September 2. News & Mentionings - [RUMOR]Pam and Mike out and about

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariemarie

Guests
Hello everyone. A new day. New possibilities. Actually, there are many reports about Michael's date with Pamela Anderson. A lot of gossip folks like to write their own take on the story. For example, Mike and Pam are going on a third date pretty soon. Yup, you heard it here first. You go, Pam!

Mentionings

Obama not a celebrity

The biggest celebrity in the world is not Barack Obama, but Michael Jackson ... Why would they say Barack Obama is a celebrity in the same class, when one is a politician and the other an entertainer?

Come on, folks!
AP correspondent Walter R. Means published his "ON DEADLINE: Obama's famous, but so's McCain."
Republicans are trying to make fame a liability for the Democratic presidential nominee and they're having some success at it. But John McCain is a celebrity too, writes Means.
The anti-celebrity ploy is a useful one for the Republicans. It makes Obama's strengths into GOP targets. In the GOP version, the fact that he draws vast crowds shows that he is just a celebrity, not a man of substance ... .
What is this disdain McCain has for popular celebrities? Is "rock star" status a bad thing? ... (What's Behind Obama's Rock Star Status? by Eddie Griffin, published Thursday, August 28, 2008).

Full story http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080902/OPINIONS/809020321/1006/OPINIONS

It's the perfect time to get an
education on lunchboxes' history

20080901_191607_2_story.gif

For the MTV crowd of the 1980s, it was either Madonna clad in her famous Material Girl wedding dress or Michael Jackson, right Off the Wall on school lunchboxes.

The 1990s brought lunchboxes featuring Elmo, the reintroduction of Strawberry Shortcake, and other cartoon favorites in new age materials.
Today's lunchboxes address today's concerns. For instance, the Built NY lunchbag made of neoprene rubber has insolated storage for drinks with a built-in placemat for those less-than-sanitary lunch tables or for busy folks who eat on the run. Contemporary cartoon heroes such as Dora the Explorer or Bob the Builder remain popular. All in all, the decorative box that protects our lunch is another object that surely reflects American culture.

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20100453&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=81975&rfi=6

Buried treasures

BUTLER COUNTY, Pa. - Mine foreman Chuck Doughty steers his golf cart through a vast labyrinth of limestone tunnels, passing armed guards, bulging gray walls studded with dynamite holes, and storage vaults the size of Wal-Marts.

Squirreled away in this subterranean world 220 feet beneath the rolling hills of western Pennsylvania are some of the nation's iconic photos: original prints and negatives of Albert Einstein sticking out his tongue, Harry Truman playing the piano for Lauren Bacall, and Ted Williams clowning with Joe DiMaggio before an All-Star game. They are stored along with cultural artifacts, such as master recordings of Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley, and sensitive data from Wall Street investment houses and top-secret government agencies.

All of it is safeguarded in a hidden 145-acre complex owned by Iron Mountain Inc., the Boston-based data protection and storage services company. Security here is so tight the federal government classifies it just one level below the White House and Pentagon.
Since the 2001 terror attacks, financial firms, medical providers, and other companies have speeded efforts to store important documents offsite. At the same time, as digital data have proliferated and cyber-attacks have increased, they have also been scrambling to back up their records at remote locations. And recently, pharmaceutical companies have looked to transfer digital data into physical formats, in case their computer networks are destroyed.
"We are entrusted with some one-of-a-kind collections, very valuable, irreplaceable documents," said Doughty, whose title is "vice president - the underground" but who is often referred to as the complex's mayor. His domain, where he's labored for 36 years, is part of a former US Steel Corp. mine north of Pittsburgh. The site, believed to be the world's largest document storage facility, boasts not only world-class security but a climate-controlled preservation environment ideal for protecting the country's critical data and artifacts.

