What was your favourite speech?

Dunno about saddest, but what made me clap, stamp my feet and shout 'at last' was Rev Al Sharpton. I was hanging on his every word. I'm glad the whole world was listening to what he had to say, every word of it the truth too, at last someone telling it like it is.

What a sensational moment, made me so proud.

i loved Marlon's

And I really loved the closing prayer and what the Pastor had to say at the beginning and the end.

I really liked Al's...Brookes....Sheila Lee...Paris.....oh heck they were ALL great!

Brooke Sheild's had the best speech, I felt. She talked about Michael as a person, and that's the most important thing, above all else. Then Marlon's. Same reason.

Everybody brought something different.

Brooke showed us the "person", not the entertainer.
Sharpton showed us why he is a legend, a freedom fighter, a historic figure.
Marlon showed us that it ain't easy being Michael.
Paris showed us that he was a loving father.

Sharpton is a beast, there are many speeches with him talking about Michael on YouTube, even defending Michael.
I'm starting to like Sharpton and think that his words are genuine, especially since I heard Sharpton helped Michael with something during the problems with Sony?!

Last edited:
Marlon, Paris, Al Sharpton, and Smokey Rob(in/ert)son were great. that congressperson speech was so unnecessary and stupid I'm glad in australia when they reaired the memorial they cut out her stupid speech. other than that I loved every moment of the memorial.

Last edited:
Paris... because of the impact her little words will have on a lot of people who were bombarded with the media image of Michael and had their doubts. Paris humanized her father to these people.

Dunno about saddest, but what made me clap, stamp my feet and shout 'at last' was Rev Al Sharpton. I was hanging on his every word. I'm glad the whole world was listening to what he had to say, every word of it the truth too, at last someone telling it like it is.

What a sensational moment, made me so proud.

Same. It made me cry, he was so passionate and he had tears in his eyes when he came off the stage. Definitely my favourite speech, that and Marlon's.

brookes was nice and sometimes funny but my fav had to be rev al sharpton.

Paris' speech was HIStory

Marlon's. :( And Paris omg
I really liked berry gordy and smokey's speeches. Brought a smile to my face!

I thought the speeches given by Michaels family were the best (particulary Marlon and Paris)...then after that I'd say Al Sharpton and Brooke Shields...

Paris first. Al sharpton next (damn he was amazing, I was standing up and clapping like mad!)

Definitely al sharpton....Nothing strange about your daddy

That bit stood out for me too. I was clapping for ages as soon as he said that. When he said "There aint nothing strange about your daddy, what people did to your daddy was strange" I thought at long last soemone is conveying all the truth about Michael.

Back