Katherine Jackson's Secret Contract

JMie

Guests
Katherine Jackson's contract with Howard Mann

I know it's TMZ, but they published the document.

Katherine Jackson's Secret Contract

50 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
Katherine Jackson has been bitterly complaining the Michael Jackson Estate is not giving her enough money, and now we know what she's done to supplement her income in a big way.

TMZ has obtained a contract Katherine signed with Vintage Pop Media (VPM), the company that owns tens of thousands of photos, videos and other MJ items. Under the deal -- which is not sanctioned by the MJ Estate -- Katherine agreed to participate in the production of "The Katherine Jackson Story," some sort of MJ documentary set to music. Katherine also agreed to pen the book that was just released, "Never Can Say Goodbye."

In return for her work, VPM -- owned by her controversial business partner Howard Mann -- agreed to pay Katherine 25% of the net profits with a minimum monthly guarantee of $10,000-a-month. But here's what's really interesting ... there's no end date for the $10-grand-a-month, so if you read the contract literally, VPM agrees to pay Katherine at least $10k-a-month for the rest of her life.

And get this. The contract also says Katherine has the legal right to "forever bind" Michael's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket. According to sources connected familiar with the MJ Estate, Katherine does not have the power to contractually bind Michael's kids.

Katherine is already raking in $26,000-a-month from the MJ Estate, but she's complaining she wants more. Looks like she found it.

Howard Mann tells TMZ, "This is one of several agreements with Mrs. Jackson. This was a starting point in our relationship."

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/1111_jackson_2.pdf

**** I haven't read the contract yet, but if the kids are really in it, then no words...:no:

Re: Katherine Jackson's contract with Howard Mann

Is this retribution for the song fiasco.?

Does anyone know if Margaret Lodise would be able to stop the children's involvement in this (although I see the contract was signed in Feb 2010)?

I think we need Ivy to comment on this.... I read the contract and to me it does seem that the kids are included.

Despicable!!!

That is why we started the petition. The kids are being used. And for the life of me, i don't understand that none of her 8 adult children are stepping in to stop their elderly mother's exploitation

Reminder: Please sign the letter. We will keep pushing for fans to boycott Jackson vault & Howard Mann.

http://bit.ly/9I6Rqa

there is a contract document to back it up on the tmz

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/11/kathe...intage-pop-media-howard-mann/#comments-anchor

11/12/2010 12:55 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Katherine Jackson has been bitterly complaining the Michael Jackson Estate is not giving her enough money, and now we know what she's done to supplement her income in a big way.

TMZ has obtained a contract Katherine signed with Vintage Pop Media (VPM), the company that owns tens of thousands of photos, videos and other MJ items. Under the deal -- which is not sanctioned by the MJ Estate -- Katherine agreed to participate in the production of "The Katherine Jackson Story," some sort of MJ documentary set to music. Katherine also agreed to pen the book that was just released, "Never Can Say Goodbye."

In return for her work, VPM -- owned by her controversial business partner Howard Mann -- agreed to pay Katherine 25% of the net profits with a minimum monthly guarantee of $10,000-a-month. But here's what's really interesting ... there's no end date for the $10-grand-a-month, so if you read the contract literally, VPM agrees to pay Katherine at least $10k-a-month for the rest of her life.

And get this. The contract also says Katherine has the legal right to "forever bind" Michael's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket. According to sources connected familiar with the MJ Estate, Katherine does not have the power to contractually bind Michael's kids.

Katherine is already raking in $26,000-a-month from the MJ Estate, but she's complaining she wants more. Looks like she found it.

Howard Mann tells TMZ, "This is one of several agreements with Mrs. Jackson. This was a starting point in our relationship."

P.S.

i'm very disappointed with Kat; how can she binned the children to a lifetime contract without their knowledge for her own selfish need. Even with their knowledge that will still be bad. This family has started exploiting the kids just like they did to mike. It's high time that we see Kat for who she is.

I now understand why Oprah had no sympathy for her during the interview. Because bare in mind that she and her people arrange for this intervie in order for them to market that book. She sold the kids out.
Secondly you can see from the contract that she is not business savvy. How can she evn accept 25%; doesn't she know that without her input those stuff that the guy has will be almost worth seen the fan won't buy anything from him.

MJ will be realy disappointed. Kat is no angel.

if it's offensive the mod can delete it; but i'm angry with the familys behaviour for trying to bind the kids to a life time contract. very very sad. Thank God MJ didn't make her an executor; with contracts like this the estate will go bankrupt.

This is what it says

7. Katherine Jackson is the legal Guardian for Paris and Prince and Prince Michael Jackson II.
8. When addressed herein, the KJ reference contemplates that Katherine Jackson shall forever bind and enjoin all parties included, to the terms provided herein.

13. The KJ Party will appear in person to promote program as required from time to time in further as requested by VPM.
14. The KJ Party will (upon mutual consent thereto) conduct further interviews, prmotional materials and marketing related efforts, including nut not limited to television appearances, radio interviews, magazine interviews and news media association or affiliation as required for the purposes of the promotion of the recording contemplated herein.

30. I have the required authority to bind and commit myself and the remainder of of the KJ Party hereto and the performances or payments as prescribed herein.
31. This agreement remains binding on the parties, their heirs, successors and assigns.

People should stop calling Teddy Riley a sell-out and look who REALLY is a sell-out. Im sorry I always supported and loved Katherine and I still do, but this is just too much. She should leave the children alone. Binding contracts and all? Oh really?!! Even if she doesnt have the power to contractually bind the children, it is bad enough that she actually signed a contract that wants the children onboard.

