Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction to today's post:

As you all know today was the day of the sentencing of Conrad Murray. What judge Pastor said was so to the point, it hit home so hard that I felt it in my whole being. He was saying what I had been thinking. It made me cry. I thought of Michael and his life that was cut short, unless this was somehow all part of a larger plan that is impossible for us human beings to understand in this moment in time. Michael was all about loving one another and forgiving, he spoke about these things often enough and professed them too. So I wanted to do a post on forgiveness. If you want to hear Michael speak about forgiveness you can listen to his Oxford Speech (again). For now I wanted to bring a smile on your face, first and foremost. Dry your tears, let go of your fears and enjoy the little story below.
~ MJJLaugh

Why Michael has 'bed hair'

316246_319462324730731_207546759255622_1435305_2118435820_n.jpg

per UK Loves MJ

Who is in the pic: And why Michael has 'bed hair'
Marlo Henderson who played guitar on Michael's Off the Wall and History Albums. [Also worked on some J5 albums]

Marlo needed a photo for his resume so he called the studio for permission, then he went to the studio where they were mixing Thriller.He found Michael asleep, as he had been up all night. He shook him and woke Michael up to ask him for the pics. Michael was gracious but said "What!!" He did not want to wake up! However he came out front and took the photo and then went back to sleep. Of the pic Marlo said Michael is looking at me as if to say 'I can not believe this guy actually woke me up to take a picture" but posed for the pic along with his 'bed hair'. Marlo recalls Michael was really 'nice about it'.
Marlo, who lived near Michael, met Michael in 1971 and then again at a local car wash that Michael used to go to every week in Encino and they would meet every Thursday at 2pm for 5 months and chat for hours in a local donut shop whilst the cars were cleaned. Marlo remembers Michael as unpretentious, serious, wanting to break barriers, curious and a prankster. He cherishes the picture as it is so raw.

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...99244678.55980.207546759255622&type=1&theater

Michael Jackson - Challenging Beauty

One of my friends made this video and I think that it is exquisite, heartfelt, sincere, and very lovingly made. If only Michael knew how beautiful he truly was. The beauty of the soul shines through and that was clearly the case with our beloved Michael! Everyone knew that and saw that but him, in some ways, and that's a shame. I just hope that he knew how loved he really was by all of us, be it black or white, on stage or off, shy or exuberant, serious or while joking around and pranking people.

Note to David Nordahl for a commissioned painting

313689_319403371403293_207546759255622_1435143_205111260_n.jpg

This enchanting and whimsical painting, Study for Field of Dreams" is called a 'Study, because it was never truly completed. As David Nordhal told it, "The idea began in May, 1989, and Michael and I continued to work on developing this painting until I finished a study version of it in April, 1993. If we would have gone on and completed this work, it would have been 12 feet high and 38 feet long. I did hundreds and hundreds of drawings for this painting. Some of the children are Michael as a young boy, Janet Jackson, a cousin of Michael’s, Ryan White, Macaulay Culkin, and some of our friends’ children.” To compete the full scale work, Nordhal needed additional artists, but he was unable to secure commitments from qualified painters for the time required.

David Nordahl began sketches for this work, Michael sent him this note: "David, if our kids don't have the truth in heart of expression, then we're dead. It'll be as fake as manufactured flowers with no fragrance ~ not studio shots but kids in real life candid situations We MUST capture the true life spirit of the wonders of childhood. If our picture has a full spectrum of human emotions; belief, truth, heart ~ then the entire world will be touched from generation to generation ~ immortality. Conquer the world ~ Love, MJ” ~ Nordhal says he received many such “stream-of-consciousness” missives from Michael, saying, “Michael always thought big, and he was so eager to be a force for good.”

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...99244678.55980.207546759255622&type=1&theater

Music of the Spheres

48728864.jpg

“Music is a very important and powerful substance, and all the planets in the universe make music. It’s called music of the spheres. They all make a different note; they make harmony. So there’s harmony even in the universe as we speak.”
~ Michael Jackson

This quote by Michael got me curious about the 'music of the spheres'. What was really meant by it ? Does the music of the spheres exist or is it more an euphemism for something else, like a manner of speaking ? When I speak for myself, music has a powerful influence on me; it can make me happy, or sad, melancholic, and sometimes music expresses that which cannot be put into words, but can only be felt by the heart and recognized by the soul. Philosophers have said that everything is energy, a vibration of some frequency, but until its heard, it becomes sound, otherwise it remains energy. I am not so sure whether I agree with this as it sort of stems from the theory that only that which is perceived by our senses is real, and everything else is a dream, illusion or a vibration. Vibrations can be lowly or very high in frequency, just like there are high notes and low notes in music, extended notes and brief notes. Notes placed together form a chord, harmonic or disharmonic and ultimately a symphony or a song is born. We are all notes in the symphony of life, just like the stars or planets carry their own tunes. Just listen to Kepler's Music of the Spheres:

Merucry : http://www.viotti.com/mercury-short.mp3

Venus : http://www.viotti.com/venus-short.mp3

Earth : http://www.viotti.com/earth-short.mp3

Mars : http://www.viotti.com/mars-short.mp3

Jupiter : http://www.viotti.com/jupiter-short.mp3

Saturn : http://www.viotti.com/saturn-short.mp3

Where are You? What are you hearing?