Iron Mountain has quietly built a $3 billion-a-year global business managing information for companies and organizations that are required by law to hold onto vital records, ranging from charters to deeds to patents. Some can eventually be disposed - for that, Iron Mountain has a mammoth paper shredding plant in Jersey City, N.J. The underground facility in Pennsylvania is the company's data-storage mecca, attracting a roster of top-drawer customers such as digital image company Corbis Corp., Bertelsmann Music Group, and Marriott International Inc.
The company acquired the subtropolis when it purchased National Underground Storage Inc. in 1998. Iron Mountain has since invested tens of millions of dollars in excavations, technology upgrades, and green energy initiatives, including a geothermal cooling research project with Carnegie Mellon University to recycle water from abutting mines. The water cools the site's 110 data vaults, built into limestone-walled caves that are plugged with heavy freezer doors.

On a recent afternoon in a micrographics lab that is part of the underground complex, employees stationed at giant digital archive machines downloaded customers' data, converting it to microfilm that can be stashed for centuries. At one workstation, workers listened to Madonna's "Vogue" at high volume while methodically turning streams of bits and bytes into microfilm. "We're voguing," said operations supervisor Christy Cook.
Storing paper documents, digital tapes, and microfilm - plus leasing space to customers such as Corbis, which manages its own storage of prints, negatives, and film reels here - is proving lucrative for Iron Mountain. Sales climbed 15 percent and operating income was up 11 percent in the three months ending June 30, as the company notched its 78th consecutive quarter of storage-revenue growth.

"Companies are beginning to worry about the security of their most vital records," said industry analyst Edward J. Atorino, managing director for Benchmark Co., a New York brokerage firm. "So you're seeing some of these new businesses, like microfilm, percolating below the surface. And Iron Mountain is taking advantage of it."
Richard Reese, executive chairman of Iron Mountain, said there's room for the underground site to expand - in neighboring parts of what originally was a 1,000-acre mine or at two or three alternative locations in nearby abandoned mines - though he wouldn't discuss specifics. "What you see down there is an operation that shows the complexities of our business," said Reese.
Driving through the countryside above, past cornfields, cattle farms, and forest, a motorist can't spot any sign of the Fort Knox of data and documents, until reaching a sprawling parking lot filled with cars and a sign bearing Iron Mountain's triangular logo.

Another sign directs those arriving down a slope into an opening in the side of a rocky hill. Inside, security guards check identification badges of about 2,700 employees of Iron Mountain and of the customers that lease space from the company to store records and, in some cases, operate remote data centers. (Iron Mountain also runs its own fire department and water treatment plant.)
The flourescent-lit caves shine some light on the sweeping changes that have reshaped this region and the broader business landscape over the past century. Hundreds of miners, many from southern and eastern Europe, labored underground from 1902 to 1950 hauling limestone - used as flux to drain impurities from pig iron during the steelmaking process - from what was then US Steel's Anandale mine. Today, some of their grandchildren move vital records down to the same spots to be stored and retrieved on demand.
Just as in the past, working below the earth's surface is not for everyone. Even though the Iron Mountain site is the premier employer in this rural county, Leslie Armstrong, its supervisor of employee services, said about two out of 10 applicants ultimately decide they can't hack it in a windowless world. "Most of us get used to it," she said.

For some, an underground job has its charms. Ann Hartman is library and records manager for Corbis, the Seattle-based company founded by Bill Gates. Corbis has operated its largest film preservation center in space leased from Iron Mountain here since 2001. As part of her job, Hartman scans, sorts, files, and retrieves photos from the company's massive Bettmann Archive.
It's a daily history lesson: Here is Warren Harding shaking hands with Babe Ruth. There are construction workers lunching on a crossbeam at a New York high-rise. There is also Richard Nixon bowling and Ronald Reagan sharing a laugh with Queen Elizabeth.
Prints and negatives for these and thousands of other photos are stored in a freezer-like vault cooled to 45 degrees with 35 percent humidity. The vault also houses banks of card catalogs, glass plates in wooden crates, and rows of file cabinets crammed with photos of historic figures (or actors who have played them in movies), athletes, and celebrities: Jennifer Lopez is across from Thomas Jefferson; Martina Hingis has a place next to Hootie & the Blowfish.
Displaying the famous print of Einstein with his tongue out - from a photo taken in the winter of 1951 in Princeton, N.J. - Hartman shows off some of her amateur historian's repertoire.
"I understand Einstein's family wasn't happy with that photo," she says. "They felt it didn't represent him well."

