Supporting those who support the truth about MJ. Attacks on Charles Thomson false and unjustified.

DeborahFfrench

Proud Member
British journalist, Charles Thomson, who you are all no doubt aware, has been working tirelessly for some time now to bring the truth about the gross injustice meted out to Michael Jackson while he lived, into greater public awareness - has been under cyber attack now for the last two days.

A misguided and exceptionally misinformed blogger - Bonnie Cox, author of the 'Michael's Guardian' blog - who is also a member of the 'Tea Party' political group, has maliciously sent out emails and tweets to everyone she knows, claiming that Charles Thomson and Randy Taraborrelli are 'paid hitmen,' hired as part of a Sony conspiracy to destroy Michael Jackson by writing nasty articles about Michael.

Yes, really.

This blogger has also been encouraging people to harass Mr Thomson on twitter, Facebook and at his own website. This blogger - Michael's guardian - has also asked people to 'spy' on Mr Thomson's twitter account and send her so-called 'evidence' of his Sony affiliations.

This is utter nonsense. The basis for this non-existent evidence of Mr Thomson's alter-ego as a 'Sony assassin,' is nothing more than a picture that appeared on Mr Thomson's Facebook page of him and Randy Taraborrelli meeting in LA in June!

This lie has already led to Mr Thomson taking the drastic measure of removing hundreds of people from his Facebook account and locking his tweets. More action may be necessary. This speculative and false 'evidence' is as unfounded as the 'fact-building' engaged in by Sneddon and his ilk when MJ was alive - and is just as dangerous.

Instead of supporting one of the few credible journalists who supports the reality of Michael's innocence, Mr Thomson is now unfortunately being attacked by:

@MUZIKfactory2 on tweet, and by Bonnie Cox aka 'Michael's guardian' on her blog:

http://michaelsguardian.blogspot.com/2010/07/michael-and-j-randy-tarabor...

and also by Ms Cox on twitter as user @bcox64.

This is outrageous behaviour and there are serious concerns now about the apparent capacity of some MJ fans to be believe any ridiculous conspiracy that someone who is old enough - but clearly not wise enough, irresponsibly decides to put up on the web.

There are consequences for this hurtful and untrue libel, and one of those consequences may unfortunately be that Mr Thomson, someone who has dedicated enormous amounts of time trying to uncover the misinformation and years-old slandering of Michael's name - may simply stop doing his invaluable work.

There is an on-going web campaign to petition Rev Sharpton's radio show bookers to invite Mr Thomson on for an interview about Michael Jackson's trial by leaving a message at:

rachel@noerdlingermedia.com

Despite, Mr Thomson's outstanding work exposing the media's complicity in the injustice meted out to Mr Jackson while he lived, and being published by one of the biggest websites in the world - the Huffington Post - the article was ignored by the media.

We can't let the media keep suppressing the truth about the Michael Jackson trial. If the media won't cover the facts on their own, lets give them a push in the right direction.

A campaign was begun petitioning Rev Al Sharpton - a defender of Michael who interviewed Aphrodite Jones when her book came out - to invite Thomson onto his radio show and interview him about the Michael Jackson trial. Rev Al's radio show reaches a huge audience all over America and a global audience on the internet. It could get the truth about MJ's trial to millions of people.

We are hoping to galvanize mass emailing / messaging of the above contacts in Rev Sharpton's team, stating that you would love to hear Charles Thomson interviewed by Rev Sharpton on his show.

Please also include the link to Mr Thomson's explosive article at the Huffington Post:

http://tinyurl.com/37bxbem.

This campaign is being undertaken without communication with Mr Thomson, but we hope he will appreciate our efforts and be willing to be interviewed if Reverend Sharpton's team get in touch with him as a result of this campaign.

Don't let the media bury important information about MJ's trial. If we all focus on this goal now, we will be playing a vital part in helping to change the media's narrative on Michael Jackson.

