Michael Jackson's last home bought by Ed Hardy designer (Christian Audigier)

Re: Neverland Ranch bought by Ed Hardy designer??? (Christian Audiger)

Aren't property sales public information at some point? I truly don't know, that's why I'm asking. But if they are, this will be easy enough to prove if he has purchased Neverland.

Aren't property sales public information at some point? I truly don't know, that's why I'm asking. But if they are, this will be easy enough to prove if he has purchased Neverland.

Yes, but those papers are not filed until after the closing where the financial transaction actually takes place, which apparently won't take place for 2 weeks. (That's when Christian is supposed to get the keys)

IF true, I'm sure it will be all over the news then along with images of the public docs.

i read that he wants to buy the rented mansion where michael died and turn it into a museum. its sick how people are trying to make money of mj's name, there should be a law against people making money of mj, if anyone is gonna use mj's name then a large percentage of the profits should go to the jacksons trust fund

Keys to Jackson's home handed over in two weeks: Audigier

(AFP) – 1 day ago

PARIS — Christian Audigier, the self-made French fashion mogul close to Michael Jackson who plans to purchase his last home, on Thursday said he expects to have the keys to the Los Angeles mansion in two weeks time.

Audigier however said he had been unable to obtain authorisation to turn the vast house into a museum as hoped, so would instead open it every June on the anniversary of Jackson's death at 50, and organise exhibits and shows.

"I can have the house in one month now," Audigier, who said he is worth 250 million dollars, told AFP in an interview. "I get the keys two weeks from today."

The vast Holmby Hills neighborhood home, believed worth over 30 million dollars, currently belongs to Audigier's associate and the boss of his fashion company Hubert Guez.

Jackson had been "in great shape" in the weeks before his death, added the 51-year-old multi-millionaire.

"He was very skinny but he was a dancer too," he said. "He was very involved with the London concert. What happened was very sad.

"The guy was very happy to come back on stage."

Audigier, in Paris on the day of Jackson's funeral for the French launch of his Los Angeles-based celebrity clothing brands, expressed regrets over missing the burial.

"I miss him," he said. "God bless him."

Few in France would recognise Audigier, but in the United States the designer has become one of the country's hottest exports after his creations turned him into almost an overnight darling of Hollywood's biggest stars.

Madonna, Mariah Carey, Sylvester Stallone, Britney Spears, Puff Daddy and Kanye West are among fans of his flamboyant tattoo-inspired street-wear.

Copyright © 2009 AFP. All rights reserved. More »
Related articles

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iucp70JBPjsYZe4SRPsLiJR9IQzA

Danish newspapers are also stating this.

Is this official? Has any member of the jackson family confirmed this?

Re: Neverland Ranch bought by Ed Hardy designer??? (Christian Audigier)

It sure would be nice to be able to have all of Michael's things at Neverland for fans to be able to visit a few months out of the year. We could be bused in just like the children used to be...there was never any problem with that before for the other residents...

But, maybe now they will FINALLY get the museum built in Gary and put all of his things there. I just hope they do something like that somewhere, rather than just locking it all up in storage or small bits of it scattered here and there.

:scratch: Online reports about Neverland sale appear untrue :smilerolleyes:

Staff Report

Confusion over Michael Jackson’s properties incited online rumors that a popular fashion designer had purchased the pop star’s former Neverland Valley Ranch in Los Olivos, but that does not appear to be the case.

The online accounts refer to an Agence France Press (AFP) story in which Ed Hardy clothing line designer Christian Audigier announced his purchase of the Hollywood-area home that Jackson was renting when he died June 25.

It does not mention Jackson’s 2,800-acre private amusement park and home at 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road.

Santa Barbara County’s Clerk-Recorder-Assessor Joe Holland confirmed that no paperwork had been filed on the singer’s former Santa Ynez Valley home.

The famous singer sold his property, now known as Sycamore Valley Ranch, for approximately $35 million in November to a Delaware-based corporation, where he retained an interest in the property.

The infamous property north of Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County was transferred from Jackson to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC, which formed in mid-July, according to documents from the county assessor’s office.

Sycamore was a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital Inc., a Los Angeles-based company that purchased the entertainer’s $24.5 million mortgage on the property in May.

