Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJ and Dionne Warwick

Recently I strolled through the shops of the village where I live and went into the music store. (Yes, there are actually people who still love to buy CDs and DVDs and not only listen and watch downloaded stuff!) I noticed a Dionne Warwick CD against a real bargain price and I recognized some of the songs. This CD was a trip down memory lane! Bought the CD and it turns out I know each and every song on that CD and I love them all. Played the CD numerous times and each time I thought: did Michael like Dionne Warwick and her music ? He must have loved this music, I feel so sure that he did if I know anything at all about Michael. So I started searching and found this....

71082195.jpg

Singers Dionne Warwick and Michael Jackson at the Grammy Awards

gal_mj3.jpg

Quincy Jones, Dionne Warwick, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie at the Grammy Awards[/b]

michael-jackson-86-070a.jpg

In 1986 with the award for 'We Are The World'

On Michael's legacy:

"...he could sing. Yes. Yes. It was more than the magic of everything else that he did. He was a brilliant singer....[and] The wonderful things that he did for this entire world. I think he brought a new insight as to the things that we really should be paying attention to. He did it brilliantly, and I think that's his legacy. "

Michael Jackson Hollywood Star

Michael Jackson - Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again

Dionne Warwick performed at Michael's 30th Anniversary Concert in Madison Square Garden in New York City in 2001. You can see Michael at 1:15 and 3:38 applauding and blowing Dionne a hand kiss.

All The Love In The World...For...Michael Jackson...

Dionne Warwick Dot Ceremony: The Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait

Dionne tells the audience how honored she is to be asked to be a dot in Michael's tribute portrait. She goes on to say that she met him as a 9 year old and he always thought that Message To Michael was for him. In another video Dionne told the interviewer that Michael called her 'Mom'.

Sources:

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/109559

Michael Jackson and Rabindranath Tagore

Rabindranath-Tagore_0.jpg

Rabindranath Tagore was an Indian poet who lived from 1861 until 1941. He was not only a poet, but also a teacher, a philosopher, an author of essays, plays, dramas and musicals, in addition he wrote several songs, he painted and he drew. A multi-talented man. You can read more here : http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1913/tagore-bio.html

Through some of the quotes by Rabindranath Tagore, you can easily see why Michael loved his poetry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson and A.R. Rahman on ‘Tagore’ Poems

michael-jackson.jpg

It was a dream that will come true for A.R. Rahman. Perhaps, the biggest disappointment for the ‘Oscar Hero’! The musical maestro had met Michael Jackson during the Oscars Ceremony and expressed his wish about working together on the theme of ‘World Peace’.
Immediately, the Pop King came up with affirmative response and started glimpsing through the poems of ‘Rabindranath Tagore’. The plans were designed in such a way that both Rahman and Michael Jackson will be crooning together as well compose music. But unfortunately, the dreams were shattered and indeed it’s the biggest musical of the decade we had to miss it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quotes by Rabindranath Tagore

"Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them."

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation."

"Music fills the infinite between two souls."

"Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom."

"Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man."

"Facts are many, but the truth is one."

Michael%20Jackson-250775.jpg

images

0.jpg

Some of Rabindranath's poems:

My Song

This song of mine will wind its music around you,
my child, like the fond arms of love.

The song of mine will touch your forehead
like a kiss of blessing.

When you are alone it will sit by your side and
whisper in your ear, when you are in the crowd
it will fence you about with aloofness.

My song will be like a pair of wings to your dreams,
it will transport your heart to the verge of the unknown.

It will be like the faithful star overhead
when dark night is over your road.

My song will sit in the pupils of your eyes,
and will carry your sight into the heart of things.

And when my voice is silenced in death,
my song will speak in your living heart.

ca1fa1799d.jpg

and what about this one:

Baby's Way

If baby only wanted to, he could fly up to heaven this moment.
It is not for nothing that he does not leave us.
He loves to rest his head on mother's bosom, and cannot ever
bear to lose sight of her.
Baby know all manner of wise words, though few on earth can
understand their meaning.
It is not for nothing that he never wants to speak.
The one thing he wants is to learn mother's words from
mother's lips. That is why he looks so innocent.
Baby had a heap of gold and pearls, yet he came like a beggar
on to this earth.
It is not for nothing he came in such a disguise.
This dear little naked mendicant pretends to be utterly
helpless, so that he may beg for mother's wealth of love.
Baby was so free from every tie in the land of the tiny
crescent moon.
It was not for nothing he gave up his freedom.
He knows that there is room for endless joy in mother's little
corner of a heart, and it is sweeter far than liberty to be caught
and pressed in her dear arms.
Baby never knew how to cry. He dwelt in the land of perfect
bliss.
It is not for nothing he has chosen to shed tears.
Though with the smile of his dear face he draws mother's
yearning heart to him, yet his little cries over tiny troubles
weave the double bond of pity and love.

If you want to read more of his poems, click here http://www.poemhunter.com/rabindranath-tagore/poems/page-1/

Unending Love: Love Through Time

One or two days ago I was sitting at my desk, looking at Michael-things for this thread when I suddenly felt a very cold spot high on the middle of my forehead. I touched it a few times but the skin felt normal to the touch. Somehow it gave me the sensation of the breeze of a sweet kiss on my forehead.
Now I find this video with the line "The song of mine will touch your forehead
like a kiss of blessing."

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rUJNPYyPBF0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Michael Jackson, Tagore and the Red Violin

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kvTcVskINB8" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Sources:

http://www.southdreamz.com/2009/07/...r-rahman-on-‘tagore’-poems.html#ixzz1Cpty1d5f

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/rabindranath_tagore.html

http://www.poemhunter.com/rabindranath-tagore/poems/page-1/

Michael Jackson Tribute Page

MSA celebrates the life of Michael Jackson. We thank him for providing two decades of unforgettable opportunities for our clients.
He will remain an inspiration to dancers and choreographers for generations to come.

MSA is proud of all their clients who were part of the Michael Jackson This Is It Tour. They will always remember Michael, and are grateful for the chance to work with him.

Co-Creator/Director - Kenny Ortega
Associate Director/Choreographer - Travis Payne
Associate Producer - Alif Sankey
Assistant Choreographers - Stacy Walker and Tony Testa
Aerial Choreographer - Dreya Weber
Production Designer - Michael Cotten
Dancers - Chucky Klapow and Shannon Holtzapffel M
Personal Dance Coach - David Elsewhere Bernal
Casting Director - Gregg Smith
Video Design Contributor - Raj Kapoor

MJ_crew-c.jpg

Michael and MSA Clients celebrate during rehearsal

Official Statements from MSA Clients who worked with Michael:

KENNY ORTEGA
“Michael was a dear friend of 25 years and a consummate professional. This was the most exciting collaboration of my life with a man who has inspired me like no other. He will be deeply missed. I am terribly sad. This is all too much to comprehend. This was the world’s greatest performer and the world will miss him. My heart goes out to his family and fans.”

TRAVIS PAYNE
"Gone Too Soon.
Michael Jackson has been and always will be the most influential force in my past, present and future creative development.

Michael’s true genius, grace and humanity have influenced me in more ways than I was aware of, until I realized that we had truly lost him. The distinct honor of collaborating with Michael Jackson over these past 17 years will forever be some of my most cherished memories and mean more to me than mere words can express. It brings me great comfort knowing that I never hesitated to tell Michael how much I loved, respected, and cherished him. I shall remain eternally grateful to have known this man, and honored to have been able to call him my friend.