Imagine that you are sitting on the sun. Planets do not orbit you circularly; they do so elliptically. Moreover, as planets approach you, their velocities increase. These observations made by Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) are pivotal to our present-day understanding of the solar system. Kepler dreamed that the planets' movements were of a divine order and that they collectively formed the music of the spheres. He wrote, "the movements of the heavens are nothing except a certain everlasting polyphony." As you listen from the sun, focus on the warbling pitch of the planets--the higher the pitch is, the faster the planet is moving.

“To live is to be musical, starting with the blood dancing in your veins. Everything living has a rhythm. Do you feel your music?”
~ Michael Jackson

“With my music, with what I do, I would like to bring a light into the world.”
~ Michael Jackson

dantespheres.jpg

The Music of the Spheres incorporates the metaphysical principle that mathematical relationships express qualities or ‘tones' of energy which manifest in numbers, visual angles, shapes and sounds – all connected within a pattern of proportion. Pythagoras first identified that the pitch of a musical note is in proportion to the length of the string that produces it, and that intervals between harmonious sound frequencies form simple numerical ratios. In a theory known as the Harmony of the Spheres, Pythagoras proposed that the Sun, Moon and planets all emit their own unique hum (orbital resonance) based on their orbital revolution,and that the quality of life on Earth reflects the tenor of celestial sounds which are physically imperceptible to the human ear.Subsequently, Plato described astronomy and music as "twinned" studies of sensual recognition: astronomy for the eyes, music for the ears, and both requiring knowledge of numerical proportions.

Later philosophers retained the close association between astronomy, optics, music and astrology, including Ptolemy, who wrote influential texts on all these topics. Alkindi, in the 9th century, developed Ptolemy's ideas in De Aspectibus which explores many points of relevance to astrology and the use of planetary aspects.

In the 17th century, Johannes Kepler, also influenced by arguments in Ptolemy’s Optics and Harmonica,compiled his Harmonices Mundi ('Harmony of the World'), which presented his own analysis of optical perceptions, geometrical shapes, musical consonances and planetary harmonies. According to Kepler, the connection between geometry (and sacred geometry), cosmology, astrology, harmonics, and music is through musica universalis.Kepler regarded this text as the most important work of his career, and the fifth part, concerning the role of planetary harmony in creation, the crown of it.His premise was that, as an integral part of Universal Law, mathematical harmony is the key that binds all parts together: one theoretical proposition from his work introduced the minor planetary aspects and harmonics into astrology; another introduced Kepler’s third law of planetary motion into astronomy.

I feel that this world we live in is really a big, huge, monumental symphonic orchestra. I believe that in its primordial form, all of creation is sound and that it's not just random sound, that it's music. You've heard the expression "the music of the spheres"? Well, that's a very literal phrase.
~ Michael Jackson (1992) Ebony Interview, May 1992

art_v1n2hobson_10.jpg

I wake up from dreams and go, 'Wow, put this down on paper.' The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face. And you say to yourself, 'I'm sorry, I just didn't write this. It's there already.' That's why I hate to take credit for the songs I've written. I feel that somewhere, someplace, it's been done and I'm just a courier bringing it into the world. I really believe that. I love what I do. I'm happy at what I do. It's escapism.
~ Michael Jackson (1983)

003943124.jpg

The following website is very interesting with information on octaves, unity and duality. Click . The article is called "The Metaphysics of Music and Harmony" and subjects covered are:
- Octaves in Light, Sound and Time
- Numerology, Cosmic Significance of Numbers
- Unity, Duality, Trinity and other Sacred Numbers
- Polarity of Matter and Spirit
- Man's Place in the Universe and Next Step Forward
- Harmonic Theory in Color, Music, Astrology and Life

Sources:

[url]http://www.viotti.com/kepler.html

http://love4mj.wordpress.com/michael-jackson-quotes-2/

http://mjtranslate.com/en/quotes?category_id=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musica_universalis

Yes, I LOVE Michael Jackson!

Your eyes are a window to my soul, and your smile a million candles to light my way home.You are my heart. Thank you to whoever made the fabulous and heartfelt artwork in the first frame, I hope you don't mind that I used it in my video.
~ MJJLaugh

Jewel encrusted belt - Designed for the Soul Train Music Awards in 1993

390234_319090364767927_207546759255622_1434201_485326539_n.jpg

Jackson helped design this Egyptian-motif, jewel-encrusted belt for the 1993 Soul Train Music Awards. “It’s his style,” Brando says. “He wore it only that one night. It’s quite heavy.” Jackson twisted his ankle in rehearsals and wound up performing Remember the Time from a wheelchair.

386397_319089394768024_207546759255622_1434200_624015001_n.jpg

The inscription notes the makers of the belt Jackson wore to the 1993 Soul Train Music Awards.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D-bHN3v8clI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Jackson Graffitti Around the World

Michael was and still is loved around the world by his millions of fans. We are have our own special way of paying tribute to that special man who always told us he loved us more and who still inspires us to this very day. Some of us take our art on the street! I will include the city, country and artist's name if mentioned.Watch in awe:

omenmjtribute.jpg

In Montreal, Canada by the artist Omen.

Michael+Jackson+w+Krakowie+%2Cgraffiti.jpg

Krakowie, Poland

michael-jackson-graffiti-2.jpg

Not sure where this one is from, but it is excellent!

Michael-Jackson-Graffiti-Mural.jpg

cda28446ba76e80bbe7d420c9bde6be2.jpg

Made by the artist CavaLera

Since I was a little child, I remember to listen to MJ with my dad on his car.
Since I was a little kid, I remember my Daddy teaching me how to perform a perfect MOONWALK.
I can remember of us playin "Moonwalker" game on Mega Drive.
MJ is more than an artist and influence to me. MJ started on me a passion for Music, for Perfectness and Hard Work.

