MJJC Legacy Project - Media Advocacy E-Mail Alert System

MJJLaugh

Proud Member
banner2gl.png

A huge part of preserving, honoring and protecting Michael's legacy is to combat one by one, any media outlets that refuse to portray him with the respect and dignity that he deserves. For a long time now we have been outraged by the disgusting lies and half truths used to promote the media's agenda in bringing down Michael and his legacy. Now is the time we need to act!

The MJJC Legacy Project team has initiated an email alert system and we want you to join us in campaigning for truthful, fair and positive reporting to keep his legacy alive for now and for generations to come, so everybody can discover the magic that is Michael!

So how will it work?
You can get involved by alerting Maria MJ, Windy09 or MJJLaugh when you come across something in the media you think is an unfair, unaccurate account of anything to with Michael Jackson.
An email alert will then be sent out on a mailing list to everyone who signs up here so we can bombard these outlets with well written, non-hysterical, comprehensive complaints that we hope will make a change to how Michael is portrayed by the general media.
Similarly, if we come across positive media coverage, we will send letters of thanks and praise, in the hope this will encourage publications to do this again in the future.
Contact details of the media house and template letters will be sent out in the emails which you may feel free to add to or elaborate on, but we cannot stress enough that we want to come across as sophisticated and intelligent so as to be taken seriously. We will also be available to help you or look over emails before you send them if you would like!
Update September 2010: from now on we will provide the e-mail alert group a list of bullet points from which each member can draft their own response, in the form of a letter, e-mail or comments on the website. The reason for this is that we do not want to send the same letter hundreds of times. We hope to be far more effective by carefully creating our own individual, yet dignified responses!

How do I get involved?
Simply send us an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com telling us your name, MJJC username and e-mail address to be added to the mailing list. In doing so you are signing up to be alerted when we as a community feel the media has reported unfairly towards Michael and his legacy inviting you to join us in action against it. It is time we stood up for Michael as a group strong enough to fight and make Michael proud.

Environmental Tips
-Purchase lesser used items (lawnmover, large ladder) together with neighbors
- Buy products in bulk rather than single prepackaged items
- Use pump spray and stick deoderant rather than the pressurized pack spray cans
- Recycle old pillows; use the stuffing (after washing?) for toys or throw cushions, use the stuffing to make a new, soft pillow firm
- Consider purchasing fair trade products when you do your holiday shopping

None of us can predict when the causes we support will capture the public imagination, and our once-lonely quests become popular crusades. - Paul Rogat Loeb

Last edited:
Re: MJJC Legacy Project - E-Mail Alerting System

Fabulous! Great work as always. :D We can make a difference if we all stand together!

Sending my info :)

Last edited:

banner2gl.png

A huge part of preserving, honoring and protecting Michael's legacy is to combat one by one, any media outlets that refuse to portray him with the respect and dignity that he deserves. For a long time now we have been outraged by the disgusting lies and half truths used to promote the media's agenda in bringing down Michael and his legacy. Now is the time we need to act!

The MJJC Legacy Project team has initiated an email alert system and we want you to join us in campaigning for truthful, fair and positive reporting to keep his legacy alive for now and for generations to come, so everybody can discover the magic that is Michael!

So how will it work?
You can get involved by alerting Memefan, Windy09 or MJJLaugh when you come across something in the media you think is an unfair, unaccurate account of anything to with Michael Jackson.
An email alert will then be sent out on a mailing list to everyone who signs up here so we can bombard these outlets with well written, non-hysterical, comprehensive complaints that we hope will make a change to how Michael is portrayed by the general media.
Similarly, if we come across positive media coverage, we will send letters of thanks and praise, in the hope this will encourage publications to do this again in the future.
Contact details of the media house and template letters will be sent out in the emails which you may feel free to add to or elaborate on, but we cannot stress enough that we want to come across as sophisticated and intelligent so as to be taken seriously. We will also be available to help you or look over emails before you send them if you would like!

How do I get involved?
Simply send us an email to legacymjjc@hotmail.com telling us your name, MJJC username and e-mail address to be added to the mailing list. In doing so you are signing up to be alerted when we as a community feel the media has reported unfairly towards Michael and his legacy inviting you to join us in action against it. It is time we stood up for Michael as a group strong enough to fight and make Michael proud.

Environmental Tips
-Purchase lesser used items (lawnmover, large ladder) together with neighbors
- Buy products in bulk rather than single prepackaged items
- Use pump spray and stick deoderant rather than the pressurized pack spray cans
- Recycle old pillows; use the stuffing (after washing?) for toys or throw cushions, use the stuffing to make a new, soft pillow firm
- Consider purchasing fair trade products when you do your holiday shopping

None of us can predict when the causes we support will capture the public imagination, and our once-lonely quests become popular crusades. - Paul Rogat Loeb

Hi MJJLaugh, I just wanted to let you know that I'm here and saw this. Thanks for communicating this out. I will be contacting you via PM.

Peace and love,
windy09

"I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart...":angel:

Sounds like a good idea to me. Anything for Michael. :)

Great idea- I've already signed up.

Hello, I've already sended my name and some links that makes me very sad about, I REALLY WANNA JOIN THIS CAUSE!

I love MJ!

Yeah.........now that's what I'm talking about!!

No more Media Mutliation of Michael - EVER!!!

Thanks to my MJBFF Pisces for telling me about this project. Love ya sweetie!!

How do I know if ya'll got my e-mail?

Isn't this a great thing here.. now we fans can do something about all the inaccuracies we've seen all these years. we can speak up and let the truth be known.

Spider Man - we acknowledge the receipt of all emails. If you have not heard from us, we have not heard from you!

Please resend your details: name, user name at MJJC and email address to legacymjjc@hotmail.com!

Amy - thank you for the information you sent via PM! We would be very grateful if you could email us your details, as stipulated above.

I'm on the e-mail alert already...
I wish I be a part of it too , we must stand together for Michael and enviroment !!!

Yes, sorry for the confusion. The address is legacymjjc@hotmail.com.

I will make the change in the original post. Thank you for drawing it our attention.

Spider Man - we acknowledge the receipt of all emails. If you have not heard from us, we have not heard from you!

Please resend your details: name, user name at MJJC and email address to legacymjjc@hotmail.com!

Thanks for responding. I sent another one. Hopefully you guys get it.:angel:

This is a great way to make our voices heard.

Sent my details, good idea to get rid of all the negative press.

So when you do come across something bad will you give us a little run down on what they said exactly?

When you across something good OR bad you can PM MJJLaugh, Memefan or windy09 and they will take it from there!

The email alerts that we will send out will include a 'little run down of what to say'!

Yes we did TheLastTear. I see you sent another article as well. I see you sent the articles, thus I can assume you're signing up for the list? I'll send a reply from the email so you have acknowledgment that we have received your email. Thanks for sending the articles. We'll review them. I'm reading one right now.

"I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart..." :angel:

Have you got my emails?

Yes we did TheLastTear. I see you sent another article as well. I see you sent the articles, thus I can assume you're signing up for the list? I'll send a reply from the email so you have acknowledgment that we have received your email. Thanks for sending the articles. We'll review them. I'm reading one right now.

"I'll never let you part, for you're always in my heart..." :angel:

Yes. I've just read your email :):):)

i sent my details but i have not gotten an email back yet... should i try again? :unsure:

Back