THIS IS IT new song 43 seconds

Michael has always had plenty of elegance in his voice.
And too, it doesnt bother me what year it's from, tho it does
sound more recent than the 80's or 90's.

Oh trust me I know, Michaels voice has always been elegant since he was a child, but what I mean by elegance this time, is just the way he says certain things, he just sounds more profound and more elder than he does in previous recordings. I also believe it doesn't matter when it was recorded, but I feel we're all free to discuss how we feel about it without turning this into a "who's right and who's wrong discussion". But am I the only one who hears the slightly different tone in his voice?

And Arty, the song info says that the song was registered during the 80's yes, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been remastered and re-recorded, no one is lying to anyone, we are all just stating what we feel and think, that wouldn't be fair to anyone on this board if we all were forced to share the same viewpoint as Arty. Its also not nice calling people liars, when most of us have a working set of ears, knock on wood, and we hear what we want.

I've been a fan of MJ since thriller and only got into his older stuff once I got older, and I'd like to think that I know MJ well enough to notice a vocal change from the 80's to the 00's.

Of course it is from the 80s if you hear recent MJ in the song it is just imagination running wild and this is typical human.
People wish for something and than the imagination starts working.

to quote MJsPYT1

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black!!!!:smilerolleyes:

what proof do you have it's the '80s track? Rolling stone quoted insiders stating the track is from the Dangerous sessions.

Oh trust me I know, Michaels voice has always been elegant since he was a child, but what I mean by elegance this time, is just the way he says certain things, he just sounds more profound and more elder than he does in previous recordings. I also believe it doesn't matter when it was recorded, but I feel we're all free to discuss how we feel about it without turning this into a "who's right and who's wrong discussion". But am I the only one who hears the slightly different tone in his voice?

I've been a fan of MJ since thriller and only got into his older stuff once I got older, and I'd like to think that I know MJ well enough to notice a vocal change from the 80's to the 00's.

Gotcha. ;)
And aint nothing wrong with an opinion...unless of course it
creates havoc. In which case, we move on. :)
But then, this is only 43 seconds.
I kid. :D

Of course it is from the 80s if you hear recent MJ in the song it is just imagination running wild and this is typical human.
People wish for something and than the imagination starts working.
Excuse me, Arty. No fans here have blasted anyone else for hearing what they hear and in the same way, I do not appreciate reading comments like "lies" or "just imagination running wild" or "typical human".
What are you saying? Watch how you come across because it is unecessarily offensive.

I personally have no preference whether it's from the 80s or whether it's recent so don't go around saying we're delusional because we hear something you can't or accusing fans for hearing something because we "wish" to hear it.

Guys, I'm sorry to post something negative like this in such a happy topic but I had to say it.

I love It! For some reason I didnt think I would. But I do love it!

:)

I think that what we've heard is a great melody and I love the orchestral arrangement. But I'm disappointed that this "new" song turned out to be an old song from 1991 that Michael actually wrote for someone else. It kind takes away from the excitement of hearing this "new" song when we now know there's already been a recorded and released version of the song around for 18 years.

1) The song was written in 80s
2) Vocals are old
3) This song is previously released by another artist

One word: Sony -.-

This song has diffrent lyircs than Sa-Fire's one.Has anyone noticed this till now?:D

I like it so far. I caanot wait to hear the whole thing.

I love the background instruments. Is that the orchestra?

It sounds like he is singing

'Im the light of the worldddddd

feel my graaaaaaaaan'

wow sounds amazing! can't wait to listen to the whole song! i just keep replaying those 44 seconds! haha

Where is the Countdown?? How many hours left till we hear the whole song??

A new MJ song without a countdown?? Where is the Hype??

wow sounds amazing! can't wait to listen to the whole song! i just keep replaying those 44 seconds! haha

where did you hear this version? i've only heard the 43 second one... is the extra second any good? :p

Am i the only one who thinks that this song is nothing more than a demo of a song that michael gave to a singer back in 1991, it was a minor hit. It had a different name then too.

It seems to me that this song probably wasnt even called this is it, those words arent in the chorus of the song they are just mentioned at the beginning, i think myself sony have just searched back through his demos, found this and called it this is it and hyped it up when its really not that great of a song.

I love many, many michael songs and am a big fan of him but this is nothing more than sony generating as much revenue as they possibly can!

Hmm I think I know why... please...post ..your 3 favourite MJ ballads...

Speachless
Man in the Mirror
Stranger in Moscow

I still think This Is It sounds ehh

If Michael didn't think the song was good enough to put on his Dangerous album I can see why if the whole song doesn't turn out too well.

I liked the song so far and I just set my alarm clock so i can listen to the premiere. But I'm thinking of switching it off. I mean after the premiere we hear it countless times for sure.

whew we're back!!! haven't been able to log in at all today!

it's okay from the first ten seconds I've heard. his voice sounds like it's from the Invincible era though... or later.

btw, I haven't read through the thread but does anyone have a working link though? I can't find any. all of them seemed to have been taken down. I guess Sony's got interns working their a**es off :lol:

Back