Michael Jackson's Business Empire Rebuilt

StarTrader

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's Business Issues

Michael Jackson's people did not only resolve his legal issues, but rebuilded his financial empire as well.

Below you may see an overview of Jackson's known business entities:

MANAGEMENT

Name: MJJ Legacy LLC
Profile: Management (Newly established, exact profile still unknown, accounting firm: Holthouse, Carlin & Van Trigt LLP, legal firm: Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP)
Established: 9-22-2008

Name: MJJ Productions LLC and Inc.
Profile: Management (Old company, re-activated for copyright reasons)
Established: Re-activated on 07-31-2008 (10-30-1979)

Name: Michael Jackson Co. LLC
Profile: Management (Established in the "Raymone Bain era", it's future is still unknown)
Established: 06-13-2006

MUSIC PRODUCTION

Name: MJJ Kingdom LLC
Profile: Music production (Newly established, exact profile still unknown, headed by Peter M. Lopez from Kleinberg Lopez Lange Cuddy Edel & Klein LLP, legal firm: Robin C. Gilden from Reish Luftman Reicher & Cohen LLP)
Established: 08-08-2008

Name: MJJ Music Inc. (Joint venture with Sony)
Profile: Music label
Established: 17-09-1997

Name: MJJ Records LLC
Profile: Music label
Established: 08-15-1997

VIDEO PRODUCTION

Name: MJJ Ventures Inc.
Profile: Video production (Old company, re-activated for copyright reasons)
Established: 2-26-1991

LICENSING

Name: MJ Licensing LLC
Profile: Licensing
Established: 10-10-2003 (Re-activated on 04-18-2007)

Name: Triumph International Inc.
Profile: Licensing
Established: 07-19-1982

PUBLISHING

Name: MiJac Music Inc. (under Waner-Tamerlane Publishing)
Profile: Publishing
Established: 1979

Name: Sony ATV Music Publishing LLC
Established: 11-02-1995

Name: MJ ATV Publishing Trust (Jackson's 50% stake in Sony ATV Music Publishing LLC)
Established: 02-09-1999

Name: MJ Publishing LLC (Jackson's 100% stake in Mijac Music Inc.)
Established: 11-30-1998

Name: New Horizon Trust
Established: 02-10-2006

Name: New Horizon Trust II.
Established: 11-09-2007

Name: New Horizon Trust III.
Established: 11-13-2007

Name: Sony MJ Music Publishing LLC
Established: 11-02-1995

Name: MJ Sony Music Trust
Established: 1995

PROPERTIES

Name: Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC
Profile: Properties
Established: 07-15-2008

Source: http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2008/12/michael-jacksons-business-issues.html

OMG! It means that Michael has a lot of unknown companies and he'll have a lot of money from them 0_0

Does anyone know if he gets money from these companies?

Name: New Horizon Trust II.
Established: 11-09-2007

More Info on "New Horizon Trust II"
Signal Hill acted as sole agent and advisor to Michael J. Jackson
in connection with the refinancing of indebtedness secured by
certain music publishing assets.

http://www.shcg.com/transaction.aspx?id=tr40

I think MJ has more properties, Syncamore is just the biggest one I guess.

Does not surprise me in the least!! He has Londel Mcmilan now, the guy that brought *Prince* back from nowhere!!

He single handely gave Prince advise and sorted out deals etc to make him a force to be reckoned with again. Londel is widely known is buisness as being the pinnacle of a music attorny!! Paramount in the entertainment buisness nowadays.

Terry

guys something's happening soon if he's setting these music and video companies up. and a joint one with sony? something will happen soon!

all these companies have been around for ages. it doesnt mean anything. its not new news its just showing a list all his companies put together. alot were created when he refinanced to protect assets over the last couple of years.

its not new news

To be fair, I knew about some of the business ventures and publishing establishments, but some of the things are new to me, like the New Horizon Trust ones and the New Horizon Trust part 2. So, in part, some of the news is new to me.

Amazing stuff!!! Thanks for this list!

Michael is so smart! Damn!

It's a list of companies. Some active, some gone. I fail to see the 'rebuilding' of a business empire in this listing. Maybe there is, but then you should really eleborate a bit more.

I suspect a lot of these are set up for tax purposes, allowing him to move assets around. Still look good though eh?

Dosen't he still own the house in Encino where his mother lives?

Yeah, but that is not part of the list on the thread. That is different.

It's a list of companies. Some active, some gone. I fail to see the 'rebuilding' of a business empire in this listing. Maybe there is, but then you should really eleborate a bit more.

It is confusing trying to pinpoint him "rebuilding" his business other than just showing what's still active and what's inactive now.

All I can say about the "list" is that with Londell McMillian in the mix, everything on that list, most likely has a place in MJ's long and short ranged plans. Londell ain't no joke when it comes to putting a house in order.

And that, in my opinion, is a very good thing.

re building interms of the trusts like horizon and the management ones.

Just in case anyone is curious what LLC or INC. means....

Limited Liability = Owner can lose no more than the amount invested.

LLC - Limited Liability Company = Organization form that combines select features of a corporation and a limited partenership; privides limited liability to its members (owners), is free of business tax, and allows members to actively participate in management.

Incorporation (abbreviated Inc. in U.S. and Canadian business names) is the forming of a new corporation (a corporation being a legal entity that is effectively recognised as a person, albeit a fictitious one, under the law). The corporation may be a business, a non-profit organization, sports club or a government of a new city or town. This article focuses on the process of incorporation; see also corporation.

Under the Law :
Protection of personal assets, Safeguarding personal assets against the claims of creditors and lawsuits. Sole proprietors and general partners in a partnership are personally and jointly responsible for all the liabilities of a business such as loans, accounts payable, and legal judgements. In a corporation, however, stockholders, directors and officers typically are not liable for their company's debts and obligations. They are limited in liability to the amount they have invested in the corporation (eg: If $100 in stock was purchased, no more than $100 can be lost). Corporations and Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) may hold personal assets like houses, cars or boats. If one is personally involved in a lawsuit or bankruptcy, these assets may be protected. A creditor of the owner of a corporation or LLC cannot seize the assets of the company; however, they can seize their ownership shares in the corporation, as that is considered a personal asset.

Transferable ownership. Ownership in a corporation or LLC is easily transferable to others, either in whole or in part.
  • Retirement funds. Retirement funds and qualified retirements plans, such as a 401(k), may be established more easily.
  • Taxation. In the United States, corporations are taxed at a lower rate than individuals. Also, they can own shares in other corporations and receive corporate dividends 80% tax-free. There are no limits on the amount of losses a corporation may carry forward to subsequent tax years. A sole proprietorship, on the other hand, cannot claim a capital loss greater than $3,000 unless the owner has offsetting capital gains.
  • Raising funds through sale of stock. Capital from investors can be raised for corporations easily through the sale of stock.
  • Durability. A corporation is capable of continuing indefinitely. Its existence is not affected by the death of shareholders, directors, or officers of the corporation.
  • Credit rating. Regardless of an owner's personal credit scores, corporations acquire their own credit rating, and build a separate credit history by applying for and using corporate credit.
Information gathered from Fundimentals of Accounting & Wikipedia...

Knowledge Is Growth...

its the ranch. theres been enough stories about it lol

Back