Speechless, That’s how he makes me feel."

-Travis Payne
Associate Director & Choreography Partner to Mr. Michael Jackson

VINCENT PATERSON
"Michael Jackson was music incarnate. He was the most polite 'celebrity' with whom I have ever worked. He was loving, generous, and funny. I never heard him speak a demeaning or unkind word about anyone. Ever. I sat with him when he laughed like a child, and when he cried for being persecuted by the press for being 'unusual.'
Michael literally gave me a career. He believed in me when I was a novice. He gave me opportunity after opportunity to collaborate, making history again and again. Almost every major accomplishment I have made in the entertainment industry somehow tracks back to Michael and the connections made because of our work together. As a choreographer, he shared with me cherished advice that I have lived by: 'Never force your ideas on a song. Let the music tell you what it wants to be.'

I wanted to share the work I created with and for him, because in each of these experiences I grew immensely as an artist:
Beat It -- Dancer
Thriller -- Dancer
Smooth Criminal — Director/Choreographer
Dirty Diana -- Choreographer
Black or White -- Choreographer
The Way You Make Me Feel — Choreographer
Dirty Diana -- Choreographer
Speed Demon -- Choreographer
Sanyo Commercial -- Choreographer
Grammy Awards 1988 — Choreographer
AMA's -- Choreographer
Superbowl XXVII — Choreographer
Bad Tour — Director/Choreographer (his first solo tour)
10th anniversary of MTV — Director/Choreographer
Blood on The Dance Floor — Director/Choreographer

WADE ROBSON
"Michael Jackson changed the world and, more personally, my life forever. He is the reason I dance, the reason I make music, and one of the main reasons I believe in the pure goodness of human kind. He has been a close friend of mine for 20 years. His music, his movement, his personal words of inspiration and encouragement and his unconditional love will live inside of me forever. I will miss him immeasurably, but I know that he is now at peace and enchanting the heavens with a melody and a moonwalk. I love you Michael."

JAMIE KING
I consider Michael Jackson one of my earliest teachers. I was so lucky to be able to learn from the ultimate showman - the King of Pop himself. He taught me how to perform on a grand scale and how to create spectacular and memorable performances that touch and inspire people. No one puts on a show like Michael Jackson! His death marks the end of a fantastical life, one filled with passion and artistry. He will forever be in my heart and his influence will always be a huge part of the concert tours and productions that I direct. It is because of Michael that I do what I do. Thank you, Michael for inspiring me and the entire world.

TONY TESTA
"I will never forget the first time that I met him... The most humble smile, and the biggest hands! It was an absolute honor to spend his last 3 months with him. And even though I didn't know him for very long, the things that I learned from him and the strategy with which he put together a show is something I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I can still hear his voice whenever anyone got frustrated: 'It's ok, this is what rehearsal is for!'"

BARRY LATHER
"I have no words that can express the loss of Michael Jackson. He had such a significant impact on my dancing aspirations and influenced me in so many ways. He is the reason I moved to Los Angeles to pursue a dance & choreography career. I will never forget my first job in Los Angeles, which was the film 'Captain EO'. Just a year earlier I was watching 'Thriller' as a senior in high school, and 2 weeks before I moved to LA I saw the Victory Tour, then suddenly I was dancing with the biggest star on the planet. I was so thrilled and honored. His intensity, passion and dedication was remarkable. I watched everything and tried to learn as much as I could. I had the honor to work with Michael a few times through the years....and everytime it was a joyful experience, a total highlight. I remember him being kind, polite and very respectful....and I also recall when it came time to shoot for picture his explosiveness was unbelievable. His genius body of work will go down in history and will always inspire generations to come. His undeniable desire to be the best and creatively be different pushed us all. I will cherish the experience of working with him and feel blessed to have worked with such a gifted mesmerizing performer. A true legend who will be missed!"

KELLEY PARKER
MJ_kelly_parker-thmb.jpg

Michael Jackson and Kelley Parker"Michael was magic, pure and simple. He was a man who believed in the goodness of mankind and embodied pure unconditional love. I am so sad on so many levels. For the loss of an innovative genius and who was music and dance personified, for the loss of a man who loved the whole world and touched so many lives, but mostly, for me personally, the loss of a friend that I loved so dearly. Most people don't know about how close I was to Michael for many years following 'Moonwalker/Smooth Criminal' because I was never one to exploit that, even to this day I rarely talk about it, for that was a friendship that I honored and respected as private. I feel compelled at this time though, to speak of my amazing friend, as a witness to his life, and the gentleness of his soul.
He taught me so much, both as an actor and as a person, he continually inspired me to reach beyond my boundaries. He and I spent a great deal of time, one on one, while filming 'Moonwalker.' I remember that he told me once to never rush (an emotion), that everything in life has a rhythm, and that it is the pauses and silences that speak the truth. He understood this better than anyone, he had a way of quietly inspiring everyone around him to be better than ever thought they could be. He helped so many, and inspired us all.
Michael believed in Magic, he believed that we could change the world, and he had such unconditional love that when you were around him, you couldn't help but believe it too. He is intertwined in all of who I am, I became a dancer because of him, I became an artist because he inspired me to dream, and a writer because he taught me the power of moving people through words and actions. I love you my friend, and I know you are in a better place, we were blessed to have you for as long as we did."

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ceU4ANZKdOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://www.msaagency.com/pr/msa/this-is-it---.aspx

Innocent!
by Charlene Burgess

34183_402788468991_603603991_4382825_5438835_n.jpg

It was brought to my attention on January 31 this year that this was the date in 2005 when Michael stood before a judge and plead 'not guilty' to unthinkable charges which were brought against him by a money hungry family and a greedy politician. I couldn't get the imagined picture of him standing in that courtroom proclaiming his innocence out of my mind. Other images of his famous walks to and from the courthouse in Santa Maria, California, during the 5 month trial that followed his official plea flooded my thoughts as well. And I couldn't help thinking about all the events leading up to that time as well as the events that followed the jury's verdict of "Not Guilty" 14 times on June 13, 2005. This date will stand out in history as the day Michael Jackson was declared innocent of child molestation; but the truth is, his life would never be the same after that. And we continued to hear slanderous remarks and innuendoes regurgitated by the media and the public from those who just couldn't seem to believe in his innocence. It's an unfortunate and an unjustified misconception we are still dealing with today.

This is not the first time I have thought of these things, nor is it the first time I have cried many tears over the injustice of this insane situation and how it crushed Michael's soul! But this is the first time I found the words to express all that was occupying my heart and mind when these images - these memories - came flooding back all at once.

This remarkable spiritual journey I've been on with Michael since June 25, 2009, has led me through some extreme highs and lows along the way, learning new things at every turn about this innocent and generous man we all love so very much. I just keep loving him more and more as time goes on and I want him to know how much of a difference he has made in my life. I want him to know that everything he gave us...all he sacrificed...all he endured was somehow not in vain. The impact he has made on my life and the lives of so many around the world is a powerful testimony to the effectiveness of his life's work and the mission he was here to accomplish! I bow before him in humble gratitude for the precious gifts he shared with us at such a high cost! And I thank God every day for the gift of Michael in this world!

His message was love, pure and simple... we got it!... And we're not letting it go!

michael-jackson-christian1.jpg

Innocent!