Full story on page 2 http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/09/02/at_this_mine_the_precious_nuggets_go_in/

DJ Ariel: A Piece Of Heaven

Which musical artist would you most like to work or collaborate with?
I am not so keen on collaborations or remixing other people. I enjoy writing original material. There are lots of different talented musicians out there, the list is endless. Though I have to say Michael Jackson is probably top of the list. The rhythm in his voice is what hooks me, DJ ariel says.

Full interview http://www.samesame.com.au/features/2922/DJ-Ariel-A-Piece-Of-Heaven-In-Melbourne.htm

Who would have thought that the day would come when Michael Jackson stepped out as a journalist! You go, Mike!!! lol =)

Ornette Coleman borrows from the classics at jazz festival

September 1, 2008
if (SITELIFE_ENABLED == true){ gSiteLife.Recommend("ExternalResource", "1138830,CST-FTR-jazz01web", "http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/jazz/1138830,CST-FTR-jazz01web.article"); }//if true Recommend

BY MICHAEL JACKSON
One of the most successful Chicago Jazz Festivals on record (both for attendance and quality of programming) ended with a bang Sunday night, and that wasn't just the sound of fireworks over the lake co-mingling with Denardo Coleman's bass drum beats during the closing set.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/jazz/1138830,CST-FTR-jazz01web.article

The Times… They Are-a-Changing

About 40 years ago, television was dominated by white males. At least, the talk-show aspect on television was. Johnny Carson was ruling night-time TV with The Tonight Show, Mike Douglas was busily interviewing an eclectic group of guests on The Mike Douglas Show, and a young Regis Philbin was gaining his first national exposure as a sidekick on The Joey Bishop Show.

In 1993, Winfrey hosted a prime time interview with Michael Jackson, which became the fourth most watched event in American history, with 100 million viewers. As Oprah continues to run her production company, Harpo, as well as her cable channel network, Oxygen, there's no telling what this talk-show host turned superstar will do next.

Full story http://media.www.csucauldron.com/me...Pot/The-Times.They.AreAChanging-3410407.shtml

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1992 - A taped poem by Michael Jackson was broadcast on "The Maury Povich Show."

1995 - Michael Jackson's single "You Are Not Alone" debuted at #1 in the U.S.

2004 - A ruling was made public that denied a reduction in Michael Jackson's $3 million bail.

Last edited:
Re: September 2. News & Mentionings

The biggest celebrity in the world is not Barack Obama, but Michael Jackson ... Why would they say Barack Obama is a celebrity in the same class, when one is a politician and the other an entertainer?

I was wondering when someone was gonna say that. Damn, Obama isn't a rock star, lol.

Though I have to say Michael Jackson is probably top of the list. The rhythm in his voice is what hooks me,

Very true, glad to hear someone say that. Michael can turn his voice from the most melodic, to the most stuttered, stacatto, to the most rhythmic. He's got it all as a vocalist.

Very true, glad to hear someone say that. Michael can turn his voice from the most melodic, to the most stuttered, stacatto, to the most rhythmic. He's got it all as a vocalist.

You know, it's so funny you quoted that sentence, because when I first read it, I thought about you, wannabe. I was like "now thats something wannabestartinsomethin would say!!"

=)

where are the many reports about Pamela Anderson? can you post them in the tabloid section?

I hope the Pam thing is not true. They can be friends, but that is about it. LOL. Mike has better taste than that....not judging other aspects.

