Just an idea

Ape

Guests
If any of you have seen V for Vendetta, you must recall the part where the masks were given out and the streets were filled with all these mask wearing people so no one could tell who the real (can't remember now the name) original person behind the mask was.

Say MJ fans took this idea to heart and donned on his disguise of wearing something similar to what he wore to the fights (burka (sp?) and sunglasses). Would this help or harm him? Would people understand and catch on? Would the media simply give up on trying to find him to take photos of him? Would people stop caring to look to see if it was him, or would it make even more mess and chaos by creating so many stories that it would backfire and cause the "weird" sensational stories again?

I am curious as to what the outcome of some campaign like this would be.

What are your thoughts?

Trust a try. I would join you...but we have to know what MJ will wear on that occasion, without that knowledge he would be easily recognizeable...

whether it helped anything or not .... it would b MADD FUN to do :yes:

haha yeah. I don't think we would have to know what he'd be wearing. You saw the photo from the fights. If any one of us dressed like that (ok well...maybe not me since I have breasts and am shorter and not as slender) but if someone semi the same size dressed with a scarf around his or her head with dark glasses like that, they could be mistaken for MJ..and if many of us did that, it would probably fool many media and when they are proven time and again that it is not him, they would be the just about ready to give up. ..maybe. He's here, no he's here..but he was spotted in Africa.. No he was in California, No he was in Edmonton...etc etc. It would be like a world wide "Where's Waldo". :lol:

I think he should have a 50th Birthday Party and it should be a Masquerade Ball:D

LOL! After getting into that lil debate in another thread last night, I thought about something similar, but instead of the V mask it was the scene at the end of the movie The Thomas Crown Affair. I thought it would be cool to see a bunch of MJ's (tall thin guys all dressed identical) leaving a hotel one day while fans and media camped outside. And then the lookalikes and MJ would all get into different cars and go in different directions so fans and media wouldn't know who to follow. It would be like watching the Keystone Cops with fans and papz bumping into each other. Classic. :wild:

^^me too Ape:D

Edit:

wendy2004 ~ that would be hilarious and definitely a classic.

Last edited:
Sabrina that is what got me thinking it. The fight photo looked like it could really have been anyone. So if fans just randomly went places dressed up in his disguises (the usual ones like the scarf glasses..etc, though maybe nothing too outrageous) then it would get to be a semi common thing to see... or at least people would notice, then see it wasn't MJ, then go about their business...and would probably be less likely to take notice once it IS him... maybe...if it could be done on a scale big enough to make people notice. Or maybe even just a few paparazzi photos would be enough... a couple on the same time in two different places or something.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Would be cool to see, or maybe even take part in...

Unfortunately you know there would be like one person who would do something stupid, and ruin it for everyone else... curse that rotten apple! lol

:D

I remember something like that in London in 1988, during the Bad tour... Michael was just inside his hotel and wasn't coming out and there were about 100 fans in front and we were bored. So we decided to have some fun - one of the lookalikes covered with a scarf ran from the hoteldoor to the subway station, and a bunch of us girls running after him, screaming... the paparazzi who were there were so quick to follow, it was really funny. Got them all confused... :lmao:

I don't see how it would 'help' Michael in any way though... just a bit of harmless fun.

Last edited:
:D

I remember something like that in London in 1988, during the Bad tour... Michael was just inside his hotel and wasn't coming out and there were about 100 fans in front and we were bored. So we decided to have some fun - one of the lookalikes covered with a scarf ran from the hoteldoor to the subway station, and a bunch of us girls running after him, screaming... the paparazzi who were there were so quick to follow, it was really funny. Got them all confused... :lmao:

I don't see how it would 'help' Michael in any way though... just a bit of harmless fun.

The only way it could "help" Michael would be to "cause a commotion" outside to get everyone running after the wrong person/s and he could leave the hotel in peace in the meantime.

I'd go to KFC dressed up like him! :kickass::lmao: Imagine people's faces if they followed someone they thought was MJ and that person would walk into a KFC and would wait in line to order the food! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

And just because I am bored...here are some pics. Just for fun. :lol: "Damn paparazzis!!" :lmao:

Last edited:
HAHA that is awesome^^
Actually I thought that it could help him by perhaps retraining the paparazis...IF that is possible. Maybe they could get "tip offs" that Michael is going to be at such and such a place...then a fan goes with their get up on, and maybe after a bit takes the scarf off to show the photographers that it was a false alarm...yet again. They would surely get tired of it. One would think. Like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually they stopped coming to his cries. Maybe in the long run it would give him more freedom.

perhaps.