An innocent man went to trial today
Accused of things he couldn't even say
Seventy officers invaded his home
Ransacked and pillaged through everything he owned

The paradise he'd created
Lost its soul that day
And Neverland lost its Peter Pan
Because they couldn't accept
He was an innocent man

Handcuffed, paraded before all of humanity
Viscious tongues lashed out in glee, "He's Guilty!"
The lynching began before the trial even started
This innocent man was hate's favorite target
Thirsty for his blood, they couldn't wait
For him to meet his presumed fate

Humble and proud, he stood before the judge
"I'm not guilty, your honor
And I want you to know I won't hold a grudge
I forgive them, you see
For they know not what they do
I'll face the jury
Then the world will know the truth"

His innocent nature was not an act
Some found it hard to believe
'Cause the truth is, as a matter of fact
On stage he was a 'beast'
A sensitive man to the very core
An artist, a genius, a master of his craft
We'd never seen anything... or anyone
Quite like him before

63638_120216164712914_100001735946385_122010_1934251_n.jpg

His love of children
Was the whole of his existence
Without them, you see, he wouldn't want to be
The children of the world were his reason for living
They knew his true soul
His innocence they could see

A healer of the sick
And a lover of all things pure
He believed in magic, this innocent man
And he only wanted to share it
With everyone throughout the land
Bringing joy and escapism
To this hurting world
He gave us all he had to give
His love, energy and light
Put our spirits in a whirl
Growing wings to fly
Like Peter Pan
Above the clouds so high

A child at heart
God's innocent delight
He inspired us all to be child-like
To love as a child loves
And to remember their plight

But the media vultures
And their pandering public
Didn't understand
The purity of his soul
They really believed
He was capable of hurting
The very thing
That made him feel whole

They judged and ridiculed
Laughed and pointed
Chewed him up and spit him out
They were ugly and mean
Just didn't understand
What this innocent man
Was really all about

The trial was a farce
Should never have been
And ultimately
They couldn't convict
This innocent man

But they took his soul
In two thousand and five
And even though
He came back to show us
He was ever alive
This innocent man
Would leave us again
When the doctor contrived
To let him die
In the year two thousand and nine

Although his body is gone from this earth
His spirit lives on
A new day, a new birth!
His love penetrates
The hearts of those who believe
'Cause he planted the seed
In you and in me

The gifts God gave him for us to see
How to live and love and just how to be
Have inspired us to be the very best that we can be
He gave us insight to heal this planet
So, we're workin' day and night to put some love back in it

'Cause this innocent man
Gave his all to humanity
To heal the world
For the children, you see
The very thing
He was accused of hurting

So, no matter what they say
No matter what they do
They can't take away his innocence
We'll see to it they never forget
If it's the last thing we ever do!

01/31/11
Copyright © 2011 by Charlene Burgess

74516_452661563122_678088122_5714147_106514_n.jpg

166096_135586143168741_100001520685990_206122_3442542_n.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZrYG8-XC7iE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://mjreflecdtionsheart2heart.bl...showComment=1296938274430#c428549607828222634

Innocent!
by Charlene Burgess

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece of writing. It is indeed so very true.
Just lately when other fans have said how angry they feel at the injustice Michael suffered, I have felt a strange inner strength that I dont normally feel, one where I feel able to know in my heart that Michael wanted so much for us to live in harmony with eachother. He dared to believe in world peace, God rest his beautiful beautiful sweet tender strong soul.
:wub::wub::wub:

Two Birds Sutra

iStock_000014069957XSmall-300x288.jpg

“It’s hard to tell them what I feel for you. They haven’t ever met you, and no one has your picture. So how can they ever understand your mystery? Let’s give them a clue:

Two birds sit in a tree. One eats cherries, while the other looks on. Two birds fly through the air. One’s song drops like crystal from the sky while the other keeps silent. Two birds wheel in the sun. One catches the light on its silver feathers, while the other spreads wings of invisibility.

It’s easy to guess which bird I am, but they’ll never find you. Unless…

Unless they already know a love that never interferes, that watches from beyond, that breathes free in the invisible air. Sweet bird, my soul, your silence is so precious. How long will it be before the world hears your song in mine?

Oh, that is a day I hunger for!”

~ Michael Jackson, Dancing the Dream

In light of Michael’s musings, I find it inspiring to reflect upon two particular sutras found in the Upanishads. The Upanishads is a compilation of philosophical stories which serve to elucidate the spiritual meanings of ancient Vedic scripture. A sutra is loosely defined as a type of literary composition in Buddhism and Hinduism.

Below are two famous sutras from the Upanishads:

There are two birds sitting on the tree of the body. One of them is trying to eat the fruits of the tree, and the other is just watching. The first bird is suffering, but when he turns his attention to the other bird, he will be freed from this unhappiness.
[Mundaka Upanishad 3.1]

The individual soul and the Supreme Soul are like two friendly birds sitting on the same tree. One of the birds is eating the fruit of the tree and the other bird is not trying to eat these fruits, but is simply watching His friend. Although the two birds are on the same tree, the eating bird is fully engrossed with anxiety as the enjoyer of the fruits of the tree. But if in some way or other he turns his attention to his friend who is the Lord and knows His glories, at once the suffering bird becomes free from all anxieties.
[Svetasvatara Upanishad 4.6-7]

Michael Jackson was a lover of knowledge and a seeker of Truth. He sincerely sought to live rightly, and to live LOVE.

I like to call Two Birds “a Michael sutra.” Two Birds elucidates the spiritual longing of the soul.

“Sweet bird, my soul, your silence is so precious. How long will it be before the world hears your song in mine?”

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LKstfm4spCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://michaeljacksonrememberedwithlove.com/

Here is a very important site to celebrate Michael and keep his legacy alive.

Fans and collectors can add their own items and learn which items are really worth or nothing, because they're fake.

www.mjjcollectors.com

Michael Jackson was Inspired by Michelangelo's Art

Have you ever felt like being in a flow ? Forgetting your surroundings, forgetting time, forgetting to eat, but doing something you love and that fulfils you. If you know this sensation, consider yourself lucky and cherish your God-given talents for the world to enjoy. Through art and music we can almost grasp the reason for being here, for understanding life, love and everything in between that needs to be dealt with.

Viewing Michelangelo's art and reading his quotes, I suddenly understood how Michael was inspired by Michelangelo. Rather than giving my perceptive, let the art and the quotes speak to you, so you will see it too, and be touched by it, like I was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sistine-ceiling-michelangelo.jpg

The ceiling of the Sistine chapel.

Michelangelo_4.jpg

michelangelo.jpg

michelangelo-1.jpg

David

Quotes by Michelangelo

“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.”

“In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.”

“If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all.”

“Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come.”

“The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection.”

“My soul can find no staircase to heaven unless it be through earth's loveliness”

166316_185042114851906_100000383557027_478965_7665072_n.jpg

"..I know the creator will go. But his work survives. That is why to escape death I attempt to bind my soul to my work..."

164135_179950035361114_100000383557027_451535_403925_n.jpg

“...I am a great admirer of Michelangelo and of how he poured his soul into his work. He knew in his heart that one day he would die, but that his work would live on. You can tell he painted the ceiling of Sistine Chapel with all his soul. At one point the even destroyed it and did it over again because he wanted it to be perfect. He said “If the wine is sour, pour it out. “
I can look at the painting and loose myself. It pulls you in, all the Pathos and drama. It communicates with you. You can sense what the artist. I feel the same way about photography. A poignant and strong photograph can speak volumes...“

154627_170408769648574_100000383557027_387594_6626640_n.jpg

"I really believe that God chooses people to do certain things, the way Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci or Mozart or Muhammed Ali or Martin Luther King is chosen...I haven't scratched the surface yet of what my real purpose is for being here. I am committed to my art. I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal that union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine."