^^Same here. Isnt she dating some shiek or something..lol.

Michael Jackson hangs out with Anderson?

Michael Jackson has reportedly enjoyed private meetings with Pamela Anderson.

Jackson agreed to meet the former Playboy model for a string of dates in Malibu, reports The Mirror.

"It was all arranged by their people in total secrecy, very cloak and dagger," said a source.

"They arrived separately at the Shutters Hotel on Malibu Beach so no-one would suspect anything, and then had a few drinks in the bar."

The insider continued: "They were very chatty. Pamela was being her usual flirty self and Michael seemed to be responding. They are such a strange couple but they seemed to really hit it off.

"They chatted about Michael turning 50, his new album, their kids. And he seemed genuinely interested in Pamela."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a128663/michael-jackson-hangs-out-with-anderson.html

this stories spreading that they are dating. best story ive heard in years LOL

LMAO at that ewwwwwwwww,...

I'm not too sure what to think of the Pamela Anderson rumor. It's a nice rumor, but I've always like the idea of Michael dating Sharon Stone.

this stories spreading that they are dating. best story ive heard in years LOL

I have to agree to this. I rather read stories like this than stories about bull after bull. I always wanted to read stories of MJ just hanging out with a female and having a good time. Pam Anderson is not the female that comes to mind. LOL.

Now, reading the article - even though the Mirror is as reliable as the brown stain on the wall that we all know is NOT chocolate - Pam used to be in Playboy. MJ had a bunch of that smut in NL. MJ and Pam had drinks. We now know that MJ likes to have a drink here in there. So, some dots connect.

I think that it is the fact that Pam Anderson isn't exactly ladylike and the assumption that she is a blonde bimbo. Actually, she is a very smart person. People who went to school with her have stated that she was so smart that she passed her tests and always had good grades. MJ, as we all know is a genius and read contracts like their were People magazine. LOL. So, maybe they connect. I always thought that MJ cna be with the likes of Tracey Edmonds or Lucy Liu. But hey, whatever is whatever.

I'm not too sure what to think of the Pamela Anderson rumor. It's a nice rumor, but I've always like the idea of Michael dating Sharon Stone.

OMG Sharon Stone is like, the hottest woman ever to hit planet Earth!

I know me too Summer. Anyways doesnt MJ hate germs??

When we're at it, I've always wanted him to date Naomi Cambell. Now, she has been in to drugs and stuff and has a temper, but hey....lol

^^ Same here. lol.. Idk I wanted him and Halle Berry to be together.I mean if she wasnt with her man that is..

Just made my headache worse :mello:

Nice rumours!! hehe...

1992 - A taped poem by Michael Jackson was broadcast on "The Maury Povich Show."
where can i hear this?

I don't think Pamela is a bad person, I don't have anything against her BUT MICHAEL 'N PAMELA DOESN'T MATCH AT ALL :bugeyed :swoon:

I feel its a good thing for him to freely hang out with another celeb if that's what he's doing. It doesn't mean they're going to settle down together and it doesn't have to involve you-know-what. Haven't you ever had a friend of the opposite gender that you hang out with? They probably have loads to share. Pam's a "soccer mom" as I recall. They could share tons about balancing celebrity and parenthood. Be careful Mike :) but enjoy.. (she's not likely to ever tell you everything about you-know-what because she wouldn't want to seem like a ___ in your eyes so be extremely careful. :D and (again I say) enjoy.

Last edited:

OMG Sharon Stone is like, the hottest woman ever to hit planet Earth!

She maybe 50, but still beautiful and supersexy. I still have the hots for her 16yrs or so after Basic Instinct.

I don't think Pamela is a bad person, I don't have anything against her BUT MICHAEL 'N PAMELA DOESN'T MATCH AT ALL :bugeyed :swoon:
I get what your saying, but I would'n't say that myself as they could have a lot in common.

LOL.

