Legally changing my last name!

His confessions

Proud Member
I've strongly considering changing my last name to Jackson, I've been introducing myself as Jackson since 98 though but never really fully on paper, thinking of really doing it. It's time for me to do something about this.... I need to.

Have you ever considered changing your last name to Jackson?

Never once crossed my mind. That was Michael's surname, not mine. I wear my surname as a chain around my neck

Noooo, but in the future if I have a son I think I'll make Jackson part of his name

lol interesting idea..
but uhm wouldnt fit as jackson is an english/american name.. if u know what i mean o_O and for ur country (and mine) it wouldnt fit i guess..

well instead of changing your last name, you can make jackson your nickname. I personally love my last name.

I hate my last name and I fully DESPITE the fact I have it, I am NOT proud of it one bit.... I'm gonna look this up for real cause I don't to use my last name anymore..... I never tell people what it is and shrug if I have to

i wanna change my surname too but its just too much hassel

I would change it to something crazy like "Gorlok".

I've seriously thought of changing my last name to Jackson too. LOL.

I can understand that if you dont like your last name, thats fair enough. I find it a bit weird if people want to just do it anyway though :S Just my opinion.

Never thought about it myself but i do understand it when people do so. At work one of our tasks is to add people to our system. And sometimes i really feel sorry for people coz some people really have such wierd last names (or even first names, don't understand the parents on that one). It's good for a laugh but sometimes we are really like OMG is that for real?!:bugeyed And then we check and mostly it is real:no:

At work we even keep a list of the most crazy names we come across. We really wonder who came up with such wierd last names centuries ago.

I never thought about doing that. I never really did care that much for my last name. But I do however love the fact that it has 7 letters in it and it ends with an N just like Michael's last name. And I have been trying to get my mother to stop using my first name Jennifer and have her start calling me by my middle name which is Marie. That way my first 2 initials would be MJ instead of JM. I would love it even more if I could have my name leagally change to Michaela Josephine Jackson. But my mother would never allow me to have that done.

hhmmm,this is interesting but, no I have never thought of changing my last name to Jackson. i guess that is just one of the many things that made Michael so special,it was HIS name and not mine I would never want to take anything away from Michael that made him special. :) It wouldnt make me anymore special just because I changed my last name to his. Unless of course, I married him and then boy oh boy that would off been a whole different story.....lol

On my moms side her families last name is actually Jackson. So every September I get a letter in the mail for the "Jackson & (Other family name) Family reunion, makes me smile. lol Of course I have my fathers surname, but that no complaints I like my name =)

Never, I love my last name. But if you feel you need to change yours go for it! :)

I completely support you for changing your last name...if I were from an English speaking territory, I would do it myself. it's no big deal, it's got nothing to do with (dis)respect towards your family...

I remember when I was younger dreaming of marrying Michael and writing Shayla Jackson all over my notebook back in high school. lol

alot of people change their names, if thats what you want to do, do it. whether its a stage name or simply a name change in general.
but dont let other people tell you how want to be perceived if they start talking, its your life, and your name is a big part of it.

Of course I would NEVER!, personally (for many reasons). But if you want to, than do it. It would actually be pretty cool :)

If I have a son I'll name him Michael. I love that name because of MJ :)

Marilyn Monroe.. your siggy is just adorable. I cant stop staring hehe
lol Michael in the water, having fun.. so cute!

Back