And if anyone comes across any of this unsubstantiated and completely false information about Mr Thomson being a 'hired sony assassin' on the web (!) - please strongly refute it in no uncertain terms, and direct people to this link where all the information about these attacks is fully explained.

http://charlesthomsonjournalist.blog...-nonsense.html

Be under no illusions, these attacks are not being done in 'Michael's' name. They are a totally malicious and outrageous attack on an objective, honest journalist who must be wondering what the hell he's done to deserve all this.

Lets hope common sense prevails.

Thank you.

Last edited:
wow! as far as i know, there was never a bad blood written by charles thomson on michael. he constantly discredited all those nasty rumours. and what i love about charles is that he did his research and write his articles based on facts. it would take the whole universeto make me believe whatever nonsense this so-called michael guardian, unless charles say it to us himself. i support his true sense of journalism, which continues to disappear nowadays.

He at one time wrote some nasty things about MJ on another forum. Apparently leading to his being banned. This is from what I have heard from others here.

considering how he treated mj on other mj boards before it became the in thing to defend mj then what exactly does he expect. i doubt anyone cares enough one way or the other about thompson to give a reason for such a statement to be released. making him out to be some important person. he goes well with tabloidarell.birds of a feather flock together.

Last edited:
With respect and hello's all round, Charles Thomson has never posted things about Michael Jackson that were untrue or designed to hurt him, and he was writing about Mr Jackson long before he died - unlike Bonnie Cox.

From what I understand, some fans have had issues in the past with Mr Thomson's unwillingess to take a Michael-is-perfect-in every-way line as regards some of Michael's decisions and choices while he lived.

But I am also reliably informed that Mr Thomson firmly believes Michael was grossly maligned and mistreated while he lived, and is doing his best to inform people about the gross injustice Mr Jackson endured.

Regardless of how people may feel about Mr Thomson of years past, the fact remains, that he is not a Sony informer or assassin and anyone saying that he is, is spreading misinformation that does not help Mr Jackson's legacy or the focus of the fans on the issue of the continued besmirching of his name.

well i guess u can say karmas a bi** .

Thomson has never posted things about Michael Jackson that were untrue or designed to hurt him,
yeah im sure mj would have appreciated his self rightous rantings. untrue? well yeah we know he blamed mj for everything that happened to him. funny how hes changed his tuned. guess its the in thing to do now.

and he was writing about Mr Jackson long before he died -
yeah dont we all know lol anyone you give to much inportance to mr thompson in creating this thread. i doubt anyone cares either way about what someone else is saying about him. he made his bed long ago and hes certainly no high level journo that has a reputation to protect.thefacts hes getting pictures taking with JRT sums him up. lol

Hi elusivemoonwalker,

Are you suggesting it's acceptable for someone to post libelous statements about a person on the web when there is no basis for them?

If you read carefully the articles Mr Thomson has written, it is clear he evidences the bias of the media and the American Justice system against Michael. The attacks by those two formaidable fronts are not portrayed by Mr Thomson as 'being Michael's fault' so your point here seems a tad confused.

Are you suggesting it's acceptable for someone to post libelous statements about a person on the web when there is no basis for them?
no of course not but its not right the crap he talked about mj either. works both ways. so you are hardly in the right place to garner sympathy for someone who did nothing but attack mj and got themselves banned from mj boards that were very hard to get banned from back in the day.
If you read carefully the articles Mr Thomson has written, it is clear he evidences the bias of the media and the American Justice system against Michael. The attacks by those two formaidable fronts are not portrayed by Mr Thomson as 'being Michael's fault' so your point here seems a tad confused.

the guy goes with the wind and is a hypocrite. he tries to act like some top notch journo.when hes just another person who crapped on mj when he was down and is probably now on a guilt trip .fans who have been around for more than 2 minutes have seen his likes many times and his opinion is as irrelevent or relevent now as it was back when he was spewing hate against mj on the boards.

