Daily News - August 12, 2009 -NEW SONG on This is It Soundtrack-

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Cliplets of links to the 'news' of the day.

michael-jackson-1979.jpg

The Guardian of MJ's wall...

Jam! Showbiz -
New York-Some people would do anything in honor of Michael Jackson. Take Haitian artist Derrol Cayard, 53 years old. Hard to find a more dedicated fan. ...

Guardian appointed to represent Michael Jackson's children in ...

Los Angeles Times -
A judge has tapped a partner at a downtown Los Angeles law firm specializing in probate matters to serve as a special guardian for Michael Jackson's ...

Investigators search Las Vegas pharmacy in Michael Jackson's death

Los Angeles Times -
Drug Enforcement Administration agents are assisting the LAPD in executing a search warrant at a Las Vegas pharmacy tied to the Michael Jackson death ...

Michael Jackson Hits To Be Remixed By Neptunes, Dallas Austin, More

MTV.com - Jayson Rodriguez -
Michael Jackson: The Remix Suite will feature retooled versions of Jackson 5 songs and solo hits. By Jayson Rodriguez Michael Jackson inspired a slew of ...

LL Cool J Releases Michael Jackson Tribute 'Billie Jean Dream'

MTV.com - Shaheem Reid - Picture Michael Jackson rolling. LL Cool J raps from the perspective of the King of Pop on a new freestyle that came out Monday called "Billie Jean Dream ...

michael-jackson-300a011807.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History

2004 - Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson filed a motion that requested to publicize the findings of the investigation into allegations that Michael Jackson had been "manhandled" after being arrested for investigation of child molestation. The request was rejected.

Re: Daily News - August 12, 2009

Guns N Roses Voted Best Guitar Riff Of All Time

Guns N Roses has topped a recent poll of the Greatest Guitar Riffs of all time with their 1987 hit song, "Sweet Child O' Mine." The poll received 5,000 votes and saw Eric Clapton come in second with the classic song, "Layla." Aerosmith came in third with their staple, "Walk This Way," Michael Jackson came in fourth with his song, "Beat It" and Motorhead rounded off the top five with the heavy metal anthem, "Ace Of Spades."

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=47165&comments=1

On the Michael Jackson front, the King of Pop once again topped the all-encompassing Top Comprehensive Charts as Number Ones sold another 98,000 copies. However, this week marked the first time since Jackson’s death on June 25th that an album in the singer’s catalog failed to sell more than 100,000 copies.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...ugarlands-weak-week-is-enough-for-number-one/

Well that must be really disapointing he only 98,000 LOL.

For Michael Jackson estate, the money is already rolling in

04:00 PM PT, Aug 12 2009

Michael Jackson’s estate is poised to double the performer’s net worth by the end of this year with earnings of $200 million, according to a longtime associate and co-administrator of the performer’s affairs.

In an interview today, entertainment attorney John Branca said that deals hammered out in the seven weeks since Jackson’s death -- including a film project, merchandising deals and other agreements -- had brought $100 million to the estate. Two of those deals are still awaiting court approval.

The revenue will go into a trust that benefits Jackson’s mother, two sons and daughter and charities that help children.

Branca began representing Jackson in 1980, but the pair parted in 2006. Jackson rehired Branca on June 17, eight days before the entertainer’s death, during a meeting in which they discussed an array of projects, including Broadway show, a movie, a coffee table book and a major charity event that they hoped would attract Oprah Winfrey and Michelle Obama's participation.

Branca also said a new Jackson song would be included on a soundtrack from the Sony Pictures film of Jackson's rehearsals, to be released in October. He said Jackson left about 60 new recordings -- enough to support multiple albums in coming years. Branca also said the estate had no plans to sell its 50% stake in the lucrative catalog of songs by the Beatles and others that it owns with Sony Corp; he thought the relationship between the estate and Sony would remain about the same.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...n-estate-the-money-is-already-rolling-in.html

Last edited:

[SIZE=+2]Houston man learns credit problem could be due to Jackson's doctor

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]06:08 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]By Rucks Russell / 11 News[/SIZE] HOUSTON—A Houston man has been swept up into the firestorm surrounding the death of Michael Jackson, and he says his social security number might be the reason why. “It’s surreal and kind of unbelievable,” said Robert Carter, at his northwest Houston home.
For years, Carter says he’s had problems with his credit but only recently started to figure out why.
“I was watching the news and saw a reporter about Jackson’s doctor. That’s when I knew.”
Jackson’s personal physician was Dr. Conrad Murray. It turns out his social security number is identical to Carter’s except for one digit. Carter says when he applied for a car loan once he was turned down. He was told he had a bankruptcy on his credit.
“I just didn’t understand it because I had never filed bankruptcy,” Carter said.
A public data search reveals a bankruptcy filing for Doctor Murray from 1992. Carter’s social security number was also on the document. Both men’s names also appear on a social trace using Carter’s social security number.
A local activist brought the information to the attention of Murray’s attorneys.
“We just want to clear things up by speaking with their client to get his take on things, “said Erskin Hill, the president of Houston-based All People for Justice.
Attorney Ed Chernoff, who represents Murray, released the following statement: “Why would Conrad Murray in the hopes of extinguishing his dept use anyone else’s social security number? This is either a mistake, a typo or fraud. And if it’s fraud, it was not committed by Conrad Murray.”
For now, Carter just wants to have a clean credit report. “That way I can put this behind me,” he said.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou090812_mp_ssn-conroy-carter.d40d839d.html

LL Cool J Releases Michael Jackson Tribute 'Billie Jean Dream'

MTV.com - Shaheem Reid - Picture Michael Jackson rolling. LL Cool J raps from the perspective of the King of Pop on a new freestyle that came out Monday called "Billie Jean Dream ...

here are some the lyrics from LL CooJ's song...he said Michael wrote it for him in his dream.....

Cool J raps over Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" beat.
"Number one in the world, imagine how it feels to hit up Sony for a billion on a deal," the Queens legend rhymes. "Buy out the Beatles, tell Paul to chill / Too live to talk, y'all read it in my will/... There's one King of Pop, nothing else poppin' off, comparing him to me, oh, please knock it off/ All of y'all emanating from one source/ Try to imitate it, but you can't pull it off.
"Hold my umbrella, give me some support," LL adds. "While I dance on the roof of the truck after court/ Can't pull me down, I don't know what y'all thought."

Guns N Roses Voted Best Guitar Riff Of All Time

Guns N Roses has topped a recent poll of the Greatest Guitar Riffs of all time with their 1987 hit song, "Sweet Child O' Mine." The poll received 5,000 votes and saw Eric Clapton come in second with the classic song, "Layla." Aerosmith came in third with their staple, "Walk This Way," Michael Jackson came in fourth with his song, "Beat It" and Motorhead rounded off the top five with the heavy metal anthem, "Ace Of Spades."

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=47165&comments=1

Cool! I can understand "Sweet Child of Mine" being voted number one, but it is only because the voters are not familiar with "Give in to Me"--same guitarist (Slash of course). GITM has number one place in my "guitar-riff-ometer" with "Sweet Child of Mine" coming in second, and "Beat It" somewhere close behind.

I like that story about the new song on the soundtrack. Hopefully it's true! If Branca really said that then it most likely is accurate.

I thought michael would have left much more than 60 songs. If it is 60 then I hope they release an album of 10 new songs every four years, it's how michael usually did

Did yall see Miley Cyrus paying tribute to Michael in her new song/video? It's a really cute little song. She performed the song at the Kid's Choice awards and grabbed a fedora when she got to the "Michael" part of the song.

About the new song on the soundtrack, that means their is a possibility Michael performed a new song at the rehearsals.

Branca also said a new Jackson song would be included on a soundtrack from the Sony Pictures film of Jackson's rehearsals, to be released in October. He said Jackson left about 60 new recordings -- enough to support multiple albums in coming years. Branca also said the estate had no plans to sell its 50% stake in the lucrative catalog of songs by the Beatles and others that it owns with Sony Corp; he thought the relationship between the estate and Sony would remain about the same.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...n-estate-the-money-is-already-rolling-in.html

YESSS! Thanks for the news :clapping:

What do they mean by Soundtrack, they`re releasing the movie to cinemas AND a CD? Great news about the new song, it`ll make me cry for more than one reason, I miss you Michael

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11234

cool! I can understand "sweet child of mine" being voted number one, but it is only because the voters are not familiar with "give in to me"--same guitarist (slash of course). Gitm has number one place in my "guitar-riff-ometer" with "sweet child of mine" coming in second, and "beat it" somewhere close behind.

thats very right

Back