But, more than that, MJ represents for me my friendship between me and my dear old Dad. I'll never forget all the time that I used to spent watching and listening togheter (only us two, becuz my mom and sis never really liked him), of how we used to dance "Moonwalks" around the house.
I'll never forget the day of his Death. I was driving home after work, and than my daddy called on my cellphone and said me:

"Son, Micheal Jackson is dead"
"NO WAY DADDY, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME"
"No dear, I'm not kidding. I wish I was. But I'm not. Mj is dead"

Sundelly I stoped my car. Absorbed the idea. And, inch by inch, the sadness became to dominates me.

I didnt wanted to watch anything after his death on TV. I didn't want to see all the Media talking about him, how great he were, how amazing he's moves were. The SAME FUCKING MEDIA who crucified him years ago. The SAME FUCKING MEDIA that spent lots of years talking bullshits about his appereance, his personal life. All this historys that most people know better than his songs.

But MY Mj isn't dead. His alive on his unforgetable perfomances, in his songs, and even more, on my mind.
Keep his memory alive. Not the man who was dying little by little year after year. But that one who IS THE KING OF THE POP, WHO SOLD 50.000.000 OF THE SAME ALBUM. THAT'S MICHAEL JACKSON.

:bulletblue:3 MJ Srprayed Stencils over a White Latex Base, painted with Paint Rollers.
:bulletblue:Letters made with my Pre-made Stencil Alphabet.
:bulletred: 3,2 m X 3,4m
:bulletred: 10'4" X 11'1"
:bulletyellow: 4 Days cutting the Stencils, another 2 to paint.
CavaLera

Michael-Jackson.jpg

michael_jackson_103323893.jpg

michaeljackson_ycp2.jpg

6052924123_759e1253db_b.jpg

Ceaver, Oakland, California

elvis-graffiti_1863794i.jpg

In England

2zf4s5v.jpg

Graffiti+art+preserves+Michael+Jackson+legacy+in+Gary%252C+Indiana_01.jpg

In Gary, Indiana

There's still so much more fabulous graffitti of Michael out there, I will create another post with new ones in a couple of days. When I look at them I can sense the love and admiration with which they were made. Thank you artists-with-no-name-who-brighten-up-my-day!

The Occupy Movement

Do you ever wonder 'What would Michael have thought of this or that ?' In this case I am referring to the Occupy movement. Isn't it interesting, that in this day and age, all facades are taken away, one by one, and the truth is revealed ? Some truths are ugly, while others shine and radiate in their purity and sincerity. I call it the 'Law of form and essence'. I feel that we are shifting from admiring and focusing on form, we look beyond the superficiality of it all to the essence.

Form is the body, the essence is soul and spirit,
form is a house, essence is a home,
form is a 9-5 job, essence is a hobby or passion,
form is power, essence is fear
form is being rich, essence is security and protection
form is a music sheet, essence is the melody,
form is knowing, essence is understanding
form is a marriage or relationship, essence is love.

I made a video about the injustices that occur everywhere in our world today. It's not about putting one country down in favor of another, or really even about choosing sides, it's about connecting to one another. The second video makes some great statements about that. The third video is a speech in the movie 'The Great Dictator' by Charlie Chaplin, that is remarkably mindful of the Occupy movement of today.

So, what do you think Michael would have thought of the Occupy Movement ?

"Love is the felt experience of connection to another being. An economist says 'more for you is less for me.' But the lover knows that more of you is more for me too. If you love somebody their happiness is your happiness. Their pain is your pain. Your sense of self expands to include other beings. This shift of consciousness is universal in everybody, 99% and 1%." ~ Charles Eisenstein

There are links to many translations underneath this video on YouTube.

Dangerous Album custom made for Michael

376325_319085958101701_207546759255622_1434190_1658231264_n.jpg

To commemorate the Dangerous Tour, Michael Jackson had this album compiled of photos depicting “crowd reaction, him onstage, all his fans,” Miko Brando says. “It was for his personal library. Signs from fans cheering him on; kids, adults, families enjoying the show, stuff he couldn’t see onstage that he wanted to remember later on.”

391989_319085508101746_207546759255622_1434189_578784646_n.jpg

A peek inside the custom fan album that Jackson assembled during the Dangerous Tour. He also amassed mountains of fan letters, some of which will be on view at Michael Jackson Fan Fest in Las Vegas. “He saved all of it,” Brando says. “He looked at most of his fan mail. He’d write back to a lot of them. We have boxes in storage of letters, cutouts, paintings, drawings, photos.”

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...44678.55980.207546759255622&type=1&permPage=1

Michael Jackson - The Hidden Messages the Media Doesn't Show

The video you are about to watch is a compilation of Michael's messages of love, caring for our children, the planet. To see it all put together so expertly and with such dedication, I have to be honest here, it had me crying. I cried because Michael is so genuine, so sincere in his wish to help heal the planet, to show the way in loving unconditionally. And I cried when I heard the part about the Michael Jackson Childrens Hospital of which the first one was to come in New Jersey, with these hospitals all over the world evetually. He stated that was his dream, not a ruse to sell more albums or to promote a concert tour. I couldn't help but think back to the first days of the Conrad Murray manslaughter trial where Michael was taped talking about that dream so close to his heart, a Michael Jackson Childrens Hospital. He stayed focused on his dreams and goals and helped countless people, sick children, bereaved and the poor.
In that sense he is such an inspiration. Because of Michael I started to volunteer for two health organizations, donating money to charity, to the Nature Conservancy. Even with limited means, there is so much we can do: smile at that lonely person, listen to a friend unburdening their problems, visiting a neighbor who lost her husband, we can make a difference, every day, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.

