just in from twitter, Peter Lopez, MJ former attorney found dead

Saw this post, thought I'd post it here..

some parts of discussions from Shana Mangatal face book page:

Shana MangatalI am in a state of shock, once again. Peter Lopez, one of MJ's last attorneys was found dead today. It was an apparent suicide. He was one of the nicest guys in Hollywood. We hung together last month at the Kobe Bryant party. He seemed to be in great spirits! I just don't understand!!! If anyone has any further information, please let me know.

Shana Mangatal
Thank you guys. This craziness has to stop. Michael's death has turned the world upside down. We spoke about Michael at the party. He was one of the few lawyers who actually cared about Michael. I'm sure Michael liked him because of his gentle, caring demeanor.
18 hours ago
http://www.facebook.com/ShanaMangatal
Shana Mangatal
Peter was very much involved in those final months. This is all very strange.
17 hours ago
Shana Mangatal
Nothing seems real anymore. Life feels like one big dream...or nightmare.
14 hours ago
Shana Mangatal
@Karla..I was with him at a Kobe Bryant party I attended about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was the same night my current profile pic was taken. That's when we discussed MJ, and he seemed a little sad.
11 hours ago

user comment-
"Kraken reached out to Jackson last year through the singer's attorney Peter Lopez. "We wanted to tell the behind-the-scenes story of Michael Jackson the entertainer," Fowler says. The plan was to include Jackson's concerts at London's O2 Arena."

A prominent Los Angeles entertainment lawyer who represented Michael Jackson, Vancouver singer Michael Bublé and the Eagles died on Friday, apparently having taken his own life.

Peter Lopez, 60, was found dead in the garden of the Los Angeles home he shared with his wife, actress Catherine Bach, and their two young daughters.

Craig Harvey, operations chief with L.A. County Coroner's Office, said Lopez died of a gunshot wound to the head that appeared self-inflicted.
Suspicious.

Duane Nettlesbey Peter Lopez was my attorney for a while. He is the one who told me Terry Bingham was working with Tupac's estate. The estate pressured him out of representing me, so maybe he just got tried of playing the game instead of fighting for artists. He did give me alot of documents that he shouldn't have, exposing what was really going on, so he was trying at least to let me know the truth.

3 hours ago
^ one moe interesting comment form hip-hop artist

Last edited:
more info taken from mjsmile..

Quote:
A neighbor reported hearing a shot and someone at the home found Lopez's body, coroners officials said. Source: AP
Quote:
A spokesman for Lopez's law firm says he was Michael Jackson's music attorney until a couple years before the pop star died. Source: KTLA
Quote:
Raymone Bain, Michael Jackson's former general manager, said she hired Peter Lopez in 2006 as Jackson's entertainment attorney when she was reorganizing the singer's business affairs.
"I'd known Peter for 20 years," she said. When she was searching for a new legal team she said another of her clients, R&B singer Babyface, recommended Lopez.
"I can't think of a nicer individual," she said. "He was a good guy. I'm just so shocked."
She said Lopez traveled with her and Jackson to London for the World Music Awards and spoke to the singer quite often
Quote:
Kraken reached out to Jackson last year through the singer's attorney Peter Lopez. "We wanted to tell the behind-the-scenes story of Michael Jackson the entertainer," Fowler says. The plan was to include Jackson's concerts at London's O2 Arena, which were set to start in July. While Jackson was in rehearsals, he invited Kraken executives to his house in Los Angeles. When Fowler mentioned they were working on a Disney Opus, Jackson reacted "like a boy in a sweet shop. He asked if he could contribute and get a copy."
Lopez says Jackson was impressed by the Opuses' "sense of grandeur" and "expressed a definite desire to get on board." But Lopez and Kraken were still in negotiations when Jackson died June 25, which required the company to seek approval from his estate — and amend its strategy.

wondering what the latest news on this is? I just saw a TINI facebook update saying that Peter Lopez was about to speak publically on MJ's homicide case, and the implication TINI were making is that Peter Lopez's death is suspicious and the two could be related. Is this just a conspiracy theory, or is Peter Lopez's death really suspicious?

somehow i just don't feel right about this.
i don't know, it's just my feeling...
may his soul rests in peace.

On a side note, during my lifespan, four people I knew commited suicide. Common denominators for all four guys were :
1) not much going on in their lives,
2) substance abusers trying to get their life on track,
3)took their lives (one left a note) after heated arguments with their loved ones.

PS: one of them, my cousin, was facing court appearance and possible jail sentence.

At first glance these attributes don't seem to apply to Mr Lopez. Maybe the note (if real) will shed some light on this mysterious death.

Last edited:
First, Michael Jackson dies.

Then, the father of the first accuser Evan Chandler, commits suicide.

Few months later, Bruce Ayers (Dr. Klein's research assistant and confidant) was found dead on a sidewalk in Los Angeles.

Now, Peter Lopez (Michael Jackson's ex-lawyer) commits suicide with a gunshot in the head.

Also, the same day that a pro-Michael Jackson documentary about the child molestation allegations (that bashed Tom Sneddon and Martin Basir) was about to air on Discovery Channel, a guy comes out saying that he had a gay affair with the pop star.

Am I too crazy to be thinking that something is not right here? Or the millions of other people?

Or are we all crazy and we base our facts on theories? I think not.

Few months later, Bruce Ayers (Dr. Klein's research assistant and confidant) was found dead on a sidewalk in Los Angeles.

Now, Peter Lopez (Michael Jackson's ex-lawyer) commits suicide with a gunshot in the head.

Also, the same day that a pro-Michael Jackson documentary about the child molestation allegations (that bashed Tom Sneddon and Martin Basir) was about to air on Discovery Channel, a guy comes out saying that he had a gay affair with the pop star.

Am I too crazy to be thinking that something is not right here? Or the millions of other people?

And the weird thing is, we heard that story already last year- and even then it seemed like such a distraction designed to get people to look at something else...
and both the dead employee and this supposed gay lover are supposed to have ties to Mr. Klein's Office. Someone's trying really hard to distract- or to get people to LOOK harder.

Very strange.

:bugeyed

Back