. now hes flipped and is supporting mj when this case should be perfect for him interms of attacking mj like he did back in the day on other boards.

i doubt anyone thinks he works for sony etc. and frankly i doubt anyone cares. you give to muich importance to the subject and person.no one cares. hence why im the only one here cause the boards are quiet and ive got 30 mins to waste

It is hard for me to comment on this without seeing the statements first hand that he made. but I have no reason to doubt the testimonies of the members here. And from what I have been told he has said, it is not about thinking Mj was perfect, but about being spirited and attacking MJ. I think that is unacceptable and if some fans have a bit of trouble looking past these thing she has said, Mr Thomson should expect it.

On the other hand, he has spoken up for MJ tremendously since his death on a topic that it seems he has never wavereed on. For that we can be thankful. But it does not negate what he has said on other topics.

So my feelings for this person are mixed. No one deserves to be maligned. Especially based on false information. but from what I have hread it seems Charles at one time did the same to MJ. Maligned him based on what Mr. Thomson felt was the truth. What he felt to be fact.

I think I will have to look into this more to have an informed opinion. And to feel more strongly about the situation one way or the other.

Hi ElusiveMoonwalker and ginvid.

Your questions may be valid. But I am certain Mr Thomson will happily answer any questions you have. Please ask them. He is doing such good work and it's unfair that he is being judged for saying things that I have yet to see anyone make any firm or direct quotes about.

His email is: http://www.charles-thomson.net.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Charles thomson blogpost

tuesday, 20 july 2010
clearing up more nonsense

after discovering yesterday that one individual was impersonating me on tmz, i discovered that another was writing inaccurate articles about me for consumption by thousands of vulnerable and impressionable fans.

Bonnie cox, author of the 'michael's guardian' blog, has recently published two inaccurate and defamatory articles about me and has alluded on her twitter page to the fact that she's planning a third.

Cox, a supporter of the tea party movement who last year wrote on her facebook page that she hoped president obama would get on a plane with one of his 'muslim buddies' and crash, insists on her blog that michael jackson was murdered by sony, 'this is it' is full of body doubles and jackson's friends are being murdered to disguise the truth about his death.

Among the brainless witterings on her blog, she baselessly accuses me of authoring 'false' blogs about michael jackson, suggests that i am only covering him positively for my own financial gain and implies that my friendship with j randy taraborrelli is part of a sony conspiracy to destroy michael jackson.

Four days ago she wrote, "it has been brought to my attention that charles thompson [sic] and the lowlynewshound are are one and the same." her evidence? Well, she didn't have any evidence. Her sources? She didn't have any of those either. And this is a lady who frequently berates the media for its shoddy reporting?

The lowly newshound blog, which has disappeared amidst this latest controversy, contained numerous in-depth articles about michael jackson. Bonnie cox brands the information in the blog 'false' but offers no evidence to corroborate this, writing only that she couldn't believe some of its claims.

Not content with branding the blog's contents 'false' on the sole basis that she didn't like what it said, and accusing me of writing it with absolutely no corroborative evidence, three days later bonnie cox penned a second article claiming that j randy taraborrelli's biography 'michael jackson: The magic and the madness' was sponsored by sony as part of a campaign to smear michael jackson. Not only this, but cox went on to insinuate that because i am friends with randy taraborrelli, i could be in on it.

After i sent bonnie cox several strongly worded instructions to remove this libelous material from her blog, she promised via twitter to retract the inaccurate allegations from her blog:

bonnieapologises.jpg

however, while she amended the blog entries in a small way, she has still left in place speculation that i am the newshound (suggesting that i have had a 'change of micro chip') and questions about the nature of my friendship with randy taraborrelli. She later sent me a message via twitter implying that there was something shady about my friendship with taraborrelli, saying, "i have a photo of you and taraborrelli together. How am i supposed to deal with that?"

the notion that a photograph of myself and j randy taraborrelli is evidence of a conspiracy is laughable. I have made no secret of my friendship with randy taraborrelli and nor has he. We had dinner together in la several weeks ago and both posted the pictures on our facebook pages. I'm not ashamed of our friendship and nor should i be. Taraborrelli is a kind, warm, funny and generous man, and any implication that he's part of a conspiracy to destroy michael jackson is beyond absurd. The idea that a photograph of us together would evidence any shady conspiracy or subterfuge, or would be of any interest to cox's readers, is insane.

randycharles.jpg

cox has since threatened me indirectly via twitter, writing a message that i'm 'not going to like tomorrow's blog', so apparently her next entry will be filled with even more deluded nonsense.