I hope that many media people get to see this video, so they will get to understand the real Michael. And I hope and pray a Michael Jackson Childrens Hospital will be built one glorious day in the future!

Michael Jackson - Jonathan Livingston Seagull

One of Michael's favorite books was 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull', written by Richard Bach in 1972. Later on a movie was made featuring real gulls and with the music of Neil Diamond. But did you know that Don Bluth and Michael worked together on an animated version of this story ? Unfortunately that project fell through.
I can recommend this book, and the movie, to anyone. It's so much more than a story of self-perfection. To me, it's a universal story of a longing of the soul to be free from boundaries, symbolically expressed in Jonathan attempting to fly higher than any seagull has ever flown before. He flies higher but also dangerously low, as fast as he can and as effortlessly as possible. But, by doing so, and not abiding the laws of the Flock and the Elder, Jonathan is an outcast and expelled from the flock. A perfect metaphor for our society where we stimulate people to become the best in their field but at the same time we tend to judge harshly those who do not fit the 'box'. Whose life does that remind you of ?

If you are unfamilair with the story, you can read the plot here

ept_sports_nba_experts-824867458-1246298856.jpg

In a special commemorative edition of TIME on Michael Jackson, Kobe Bryant thinks back on his relationship with the "King of Pop":

"One of the things he always told me was, don't be afraid to be different. In other words, when you have that desire, that drive, people are going to try to pull you away from that, and pull you closer to the pack to be 'normal.' And he was saying, It's O.K. to be that driven; it's O.K. to be obsessed with what you want to do. That's perfectly fine. Don't be afraid to not deviate from that. One of the books that he gave me that helped him communicate with me was "Jonathan Livingston Seagull," which was about that.

Beyond the genius of what he was, he was just a genuinely, genuinely nice person. He got me hooked on movies that I would normally never watch. Fred Astaire movies. All the old classics. I would never, never watch those. I remember my fiancée and I telling him we were getting married, and him just being really excited and actually just offering up the ranch to have our wedding there, because privacy was going to be an issue. We wanted to get married in a church, so that's what we wound up doing. But he made the offer. He was just a genuinely nice person who was exceptionally bright, exceptionally bright, and driven and talented. You mix those things together, man, you have Michael Jackson."

rebel-seagull.jpg

Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.”
&#8213; Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E1cxzydnlhY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Livingston_Seagull

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...yant-remembers-Michael-Jackson?urn=nba-173478

Lights will guide you home, Michael

This video is made in the thought of Michael who deeply fought for love, peace and respect. It was hard for me to make this video, and I do think that it touches something inside, as I hope you think too.
Since I think the song really fits on Michael and his life, I include the lyrics here:

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

When the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

High up above or down below
when you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

and ignite your bones

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

and ignite your bones

Source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyuxI_vKNaU

My Friend Michael Jackson by Joanelle Romero

26682_422648714480_69930529480_4242149_6156813_n.jpg

(In Photos: Joanelle Romero, Sage and Michael)

On June 25th 2009, I was packing and moving out of a house we had lived in for 6 years and an acquaintance phoned me and said Michael Jackson is dead, turn on the TV.I dropped the phone, turned on the television and there it all was, I fainted, no one was home with me. I woke and cried and cried and I am still crying. My heart is so broken; you see Michael was a friend and he believed in me. I’ve known Michael since I was 10 years old, we went to school together at Gardner Street school off of Sunset Blvd, we were in the 6th grade together. I was always invited to go to his house to play, he would swing me in this big tree swing and we would speak of our dreams. Michael asked me to go steady on the steps of Gardener Street school. Two weeks before school ended my mother sent me to live with my dad in NM. I never got to say goodbye to Michael.

One week before Michael left this earth, my son and I were shopping at Nordstrom’s, and we run into Jermaine. I asked him to please tell Michael I needed to see him, that I needed to visit, that it was important and I gave him my new numbers. God works in mysterious ways.

In 1991, I launched my production company, it was 2 weeks old when I received a call from Michaels casting office, asking if I had any American Indian dancers because everyone he had been interviewing wasn’t right. I told them “I have the best dancers in town” I really had no one, however I went to many Pow wows and gathered 30 dancers, one of them being my precious daughter Sage. She was 5 then. Michaels casting office had no idea that Michael and I knew each other. To make a long story short. Director John Landis, cast 5 dancers, my daughter – who was the jingle dress dancer, and four other dancers from the native community here in Los Angeles that I brought in that day.

mjblackorwhiteindiangirl.jpg

sage2.jpg

black-or-white-michael-jackson-music-videos-15316248-330-416.jpg

Michael shot 7 hours of photos of Sage while shooting his video and used her image for his painted angels in his Neverland ranch. We had so much fun while filming. Michael, Sage and I watched “Willie Wonka” 3 times while everybody had to wait on set. Michael took Sage and Nancy Reagan to lunch, he had asked if I wanted to go however I declined for obvious reasons. Many stories to remember …..

We had shot the segment of the native dancers in the studio, then Michael read one of my music video scripts and one week later we were on location re-shooting the native segment out-side. Due to Michael’s insight, he added my production company and shared the press in Entertainment Weekly.