"That's what I'm here for really. It's like Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci. Today we can still see their work and be inspired by it. I'd just like to keep going and inspire people and try new things."

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DLLc-0pRGZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sources:

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=message...6&set=a.148569471832504.21502.100000383557027

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/michelangelo/3.html

http://books.google.nl/books?id=DEs...esnum=7&ved=0CFEQ6AEwBjgK#v=onepage&q&f=false

Michael Jackson Will Forever Live On!
By Saswat Pattanayak

michael_jackson.jpeg

They finally killed Michael Jackson.

The music industry giants of America with their racist press collaborators took away the life of the greatest entertainer, the world has witnessed in recording history.

Michael Jackson was on a slow death since several years now. Most notably ever since he raised his voice against Sony Corporation and the exploitative music industries. Ever since he, more than anyone else as influentially, highlighted the plights of black artists as victims of racism: “The record companies really, really do conspire against the artists. They steal, they cheat, they do whatever they can. Especially against the black artists.” Unable to accept how Sony’s chairman Tommy Mottola referred to one African-American artist as a “fat black nigger”, Jackson condemned him as “mean, a racist, very, very, very devilish” person. Michael Jackson had taken a stand against racism within music industry in a manner no musician had dared to take before. Nor after.

But that was not all.
Michael Jackson had also emerged as the most widely recognized human being in the world.

Unlike anyone else in human history - way more than any icon of the western world, more than any president of modern times or emperor of the ancient age - it was Michael Jackson who was recognized and respected by people all across the globe. The most “popular” American was increasingly transcending the limits of fame set by the power structure. He was rising taller than the Washington Monument in nation’s capital, and World Trade Center in New York City. Micheal Jackson was a bigger ambassador of American love than Kennedy or Lincoln ever were. He was a bigger American poet than Walt Whitman was. A greater performer than Frank Sinatra. A better dancer than Fred Astaire. A grander legend during his lifetime than Elvis was following his death.

And yet, as his good friend Elizabeth Taylor often remarked, inside America, Michael Jackson was “treated as dirt”. Why would he be not? He had surpassed every limits ever set forth: by America for the black peoples.

Michael Jackson was the black man who steadfastly refused to walk the ropes, to plead with the press, to sell his musical soul to the corporate copyrighters. He was the black man who took over the Elvis and the Beatles and shattered every myth revolving cultural purities. He was the black man who challenged the white hegemony over recording business and historiography. The musical pundits had to be forced to rewrite the list of greatest entertainers. Through “Thriller”, he won the world and then a record number of records. From the greatest music video the world had ever witnessed, to the Moonwalking steps the world had never known so gracefully existed, to the songwriting of “Man in the Mirror” that no one knew millions would cry to - Michael Jackson redefined everything that the world of music had hitherto known and did not.

They could not categorize him. In fact, he would not allow that to happen. His creations were not merely rock or pop, soul or blues, dance or music. But they were all soul-lifting. They were breathtaking. Mesmerizing. His “Beat It” red jacket was as much revolutionary as his “Heal the World” pleas to make the children smile. Everything he did, he did with a sense of dedication that shook the foundation of the common knowledge. And this violated the principles of status quo in the western world that could “allow” him to exist, but not “emulate” him now that he had vanquished the protected heritage masters to oblivion.

Thus, Michael Jackson, the de facto cultural ambassador of the United States of America emerged more popular worldwide than he was back home. He made friends with the Islamic nations that America despised. He was crowned by the African tribes that America ignored. He befriended more people and gave rise to more dreamers than America as a nation did. The more America became isolated in the map of the world, the more acceptable became Michael Jackson to the world. Michael Jackson became the internationalist - the singer more powerful than the recording industries, the man more acceptable than the press reports, the heart more profound than all the charities. Little surprising that as Jackson went on winning hearts of the world majority, the elite press minority of America unleashed their fury back home.

How do you stifle a legend while he is alive? Especially, if the person is the greatest philanthropist - more consistent than Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates put together. Charity in the modern age began with Michael Jackson. Whereas every billionaire would squander away token money in order to evade taxes and earn immortality, Jackson would give away the entire proceeds of his shows to cause of black children in America and for the dispossessed in Africa - without a mention in the press. If charity meant not blowing the trumpets on celebrity TV shows, if charity meant giving without expecting, perhaps charity in its grandest term has ended as well with Michael Jackson.

It is not the legend and the myths of Michael Jackson that made him. It is in fact, the plain human being which he was that was exemplary. He loved children and he made no qualms about it. He did everything in spirit to address the needs of children. Heal the World Foundation is the single largest voluntary organization sponsoring the cause of the oppressed children worldwide. Greater than any country on this earth, greater than the United Nations’ duplicitous endeavors and certainly greater than the neoliberal rhetoric by the free market champions - are the contributions of Michael Jackson to making the world a better place - “for you and for me and the entire human race”.

How do you stifle such a man when he is alive? A man who defied the media conventions of masculinity. A man who refused to carry out the gender roles of prescribed American macho cowboy image. A man who played into no racial stereotypes. No black exploitation of his racial image. A refusal to be an essentialist. How does one stifle a man who defies national boundaries? Not a national hero, Michael Jackson would be. The singer poet of the “Earth Song” was a global crusader against neocolonial expansions, who amplified the cause sung in his crying voice:

“What have we done to the world
Look what we've done
What about all the peace
That you pledge your only son...
What about flowering fields

Is there a time
What about all the dreams
That you said was yours and mine...
Did you ever stop to notice
All the children dead from war
Did you ever stop to notice
The crying Earth the weeping shores”

How do you stifle this environmentalist? The pacifist? Or the humanist, as exemplified by the immortal poetry of his in “Man in the Mirror”:

“I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish
Kind Of Love
It's Time That I Realize
That There Are Some With No
Home, Not A Nickel To Loan
Could It Be Really Me,
Pretending That They're Not
Alone?”

How do you stifle the political activist? The supporter of Roosevelt’s socialist policies? The fighter for social justice? In “They don’t really care about us”?

“Tell me what has become of my life
I have a wife and two children who love me
I am the victim of police brutality, now
I'm tired of being the victim of hate
You're raping me of my pride
Oh, for God's sake
I look to heaven to fulfill its prophecy...
Set me free

Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?
Your proclamation promised me free liberty, now
I'm tired of being the victim of shame

They're throwing me in a class with a bad name
I can't believe this is the land from which I came
You know I do really hate to say it
The government don't wanna see
But if Roosevelt was living
He wouldn't let this be, no, no”

They would do to Michael Jackson what they did to Paul Robeson. When Robeson had become more popular and rewarded abroad as an internationalist fighting for social justice, he was condemned back home in America. His passport was snatched away so he would not be able to perform. The only platform for an artist is an ability to express. Robeson’s expressions were taken out of contexts and the press vigorously mounted an ugly war against him, portrayed him as an enemy of freedom and democracy - the very ideals that Robeson held closest to his heart.

That is how the system kills an artist. The very core of their philosophies is scandalized. In instances of Michael Jackson, his philosophy of life did not revolve around political economy. He had no aspirations to mobilize the masses for revolutions. He was not a fighter against market capitalism. But he had a potent weapon in his hands nevertheless, to transform the world after his vision. Children. For him, children were the past, present and the future. If the world was in a mess it was because of the grown-up militarists. The children were left out of the agendas set by the men. Children were neglected world over. Their rights trampled, their dreams refused to take shape, their imaginations murdered everyday.