HAHA that is awesome^^
Actually I thought that it could help him by perhaps retraining the paparazis...IF that is possible. Maybe they could get "tip offs" that Michael is going to be at such and such a place...then a fan goes with their get up on, and maybe after a bit takes the scarf off to show the photographers that it was a false alarm...yet again. They would surely get tired of it. One would think. Like the boy who cried wolf. Eventually they stopped coming to his cries. Maybe in the long run it would give him more freedom.

perhaps.

It would not only "re-train" the paparazzi...but the fans who follow Mike EEVERYWHERE also! :toofunny:

haha yeah. I don't think we would have to know what he'd be wearing. You saw the photo from the fights. If any one of us dressed like that (ok well...maybe not me since I have breasts and am shorter and not as slender) but if someone semi the same size dressed with a scarf around his or her head with dark glasses like that, they could be mistaken for MJ..and if many of us did that, it would probably fool many media and when they are proven time and again that it is not him, they would be the just about ready to give up. ..maybe. He's here, no he's here..but he was spotted in Africa.. No he was in California, No he was in Edmonton...etc etc. It would be like a world wide "Where's Waldo". :lol:
The problem with this is the problem I as trying to point out in another thread. Anybody could do this. The media wouldn't care to check to see if it's him. They would say it was anyway. Just like they did with that woman in france.

Wow, how awesome an idea is this!!

So what day would we do this? lol on his birthday or something?

Man I hope he has a birthday bash thrown for him and fans are invited. That'd be awesome.

Like I said in the other thread... somebody jinxed it. :hysterical:!!

lmfaoo jk.. but woah what a coincidence. :lmao:

It would be fun.. :)

U know if all of us set a date to go out dressed like him like that.. It would probably get some media attention.. Some media or person would take notice to some of us and telivize it on the news..

Just to get TALK.. We do a PR stunt on behalf of Mike.. lol!

Fan promotion??? :)

Ape............!! ;D:lmao:

Last edited:
It would be fun.. :)

U know if all of us set a date to go out dressed like him like that.. It would probably get some media attention.. Some media or person would take notice to some of us and telivize it on the news..

Just to get TALK.. We do a PR stunt on behalf of Mike.. lol!

Fan promotion??? :)

Hmmmmm. :shifty: Sounds fun.
What if like the fans from some countries and cities.. go out with the whole MJ attire. and then the media be like.. WOAH THERE'S AN MJ IN FRANCE... NOW HE'S GONE TO UK.. WOWAH NOW GERMANY. :lmao:

LOL they will be confused.

They'll make up sumthin like "MJ TELEPORTING" :hysterical: damn tabloids. :lmao:

But in reality it just a bunch of fans that organized these things to dress up as him in certain places. lol

Last edited:
No I DO NOT own a pair of pink platform high heels. :no: :lmao: It wasn't me. (but I did recognize her.... you know, being from Canada and all)

No I DO NOT own a pair of pink platform high heels. :no: :lmao: It wasn't me. (but I did recognize her.... you know, being from Canada and all)

Oh yeah, that's right...all of you Canadians know each other...And have dog-sleighs and stuff...-_- :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

And about the pink high heels...I just realized what pic I have on my blog as my "avatar"...

pink_shoes.jpg

:wild:

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

"Thse boots are made for walking..." :tease::lmao:

Last edited:
:) I loved watching those.

This is why I think it would be a good place for Michael to come, because we are all too cold to come out of our houses...I mean igloos so he would not be hounded at all. In fact he could roam the streets in his parka and dog sled team and no one would even know it is him. YOu think the burka was a good costume, just wait for the PARKA! you put that on with some mukluks and frostbitten smile and we ALL look the same. That's why she looked familiar to me. We also lack necessary technology to hound celebrities, such as cameras. I happen to be on the only computer in the west here. I had to wait till night and I snuck on while all the rest of the Canadians were asleep. We DO have pencils and paper though,..but with our toques and mits on, we can't draw the celebs well or fast enough to be efficient paparazzi so they just don't exist up here in the great white north. Anyways, I'd better go before the Prime Minister wakes up and wants to get online.

Take care eh!! *waves*

MUSH! On dancer on prancer on donner and blitzen (like my doggies names?) ;)

Last edited:
Back