Michael became the leading force in making my company known to the world. It is now an award-winning production company in producing American Indian documentaries and independent films. The 1991 “Black or White” music video and song made history. I was able to negotiate for the American Indian dancers to be paid over and above any dancers on any music video ever, due to the fact they were traditionally dressed (the wardrobe did not come from western costume). To date, they are the highest paid dancers in the music video industry. Also, this segment was the first clip of American Indian dancers in a music video without being a Native American music group/artist.

On our opening night of our 2009 Red Nation Film Festival – A Night of Tribute Awards, we honored Michael Jackson for his “Black or White” Music Video – In Loving Memory of Michael Jackson. I have many personal stories about Michael and that I will keep in my heart forever. I am not going to spend my life being a color, I am a Human Being
– God Bless You MJ
Together we can Heal the world make it a better place.
…..We Love You Michael ……..

mjandsageromero.jpg

Source:

http://mjtheman.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/my-friend-michael-jackson-by-joanelle-romero/

Touched by an Angel

We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.

Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls.

We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love's light
we dare be brave
And suddenly we see
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

thcriminal.gif

Source:

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/touched-by-an-angel/

Michael Jackson - Halo

'Halo' to me is Michael's song. For him, about him, honoring him. Since I love to make videos, I wanted to make a video with Beyonce's great song 'Halo'. Halo is a song that gets under your skin and really move me to tears, I love that song!
I hope you like the video! :heart:

Remembering and honouring Vaclav Havel - Czech president

220px-V%C3%A1clav_Havel_cut_out.jpg

Václav Havel (Czech pronunciation: [&#712;va&#720;t&#865;slaf &#712;&#614;av&#603;l] ( listen)) (5 October 1936 – 18 December 2011) was a Czech playwright, essayist, poet, dissident and politician.

A Nobel Peace Prize nominee,he was the ninth and last president of Czechoslovakia (1989–1992) and the first President of the Czech Republic (1993–2003). He wrote over 20 plays and numerous non-fiction works, translated internationally.

Havel was a founding signatory of the Prague Declaration on European Conscience and Communism, that proposed the establishment of the European Day of Remembrance for Victims of Stalinism and Nazism.He also received the United States Presidential Medal of Freedom, the Philadelphia Liberty Medal, the Order of Canada, the freedom medal of the Four Freedoms Award, the Ambassador of Conscience Award and several other distinctions.

Havel was voted 4th in Prospect magazine's 2005 global poll of the world's top 100 intellectuals.

At the time of his death he was Chairman of the New York-based Human Rights Foundation. Equally, he was the founder of VIZE97 foundation, and the Forum 2000 annual global conference.

Beginning in the 1960s, his work focussed on the politics of Czechoslovakia. After the Prague Spring, he became increasingly active. In 1977, he co-authored the Human Rights charter called Charter 77, which brought him international recognition as the leader of the opposition in Czechoslovakia. Consequently, this led to his persecution by the communist regime, and his repeated imprisonment.

The 1989 Velvet Revolution launched Havel into the presidency. In this role, he led Czechoslovakia and later the Czech Republic in its transition to multiparty democracy. His thirteen years in office saw radical change in his nation, including its split with Slovakia, which Havel opposed, its accession into NATO and the start of the negotiations for membership in the European Union, which was attained in 2004.

<object height="382" width="624"><param name="movie" value="http://www.stream.cz/object/644317-vaclav-havel-a-michael-jackson"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed id="VideoSpot" name="VideoSpot" src="http://www.stream.cz/object/644317-vaclav-havel-a-michael-jackson" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="382" width="624"></object>
Michael invited Vaclav Havel to the openingsconcert of the HIStory tour in 1996.

Some of Vaclav Havel's quotes that show that he was an extraordinary man:

Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good.

Without free, self-respecting, and autonomous citizens there can be no free and independent nations. Without internal peace, that is, peace among citizens and between the citizens and the state, there can be no guarantee of external peace.

Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole.

If we are to change our world view, images have to change. The artist now has a very important job to do. He's not a little peripheral figure entertaining rich people, he's really needed.

Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Václav_Havel

http://www.wisdomcommons.org/author/Vaclav Havel

Christwas Love

I think Michael would have smiled and been touched by the following story, I know was! I hope you will be touched by it as well, as it shows the true spirit of Christmas. Elizabeth Taylor said it too"Christmas is Love, and Love is Michael, so I simply cannot imagine Michael without Christmas".
Blessings to all of you, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Froliche Weihnachten, Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Joyeux Noel! :heart:
~ MJJLaugh

mjchristmas.jpg

"My son, Nicholas, was in Kindergarten. It was an exciting season for a six-year old. For weeks, he'd been memorizing songs for his school's "Winter Pageant."

I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd be working the night of the performance. But, unwilling to miss his shining moment, I spoke with his teacher. She assured me that I could attend the dress rehearsal the morning of the performance. All parents unable to attend that evening were welcome to come then. Fortunately, Nicholas was happy with the compromise.

So, the morning of the dress rehearsal, I filed in ten minutes early, found a seat in the school auditorium and sat down. Around the room, I saw several other parents quietly scampering to their seats. As we waited,
ADVERTISEMENT
the students were accompanied by their teachers and they sat cross-legged on the floor. Then, each group, one by one, rose to the platform to perform their song.

Because our public school system had long stopped referring to the holilday as 'Christmas'...I didn't expect anything other than fun, commercial entertainment - songs of reindeer, Santa Claus, snowflakes, and good cheer. So, when my son's class rose to sing, "Christmas Love," I was slightly taken aback by it's bold title.