A notice of default from a San Francisco title company was served in November 2007 suggesting that Jackson’s ownership of the ranch could be at risk. And a foreclosure auction in May was canceled after Colony Capital LLC purchased the multi-million loan.

http://www.syvnews.com/articles/2009/09/04/news/breaking/breaking15.txt

http://www.lompocrecord.com/articles/2009/09/04/news/breaking/breaking15.txt

It is NOT TRUE! He is buying the Holmby Hills house where Michael died, NEVERLAND IS NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!

I saw him on french tv this week he said he buy the beverly hills one, and he has added he will open the house only one day a year the day of mj's death but this guy said mj died on june 28th
imo this guy use mj to promot himself

I didn't know Christian Audigier were that close to Michael that Christian would buy the Holmby Hills home (though he had wanted to purchase it before) and want to make it a museum for Michael. That's extremely nice, IMO. Iwonder if Christian went to the public memorial. I know that he put 2 huge banners in front of one of Michael's homes that said that he loved Michael.

So from what we know from articles, he's planning on making the mansion a headquarters for his business and then open it up around the anniversary of Michael's death for exhibitions and stuff?

IDK. . . as a fan, would any of you want to visit the house that Michael died in (under suspicious circumstances)?

It is NOT TRUE! He is buying the Holmby Hills house where Michael died, NEVERLAND IS NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!

Link?

So from what we know from articles, he's planning on making the mansion a headquarters for his business and then open it up around the anniversary of Michael's death for exhibitions and stuff?

IDK. . . as a fan, would any of you want to visit the house that Michael died in (under suspicious circumstances)?

:yes:

:no:

Michael Jackson Laid to Rest, But Not Neverland Rumors
Media reports say ranch has been sold but a different estate sale may be the source of confusion

By William M. Macfadyen, Noozhawk Publisher | updated logo | Published on 09.04.2009

* Print this page Print
* Comments (1)

On the day after pop star Michael Jackson was buried in Los Angeles, rumors were swirling about the fate of his Neverland Ranch in Los Olivos.

Media reports Friday said Ed Hardy clothing line designer Christian Audigier had purchased the 2,800-acre property at 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road. It later appeared that the rumors were the result of confusion over the Holmby Hills mansion Jackson was renting when he died June 25 of an apparent drug overdose. Audigier has announced his purchase of that estate, which is owned by Ed Hardy CEO Hubert Guez, and says he will move in at the end of Jackson’s lease on Dec. 15.

In a statement, Agence France-Presse said the Houston Chronicle “completely misrepresented” the AFP story.

“It is very clear in our dispatch that Audigier is buying the house Jackson died in in Los Angeles and not Neverland,” AFP spokesman Christophe Vogt told Bob Field, who leads Never!, a Santa Ynez Valley group opposed to Neverland being transformed into a Graceland-like tourist attraction. “I asked them (the Chronicle) to kill the posting on the Web because it’s going viral right now.”

Santa Barbara County officials said they had no information about a sale of the ranch, which is owned by real-estate investor Tom Barrack, founder of Colony Capital LLC.

Jackson was entombed Thursday night at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale.

http://www.noozhawk.com/local_news/...ackson_laid_to_rest_but_not_neverland_rumors/

read up a few posts

Oh, okay...I saw that report too. I thought there was some confirmation from Christian to end the rumor. But then, it's free publicity for him so...

Anyways, this is probably all we're gonna get to kill the rumor:

The Houston Chronicle has CHANGED the article that started this whole thing:

Michael Jackson's home bought by Ed Hardy designer

Michael Jackson's last home has been bought by French designer Christian Audiger - who plans to open the Los Angeles mansion up to the public on every anniversary of the King of Pop's death.

The fashion guru behind the Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier clothing lines was Jackson's landlord during the final months of his life - he co-owns the Holmby Hills, Los Angeles mansion where the Thriller hitmaker died on June 25.

In an interview with Agence France-Presse, he said, "I bought the Michael Jackson house. It's something I'm gonna open just for the birthday (sic) of his death every June, where the media is gonna be able to come in and we'll do exposes, etc."

Audigier has also reportedly splashed out $14.5 million on Nicolas Cage's Bel Air home in the past week.

Cage's mansion, which was once home to both Dean Martin and Tom Jones, has been on the market since 2007.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/6601417.html

END OF STORY

Last edited:
Back