I believe 'Breaking News' is 100% authentic and I want to talk about it here

Re: "Breaking News" Genuine Song Talk Here

Steve,I want to thank you for your incredible post.You almost read my mind about Breaking News.

After 3 days of listening of the song I'm now 100% it's Michael on the track.I've been listening to the song non stop till then and to me it sounds more and more like Michael every time I listen to it.

Remember guys,even if it was fake and was released when Michael was alive there wouldn't be any question because guess what,Michael was alive.What if 2000 watts/Shout was released after Michael's death.Would you guys still think it's him,or would you treat the song just like `Breaking News`?

Beside,even before the single was released,most of the fans had the idea that the track might be fake because of the statements released by the family members.You have also to realize that maybe Michael tried some new ways of singing,some new effects on his voice,or more than this,just something new.

Many people say that the song is fake.How do you know it's fake?Have you been there?Sony doesn't need to demonstrate that it's a genuine song,the others need to demonstrate that it's fake,and guess what,they can't.Beside this,I find it completely rude cause `the fans` are being rude to one another.It's their opinion and you might not be able to change it.Read my post,I'm not being rude to anyone,but some of them are like "OMFG ARE YOU BLIND?!I'VE BEEN AN MJ FAN FOR 57295279525 YEARS HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S HIM?!IT'S CLEARLY NOT HIM IT'S JASON MALACHI!".Here I also address to the fans that believe the song is real and are rude with the others.

About Jason Malachi.What's with him?He's just a guy the world forgot all about.Why did you guys start to talk about him.Is he really so relevant in this subject?There are many other people who are MJ sound alikes like Ne-Yo,Justin Timberlake,etc.

Now let's talk about Sony.Is really their fault?What if the songs are real?What will the fans that denied to then?Why would Sony put so much effort in a fake song and not chose another song that's complete.There must be a complete song in Michael's catalog.Why would they buy the Cascio tracks if they were incomplete.Why would Sony risk so much just for a fake trak?
There are many questions that I can't find a rational answer if `Breaking News` was fake indeed.Sony are not stupid,they won't lose a lot of money just because of this.

Lastly you have to know that it isn't only Sony's fault for what happened,it's also the estate,cause Sony's is job is mostly to promote and distribute the album.

I guess we'll have to wait for the estate to make the announcement these days and see what happens.If the vocals are proved to be MJ,I'm sure I'll see threads like `SONY PAYED THEM TO SAY THAT!`.If they're proven to be MJ vocals live with it!

In the end,Breaking News it's a great track.It's radio friendly and has the Michael feeling to it.Period.

P.S. I know many people will hate me for this post ;)

Nope - I love you for it! hehe:cheeky:

To me the Estate's letter settles it and yes, the song sounds better. The vocals/music are clearer but it's MJ. Since I first heard the song it was pretty evident to me it was MJ. I hope we can all unite as fans and enjoy Michael's music once again. Love you and miss you Mike.

You and I may sometimes miss some of Michael Jackson's strong background vocals on his future recordings, because

in the words of Paris Jackson:

"I miss everything about Michael Jackson." :agree:

Nevertheless,

"THE MUSICAL LEGACY OF MICHAEL JACKSON WILL CONTINUE and I am Loving it." :sun:

I can't stop listening to the song.

It's funky, and great produced, and now I actually think it is MJ singing.

Can't wait for more songs and I am going to give Michael as christmas present to soo many people this year. :lol:

I can not get this song out of my head !
I LIKE IT A LOT

This song is so HITFULL the more i listen to it the more i want the album. His voice sounded like the one in Ghost, SPYHO, This is it voice training and many others...

At first I must admit I was one of the many who didn't believe the vocals on BN were authentic. Being a budding music producer myself, I decided to do my own little simple experiment (for my own peace of mind). I pitched up the acapella and was suprised to discover the result sounded much more like the micheal jackson we are all used to hearing. They have messed around with the vocal way too much. We are all used to hearing mj sing in a much higher key so I think thats caused some confusion. The backing vocals and heavy editing didn't help either. If Micheal was alive BN came out sounding the way it does now, I dont think as many would have doubted it was him. We would have accepted the song. I think the fact he is not here is having a subconcious effect by arousing suspicion in many of us. I now believe its 100% MJ on lead vocals with backing vocals by another. However, I don't believe the recording of BN was fully complete i.e this is a demo (hence why mj isn't giving it his all) which has been edited heavily to turn it into a (almost) finished product. Before the album does release I hope they will lower the backing vocals so we can hear micheal more and they need to go easy on the vocal processing so it sounds more RAW. Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
GReat song.

With MJ's background vocals...it would have been incredible. But He is not here...so we will have to settle for what we can get.

I fully support the song and the album.

At first I wanted the songs removed because of the controversy...but MJ fans have been so hateful against Teddy Riley and other MJ fans who love the song....

and now I want them all on the album. not out of spite, but because I believe these are MJ's vocals. They may not be what we are used to, ..but they are what the are.

