For all dutchies!

charlotte2807

Proud Member
Hello everyone,

This is a message for all the Dutchies out here.

I didn't really know where to put this thread, so I hope I'll reach everyone from here.

I was inspired by a thread about the plan sending gifts to sick children in a hospital in London on christmas day, to help carry on Michael's legacy.

I felt I want to do something like that too.

But to ship over a present to the Uk, seemed a little too big for me so I thought I'd start small.
Start with the girl in the mirror, so you will! :)

I wanna call al Michael's fans in Holland to buy a present for a boy/girl (age baby to adolescent) and send it to me, so I can bring it to "Sophia's Kinderziekenhuis" in Rotterdam on Christmas eve.
If you wanna come with me, feel absolutely free!

I wanna do this in MJ's name, I wanna "give love on christmas day".

I do have a few questions, you can maybe help me out with:

1. It would be most easy if you all could send your presents to my adress, but do you guys think it's safe to give my adress to everyone who PM's me?!
2. What would be a good Dutch translation for "Michael Jacksons legacy"?

Thank you all and I hope we can realize this plan, so we can keep up MJ's good work and make those children happy, if only for a little while!

L.O.V.E

Charlotte

Hello everyone,

This is a message for all the Dutchies out here.

I didn't really know where to put this thread, so I hope I'll reach everyone from here.

I was inspired by a thread about the plan sending gifts to sick children in a hospital in London on christmas day, to help carry on Michael's legacy.

I felt I want to do something like that too.

But to ship over a present to the Uk, seemed a little too big for me so I thought I'd start small.
Start with the girl in the mirror, so you will! :)

I wanna call al Michael's fans in Holland to buy a present for a boy/girl (age baby to adolescent) and send it to me, so I can bring it to "Sophia's Kinderziekenhuis" in Rotterdam on Christmas eve.
If you wanna come with me, feel absolutely free!

I wanna do this in MJ's name, I wanna "give love on christmas day".

I do have a few questions, you can maybe help me out with:

1. It would be most easy if you all could send your presents to my adress, but do you guys think it's safe to give my adress to everyone who PM's me?!
2. What would be a good Dutch translation for "Michael Jacksons legacy"?

Thank you all and I hope we can realize this plan, so we can keep up MJ's good work and make those children happy, if only for a little while!

L.O.V.E

Charlotte
Hey Charlotte,

Good idea! I was trying to put the same thing together, but unfortunately the fans I asked to help me didn't show much interest.

It's a good idea but you might want to call the Sophia hospital. With the Q-koorts and Mexican flu going around I'm not sure if they'd want random people to just come in. If they say it's fine, then go for it! :)

Hey Charlotte,

Good idea! I was trying to put the same thing together, but unfortunately the fans I asked to help me didn't show much interest.

It's a good idea but you might want to call the Sophia hospital. With the Q-koorts and Mexican flu going around I'm not sure if they'd want random people to just come in. If they say it's fine, then go for it! :)

I didn't think about that one, thank you!
I'll wait a little while to see if people are interested and if so, I'll call the hospital to aks.

If they don't think it's a good idea to drop by, we could also let the gifts be delivered! :)

Hi there! I also live in Rotterdam and really like the idea of going to the sophia children hospital to give someone a gift. I hope more fans will read about this and decide to join...

Hi!
Unfotunately no news and no reactions what so ever.......:(
I don't think I can stick to this plan for this year, 'cause not a lot of people responded and I am going on a vacation this friday, came back from another one this monday and also had to work yesterday and gonna work 2morrow.
So basically the only free day I have is today.
BUT I still wanna do this for the kids, for Micheal.
So I am gonna plan this for next year.
If I start planning now it will be something big!!!
So I'll keep you all up to date and remember to give love on christmasday!

L.O.V.E

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,
It's a great idea! We could do this in the new year! :clapping:
Is it possible to investigate how many children are in the Sophia's Childrens Hospital?
I mean, I wouldn't want to see some of the kids without a present...
I will also post your thread in the Dutch Fans thread!
Have a great holiday!

I think it's a great idea, but maybe it's an idea to do this for children in smaller/other hospitals.
I have worked (stage lopen ) there, in Sophia Kinderziekenhuis, and they allready have so much for the kids. They're getting so many toys and stuff, they don't even know what to do with it.
Some other students, who worked on smaller (not acedemic) hospitals said there was so little for the children. So maybe thats an idea?

I'm sorry Charlotte I didn't see this thread until Hocus pointed it out in the Dutch Fans thread.
It's a really great idea I was thinking about it too not so long ago but I thought it wouldn't work.
If we have a longer period it could work of course!
And I'd love to come with you :D

ok sounds great, thank you all!
And Smnth, I guess it makes sense what you're saying.
I just thought of the sophia becDause it was shortplanning and that hospital is near by me, but now we have more time to plan this, so we can visit any hospital we want! :)
Again, I'll keep you up to date!
Where can I find this Dutch fans-section?!
And how were your holidays?

LOVE

Back