Children, Michael Jackson theorized, needed the love and the attention. They were the center of the universe. It was the children for whom Michael Jackson acted in movies, made the music videos, wrote innumerable songs, danced to be imitated, and built the most beloved amusement park in the world. It was not merely about Michael Jackson’s lost childhood. It was about the childhoods that were yet to shape up. It was for the future that Jackson wrote in “Heal the World”:

“We could fly so high
Let our spirits never die
In my heart I feel
You are all my brothers
Create a world with no fear

Together we'll cry happy tears
See the nations turn
Their swords into plowshares
We could really get there
If you cared enough for the living
Make a little space to make a better place.”

And it was the children they did abuse to get back at Michael Jackson. Trial after trial after trial. Months after months, Michael Jackson defended himself. The mainstream press which he refused to cooperate with, ridiculed him through cartoons and staged demonstrations and judicial overtures. King of Scandals, they called him. Even today, as he is no more, the press headlines Michael Jackson thus.

The scandals never really left him alone. Neither did the millions of loyal fans who despised the media as much as they loved Michael. I grew up learning about Jackson through the sensational press and just like any other admirer of his, I learnt soon to disregard the press reports as fabrications and targeted accusations. It was a constant refusal to believe in the press reports over what they projected democracy and liberty as just as they projected what a monster Michael Jackson was. Like millions of his devoted fans, I have deliberately and proudly refused to go beyond what the man stood for. I have every reason to believe Michael Jackson over the mainstream press reports. Every reason to trust Michael Jackson over the racist judicial system. Every reason to celebrate Michael Jackson over the monopolist music industry whims.

Jackson did not speak much to the press. Like Bob Dylan, he too did not trust them. But unlike Dylan, Jackson did not permit himself to be isolated. Unlike everyone else, Michael Jackson was a black artist owning the license to his own music, producing his own albums, refusing the media an entry into his life, controlling his gender roles, his paternal duties, his marital status, his appearances, his sexualities, his imaginations and their cumulative expressions. Michael Jackson was the artist, everyone of us aspired to be like.

It was necessary that they had to let him die just when he was enthused over his return to the stage this summer. They could not have allowed the return of the legend in the age of the complacent. They could not have left him in peace any place in the world. The mendacious reports and mawkish bullshit manufactured by the press can continue no longer, now that Michael Jackson is no more.

What will remain now on are his immortal songs, his inspiring messages to save the trees and prevent the wars. And most of all, his immense love for the world’s children. A deeply personal love, only he could fathom in “Childhood”:

“People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things...
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood
I've never known...

Have you seen my Childhood?
I'm searching for that wonder in my youth
Like pirates in adventurous dreams,
Of conquest and kings on the throne...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me,
Look within your heart then ask,
Have you seen my Childhood?”

I shall miss you, my beloved childhood hero. In many ways, its good that you are no more amidst us. Because rest assured, before you are judged again, you shall be only loved now on.

Friday, June 26, 2009

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yEq1GoxZZBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://www.saswat.com/blog/michael_jackson.html

Cleveland School Shootings and Michael Jackson

STOCKTON.jpg

Michael visiting the the Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton in 1989

22 years ago on today's date, January 17, a deranged man opened fire on Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, California, killing 5 children. Patrick Purdy, the lone gunman, pulled his station wagon into the back of the school, lit his car on fire, put earplugs in his ears, and sprayed at least 106 bullets into a schoolyard full of mostly kindergarten to third graders. The assault lasted 4 minutes, and when it was over, one teacher and 29 children were wounded, and 5 children were dead. Purdy then shot himself in the head with a pistol.

I have a family member who lived in Stockton at the time of the shootings. When asked, she said that there is no way to accurately describe the atmosphere in Stockon on that day. Every single elementary, middle and high school in the Stockton area was locked down for hours. Every single student who attended Stockton Unified School District was ordered to get under their desk, and stay there for over an hour. Parents were understandably terrified; most parents wanted to pull their children out of school. Yet, SUSD would not allow it for fear of any other type of shootings that might occur at another school site.

In the days after the shooting, kids were afraid to go to school. Likewise, parents were afraid to send their children to school. While Patrick Purdy was pegged as a loner with no affiliation to any group in particular, the fear in the air was still palpable. And although the Cleveland School shootings made the national news, Stockton saw no help from any entertainer who might provide relief. That is, until Michael Jackson came to Stockton.

A few weeks after the shootings, Diane Batres, head the of Victim Witness program in Stockton, received a phone call from MJJ Productions. At the time Batres did not associate MJJ Productions with Michael Jackson. After learning that Michael Jackson was interested in visiting the school and the surviving children, Batres and Jackson set up a day when Michael could visit the school.

"It was very kind of him to do this. He brought truckloads of gifts and held children in his arms. He was genuinely concerned and expressed his sorrow." Michael also distributed videotapes of his latest recordings to the children and staff at the school. One of the songs distributed was Man in the Mirror.

"One of the mothers called after the experience and said, 'I am so glad I saw that' because she realized for the first time that there were yellow tears, white tears, brown tears and black tears. Every tear was the same color. They all felt the same sadness."

The above picture was taken in Stockton while visiting Cleveland Elementary School. This is the Michael Jackson we all know and love. Like Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson had a dream, too.

1989-a.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson was there for us when it mattered most. He didn't have to, but that was the side of him that many people did not know.

On a day when the City of Stockton was down for the count, Michael Jackson showed up out of the blue and resuscitated us back into existence. We could
not do the same for him.

After a madman with a rifle killed and injured dozens of schoolchildren at Cleveland Elementary in Stockton, California, nobody would expect the world's biggest musical superstar to take notice and make the effort to show up in person in January of 1989.

Patrick Purdy may have destroyed many lives that day, but Michael Jackson's presence helped bring more attention and compassion to the victims than anybody else on planet Earth could have done in a hundred years.

I certainly remember the panic in the air around Stockton, the calamity and desperation of parents stopping everything they were doing and racing to get their kids out of school immediately. I clearly recall hoping desperately that the police got there fast and ended it in a hurry.

The incident in Stockton led to a quick assault rifle ban in California and was the beginning of national campaigns and activism against these types of deadly guns, according to an analysis by Reuters. Michael Jackson played a major role by his presence there that day.

Michael Jackson's Support

Michael Jackson, coolest pop singer on the planet, showed up in Stockton with "truckloads of gifts to the children" and helped comfort survivors of the attack, according to Diane Batres who worked for the district attorney's victim witness department.

The Record newspaper of Stockton has reported that Michael Jackson went far beyond the call of duty when he visited the classrooms of Cleveland Elementary School and met with the injured survivors of the shooting.

This is true. The residents of Stockton suffered a huge psychological blow that cannot be described, one where one minute all is normal and the next minute a crazed maniac with an assault rifle is shooting and killing
innocent children at an elementary school. The rage, madness and intensity of this cannot be compared.

The Future

It has been a little more than twenty years since the Cleveland Elementary School shooting in Stockton, but I get chills every time I think about it because I lived in Stockton at the time, was a high school student then, and it easily could have been my school that Purdy attacked.

Michael Jackson was exceptionally different and he had more than his share of troubles. But I don't remember any of that stuff.

My most powerful and long-lasting memory of Michael Jackson was after that school shooting in my hometown when he showed up and brought doses of mesmerizing happiness and cool comfort that nobody else in the world could bring.