Cox, by her own admission, only began writing about jackson after his death. I, meanwhile, have a documented history of jackson-related journalism stretching back at least as far as 2008. Ironic, then, that cox should accuse me of being the bandwagon jumper.

Her inexperience shows, too. Among her 'evidence' of randy taraborrelli's anti-jackson agenda she cites bob jones's tell-all book about michael jackson. That would be bob jones who admitted on the stand during jackson's trial that his book contained fabricated information, such as false claims that he witnessed jackson licking the head of a young boy.

Cox also neglects to mention that in a series of tape-recorded telephone conversations between jackson and a female friend, known as the 'glenda tapes', jackson name-checks taraborrelli's book and confirms its accuracy.

A final word: The idea that i have only started writing in jackson's defence since he died and it became profitable is easily disproven by this 2008 interview i conducted with aphrodite jones about her book 'michael jackson conspiracy'.

As for the idea that i am benefitting financially from my articles about jackson's media treatment, my work on the michael jackson case has been conducted largely at my own expense. My most recent huffington post article, 'one of the most shameful episodes in journalistic history', took a month to research and is over 5000 words long. I was not paid for any of my research or writing on that piece. I wrote it because i am passionate about the cause and believe the injustice needs to be highlighted.

Quite how my willingness to spend one month doing unpaid research and writing on a pro-michael jackson article ties in with the theory that i'm part of a sony-controlled anti-michael jackson conspiracy, i'm not sure. You'll have to direct that question to bonnie cox.

http://charlesthomsonjournalist.blogspot.com/2010/07/clearing-up-more-nonsense.html#comments

Wow, I don't even know what to say to this.

See what one lie can do...

Well we are sensitive about our Michael. I don't like Tarrobelli and he speaks highly of him so usually birds of a feather flock together.

Birds of a feather flock together?........ No smoke without fire?.......... Well, I'm just going by what I heard....

These are the kind of statements I see written about Michael constantly on boards that don't believe he is innocent. So what if Mr Thomson can appreciate Taraborelli as another writer with the same interest? That does not make Thomson a 'Sony insider.'

The idea is ridiculous and this is what is being alleged, and that is why he is being attacked. I have seen no direct quotes or evidence of Thomson's so-called antipathy towards Michael, have any of you?

I had thought of all places, that people at a Michael Jackson forum would not leap to judgement.

the problem with new fans is that they dont know nothing, not just new fans but generally fans who haent followed his whereabouts regularly.. they simply know little to nothing even if they are fans since 1968

I am not sure what the above comment means in the context of this truth: Michael is dead, but his children survive him, and if they are not to become teenagers in a world that still largely believes their father profoundly harmed children, a huge shift in thinking and access to factual information needs to take place in the public arena.

The shift that is required will mean opening large sections of people who are not fans, to the truth of the huge character assassination that was engineered against Mr Jackson. This isn't about fandom, this is about how Michael's civil and human rights were overriden for gain by a great number of people.

I constantly hear people saying they wish the media would look at what it's done and declare it. That is exactly what Charles Thomson is trying to do - make the public aware of what the media and the American justice system did to Michael. So why is he not better supported?

I urge, no, ask all to stay in the present and look, read and evaluate Mr Thomson on what he contributing now. These endless debates about who was the 'bigger fan', or how long have people been fans do not help Michael - or his children.

Last edited:
Yes, a relatively young man died, leaving three children behind in a world that will one day try to tell them their father was a sexual predator. I'd say that's dramatic.

It's also a total disgrace.

Which is why the work we all do now on helping to change the media narrative, or at least help give a competing version an equal platform is so incredibly important.

