The Car Drivers Thread

thrillerchild

Proud Member
No matter what country you're from, no matter what car you drive. Lets all talk about what we like and hate about cars :p

Anyway...I drive a silver Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 :) It's covered in Manchester United stickers ;) It recently cost me nearly £440 to have an MOT & Service. I hate the bastard for making me skint but also love it cos I get to listen to MJ really loudly :D :punk:

I drive a Lexus GS. Fabulous car but to get maintenance on it is expensive. I just had a couple things done recently and it cost over $3,000. blahhhhh :mello: But I guess that goes with having the car. Oh well, I worked really hard and sacrificed alot to buy it and it's paid off so now I'm thinking of getting an SUV for long road trips, my dog just loves riding in them. :)

I have a Ford Fiesta. Had its MOT done last month and set me back £300. Yesterday I had to take it back in as it keeps chugging on start up. Turns out the spark plugs have completely jammed, the HT leads need replacing, and some other bits done to it. Basically its going to cost another £200. Shopping around for a cheaper price as I don't need it to Monday.

I don't have a car, but I can have the car from my father. I drive more in it nowadays than him :p
It's a Toyota Starlet and it's a really small race monster :lol:
It drives insanely great and can't get enough of it. It doesn't come with leather seats and no airconditioning, but I can always get the car window down to a certain level, so I can enjoy fresh air:D

I have a Citroen C2 :) It's nice and black and I'm really pleased with it. It needs a service next week though as there are some things going wrong on it, the exhaust is rattling, my washer bottle has broken and my automatic lock system is also not working properly lol!

i drive a toyota yaris TR nearly 2 years old now had it since it was new. last car was a yaris aswell. first car was a little fiat cinquecento

cost me nearly £440 to have an MOT & Service.
ouch thats alot did it need stuff doing to it. i got a deal with toyota. 2 services, one full one intermediate for £90 each intrest free monthly direct debit aswell

Great thread, I Love my car. Its a 2001 Audi S8 4.2 V8 quattro with the following factory extras:

Special order colour
360 BHP V8 engine with quattro ( four wheel drive, great in the recent snow )
Xenon Headlights
Bose sound system (Lots of MJ played on this)
TV
Electric Blinds and side blinds
Alcantra roof
Heated Leather Seats
Electric Seats
Memory Seats
Rear Camera
Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
20'' Audi genuine S8 alloys
Electric heated headlight washers
Brembo Brakes
6 CD Changer
Cruise Control
Electric Sunroof
Dual zone climate control
Full colour DIS (trip computer)
Front and rear parking sensors
Tracker ( So police will know where it is when nicked )
AV Input to connect I phone, can watch Youtube vids and have Moonwalker, Rush hour etc... for passengers to watch in the car

I'm sure i've missed some specs, but that's all I can think of the top of my head. Its expensive to run though, £100 to fill it up which lasts roughly 250 miles. One new decent tyre costs around £400! Still wouldn't change it for anything else, it's been my dream car from age 7. :D

Some pics

At the petrol station, its natural home (15 mpg average)

14650_325408295018_727680018_988841.jpg

Showing the alcantra roof

AlcantraRoofLining.jpg

1255830380_resized.jpg

1255830516_resized.jpg

Last but not least, my car with an MJ billboard!

photo.jpg

I have a Ford Fiesta. Had its MOT done last month and set me back £300. Yesterday I had to take it back in as it keeps chugging on start up. Turns out the spark plugs have completely jammed, the HT leads need replacing, and some other bits done to it. Basically its going to cost another £200. Shopping around for a cheaper price as I don't need it to Monday.

My first car was a Ford Fiesta!!!

I now have a Ford Puma. I love it, but its getting old and has its own little quirks now!
I keep thinking i
I'm gonna change, but I love it so much!!!
I love to drive, it relaxes me, and I can just loose myself in loud music and sing my heart out xxx

Yeah it failed the first test and needed a few bits done. Pain in the arse but I'm through it all now ;) Was that picture taken from the TII meet? I remember it being that foggy when I left :p

the petrol station, its natural home (15 mpg average)
ouch

below was my first yaris

yaris02march7th08003.jpg

piccy of second one the day i bought it. driving new cars home for the first time is nervy lol

yaris11thmarch08001.jpg

yaris11thmarch08001.jpg

yaris11thmarch08002.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread, I Love my car. Its a 2001 Audi S8 4.2 V8 quattro with the following factory extras:

