Carly Smithson sings Michael Jackson's version of Come Together on American Idol

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats funny. its beatles theme but dude sings MJ's version...lol

Ohhh Mj so PWNS lol

It was just "okay" to me. Nothing special. She played the piano and that's all.

Oops! Wrong singer! My mistake.

Carly Smithson doesn't play piano. (haha) It was the other one with the blonde hair that I was mistaken about. (haha)

Last edited:
Sry...for me the simple translation is OWNS lol

and sry GIRL...i dunno the names of the contestants well. Only name a know (but cant spell) is Chikizi LOL

She sang MJ's version
29804.jpg
/ It was ok //

Well yea, there are def similarities...its def more MJ than beatles and it irks me a little that she didnt give MJ props if thats the case. I didnt see it so maybe she did and Im unaware. The way she introduces makes it seem as though se created that new arrangement when really, aside from some subtle nuances, she did MJs arrangement. It's a shame that the general public has no real knowledge of mikes talent beyond billie jean, thriller and beat it. If she's a fan, i wish she woulda represented and if shes not, then ....just an interesting coincidence that she chose the same arrangement.

Randy Jackson didn't say anything about it.

He did say something to the 17-year-old David Archuleta about him trying to sing Stevie Wonder's version of (forget the song) the Beatle song that he so embarrassingly forgot the words to.

I wonder if Randy just held back his knowledge of it being a Michael Jackson version that Carly sang; or was it really a MJ version indeed, enough to make mention of it?

I don't necessarily see how this is "Michael Jackson's" version. Many different covers have been done of Come Together that all sound alike.

I saw it but its not the version i know . I thought it was just ok as far as songs go.

I don't necessarily see how this is "Michael Jackson's" version. Many different covers have been done of Come Together that all sound alike.

Thanks for saying this. I thought it was just me who thought this. :lol:

In my opinion it sounds just as much like Aerosmith's 1978 cover of Come Together as it does Michael's or even the Beatles' original ;)

But I do so wish that American Idol would have an MJ-themed night one of these weeks.

Last edited:
I dont think it sounds like Michae's pr rhe Beatles version
the only resemblance to Mj's version its in a faster tempo
and a harder Rock style than the Beatles .. but I dont
hear MJ in it al all ..

Yup....I see some similarities, but overall I don't think it sounds like MJ's version:)

Back