It is why we are asking people to petition Tom Joyner, Tom Smiley and Rev Sharpton to interview Thomson on their respective radio shows. We are trying to give someone in the media who acknowledges the bias and the injustice done to Michael - a greater opportunity to express that clearly and in a way that cannot be disparaged as fandom.

Last edited:
Yes, a relatively young man died, leaving three children behind in a world that will one day try to tell them their father was a sexual predator. I'd say that's dramatic.

my comment wasn't aimed at you or your words. and it was definitely NOT about Michael and his children.

No worries!

I feel it's important we all realize that debates about length or extent of fanship are not what anyone truly concerned with the welfare of that which meant most to Michael - his children, should be focusing on at this point in time.

I really believe what we need to do is work together, all of us, to promote and support all those who are actively trying to change the media's continuing, destructive narrative on Michael Jackson. That means supporting all those who are trying, and are able, to speak to the media effectively. People such as Aphrodite Jones, Barbara Kaufmann, Thomas Mesereau - and Charles Thomson.

We can start by petitioning Rev Al Sharpton - a defender of MJ who interviewed Aphrodite Jones when her book came out - to invite Charles Thomson onto his radio show and interview him about the Michael Jackson trial.

Rev Al's radio show reaches a huge audience all over America and a global audience on the internet. It could get the truth about MJ's trial to millions of people. Rev Al's communications officer is Rachel Noerdlinger. You can email her at:

rachel@noerdlingermedia.com

Please send her polite emails and include the link to Mr Thomson's article at Huffington Post: http://tinyurl.com/37bxbem - explaining that lots of people would tune into Rev Al's radio show to hear such an interview. Don't let the media bury important information about MJ's trial.

I really hope people will participate in this. Whatever our individual thoughts about Thomson and all the different agendas that exist amongst supporters of Michael's legacy - surely we can all unite on the need to challenge the media's current narrative on Michael. If we all do our bit, perhaps we can change it.

We won't know until we try.

Last edited:
I am all for changing views of people as regards MJ. And, I think it is important for this information to get out.
And, as long as Mr. Thomson keeps his answers specifically on the trial and the media bias and not about his personal feelings of MJ (SMH) then I think it is a worthy cause.

Deborah, you might also want to ask the Legacy team for help with this effort, they may be able to help in organizing something.

I am all for changing views of people as regards MJ. And, I think it is important for this information to get out.
And, as long as Mr. Thomson keeps his answers specifically on the trial and the media bias and not about his personal feelings of MJ (SMH) then I think it is a worthy cause.

Deborah, you might also want to ask the Legacy team for help with this effort, they may be able to help in organizing something.

i am with u. right now it is important to get that info out in public because people like dd are not going any where soon and that list is long .
but i also trust old member in here ,so this thomson guy must stick to trial and media bias subject ,we don't want any personal view about mj from him or his friend .

Thank you so much ginvid and blankyluvdoodoo (!),

I understand your provisos, though of course I cannot and do not speak for Mr Thomson. But having observed for myself the meticulously researched work he is putting out into the public domain, I believe that my confidence in his intentions is not misplaced. I really do feel that Thomson is someone who should be supported.

Lots of people at present are doing the emailing, and I am positive that more en masse effort will yield a positive response. Anything any of you can do here at this forum to push this effort would be massively appreciated - and thank you ginvid for the Legacy idea.

I will contact them.

Be well.

Last edited:
^Hi DeborahFfrench,

I believe most people support your position that the truth regarding the allegations and subsequent trial should be reported. In fact, it is a journalists oath and duty to report the truth. The truth never changes; unfortunately, the moral character of the "truth tellers" can and sometimes does change. Though I see no evidence to suggest that Thomason is involved in a Sony conspiracy, I certainly understand the apprehension to embrace him whole-heartedly. In regards to his reporting regarding the trial, I agree with it 100%. That information is readily available to anyone who is truly interested in learning the facts. I'm also familar with some of his previous comments. I'll just say yes, I support you and your quest to have the truth reported in the mainstream media. I just urge you to keep in mind what others have noted because remember, Ian Halperin also say's that Michael is innocent and you know....