Special order colour
360 BHP V8 engine with quattro ( four wheel drive, great in the recent snow )
Xenon Headlights
Bose sound system (Lots of MJ played on this)
TV
Electric Blinds and side blinds
Alcantra roof
Heated Leather Seats
Electric Seats
Memory Seats
Rear Camera
Electric Folding Wing Mirrors
20'' Audi genuine S8 alloys
Electric heated headlight washers
Brembo Brakes
6 CD Changer
Cruise Control
Electric Sunroof
Dual zone climate control
Full colour DIS (trip computer)
Front and rear parking sensors
Tracker ( So police will know where it is when nicked )
AV Input to connect I phone, can watch Youtube vids and have Moonwalker, Rush hour etc... for passengers to watch in the car

I'm sure i've missed some specs, but that's all I can think of the top of my head. Its expensive to run though, £100 to fill it up which lasts roughly 250 miles. One new decent tyre costs around £400! Still wouldn't change it for anything else, it's been my dream car from age 7. :D

Wow someone dose love there car!! Shame its an auto tho, there no fun, anyone who has been in the car with me knows i like to have fun wile i drive :yes:

I havnt serviced mine for a year :doh: probally not washed it in as long so wont be posting up a pic! Driver you look like you know how to wash and wax a car fancy doing mine? :lol:

I loved my first car was a 306 diesel would go around the world and back on £5 of diesel, yep i would fill it up with £5 each time - I was young when i got it and £5 was alot and petrol was cheaper now i cant get to the end of the street on a fiver and i live on a tiny road!! The car was plagued with problems one after the other, I got it free from my cousin so didnt complain and drove it untill it died which took awile like 6 bumps, filling up with the wrong fuel twice (my mate did it not me) and then finally it had enough when I never checked the radiator for water and head gasket blewup! :) Gotta love cars lol

Last edited:
My first car was a Ford Fiesta!!!

I now have a Ford Puma. I love it, but its getting old and has its own little quirks now!
I keep thinking i
I'm gonna change, but I love it so much!!!
I love to drive, it relaxes me, and I can just loose myself in loud music and sing my heart out xxx

My first car was a blue fiesta and now I drive a puma too!! Its Red and i hate it :mad:

I drive my mum's Toytota Corolla :lol:

I got my lisence in November so.. I haven't driven so much yet, actually I seariously should drive more so that I don't forget everything :D But because I learned to drive with a diesel car, and now I have to drive a gas one, I'm a bit nervous everytime I have to stop because it fizzles out more easily and it's embarrassing if there's lots of cars :mellow:

My mate had a 306 Diesel and they are silly economical, now he has a 307 1.4 HDI and that does 70 MPG and costs £35 a year to tax, yeah the auto is the only downside to the car, Audi didn't sell a manual version in the UK. But its still a lot of fun, and you can change gear using the tiptronic and from the steering wheel buttons, I mean, it's still a 360 BHP V8 afterall and is lots of fun, plus its made of aluminium not the usual steel so lighter then you would think! Going for an RS 4 next as I really don't want another auto!

P.S RE.wash & wax I'm fairly good. In fact I go on a website called detailingworld its a forum for car cleaners, I haven't posted on there but them guys have it down to a science, I've spent £800 on polishes/waxes over the past two years!

Wow someone dose love there car!! Shame its an auto tho, there no fun, anyone who has been in the car with me knows i like to have fun wile i drive :yes:

I havnt serviced mine for a year :doh: probally not washed it in as long so wont be posting up a pic! Driver you look like you know how to wash and wax a car fancy doing mine? :lol:

I loved my first car was a 306 diesel would go around the world and back on £5 of diesel, yep i would fill it up with £5 each time - I was young when i got it and £5 was alot and petrol was cheaper now i cant get to the end of the street on a fiver and i live on a tiny road!! The car was plagued with problems one after the other, I got it free from my cousin so didnt complain and drove it untill it died which took awile like 6 bumps, filling up with the wrong fuel twice (my mate did it not me) and then finally it had enough when I never checked the radiator for water and head gasket blewup! :) Gotta love cars lol

I want my own car so bad.
My mom has a Renault Megane and I hate it. It totally sucks.
Seun-Patrick_244_renault-megane-coupe-2-0-16v-kusi86.jpg

Like this one but older and red.

I used to have a opel astra. Wonderful to drive I loved it.
1545.gif

Maybe if I get a job I can buy a car again.

I have a Ford Fiesta.

*lol* I had two in a row of them, my first and second car - I know why I call them Ford Fiasco! :hysterical: Never again ...

I have a red Toyota Starlet from 1996 (I love red cars! :D). I wish they would still be produced, I love them more than the newer models. And they are very solid. I hope it will be my companion for many years to come.
sy_car01.gif

Back