Nicholas was aglow, as were all his classmates, adorned in fuzzy mittens, red sweaters, and bright snowcaps upon their heads. Those in the front row-center stage - -held up large letters, one by one, to spell out the title of the song. As the class would sing "C is for Christmas", a child would hold up the letter 'C'. Then "H is for Happy", and on and on, until each child holding up his portion had presented the complete message, Christmas Love."

The performance was going smoothly, until suddenly, we noticed her...a small quiet girl in the front row holding the letter "M"...but it was upside-down. She seemed totally unaware that her letter "M" appeared as a "W".

The audience of 1st through 6th graders snickered at this little one's mistake. But she had no idea they were laughing at her, so she stood tall, proudly holding her "W".

Although the teachers tried to shush the children, the giggling continued until the last letter was raised, and then...we all saw it together! A hush came over the audience and eyes began to widen. In that instant, we understood the reason why we celebrated the holiday in the first place. Why that, even in the chaos, there was indeed a purpose for all the festivities.

For when the last letter was held high, the message read loud and clear:

"C H R I S T W A S L O V E"

And, HE STILL IS!!

Source:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977490206

Thank you Elmira for all the hard work and the wonderful updates. This thread is truly a trust fund in Michael's memory and a testimonial that positive stories about him are endless..
Happy holidays and a prosperous and fulfilling new year.
Much love,
Maria

Michael’s Miracle

thriller_jacket1-125x125.jpg

Friday, June 24th 2011
Michael’s Miracle

Judith Woolworth Donahue and her daughter Kiazmhir bought a bag of clothing for a dime at Vina Moses, Corvallis, Oregon, and found inside a multi coloured jacket that had “M. Jackson 5” inside the collar. Kiazmhir knew at once that the jacket was “really special”. They took it to the Treasure Hunters Roadshow which was appearing in Crescent City at that time, and was told by one of the representatives that with authentication papers the jacket could be worth millions.

This family has had money worries for years so they hope that this discovery may help them financially. Ms. Woolworth Donahue is the great-granddaughter of F.W. Woolworth, who founded the five-and-dime store chain. Kiazmhir Donahue said she doesn’t know exactly how it happened, but her mother grew up wealthy, but “never got a dime of her inheritance.”

A press release from TransMedia Group, a South Florida-based public relations firm retained by Woolworth Donahue, states the jacket has been authenticated by Billy Wilson, president of Motown Alumni Association. According to the press release, the jacket was likely worn by Jackson very early in his career with the Jackson 5 during an appearance on the Wayne Newton Show of the late ’60s or early ’70s. Back then, Michael’s mother Katherine and sister Rebbie were making the costumes for the pop group, the press release states. “When examining other Jackson costumes of the early years the seams, and clothing tag are virtually exactly the same,” Wilson says in the press release. “The hand-written signature on the garment is virtually the same as the signatures on earlier Jackson 5 garments.”

The red and black jacket Michael Jackson wore in the ‘Thriller’ video, which is autographed, is expected to fetch about $200,000 at the Music Icons auction on June 25th and 26th in Beverly Hills.

Kiazmhir Donahue doesn’t know exactly what her mother wants to do with the multi-colored jacket found in a thrift store. Woolworth Donahue recently obtained Hollywood agent Joel Gotler, who has brought stories such as ‘L.A. Confidential’ and ‘The Lincoln Lawyer’ to the big screen.

“She’s as happy as she can be,” Donahue said.

Source: triplicate.com & MJWN

Source:

http://www.mjworld.net/news/2011/06/24/michael’s-miracle/

Promoter, Hilton Workers Remember Jackson's Visit

mjhawaii97.jpg

HONOLULU -- Michael Jackson's Hawaii concert in 1997 was one of the biggest shows ever performed in the islands.

Concert Promoter Tom Moffatt said bringing Jackson to Hawaii was the biggest job he ever handled.
"Just the fact that he sold out two Aloha Stadium concerts, nobody's ever done that," Moffatt said.
More than 60,000 people packed into Aloha Stadium those two nights with long lines of fans standing in the rain to see what Moffatt called one of the best shows ever staged in the islands.

ALO970104-BP.jpg

Wherever Jackson went while in the islands he created frenzy, including at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki, where he stayed for four nights.
Lani Bjork is the head of hotel security and had convinced Jackson's security director to forgo the barricades the star normally requested.
"It was really the first time he'd come into a hotel at the front of the house and not in the bowels of the tower, and his security director was pretty impressed that he was so happy," Bjork said.
"He said to me, 'Are you Lani? I said, 'I am.' He said, 'I am so thrilled. I want to come back to Hawaii. The way you brought me into your hotel was just exciting,'" Bjork said.
Lora Gallagher recalled trying to keep the crowds controlled while being star-struck.

hawaii97.jpg

"We were asked to be human fences and kept people back and it was crazy. It was fun, but it was crazy," Gallagher said.
Jackson spent most of his time in his hotel suite on the 14th floor. Fans camped out underneath his room day and night.
"He came out on the lanai and waved," Bjork said. "You could hear that wave of 'Michael! Michael!' throughout the evening."

hawaii.jpg

Moffatt compared Jackson's death to the death of Elvis and said the music world has lost an icon.
"I think because of his ex-father-in-law known as the King of Rock and Roll Elvis, Michael wanted to be the King of Pop, and he certainly was," Moffatt said.

Moffatt said he had just been talking with Jackson's concert promoter in London about possibly bringing him back to Hawaii for a performance, especially if he was going to be touring through Asia. Jackson had made it clear through several people years ago that he loved Hawaii and wanted to come back, Moffatt said.