^Hi DeborahFfrench,

I believe most people support your position that the truth regarding the allegations and subsequent trial should be reported. In fact, it is a journalists oath and duty to report the truth. The truth never changes; unfortunately, the moral character of the "truth tellers" can and sometimes does change. Though I see no evidence to suggest that Thomason is involved in a Sony conspiracy, I certainly understand the apprehension to embrace him whole-heartedly. In regards to his reporting regarding the trial, I agree with it 100%. That information is readily available to anyone who is truly interested in learning the facts. I'm also familar with some of his previous comments. I'll just say yes, I support you and your quest to have the truth reported in the mainstream media. I just urge you to keep in mind what others have noted because remember, Ian Halperin also say's that Michael is innocent and you know....

Very well said, Alayasha...I totally agree with you.:yes:

Okay, I have to ask this.

Where the hell was CT and his lofty ideals before 25 June 2009?

The suggestion that Charles Thomson was paid by Sony to destroy Michael is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. There are some fans who are upset that he prefers Prince to MJ - in other words, if you're a Michael Jackson fan you're apparently not allowed to listen to other music.

There are some fans, unfortunately, who refuse to hear anything negative about Michael Jackson. For real musicologists for example, the greatest entertainer of all-time lip-synching almost a complete concert tour was damaging to his credibility and his legacy. Michael Jackson historians should know that, not pretend it's not the case.

Michael Jackson fans have to develop a thicker skin. I've never read anything posted by Charles Thomson on any forum that he hasn't justified. I'm not saying he's always correct. I'm saying he was able to justify himself. And if proved wrong he'd accept it.

Everything he's written in his articles (and there are more besides the 'shocking journalism
history' one) have been spot on.

Bonnie Cox talks about wishing Barack Obama being flown on a plane with his 'Muslim friends' and being killed. Anyone who supports that shouldn't call themselves a Michael Jackson fan.

Hi Alayash and TinaG,

I understand your position re the example of Halperin. If I may add this: the major difference, of course, between Thomson and Halperin, is that Thomson has never said Michael was guilty, whereas Halperin has made money for years alleging one hyperbolic thing after another, and is obviously only saying Michael is innocent now to curry favour with those he hopes will buy his products.

In direct contrast, Thomson's articles at Huffington Post are hosted without payment to their author, and the extensive and time-consuming research he undertakes has benefited Michael's name and legacy far more than Halperin's ever could - or will.

Hi Cinzia,

June 25 came out of the blue for everyone. From what I understand Mr Thomson had tried on various occasions to get stories into the press about Michael and was turned down. The media's reluctance to even accept - let alone promote the truth about Michael's innocence, is well known and needs no elaboration at this forum. But I think you would agree that since the 25th, Mr Thomson has worked exceptionally hard to try and make the public aware of the bias, injustice and persecution Michael endured.

Hi Samhabib,

At the moment the dust on this nonsense seems to have settled. I am hoping people will rely on their own judgement on this issue and continue, as I do, to support Thomson's efforts. Yes, he wrote strongly opinioniated comments about MJ on a forum years ago - mainly I have to say, urging Michael to take control of his life and be extra vigilant in not unintentionally 'helping' the press smear his name. Thomson also wrote this:

Excerpt from MJJSTAR.COM

by ruue » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:46 pm

TwistedVision wrote:

" Interesting.. Bruce Swedien said in recent years that MJ owed him money and that he thought MJ could be a paedophile.

Quite a U-turn. Perhaps MJ should think twice before trusting this backstabber. "

Finally:

I have also seen the racist and otherwise abusive comments sent by MUZIKfactory2 and Bonnie Cox to a number of people and Thomson, and am astounded so few fans have picked up on this. These people have clearly demonstrated that not only are they estranged from the truth, but that they are also in absolutely no position to be hectoring Mr Thomson about ethics or decent behaviour.

Re: Reverend Sharpton Initiative:

I, and many others, are continuing to send emails to Rachel Noerdlinger and we very much hope others will join us.

They may not say yes, but we won't know unless we try.

Last edited:
Back