At the height of his fame, he reached out to a community that needed help in the worst way. The king of pop is dead. Long live the king. Long live the king. Again I say, long live the king.

Sources:

http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.com/2011/01/cleveland-school-shootings-and-michael.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...jackson_showed_support_in_1989_pg2.html?cat=2

Victoria Falls

In 1998 Michael visited Zimbabwe. The article itself is much longer but since I wanted to focus on the Victoria Falls I used only a portion of the article. There's a cute discussion mentioned about the features of a BMW 750 and why he didn't own one yet. Not sure if this is true though. If you want to read the entire article you can click on the second source link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Victoria Falls or Mosi-o-Tunya (the Smoke that Thunders) is a waterfall located in southern Africa on the Zambezi River between the countries of Zambia and Zimbabwe. The falls are some of the largest in the world.
The Victoria Falls are some of the most famous, considered by some to be among the Seven Natural Wonders of the World

victoria_falls_zambeziwrainbowbyzestpk.jpg

Victoria-Falls-2.jpg

From South Africa he flew into Victoria Falls and then I picked him at Harare International Airport to Meikles Hotel, where he was to stay. My first impression of him was he was someone who needed companionship, someone who was yearning for friendship. He was open to exploring new avenues and badly needed ideas on how to handle his business ideas.

I also discovered that besides being a talented musician, he had a lot of business ideas, he was full of life when it came to discussing ventures, investment vehicles and opportunities. But because of the PHD (Pull Him Down) syndrome within us Zimbabweans, we never got to know how much value he would give to our country.

What he told me, though, was that he had fallen in love with Victoria Falls, that he had loved every bit of it. "I think it was created by God even before a human being, it’s so majestic," he remarked.

080829_mj2.jpg

Michale_jackson_loved_Namibia.jpg

This picture was taken in Namibia, not Zimbabwe or Zambia, in all honesty

1998-600x400.jpg

Bad-Tour-Red-michael-jackson-819-1.jpg

It became clear to me after working with Michael the first time, on his Dangerous tour, that every time I said yes to one of his adventures, at the journey's end I always ended up someplace I had never been before. From the ground up, he always enjoyed the process of creating with me, and made me feel that.

I remember getting a telephone call at three or four in the morning when we were preparing the This Is It concerts. ''It's Michael, are you awake?'' ''Yeah, I'm awake.'' ''No, you're not!'' ''Michael, I'm awake, really. What do you need?'' ''Victoria Falls.'' That's all he said. Michael spoke in haiku. He would just throw things at you like that. He wanted [footage of] Victoria Falls to be gushing over the band behind him on stage, as a reminder to the audience of the majesty and wonderment and brilliance of the world. I remember the next day saying to him, ''You know, it's in Africa. That's far!'' And he'd say, ''That's why we have to have it.'' He knew no limitations creatively, which was so much fun. Everything was possible.

I'm going to miss the phone calls inviting me on the next journey. I'm going to miss going over to the house and hanging out with him. There's a part of Michael that will always be there with me. My love for him, I know, will be forever. The hard part is going to be not having him in the room, laughing with him, smiling with him, searching him out, and wondering, ''What is that wild mind of yours going through right now?'' Most of all, I shall miss his unconditionally loving heart. He was a deep and profoundly soulful human being. —Kenny Ortega

Zimbabwe's Victoria Falls - Wild Africa - BBC

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PTu8kX99hXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Falls

http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/Opinion/2822.html

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20326356_20332178,00.html

AASA Humanitarian Awards (April 1, 2004)

At the AASA Gala in Washington D.C. (USA) on April 1, 2004, Michael Jackson was honored for his worldwide philantropic work, particularily in Africa. He accepted the award with the following statement:

To His Excellency Olhaye Oudine Roble and Mrs. Roble, Dean of the African Diplomatic Corps, thank you for your attendance and support. I would like to thank Mrs. Zhor Jazairy, wife of His Excellency Idriss Jaziary, of Algeria, President of the African Ambassadors’ Spouses Association, and Mrs. Haoua Diatta, Chairperson of the African Ambassadors’ Spouses Association’s Gala, and the wife of His Excellency Joseph Diatta of Niger. Also, thank you Ambassador and Mrs. Kassahun Aleye, our hosts for the evening, and their dedicated staff. Your Embassy is splendid. And, I would like to thank all of the wonderful spouses of the 51 African Nations, who comprise the African Ambassadors’ Spouses Association. I am deeply humbled and honored to be here tonight with you. The African Ambassadors’ Spouses Association was founded 26 years ago, with the mission to provide assistance to programs, benefiting underprivileged children in the 51 participating countries. They have done so much, and need all of our assistance in helping them to continue to make life better for the people in their Countries.

On June 4th, here in Washington, D.C. ... the Spouses Association will host their Gala, where the proceeds will go to provide aid to crippled children. I will be supporting them in their effort 100%, and encourage you all to do so.

Over the last several days, I have been meeting with members of Congress. Yesterday, several Ambassadors joined us in our discussion concerning how we can all work together to combat the AIDS epidemic, poverty and other major issues affecting our African family. It is very important to me to help to raise awareness, and funds, for our sister continent... Africa. The statistics are staggering; there are still 9,000 people dying a day of AIDS; there are still children who are overflowing the orphanages; there are so many who are starving and dying of diseases... diseases that we just take aspirin for. As I have said all week, many of life’s pleasures that we take advantage of: running water, electricity, paved roads, working toilets, beds and food, are mere dreams for many in Africa. This cannot continue.

We must use whatever resources we have, to work together to help combat all of these problems. Several members of Congress have pledged their support in our efforts: by continuing to raise the awareness of the American people; and, to continue their fight for proper funding for programs affecting Africa. This is a good thing and we must support them.

Again, thank you, African Ambassadors’ Spouses Association, for what you are doing, I am humbled and honored by this award. And, let me say, you have a friend in Michael Jackson."

washington_2004_4_400x300.jpg

aasa-gala-washington-dc(166)-m-41.jpg

haoua4.jpg

aasa-gala-washington-dc(166)-m-30.jpg

Michael Jackson honoured for his commitment to fighting AIDS in Africa 2004

Just look at Michael enjoying the performance. He simply cannot sit still and wanted to get up and dance himself. And when he speaks he speaks from the heart, genuinely and heartfelt and everyone in that room recognized that. Grateful to Michael for all that he did to help fight AIDS in Africa he is presented with a humanitarian award.
The beauty is that he felt compelled to help others, not because it would make him look good but as an act of compassion, making the world a better place, one step at a time.
And that is why I love this man so much and I'm so inspired by him.
What a beautiful, wonderful, magnificent, caring, compassionate extraordinary man! :heart:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UDd_HESQQwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...sa-humanitarian-awards-april-1-2004&Itemid=79

Happy Valentine's Day Michael!

I never really knew what love was.
I thought I'd fallen in love plenty of times, but that didn't work out so well.
I read about love, watched romantic movies, heard love songs, sometimes I even felt lovesick. But then there was you, emanating love, being LOVE.
That opened my eyes but even more so my heart.
Now I can feel with every fibre of my being what love really is. It was like finding the key to my heart, without knowing it was lost. It was like coming home.
Pure, unconditional love!!
Thank you Michael! I love you!
MJJLuagh

A quote from Michael on love:

“Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.”

MJ-Valentine-michael-jackson-10411328-400-481.jpg

z2.gif

This poem is written by Rabindranath Tagore, one of Michael's favorite poets:

Poems On Love

Love adorns itself;
it seeks to prove inward joy by outward beauty.

