Embedding your face in the music

arXter

Proud Member
i was browsing through a topic which discussed Prince, The Beatles and Funkadelic's backmasking and whatnot (which is lyk soooo 1950s omgz ugh! =P) and it made me think of this 1999 track from one of my favourite electronic artists, and one of the most awesomely arrogant beings, Aphex Twin.

he basically created a piece which when put through a spectrograph, you'd get a picture of his face in the resulting spectrogram:

zk2tld.png

Aphex Twin
160d9hc.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windowlicker

(and yes, that formula is the track name)

Question: Is that an actual formula?

Also.....that is crazy, and I've never heard of such thing! You always show me the coolest things!

Question: Is that an actual formula?
yep, that's the algorithm used to create the effect, lol.

here's the cover of the single where the track above came from, and the title track below is his most commercially-known work which is probably the closest to 'pop' he's ever gotten. he's a genius, not because of this novelty trick, but for all his significant work over the years.

21lpjle.jpg

Aphex Twin
Windowlicker

Dude could have two baby feet growing out his front teeth and you'd still say that. :rollin:

Looks more like an ass taped to a chest......blech. Besides, the looks are ALL in the face.

Anyways, I always knew that I was never good at math in any form. Even when it's fused with music...and math is very much apart of music.....I still don't like it, lol!

Back