If you want to boycott the album..go ahead...but for Christ's sake please quit whining.

I agree with DR who, Steve you have spoken very well on this and at times took the words right out of my mouth, it is amazing to me that many on here are still debating it, some even thought they were going to get the song pulled. They called for a statement but when the statement said it was Michael singing they still wouldn't accept it.

Anyway it's good to know there are still some fans here with a bit of sense.

I agree with DR who, Steve you have spoken very well on this and at times took the words right out of my mouth, it is amazing to me that many on here are still debating it, some even thought they were going to get the song pulled. They called for a statement but when the statement said it was Michael singing they still wouldn't accept it.

Anyway it's good to know there are still some fans here with a bit of sense.

Yes I'm glad too. Thanks I'm not alone on this.

At first I must admit I was one of the many who didn't believe the vocals on BN were authentic. Being a budding music producer myself, I decided to do my own little simple experiment (for my own peace of mind). I pitched up the acapella and was suprised to discover the result sounded much more like the micheal jackson we are all used to hearing. They have messed around with the vocal way too much. We are all used to hearing mj sing in a much higher key so I think thats caused some confusion. The backing vocals and heavy editing didn't help either. If Micheal was alive BN came out sounding the way it does now, I dont think as many would have doubted it was him. We would have accepted the song. I think the fact he is not here is having a subconcious effect by arousing suspicion in many of us. I now believe its 100% MJ on lead vocals with backing vocals by another. However, I don't believe the recording of BN was fully complete i.e this is a demo (hence why mj isn't giving it his all) which has been edited heavily to turn it into a (almost) finished product. Before the album does release I hope they will lower the backing vocals so we can hear micheal more and they need to go easy on the vocal processing so it sounds more RAW. Let me know your thoughts.

Have you heard the new version on MJ.com website. It seems to me the vocals are cleaner, clearer and crisper. Check it out. I'm curious to hear what you think.

GReat song.

With MJ's background vocals...it would have been incredible. But He is not here...so we will have to settle for what we can get.

I fully support the song and the album.

At first I wanted the songs removed because of the controversy...but MJ fans have been so hateful against Teddy Riley and other MJ fans who love the song....

and now I want them all on the album. not out of spite, but because I believe these are MJ's vocals. They may not be what we are used to, ..but they are what the are.

If you want to boycott the album..go ahead...but for Christ's sake please quit whining.

Thanks Memefan- I recognize you from the "New album thread". I'm glad you came around. Thanks. I hope more would.

Maybe 'Let Me Carry Your School Books' is actually MJ too???

I don't believe it's an impersonator, I do believe it is his vocals, they've just been blended and layered with another singer (Ewing).

I think it's interesting how after the first allegations he wrote Tabloid Junkie/Is It Scary and after the trial he's written Breaking News/Monster which has the same kind of themes....

Taj is threatening to call in legal action over what that disgusting Kelvin guy said on ITV (which I support him behind 100%), but he hasn't made the same moves to threaten legal action over music in his uncle's name he believes is fraudulent...

Re: "Breaking News" Genuine Song Talk Here (Not For Fake Or Not Talk. For Those Who Appreciate the S

Nah, you're not reading into it too much -- you're hitting the nail on its head.

My interpretation is that the "Michael Jackson" he keeps referring to in the song is a personality or an entity that he does not recognize. He spits the name out, almost with distaste. It refers to a creature made of rumors and lies, created by the media and everyone else out there "wanting a piece of Michael Jackson". This is further evident from the chorus, where he sings "Who is this boogieman you're thinking of?" I've always believed that he explored a similar theme on 'Threatened' -- that, on that song, he's saying that if you really believe all the crap that's written about him, all the rumors and lies, if you really believe that he's this monster and that he's dangerous, then you should bloody well be threatened by him!

I love it when he uses lyrics like this, 'cos they are a bit deeper and not as one-dimensional as, for example, those on 'Privacy'.

I really like this theory, thanks for posting it. :)

This thread is making me feel less crazy.

Yes. I agree. This is really sad. Could you imagine it's proved being MJ's and his own fans say no, you're not good enough, you don't sound like you. Painful. I would gladly be convinced it's the real deal though. I'm on the fence now, but I do like the song a lot.

When you put it that way it makes me really sad. I didn't think of it that way.

I'm sorry Michael. I feel so bad.

I didn't get to listen to the song much during the week because I haven't been able to get to a computer. So today I caught myself up and listened to the song numerous times. I also happened to listen to a few of the acapella versions just a few minutes ago and I have to say that my opinion has changed just a bit. After a few listens, I became more convinced of it being his vocals. I remembered that Michael had a wide vocal range and could sing in various different pitches: may it be high or low. I'm still not 100% confident that it is Michael but even if certain parts of the song are sampled from previous songs, the main vocals still sound very much like Michael's. The song also sounds like a rough demo that probably needed a lot of editing and work. It doesn't sound like a finished song. I have to admit that the "hee hee's" and "hoo's" sound sampled and slapped onto the song (they don't really fit in).
But then again I am what would be considered a "new listener" so I probably wouldn't be the best at analyzing Michael's voice as opposed to life-long fans. Though, no matter what any of us fans believe, we shouldn't be penalized for it. Whether we believe it's him, not him, or if we are not sure.

