Little Susie?

Stargirl

Proud Member
I don't understand...is this song dedicated to someone or what...

I mean, I really love the song. It's amazing...very emotional. I'd just like to know the story behind it, if there is one....?

i've always thought this song was a bit of a downer ("lift her w/ care oh the blood in her hair" -- eek), so I usually skip it.

i don't know of any story behind it, just always interpretted it as a woeful tale of the dangers of neglect. if anyone knows i'd be interested in learning as well. . . .in any event here's the lyrics:

Somebody killed Little Suzie
The girl with the tune
Who sings in the daytime at noon
She was there screaming
Beating her voice in her doom
But nobody came to her soon

A fall down the stairs
Her dress torn
Oh, the blood in her hair
A mystery so sullen in air
She lie there so tenderly
Fashioned so slenderly
Lift her with care,

Everyone came to see
The girl that now is dead
So blind stare the eyes in her head
And suddenly a voice from the crowd said
This girl lived in vain
Her face bear such agony, such strain
But only the man from next door
Knew Little Susie and how he cried
As he reached down
To close Susie's eyes
Fashioned so slenderly
Lift her with care

It was all for God's sake
For her singing the tune
For someone to feel her dispair
To be damned to know hoping is dead
And you're doomed
Then to scream out
And nobody's there

She knew no one cared

Father left home
Poor mother died
Leaving Susie alone
Grandfather's soul too had flown
No one to care
Just to love her
How much can one bear
Neglecting the needs in her prayers

Neglection can kill
Like a knife in your soul
Oh, it will
Little Susie fought so hard to live
Fashioned so slenderly
Lift her with care
So young and so fair

A very intressant thread!
I myself have wondered about that, but without finding answers.
One thing I know is that the song reminds me very much of my mother's best friend's daughter, who died at a very young age. I remember that we always played together when my mother and her friend were together for various occasions, and when I listen to the song I get a picture of her smiling face in my mind. :(

^
:( aww... thaz okay.
the song is really very emotional...and even if you can or can not make connections to it with your own life, it makes you wanna cry. like when mike sings "She knew no one cared"

I've always thought it an eerie song, mainly because the girl who was murdered in the song sounds a lot like JonBenet Ramsey, a 6-year old beauty queen who was killed here in the US about a year and a half after "Little Susie" came out. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the tune.

i was thinking of jonbenet too. wasnt that around the same time. that was big big news here. i think it was bigger than caylee now. i think a band even named themselfs after that poor girl. talk about inspiration..but..i thought the song was about all the babies..kids in the world who are suffering..and michael wants to spread the message to save them. but i cant stand the song..i simply get depression. and when i was younger the music scared me too..but wow it really pulls you in. and that photo in the sleeve of her. omg

Michael has written 2 songs called Little Susie I believe but only the later was recorded. I could be wrong.

I always thought it an eerie song, although I actually I like it. The music that surrounds it, the story, all of it is amazing. It's done in a style (classical composition) that Michael ventured to go public with even though his normal material is pop.

One thing I have seen before in this song is as an allegory, a symbol of some things MJ was feeling. Just a few short years before, his world was turned upside down, it felt like everyone abandoned him, his inner spirit felt murdered. He felt such agony and strain, but be careful, be tender, because he was so fragile inside and he's such a gentle person. He'd cry out, but it was like a silencer was put on his mouth. Nobody cared, nobody listened. The mystery? It is this: Why in the world would anyone want to hurt him when he did nothing but care, love, and give?

I've always wondered what inspired Michael to write a song like this. It's quite different from a lot of Michael's other work in that it has a very classical, thearetical sound, the music is creepy, but that's what makes it so great. This song really showcases Michael's talent as a songwriter. He takes you on a journey with this song, and you can really feel the sorrow and pain in Michael's voice. It's incredible.

I've tried to find more information about the story behind the song, with very little luck. :no:

This is the picture that was featured in the History booklet:
gh534jo0.jpg

^
Wow ... Ty for that

And yeah...the song is definately eerie...creepy...but I feel it's just also very emotional. Michael's vocals in this one really compell you to want to find out more about the little girl susie...and like...you feel extremely sad.

Michael has written 2 songs called Little Susie I believe but only the later was recorded. I could be wrong.

Michael wrote the song in 1979 and named it "Little Suzy".

It was first recorded for the album DANGEROUS (1991), but left off from the album. It was finally released in 1995 on the album HISTORY - PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE: BOOK I, orthographically renamed to "Little Susie".

• Little Susie - Early Version (1979) (Michael Jackson)
    Alternative title: Little Suzy
    Michael Jackson
    Outtake of the album DANGEROUS (1991)
    One of five hand-written lyrics from 1979 that have been purchased by Universal
    Express and some of its entertainment partners in November 2006. The others are:
    UNKNOWN TITLE (1979), A Baby Smiles, Be Not Always, In The Life Of Chico

Source: Michael Jackson's court disposition in Mexico in November 1993

See signature for info about other "later-released" tracks ;)

Korgnex :punk:

Individuals that are Mentally, Verbally, Physically Abusive people THINK they are SUPREME beings of the land...

As reality would have it...they are the most ugliest, pathetic, and weakest individuals that are truly a waste of space, piece of poop on the bottom of ones shoes, and a true embarressment to the human race..!

With that being said...for those of us that are or have been abused in ANY form please know that you are NOT alone, there IS help out here for you...all you gotta do is take the first step and ask..!

:angel:

Last edited:
"JonBenét Patricia Ramsey (August 6, 1990 – December 25, 1996) was an American child beauty pageant contestant made famous by her murder and the subsequent media coverage. She was found dead in the basement of her parents' home in Boulder, Colorado, nearly eight hours after she was reported missing. The case is notable in both its longevity and the media interest it has generated in the United States. After several grand jury hearings, the case is still unsolved." from Wikipedia

^ thanks

That is indeed eerie that this case and michael's could be so similar. And I believe this happened after the song right?

Remember on the Oprah interview I think it was > Mike said after Princess Diana died he had a feeling another death was coming and it turned out to be Mother Teresa...and he said he almost has this strong psychic-like gut feeling thing....
So maybe he felt something like this would happen....

Remember on the Oprah interview I think it was > Mike said after Princess Diana died he had a feeling another death was coming and it turned out to be Mother Teresa...and he said he almost has this strong psychic-like gut feeling thing....
So maybe he felt something like this would happen....

Barbara Walters interview. I hated that interview. The only part I liked was when they talked about his son. That's when his face lit up with happiness.

Back