Love does not claim possession,
but gives freedom.

Love is an endless mystery,
for it has nothing else to explain it.

Love's gift cannot be given,
it waits to be accepted.

love-sky-red.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MLose1b3mas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/poems-on-love/

Miley Cyrus, ‘Michael Jackson Inspired Me A Lot

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:531893" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=id%3D1642144%26vid%3D531893%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A531893" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0px;padding:4px;width:500px;text-align:center;font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">MTV Shows</a></div>

Miley Cyrus Chat with MTV: ‘It’s just crazy again with the media and all that. Nobody ever wrote an article just to say, ‘Hey, Michael, we really appreciate what you do!’ I wish I would have had the opportunity [to tell him how I felt about him when he was alive]. Not enough people told him [how great he was] and I think it’s..

..sad that you have to wait till it’s too late. But I think he knows. I’m a huge fan of Michael Jackson. When I met Lady Gaga I was wearing a Michael Jackson T-shirt and, for me, that was completely surreal, because the female artist that inspired me and the male artist that inspired me is a lot of Lady Gaga and a..

..lot of Michael Jackson. And a little bit of a mix so that picture [in the MJ T-shirt meeting Gaga] means a lot to me. Again, I think God works in mysterious ways and had me wear that for a reason.’

mj-11591.jpg

michael_jackson_008_wenn531__oPt.jpg

Source:

http://teenstarsworld.com/2010/06/26/miley-cyrus-michael-jackson-inspired-lot/

To Kill a Mockingbird and Gregory Peck

harper_lee_300x481.jpg

The book "To Kill a Mocking bird" was written by Harper Lee. Later it was made into a movie with Gregory Peck playing Atticus Finch, the lawyer who defended Tom Robinson, a black man. For that role Gregory Peck won an Oscar for Best Male actor.
"To Kill a Mockingbird" was one of Michael's favorite movies, long before he had his own trial in court. Besides that, Gregory Peck and Michael were close friends for many years. Gregory Peck and his wife Veronique and their cute little dog, Blanket, were guests at Neverland many times, having a marvellous time!
Their friendship didn't just blossom in the bright, sunny days but was maintained in Michael's darkest hours by a letter of support from Gregory Peck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to-kill-a-mockingbird_org.jpg

Plot Summary of "To Kill a Mockingbird"

The story takes place during three years of the Great Depression in the fictional "tired old town" of Maycomb, Alabama. The narrator, six-year-old Scout Finch, lives with her older brother Jem and their widowed father Atticus, a middle-aged lawyer. Jem and Scout befriend a boy named Dill who visits Maycomb to stay with his aunt for the summer. The three children are terrified of, and fascinated by, their neighbor, the reclusive "Boo" Radley. The adults of Maycomb are hesitant to talk about Boo and, for many years, few have seen him. The children feed each other's imagination with rumors about his appearance and reasons for remaining hidden, and they fantasize about how to get him out of his house. Following two summers of friendship with Dill, Scout and Jem find that someone is leaving them small gifts in a tree outside the Radley place. Several times, the mysterious Boo makes gestures of affection to the children, but, to their disappointment, never appears in person.

Atticus is appointed by the court to defend Tom Robinson, a black man who has been accused of raping a young white woman, Mayella Ewell. Although many of Maycomb's citizens disapprove, Atticus agrees to defend Tom to the best of his ability. Other children taunt Jem and Scout for Atticus' actions, calling him a "nigger-lover". Scout is tempted to stand up for her father's honor by fighting, even though he has told her not to. For his part, Atticus faces a group of men intent on lynching Tom. This danger is averted when Scout, Jem, and Dill shame the mob into dispersing by forcing them to view the situation from Atticus' and Tom's points of view.

Because Atticus does not want them to be present at Tom Robinson's trial, Scout, Jem, and Dill watch in secret from the colored balcony. Atticus establishes that the accusers—Mayella and her father, Bob Ewell, the town drunk—are lying. It also becomes clear that the friendless Mayella was making sexual advances towards Tom and her father caught her in the act. Despite significant evidence of Tom's innocence, the jury convicts him. Jem's faith in justice is badly shaken, as is Atticus', when a hopeless Tom is shot and killed while trying to escape from prison.

Humiliated by the trial, Bob Ewell vows revenge. He spits in Atticus' face on the street, tries to break into the presiding judge's house, and menaces Tom Robinson's widow. Finally, he attacks the defenseless Jem and Scout as they walk home from the school Halloween pageant. Jem's arm is broken in the struggle, but amid the confusion, someone comes to the children's rescue. The mysterious man carries Jem home, where Scout realizes that he is the reclusive Boo Radley.

Maycomb's sheriff arrives and discovers that Bob Ewell has been killed in the struggle. The sheriff argues with Atticus about the prudence and ethics of holding Jem or Boo responsible. Atticus eventually accepts the sheriff's story that Ewell simply fell on his own knife. Boo asks Scout to walk him home, and after she says goodbye to him at his front door, he disappears again. While standing on the Radley porch, Scout imagines life from Boo's perspective and regrets that they never repaid him for the gifts he had given them.

170px-Mimus_polyglottus1_cropped.png

Lee used the mockingbird to symbolize innocence in the novel

Famous Speeches: To Kill a Mockingbird

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k8TgqenWW0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jackson Comforted by To Kill a Mockingbird Movie

kept his spirits up during his recent child molestation trial by watching movie classic TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

Jackson's movie making pal BRYAN MICHAEL STOLLER insisted the film would help to cheer his friend up, despite its dark subject matter and the fact the storyline aped his own real-life problems.

Stoller tells MTV NEWS, "It's his favourite movie. He has an actual 35-millimetre print of the movie.

"I said to him one day, 'You're living To Kill a Mockingbird right now - it was all about a black man who was on trial. And you're innocent. It was just really weird that was his favourite film even before these allegations happened."
02/08/2005 02:57

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On friend, (now late) actor Gregory Peck:

“There’s Gregory Peck and his wife Veronique. See Gregory dancing? That’s the child that comes out inside of grown men when they come to Neverland. He’s one of the nicest people in the world. I really love Gregory Peck and his wife. […] Gregory Peck is a dear, dear friend of ours.”

See from 4:16 - 5:28 for the Gregory Peck Part:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1iplZPIlBEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Letter of Support by Gregory Peck

Dear Michael,

You are recognized as a great artist all over the world, but very few know you as a father. We have been close friends and have known you over twenty-five years. We have spent many times together with you, Prince, Paris and Prince Michael, who all play happily with our grandchildren.

We and our children, who are of your generation, have always admired you as a loving and caring father. They love you and respect you. You raised them with gentleness and kindness and genuine concern for their well-being. Their joy and love are a reflection of your attention and love as a parent.

Those who criticize and judge you should do well to look into their own family life. We have seen you countless times as an attentive and devoted father, and we join your many friends who stand beside you and your family now.

With love,

Veronique and Greg

Mike-and-Gregory-Peck-michael-jackson-10748283-496-317.jpg

Not sure which year exactly, maybe around 1980 ?