I, for one, am still not sure but I do believe that at least most of those vocals are Michael's. The background vocals definitely were provided by others and not just Michael and they overpower his voice a little.

Is it true that now again a new version is available on mj.com ??

a 3rd version ?

'NEWS' REPORT: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

The controversial preview track from "Michael," due Dec. 14, debuts atop the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs' Bubbling Under chart, which showcases the top 25 titles that have yet to reach the 100-position R&B/Hip-Hop Songs survey.

"Breaking News" logged 1.1 million impressions on 52 R&B/hip-hop stations after just two days of airplay, according to Nielsen BDS. Among all stations monitored by BDS, "Breaking News" registered 302 plays on 177 stations, amounting to an audience of 2.6 million, since its arrival Monday (Nov. 8).

Despite its rising chart status, "Breaking News" logged 94% of its two-day audience among R&B/Hip-Hop Songs panelists in its first day of availability. Fifty R&B/hip-hop stations played the song Monday, but just four programmed it Tuesday.

Adult R&B reporter WBLS/New York spun "Breaking News" once Monday. "Listeners seemed to think that 'Breaking News' sounds 'unfinished' and is not a representation of the level of perfection that Michael sought in his music," says WBLS program director Skip Dillard.

"Many listeners who responded asked to hear other tracks and said that they'll be interested to hear what else is on the upcoming album."

http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...-rihanna-mariah-carey-1004126525.story?page=2

YEAH BABY .... :lol:

That's awesome news from Billboard. I had no idea it got played on that many radio stations. Very cool!

Ok this is what I think, I don't like Breaking News because I think that Michael would not be happy with it and because James Porte vocals are on the track. We've tried to remove Cascio tracks but we've failed. Now is the time that we all unite and support this album, not because Teddy Riley, not because John McClain, not because Sony, but because of Michael Jackson and his legacy. His legacy must live and we are his soldiers of L.O.V.E. We have to make Hold My Hand number one all around the world and the album too. I invite all Michael Jackson fans to support this release no mather what we think about those 3 tracks. I realized that the tracklist is decided and there is nothing we can do to change it. I didn't change my mind about these songs but I changed my mind about this whole project and I am going to support it and I think we all should. I am going now to pre-order the album again and I invite you all to do the same. Lets bring Michael back on the top, lets make him Number One again!

I think a lot of fans not only said that it wasn't Michael they also said it wasn't any good and this is why they don't want to accept the truth now, they don't want to admit it is Michael because they have ran the song down.

I think a lot of fans not only said that it wasn't Michael they also said it wasn't any good and this is why they don't want to accept the truth now, they don't want to admit it is Michael because they have ran the song down.

my thoughts exactly. also, it's hard to admit to yourself that you didn't recognise your idol's voice. some people admitted it and I think it was very brave of them.

anyway, thank god for this thread, cause it's the only one I can read in this subforum. the negativity is deafening.

I still enjoy this song very much and look forward to the album :punk:

Found the following quotes on Gearslutz board. I don't know, who the poster is, but he was registered there several years ago and seems legit.

i played guitar on one of the new tracks produced by TR for this upcoming michael album. i heard the acapella of the track. It is for sure michael jackson.

ej
then another user asks him a question:
EJ, thanks for writing in. Can you expand on this at all? Were you able to tell the respective roles of MJ and the other singer now being credited on the track? Can you suggest anyone else we could invite into this thread to discuss?
and he replies:
i should clarify...i can only speak on the particular track that i worked on. that track was for sure an mj original vox. teddy riley is a great guy and i can't imagine him participating in a song with an mj sound alike...he has way too much respect and reverence for mj.

ej

:)

here's the link http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...547575-michael-jackson-michael-new-album.html

The new version is much MUCH clearer.... it sounds like Michael Jackson now.

The other version was so layered in backing vocals and it distracted from the lead vocals... it made it look suspect, as if they were trying to hide something.

But listening to the newer version, you can hear it's obviously Michael Jackson.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, now I can start enjoying the song for what it is, without dissecting every little nuance...

The new version is much MUCH clearer.... it sounds like Michael Jackson now.

The other version was so layered in backing vocals and it distracted from the lead vocals... it made it look suspect, as if they were trying to hide something.

But listening to the newer version, you can hear it's obviously Michael Jackson.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, now I can start enjoying the song for what it is, without dissecting every little nuance...

completely agree it is so much clearer now and I am starting to really enjoy it (listening it to at this moment :cheeky:)

Back