Mjjc members/ modertators/ owners - please help us!

PrettyYoungThang

Proud Member
Please, so many of us are posting trying to find somewhere in London that we can watch Michael's funeral together. Many of us are travellers and do not have anywhere that we can watch it. We need to watch this to get our closure, to grieve, to deal with this in a healthy way.

We have been emailing the 02 with no success to try and have it broadcast there. We have been pleading for SOMEWHERE to watch it.

Isnt there anything that you can do to help us as a fanclub to organise something!? MJJC has accomplished so much in terms of organising events, TV interviews, all kinds of things. Surely you can now help us in this, probably the most difficult day we will ever face, to be together.

PLEASE HELP!

Can't you all gather at someone's house? Its being shown on...
Sky news
Sky Arts
Sky Arts HD
FIVE
CNN

Thats what im hoping for but no one is offering. Come on fan community! Help us out here!

Ive emailed 02, this is their response:

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your email and input regarding tomorrows event at The Staples centre.
We have had nothing confirmed with regards to this taking place tomorrow. I have forwarded your request on to our venue manager for consideration.
I will contact you if we hear anything back this afternoon.

Kind regards

Richard
Customer Services
The O2
Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DX
www.theo2.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 20 8463 2000

Isn't it being shown live on the BBC in the UK?

yes but some of us are tourists here currently with no access to TV. So we are looking for a place to watch it together!

I cant believe how hard this is just to find someone with a TV and a heart who will let us watch this. I feel like crying!

Maybe you could watch it online at an internet cafe if worse comes to worse. I was able to do that with James Brown's funeral.

pubs pretty much have big tv's on all the time

Hi Alison - I know exactly how you feel. i live in the UK but I don't feel like I'm going to get closure by sitting in my living room watching it at home. I need to be with all the fans so we can deal witht his together. This is so hard for us, surely we can come together?! I have also tried emailing O2 and got exactly the same reply - its a standard mesage since they are probably being bombarded with emails at the mo. There's no way it can happen at my house as its not even my house! Should we direct our attention away from the O2 or keep trying them? We only have a matter of hours left to sort this out.

Hi Alison - I know exactly how you feel. i live in the UK but I don't feel like I'm going to get closure by sitting in my living room watching it at home. I need to be with all the fans so we can deal witht his together. This is so hard for us, surely we can come together?! I have also tried emailing O2 and got exactly the same reply - its a standard mesage since they are probably being bombarded with emails at the mo. There's no way it can happen at my house as its not even my house! Should we direct our attention away from the O2 or keep trying them? We only have a matter of hours left to sort this out.

I dont know what to do to be honest. short of booking a hotel room and we all gather there, chip in and watch? Maybe that is the last resort?

As a fan, can you imagine yourself watching his funeral in a pub when you know how inconsolable you will be? This is not an option. :(

no wouldnt go near one but like u said below your oly other option would be to book a hotel room.thats prob your best best something like a travelodge

i want to be with other fans :( ... if anything is decided... ill be there :)

where is there a big screen in london? ANY IDEAS ANYONE???? there are so many fans that want to be together... WE NEED IT

I know this might be a long shot but is there any chance hardrock cafe will be showing it ? the people in there will be more understanding

185 views. Not one fan is prepared to host us. Not one MJJC representative appears to have tried to organise something. The 02 has not responded.

Im sorry people but am I missing something!? Is this not the hardest day of our lives as fans so far? Is this not the time where we should support each other more than we ever have? Is this not the day we should come together as one to remember the man who brought us together in the first place!?

To say im disappointed is an understatement. When I head home and people ask me about being in the UK for Michael's funeral, what would you like me to tell them? Because right now its looking like I will be alone, likely huddled in front of a laptop in some internet cafe crying my eyes out like so many others.

This is not right.

maybe start a seperate thread with headline there must be some fans in london who can help u guys out

I don't understand why people aren't organising a London meetup. I even checked MJJB to see if maybe they were planning something and I could report it back, but there's nothing definite there either. :( I guess everyone is on their own. (Or maybe something will turn up tomorrow)

seriously?!!? no london meet up??? i suppose everyone is just expecting someone else to organise it.. but noone is... there must be so many people wanting to be together.. please anyone.>.ANY IDEAS????

Im sorry but im gonna say what I think here. We have been let down by London. This is disgraceful. I count on this place for support and look at all of us, no where to go on this day. Shame shame shame.

Im sorry but im gonna say what I think here. We have been let down by London. This is disgraceful. I count on this place for support and look at all of us, no where to go on this day. Shame shame shame.

We will all be together on the 13th July. It would be different if there were screens showing it around london but theres not.

you could find an internet cafe and watch it through facebook or myspace, all the times i have been to London i have never actually seen any big screens showing things on tv.

hi,

i am also a tourist here in London, and tried to find a big screen yesterday -- the only option i found was Selfridges - where they sell TVs...

there was no sign at a Pub,

it would be very nice to be at a pub

Back