Im so dissapointed with Katherine. She IS already getting a court approved allowance of $26,000-a-month and that is not enough? FYI, she recently went to court to ask for an increase as well.

I dont know why she is out there and wanting more money, to feed other Jacksons or what are her motives to sign that contract? Smh..

What an ignorant approach of her to also go to court and say $26,000-a-month for a 80year old woman is not enough. Look at what the society and the economy looks like, people are suffering and she cant live on that amount? Smh.

Last edited:
This is what it says

People should stop calling Teddy Riley a sell-out and look who REALLY is a sell-out. Im sorry I always supported and loved Katherine and I still do, but this is just too much. She should leave the children alone. Binding contracts and all? Oh really?!! Even if she doesnt have the power to contractually bind the children, it is bad enough that she actually signed a contract that wants the children onboard.

Im so dissapointed with Katherine. She IS already getting a court approved allowance of $26,000-a-month and that is not enough? FYI, she recently went to court to ask for an increase as well.

I dont know why she is out there and wanting more money, to feed other Jacksons or what are her motives to sign that contract? Smh..

What an ignorant approach of her to also go to court and say $26,000-a-month for a 80year old woman is not enough. Look at what the society and the economy looks like, people are suffering and she cant live on that amount? Smh.

It is high time we are allowed to crticise her whether she is Mj's mum or not; WRONg is WRONG.

Some people wer criticising oprah for not show any sympathy in the interview but people forget that KAt and that despicable guy were refuse any promotion for their book on oprah. In other to secure a slot on Oprah, Kat decided to sell the kids out so as to enable her to promote her book.

It saddens me that Kat will do this.

I'm so happy the Judge appointed a Lawyer for the Kids. I can't imagine what would have happened had it not been the case. I think the estate and the Kids lawyers needs to confront Kat. Also the Judge has to make it clear that she has no such powers.

I believe it's because she had planned such that why she made the kids say what they plan to do in the future. In so doing she will be able to exploit the kids now without anyone saying anything.

This is the reason why i had to (and I'll continue to) stay away from everything MJ....this is like pissing on everything MJ was as an artist,a man and a father.....
I'm not surprised,kat allowed his children to perform in strip clubs,why would she have a higher consideration of...nephews?
How can I be happy with a new album if I know his kids are paraded around like their dad's forniture and gloves and shit?That family has no sense of shame and it just hurts too much.

I'm so happy the Judge appointed a Lawyer for the Kids. I can't imagine what would have happened had it not been the case. I think the estate and the Kids lawyers needs to confront Kat. Also the Judge has to make it clear that she has no such powers.

Sigh.. yeah, but where is the childrens lawyer?

Im so sad for Michaels sake. Everything he worked so hard for are being forgotten in a hearbeat. This is not how it was suppose to be... not at all..

I am going to merge this thread with the one in 2300.

Thanks so much Vici. I hope she is competent and aware of everything.

I am going to merge this thread with the one in 2300.

Please don't move it to 2300 section because few people visit that part. Leave it so that more people can express their opinion. i hope you ain't one of those family supporters; i used to be but i'm disappointed in their acts.

please leave it here. you are trying to cover the family's ass; i guess. this a conspiracy?

The children's lawyer Margaret Lodise is assigned for the estate matters - meaning that she's focused on future monetary inheritance of the kids. She's not overseeing custody of the children.

The children's lawyer Margaret Lodise is assigned for the estate matters - meaning that she's focused on future monetary inheritance of the kids. She's not overseeing custody of the children.

Yes, but....can't she get involved since the kids are part of the package deal. Who's overlooking where their money from Katherine's ventures is going? Wouldn't that fall under Lodise's responsibility of overseeing the kids' financial future?

if Lodise can't interfere, that's awful. then I guess no one can do anything about it :(

Thanks Ivy. It seems odd that Katherine could go ahead and involve beneficiaries of the estate, who are minors, in a business contract without informing Lodise.

Another question (sorry!), could the estate put a stop to this as they did with the belt incident since that book uses Michael's image to make a profit for an entity other than the estate?

Thanks

This whole business is just unbelievable. Could it be that Katherine has been manipulated, or do you think she is fully aware of the consequences of these decisions?

^ good question , do u remember how she and the rest of the family do the same thing to MJ when they made business with the Korean company !

I want to know if it will be possible for the kids to get out of this contract somehow when they grow up?

Poor children... Poor Michael... Gosh, what a destiny for them... Hope their love for each other and everything Michael taught them will carry them through, and that they won't take any crap from anybody, especially when older.

Another question (sorry!), could the estate put a stop to this as they did with the belt incident since that book uses Michael's image to make a profit for an entity other than the estate?

Thanks

book - no. everyone can write a book - see all the available books about Michael.

anything else that they can make a copyright and/or trademark claim - yes. but it will depend on the material included.

(I believe they removed the t-shirts that these people were selling).

I want to know if it will be possible for the kids to get out of this contract somehow when they grow up?

If Katherine does not have the power to contractually bind Michael's kids as they say, then yes it will pretty easy.

Michael trusted that woman and this is what she is doing with his trust, throwing him under the bus is one thing but binding his children, UNDERAGE CHILDREN in order to feed her bunch of no income middle aged offspring is despicable in every sense. The children would have been better of with Diana Ross rather than with her or any other Jackson.

Rest in peace Michael.

Last edited:
Back