1784449_f520.jpg

Source:

http://www.kitv.com/entertainment/19863936/detail.html#ixzz1hm32Awnq

THE PRINCE OF PEACE

michael-jackson-398.jpg

In the middle of a forest
There's a clearing by a stream
Where a mother holds her newborn
And the child begins to dream

And he dreams of hopes unspoken
When the tears of man will cease
And his mother holds him closer
For he is the Prince of Peace

And the moon is looking downward
Casting shadows through the trees
And the stars are shining brighter
As they whisper what they see

How the emperor and the pauper
With the lion and the lamb
Kneel down before the infant
For his peace they understand

Let the bells ring out the news
Let it echo across the land
That a king is born this day
And his kingdom is at hand

Let the world rejoice together
As it looks upon the stars
Knowing every man's our brother
And that every child is ours

Yes, he dreams of hopes unspoken
When the tears of man will cease
To the emperor and the pauper
He IS the Prince of Peace!

~ adapted from lyrics on
Trans-Siberian Orchestra's album:
"Christmas Eve and Other Stories"

Light looked down and saw darkness.
"I will go there," said Light.

Peace looked down and saw war.
"I will go there," said Peace.

Love looked down and saw hatred.
"I will go there," said Love.

So the Lord of Light,
the Prince of Peace,
the King of Love
came down and lived among us.

~ "Cloth for the Cradle," Iona Community

PEACE-michael-jackson-17339842-480-300.jpg

michael_jackson_in_london_peace_2006_608x456_WENN_503.jpg

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment_tagged

Michaeling: as a Verb

nvrlnd+1+butterfly.jpg

Michael: Mich·el·ing (Related forms) Michael-ism, Michael-ness, Michael-ed;
noun, adjective, verb
1. to go from one Michael place to another, as by car, train, plane, or ship; take a trip; journey: to travel for pleasure to follow in the steps of Michael Jackson.
2. the act of a Michael journey.
3. to journey, to traverse distance places, to proceed, to go from place to place as a Michael Jackson fan in pursuit of, seeking all things MJ.
4. to associate, consort with other Michael Jackson fans who pursue all things Michael Jackson.
5. to travel, journey, or pass through or over, as a country or road, town or city where Michael lived, visited, traveled, performed or shopped.
6. journeys; wanderings; pursing all things Michael Jackson
7. to express ones Michaelness.
8. to focus on, watch, listen to, to attend, to buy, dance to, sing, embrace all things Michael Jackson.
9. to spend endless internet and video hours in pursuit of all things Michael Jackson; to blog, to post, to text, to You Tube, to instant message, to email, to tweet all things MJ.

1+Airport+arrival.jpg

We had never personally met. Like millions have done around the globe since Michael Jackson’s death we became friends on Face Book via the LOVE we hold dear for Michael Jackson. I had wondered what I was getting myself into as you never really know someone just from posts and messages on Face Book. I have learned you can have a great back and forth posting relationship with someone and then you meet them and they are not at all what you perceived them to be. You just never really know someone from Face Book communication. The old fashion face to face communication of expression is lost in the technological world of text messages, email, Face Book and the internet. It’s so easy to type (((HUGS))) and another thing to embrace someone in person. To look them in the eye and say, “Hello” or “How are you?” let alone “I LOVE you.” A term which is the mainstay of all Michael Jackson fan pages. So I was a bit nervous; however I had prayed for months about our encounter and vacation time together and had a sense of peace and anticipation. I also knew God was in charge and I was on yet another Michael journey. I was excited for what was in store and how the next 10 days would unfold.

I arrived early at LAX airport as I didn’t want her to land in a strange place alone without someone to welcome her. We had exchanged pictures of each other to know who to look for but pictures don’t always do justice to the real essence and appearance of a person’s spirit. They can look so different in person. Then there she was, you couldn’t miss her even though she was just a “little bit” as my dad used to call me when I was small. I am not a tall person but Susan was a bit shorter than myself and very thin and trim. Yes small in stature but there was no mistaking that great big MJ LOVE. MJ shirt, jacket, loafers and a big smile. I called her name as a question “Susan?” with instant recognition as we made eye contact. Gathering her up, off we went wheeling her suitcases to my car as we embarked on the beginning of a new Michael adventure. It seemed from that moment on for 10 full days our Michaeling only stopped long enough to garner a few hours sleep before moving on. It was a wonderful whirlwind of activity, restful sharing, constant MJ music, laughter, commiserating over the sadness of broken hearts over the loss of Michael Jackson and a full years worth of Michaeling crammed into 10 days.

At times there was silence as we digested a day and felt our own feelings over a subject or adventure. What is it that makes a friendship? The ability to be who you are and feel what you feel and not have to constantly tell someone what that is... a knowing... a communication without words. This is what we had. Although there were ALOT of words too. Many, many as we stayed up late into the wee hours of the morning, night after night talking and watching MJ videos, never able to get enough of Michael Jackson and not wanting to waste a single moment of her time in California.

I had planned a massive Michaeling tour session fitting in as many of the So. Calif. Michael spots as possible. Neither of us had any idea what was truly in store. This was a trip of a lifetime for Susan. Each day ended up evolving as the agenda was loose with only 3 major days with scheduled plans; Disneyland, Neverland and Shambala. It was all a first for Susan and although I had been to many of these spots before I was just as excited as she was and felt anxious to share them. We simply had no idea how much fun we would have sharing our common interest and endless stories and research about Michael.

