Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video on Thur Dec.10th@7PM [Merged] With Youtube link

Memefan

Proud Member
http://www.40acres.com/

TOMORROW 12/8 - Premiering Michael Jackson's "This Is It" music video directed by Spike Lee right here on 40Acres.com

Check it out later today.

ETA:

Just got word we have to wait til THURS @ 7PM to post Michael Jackson's "This Is It" video. Check back then

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video today

Can't wait! Spike gets all my respect and props for everything positive he's done for Michael's legacy and fans.

Last edited:

Have I missed something? This is the first I've heard of this, I thought the TII music video was the film montage in the TII thread? So Spike Lee has directed an entirely new short film for the song? WOW, this is big news, really looking forward to seeing what he does with it/whether he will incorporate footage of Mike, etc.

Fingers crossed THIS is the TII video they will put on the DVD release :-D

What time in the UK can we expect to see this online?

Spike Lee is an amazing man and I can't wait to see the video! Remember he has done a lot for Michael before in his life, and now he has done a lot for his legacy and fans!

I thought news of a new short film, especially one directed by Spike Lee, would garner a LOT more excitement and therefore thread replies... this is why I feel I'm missing something...?

Cool. Thanks.

Cool news!!!
I'll check the site of course!!
thank you!! :)

Okay, where is it, where is it?! LoL. I'm impatient... =P

I thought news of a new short film, especially one directed by Spike Lee, would garner a LOT more excitement and therefore thread replies... this is why I feel I'm missing something...?

Wow at the negativity.

He announced the release yesterday afternoon. No one knew of this before, and I hadn't had time to post it here.

I am sure MJ fans are excited.

For future reference, you can follow Spike Lee directly on twitter @40acresBrooklyn

I think he has a lot of things plan for MJ.

The This Is It video is on Viva (UK) right now as I'm typing this (for the second time today) I'd never seen it before. I'm guessing this isn't the same one you're talking about.

I wasn't being negative, just expressing my opinion - usually by the time news of a new Short Film (especially one directed by a director as renowned as SL) has been released, within an hour there are pages and pages of thread replies from excited fans.

This news was released 17hours ago (that was when it was tweeted) and I was only the 14th person to retweet the news and the 2nd person to reply to this thread. Hence my suspicions that I'd missed something...

I wasn't being negative, just expressing my opinion - usually by the time news of a new Short Film (especially one directed by a director as renowned as SL) has been released, within an hour there are pages and pages of thread replies from excited fans.

I'm sure people would be excited if Michael was still alive and was a part of creating this new music video. But since he's not, it doesn't feel quite the same as it did in the past.
Well, that's how I feel anyway, not talking on behalf of others here.

Nevertheless, this is very interesting and I'm looking fwd to seeing the video. :)

I'm sure people would be excited if Michael was still alive and was a part of creating this new music video. But since he's not, it doesn't feel quite the same as it did in the past.
Well, that's how I feel anyway, not talking on behalf of others here.

Nevertheless, this is very interesting and I'm looking fwd to seeing the video. :)

I guess you are right, and I understand that. But this is still a positive continuation of his legacy from a renowned director who respects and has worked with MJ in the past.

Thanks for posting! Can't wait to see the video, though it's also sad since Michael is not hereee :(

As I am always getting confused with the time zones... in how many hours will it premiere??

As I am always getting confused with the time zones... in how many hours will it premiere??

There was no mention of the exact time, it just says "check it out later today".

This sounds exciting, but i wonder whether Michael would have made a video for TII, or whether it would have been used at all in the show?! Was there any evidence that this was a song that they would have used, or was it just Sony picking out a song with the same name as the show, hoping that it would tie in?

This sounds exciting, but i wonder whether Michael would have made a video for TII, or whether it would have been used at all in the show?! Was there any evidence that this was a song that they would have used, or was it just Sony picking out a song with the same name as the show, hoping that it would tie in?
Of course not, this song was recorded almost 30 years ago. The estate executors couldnt believe their luck when they found a song called "This Is It", according to themselves, that was the only reason why they chose this song to add to the TII soundrack/Greatest Hits no other reason.
So its safe to say Michael had recorded this song while being in his early 20s and then forget all about it, neither did he have any intentions to re-record and release this.

Im going to keep an eye on this thread :mello:

wow like always i am so far behind it aint funny.

This was just posted on Twitter by 40AcresBrooklyn:

Just got word we have to wait til THURS @ 7PM to post Michael Jackson's "This Is It" video. Check back then 25 minutes ago from web

Thanks for the update Nova!

I want to see it already. Ever since I saw Do the right thing I'va had mad love for Spike. And he did a great job with the two TDCAU so this should be good.

Oooo I can't wait.

Isnt it just a montage of This is It film clips? Ive already seen that one.

Isnt it just a montage of This is It film clips? Ive already seen that one.

No, it's a different one. This is by Spike Lee (he directed TDCAU).

No, it's a different one. This is by Spike Lee (he directed TDCAU).

An actual NEW music video with MJ in? From 2009? :S

Re: Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video on Thru Dec. 10th @ 7PM

oh no I wish tonight : ) Ok im waiting.

Re: Spike Lee will premiere the new 'This is it' video on Thru Dec. 10th @ 7PM

I just love Spike Lee! He got all my respect!
Cant wait to see it.. I havent been able to see it yet :no:

Back