Please. Let's not go there and say that they are "dating". LOL. BARF!! Maybe they are hanging out. Let's just hope that is the case.

Also, Kid Rock (rocker) had a lot of issues with Pam. If I was Mike, I would call him on the phone just in case. The way Pam burn Kid Rock was so wrong. Just wrong.

I always wanted Mike to be with a woman that has class. Like model Veronica Webb or actress Michael (yes, that is her name) Michelle. The actress Rae Dawn Chong (who was in movie "The Color Purple") and Jasmine Guy ("A Different World" who is now separated from her husband.) would also be great choices.

err that pamela anderson story is total bullcrap. i cant believe some fans fell for that. just take a sec and take a look at the source (mirror:a stupid tabloid) and then make up ur mind about the story.

She maybe 50, but still beautiful and supersexy. I still have the hots for her 16yrs or so after Basic Instinct.

I get what your saying, but I would'n't say that myself as they could have a lot in common.

^ I agree.they may have much to talk about, much in common - one simple thing being the fact that there is much more to each of them (as a person and as a celeb) than meets the eye. It can be helpful to have someone else to be "misunderstood" with or someone else to be "overscrtutinized" with, or someone else to be falsly "labled" with etc. as each of them gets to know the real person. He probably has many celeb friends he can relate to on those topics.

I just want Mike to be careful about intimate liaisons, but I feel very confident that he is an extremely careful type of person in that way, so I don't feel there's anything to worry about.

As far as hanging out, he's doing what we all do, which is roam the earth freely. Just because she's a "blonde bombshell" people don't have to automatically make that "mean" something. She is a person, who's probably interesting (imagine the stories they can trade! they probably talk endlessly!) and is getting Mike out of the house. Good. He probably can use a break. If its a series of dates that were "prearranged" by her, which he agreed to, then it seems like a bit of a "vacation" for him of sorts, well deserved, because I personally get the feeling he's been working his butt off. . . watching cartoons in between.

Michael Jackson hangs out with Anderson?

Michael Jackson has reportedly enjoyed private meetings with Pamela Anderson.

Jackson agreed to meet the former Playboy model for a string of dates in Malibu, reports The Mirror.

"It was all arranged by their people in total secrecy, very cloak and dagger," said a source.

"They arrived separately at the Shutters Hotel on Malibu Beach so no-one would suspect anything, and then had a few drinks in the bar."

The insider continued: "They were very chatty. Pamela was being her usual flirty self and Michael seemed to be responding. They are such a strange couple but they seemed to really hit it off.

"They chatted about Michael turning 50, his new album, their kids. And he seemed genuinely interested in Pamela."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a128663/michael-jackson-hangs-out-with-anderson.html

rumours will never stop.. but give me rumours like this ANY DAY.. over the others the media comes it...

loving it... you go Michael!

State of Shock: I see what you are saying and I like the fact that no matter who it is, MJ is out there hanging out with people. I just hope that all they are doing is hanging out and nothing else. The woman, and this is based on Kid Rock who was married to her, has some issues and how she treat Kid Rock wrong is something that give me a bad taste in my mouth.

However, regardless of who it is, it is a story that I want to know more about. I would be lying if I am saying that I do not care to know. These are two celebrities that have been misunderstood and trashed in the media and maybe they are connecting in that way. Kinda like Bobby Brown and Maureen McComick when they were on the reality show "Gone Country". These two are from very different words, but once they got to knwo one another, they were the best of friends. So, hopefully, it is a friendship like that. Notice I said friendship and not anything else.

BTW, yes, Pam does have Hep C, but what does that have to do with the story? It seems like her and Mike are just hanging out talking. According to the article, MJ agreed to met with her. He could have judge her and said, "hell no" but we all know Mike is no where near a judgemental person. Something that I just can't be. Pam could have very well said, "eww, why" but she messed with Tommy Lee so she knows she can't go there with Mike. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back