Second European Single (WBSS 08) is scheduled for a late March release (GERMANY: March 21, 2008)

Korgnex

Proud Member
Country
Germany
I dunno about other countries yet, but here's the info for Germany:

Second European single
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"
due for forthcoming release​

According to SonyBMG Germany the second Single on the occasion of Thriller 25 will be released within a short time.
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" is scheduled to be already released on March 21, 2008. It will be available as 2-track and 3-track (Maxi-CD) CD-Single as well as 12'' Vinyl for collectors who will even be getting an extra track this time.

Here are the (scheduled) tracklists of the different formats of the new European Single.

"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"
(Release in Germany:
Friday, the 21st of March 2008)

2-Track CD-Single:
01. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 featuring Akon
(Radio Edit) - 3:48
02. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 featuring Akon
(Johnny Vicious Radio Mix) - 3:36

schwarz118x28.gif

order at Amazon Germany
(current Amazon price: 3,45€)

3-Track (Maxi-CD) CD-Single:
03. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 featuring Akon
(Johnny Vicious Club Remix) - 9:03

schwarz118x28.gif

order at Amazon Germany
(current Amazon price: 7,95€)

12'' Vinyl:
03. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 featuring Akon
(Johnny Vicious Club Remix) - 9:03
04. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 featuring Akon
(Johnny Vicious Warehouse Thrilla Dub) - 7:23

schwarz118x28.gif

order at Amazon Marketplace (individual sellers)
NO LONGER AVAILABLE (SOLD OUT),
only available at Amazon Marketplace (individual sellers) !

All info without guarantee.

Source: SonyBMG Germany

Korgnex :punk:

Last edited:
Re: Second European Single (WBSS 08) is scheduled for a late March release

Finnaly i've been waiting for this to be released

for Amazon links + prices please refer to the first post on this topic

Last edited:

Mmm, nothing special this time around. Pity. At least the 'Girl is mine' 3 track single had that nice unreleased demo included. Now they're gonna release REMIXES OF THE REMIX of WBSS, how's that? I think it's stupid. I'm quite fed up with all the remixes that don't add anything new to the music. They should at least have given us the orginal WBSS demo in good quality. I think THAT's mainly what fans are waiting for. Know Mike may not be able to influence the contents of the releases. Anyway, I will be going mad in case there is ANY remix-thingy on Mike's new album...... I want unreleased or brand new songs, nothing less. Period.

they didn't even give us (USA) that^. All we got was the option to download the song by itself, and its already on t-25. UNREAL!

Hope we (USA) get the girl is mine (3tracks) atleast because I really want the other two songs, I could care less about wbss08.

I believe if it's released in Germany it should also be released in Switzerland :yes:

It would make so much sense :p

If not I will be so :mat:

Last edited:

hope this comes out in the uk too

I wish the singles would come out sooner.. They are releasing the singles in a real timeline, for a full fledge NEW album.. I would rather have them release a new single like every 3 weeks..

This just hints to me that we will have to wait longer untill the Thriller promotion will be finished.. Meaning possibly longer to wait untill new album promotion.

Lets just say they release 4 singles, one each month.. That will be MAY before Thriller singles are done being released.. We'll I guess that makes good timeing for new album promotion plans.. MAY!! I'm just want the new album SO BAD now.

Last edited:

^ Promotion will not end before June - this is when the 25th anniversary book comes out ;)

actually it's a perfect warm-up for Mike's 50th birthday and the brand-new album:)

nothing special? this is fking excellent! I think its cool that they have hired Johnny Vicious to produce remixes of WBSS 2008. He's remixed the like's of Whitney Houston, Britney & Natasha Bedingfield.

I doubt this will get a USA release. The remixes in question are geared for the European market.

The club mixes are excellent. They have a real tribal sound to them. The intro reminds of the Outland remix of Butterflies. And you also get to hear MJs 2008 vocals much clearer as he also gets a semi-acapella part in the club remix ;) :wild:

I know it's good timeing.. BUt I just want the album NOW.. I want to to be released this tuesday.. lol!

nothing special? this is fking excellent! I think its cool that they have hired Johnny Vicious to produce remixes of WBSS 2008. He's remixed the like's of Whitney Houston, Britney & Natasha Bedingfield.

I doubt this will get a USA release. The remixes in question are geared for the European market.

The club mixes are excellent. They have a real tribal sound to them. The intro reminds of the Outland remix of Butterflies. And you also get to hear MJs 2008 vocals much clearer as he also gets a semi-acapella part in the club remix ;) :wild:

where have u heard the songs - u say that they are good please help

you know what, i'm geting pretty fed up with this T25 thing. it was fun for so long but i hate looking back all the time. i want new music. this is not new but the same old greatest hits in a new jacket.
how long doe we have to listen to the songs over and and over again. :(

Another release date:

Australia:
Monday, the 17th of March 2008

Source: MJFrance / The MJ Vault

mjdbnews1006.jpg

The Promo was recently sold on ebay ;)

Here is a short snippet showcasing 2 separate parts from Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 featuring Akon

http://rapidshare.de/files/38719639/wbss_johhnyV_radio.mp3.html

As this is an official FORTHCOMING release, I shall not be posting any more snippets of the remixes.

:flowers:

Last edited:

Sounds ok for a remix, thanks:)

who is johnny vicious?

how come the vinyl get more remixes than the cd versions?

I can't even find the girl is mine in belgium... :(

They didn't play the girl is mine that oftenon the radio...

I just hope I will be able to find wbss!:)

i cant find it in creece too....

hope it's released in Denmark too.

great my favourite remix on T25.

I wish the singles would come out sooner.. They are releasing the singles in a real timeline, for a full fledge NEW album.. I would rather have them release a new single like every 3 weeks..

This just hints to me that we will have to wait longer untill the Thriller promotion will be finished.. Meaning possibly longer to wait untill new album promotion.

Lets just say they release 4 singles, one each month.. That will be MAY before Thriller singles are done being released.. We'll I guess that makes good timeing for new album promotion plans.. MAY!! I'm just want the new album SO BAD now.

BUt wasnt it planned to celebrate thriller25 the whole year? This would mean there WONT be any new album till next year and they will only promote T25. *confused*

Last edited:

I like the new remixes! :punk:

damn i was really hoping for the wbss demo

How can I find out if anything is being released in the USA? I went to bmg.com then to leagacy, but I didn't see any thing under his name.

I am still sad about those too much vocals of Akon which are also on the remixes of johnny Vicious

Last edited:

i think te club one is great - i wish we could of got demo version but maybe on a future release maybe thriller 50

it will be interesting to see if they use any more Michael vocals from his WBSS demo

Back