238284-michael-jackson-et-gregory-peck-en-1999-637x0-2.jpg

Michael and Gregory Peck in 1999

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Kill_a_Mockingbird

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/jackson-comforted-by-to-kill-a-mockingbird-movie

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/ind...ate-home-videos-tv-special&catid=38:interview

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...port-by-gregory-peck-december-2002&Itemid=110

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece of writing. It is indeed so very true.
Just lately when other fans have said how angry they feel at the injustice Michael suffered, I have felt a strange inner strength that I dont normally feel, one where I feel able to know in my heart that Michael wanted so much for us to live in harmony with eachother. He dared to believe in world peace, God rest his beautiful beautiful sweet tender strong soul.
:wub::wub::wub:

Bless you for this, Billie_Jean09! I have had days recently when I've been so full of hurt and anger as many have but with the above, you have helped and brought some comfort to my heart and peace to my mind! Hugs, Sue

Thank you for this! Michaelangelo's art is absolutely stunning! Some years ago I went to Rome and around the Sistine Chapel and other buildings and found myself spiritually touched by them, particularly the Chapel. It does not surprise me at all that Michael loved and admired Michaelangelo's art and I loved that you gave us some quotes from both Michael and Michaelangelo and let us enjoy pictures of the artwork too.

I apologise if this has already been posted but this next video is one of my personal favorites. Not only is the song beautiful but also all the singers are contributing in a special effort for charity and such lovely memories of Michael.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgn-brJuXLE

Hope you enjoy.

MJJLaugh;3243238 said:
I remember getting a telephone call at three or four in the morning when we were preparing the This Is It concerts.''It's Michael, are you awake?'' ''Yeah, I'm awake.'' ''No, you're not!'' ''Michael, I'm awake, really. What do you need?'' ''Victoria Falls.'' That's all he said. Michael spoke in haiku. He would just throw things at you like that. ...

:hysterical::D

...The hard part is going to be not having him in the room, laughing with him, smiling with him, searching him out, and wondering, ''What is that wild mind of yours going through right now?'' Most of all, I shall miss his unconditionally loving heart. ...&#8212;Kenny Ortega
Gosh, *sniffsniffsniff*

Is there a light at the end of Michael’s tunnel ?

Light-end-tunnel-222x300.jpg

Many people remember Michael Jackson as a disconnected, reclusive and perverted character who was strung out on drugs. In truth, the people who knew him throughout his life, recognized him as possessing the opposite qualities.

We, humans, are neurologically wired for connection. Michael spent his entire life connecting. We see this in his music, in his on-stage and film performances, and in his compassionate humanitarian endeavors.

“The only people who don’t experience shame have no capacity for human empathy or compassion.” says Dr. Brené Brown at the University of Houston.

Michael repeatedly showed himself to be a master of human empathy, compassion and connectedness. As a child he was a willing, obedient and dedicated student in the performing arts; he was an avid and encouraging mentor to budding writers, dancers, musicians and painters; he was a fun-loving, Patch Adams type of humanitarian to countless underprivileged and ailing children; and Michael was an exceptionally empathetic and loving father to his own three children, and to numerous other children upon whom he bestowed fatherly attention.

RottenApples2-150x150.jpg

Michael Jackson was “a victim of a selfish kind of love.” He courageously faced a life filled with shame. From the insensitive abuses by his own father, to the money-mongering leaches who took advantage of, and preyed off his wealth, to the blatantly disrespectful media journalists who twisted his reputation with lies, as they chewed him up and spit him out, Michael continually faced shame. He struggled to find meaning in his shame. He valiantly wore shame on his collar. Much of Michael’s shame was thrown at him by hecklers and bullies who find sick satisfaction in throwing rotten apples at innocent targets.

Each of us secretly protects our feelings of shame by hiding them in the recesses of our personal tunnels. We often fail to recognize that we are not alone in them. Michael assured us that “You Are Not Alone.” Everybody feels shame to some degree or another.

Like the Man in the Mirror, who Michael introduced us to, let’s turn up the collar of our favorite winter coat, and honestly recognize our own shame and vulnerability with each other. Let’s realize that the shame in and around our dark, hidden, cavernous, secret tunnels not need blind us into bitter apathy, or physical and mental disease. Let us look, like Michael did, for the light at the end of our tunnel!

michael-jackson-best-verkopende-art.jpg

We, humans, were intended to spread love and good will. As Michael liked to say, “It’s all for love. L.O.V.E.” Michael Jackson’s legacy is rich. By merit of his loving, steadfast and forgiving attitude, with a child’s heart, he marvelously turned the rotten apples thrown at him into gifts of gold.

golden_apple3-150x150.jpg

MJ+2005+Trial+45.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5vz6iwV38U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5vz6iwV38U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Source:

http://michaeljacksonrememberedwithlove.com/2010/12/light-at-the-end-of-a-shame-filled-tunnel/

The Voices Education Project and Peacemakers

peace.jpg

Mission

Amplify the voices of veterans and civilian witnesses to war, in order to heal the wounds of war and lay the basis for a more peaceful world.

Why We Need You

Around the world, in neighborhoods and schoolyards, cities and countries, we can lay the basis for a more hopeful world by creating a new type of conversation in which all voices can be heard, and all points of view included, without engendering fear, hatred, or anger. Difference can lead to dialogue and growth rather than violence. By understanding the mechanism of conflict, we may be able to move beyond the seeming inevitability of war. The Education Project offers tools, philosophies, and learning methods that can help us transform the conditions under which conflict becomes intractable and violent.

Discovering solutions to conflict is a task that can galvanize young people especially. Through the Voices Education Project, we provide films, curricula, books, photo exhibits, web-based self-publishing and information resources, hands-on training for teachers – and a methodology of conflict resolution – that will help young people understand the roots of conflict, confront the pain and fear at the heart of conflict, and help to rebuild healthy human communities.

If you want to show your support click the "Like" button on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/voiceseducation1

peace69.jpg

peace.jpg

Transformation Peace
by Larry Jaffe

One morning he wakes—
realizes he has the gift
of peace

and grasps that it takes more courage
to look a soldier in the eye

place a flower in the barrel
of his rifle
than it does to shoot him.

heal+the+world.jpg

On February 11, 1998 news broke that Michael Jackson is nominated for the 1998 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE - Michael is among the record 130 nominees for 1998's Nobel Peace Prize, along with Pope John Paul II and US President Bill Clinton. Nominations for the Peace Prize can be made by members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, members of some national legislatures and governments, previous laureates and university professors of history, philosophy and political science, among others. The 1998 prize will be presented on December 10, the anniversary of the death of Alfred Nobel, the Swede who invented dynamite and endowed the prizes in his will. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo. Michael did not win the Nobel Peace Prize for 1998 but it is already a HUGE HONOR to be nominated!

untitled.png

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe."
~ Michael Jackson

"There's a Mother's Day and there's a Father's Day, but there's no Children's Day. It would mean a lot. World peace."
~ Michael Jackson

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FjxoauEpv4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sources:

http://www.voiceseducation.org/content/about-voices

http://poetry.about.com/library/weekly/aa030403h.htm

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/michael-jackson-quotes.html

The World Hates the true Disciples of Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og2xs0J1CVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]Og2xs0J1CVQ[/youtube]

John 15: 18-26 from the Bible

18&#8220;If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.</SPAN>

19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.</SPAN>

20Remember the words I spoke to you: &#8216;No servant is greater than his master.&#8217;<SUP>b</SUP> If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.</SPAN>

21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.

</SPAN>22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.</SPAN>

23He who hates me hates my Father as well.</SPAN>

24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.</SPAN>

25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law:
&#8216;They hated me without reason.&#8217;<SUP>c</SUP></SPAN>

26&#8220;When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.</SPAN>

</SPAN>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back