We laughed so hard when I was searching at one point for Michael’s tattoo salon, Anastasia’s, off Wilshire in Beverly Hills. When we finally found it I realized I had been there before as it was only doors away from Juliene’s auction house. I circled the area searching for the salon and played good tour guide pointing out Juliene’s where Michael’s clothes and the Thriller jacket were recently auctioned and kept pointing it out each time we passed missing Anastasia's completely each time announcing instead, “Well there’s Juliene’s!” Susan laughed heartily as she said “I saw Juliene’s so many times as we passed by that I thought there were several Juliene’s.” Good thing she wasn't paying this tour guide. It was hilarious.

edhardy+gd.jpg

Then there was the time we searched all afternoon and into the evening for Ed Hardy only to learn after visiting three different Ed Hardy stores, and to make it more confusing two of them are on Melrose, the Ed Hardy store we actually had in mind, the one that Michael visited with Christian Audigier, is now the Ed Hardy Outlet. I didn’t realize so much Ed Hardy history existed until I talked to the many Ed Hardy sales people in each store as Susan shopped or we asked for directions to different stores. After searching for hours and shopping at each store we arrived at the outlet with only minutes to spare before closing but Susan immediately spotted the items she wanted to purchase and snagged her booty. As the store closed for the night I promised I’d bring her back... if I could ever find it again.

dland+front+trainstation.jpg

dlnd+Capt+eo+ok+me+%2526+susan.jpg

So the first day in Los Angeles I decided I better take Susan to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth, and one of Michael’s favorite places on earth. I thought it best we go while we were both fresh and had plenty of energy. Disneyland was amazing as always and everywhere we looked we were reminded of Michael, from the train station to Mickey Mouse. I snuck her in the back entrance to see Michael’s huge Capt. EO portrait and then of course went straight to the theater to see the Capt. himself on the big screen. The whole day was filled with Disney magic. I think we sat through Capt. EO 5 times ending the night front and center at the Castle to view the most amazing fireworks and then one last visit to say good bye to the Capt. Oh that gorgeous smile. Michael no don’t wave good bye... PLEASE come back don’t leave...

star+susan.jpg

susan+star+jovan.jpg

The remainder of the agenda except for the Neverland and Shambala journeys were very loose and whatever we found and experienced just flowed. I took her to the MJ Hollywood Star where she met Jovan the impersonator from Haiti. It was good reconnecting with him and to see he is doing well and still very inspired by Michael Jackson. Very close to MJ's Hollywood Star we took a look at the Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood display where MJ’s fedora is behind glass with a sign stating that MJ traded his fedora for a box of McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys along with an MJ signed Dangerous album on display. It always makes me smile to think about Michael giving away his fedora for MickeyD toys.

At Gardner St. School she saw the wonderful results of the fans from all over the world speaking up for JUSTICE for Michael as his name gleamed bright on the Michael Jackson Auditorium. The principle of Gardner St. is a fan of Michael's and has instituted many art and music classes which honor Michael and teach the children about his genius and beauty.

fl+water+lillies+pond2.jpg

geese+best+very+best.jpg

susan+holly+terrace+alone.jpg

susans+flowers+gong+into+mj+best.jpg

fl+2+susan+and+me+at+doors.jpg

We visited Michael twice at Holly Terrace, Forest Lawn and also the main mausoleum where the majestic white angel stands above the space where Elizabeth Taylor now rests and is not far from Michael. While there we also viewed the beautiful Michelangelo show room and Last Supper stained glass window display. The gorgeous water lilies I had been waiting to capture in photos were in full bloom and contented Wild Geese were gathered at the front gate fountain. We visited the Forest Lawn Florist and Susan chose special flowers for Michael which included a sunflower and butterflies and decided to have them delivered inside to Michael. We went up to the Holly Terrace patio so we could personally watch them go inside. The second visit I brought Michael a Charlie Brown sunflower from my garden, one of the last of about 30 that bloomed throughout the summer, and left it outside with many other beautiful flowers the fans have brought or had delivered from other florists shops. There are always flowers inside and outside on the patio for Michael.

Thriller+susan+%2526+me%25281%2529.jpg

Nvrlnd+2+road+marker.jpg

She was happy to see the Thriller House in person where Michael filmed his most famous short film of all time. This old house has been restored leaving portions just as they were for the filming of Thriller. It sits in the most amazingly beautiful, refurbished neighborhood of Victorian homes in Los Angeles and not coincidentally on Carroll St. That eery coincidence is never lost on me.

Palace.jpg

The Palace Theater where Thriller was also filmed isn't what it used to be but we made sure to stop momentarily to see it. One day I hope to go inside. The same ticket booth that was used in the scene of Michael and Ola Ray while filming Thriller still sits inside behind closed gates. The lights still look the same. It would be so wonderful to see this great theater restored to it's former glory one day.

court+jury+sel+susan+larry.jpg

court+susan+being+interviewed.jpg

We made sure to stop by the court house where we had made arrangements to meet Larry Nimmer on the first day of jury selection. It was awesome to be able to take her to the court house to speak her feelings for JUSTICE for Michael Jackson. She displayed her shirt which clearly displayed Conrad Murray as Dr. Death. I carried the same t-shirt to the court house for her throughout the trial.

Off+the+wall+5.jpg

off+the+wall+mm+nombs.jpg

off+the+wall+2%25281%2529.jpg

off+the+wall+4.jpg

Off The Wall antique store in Hollywood on Melrose is always fun to visit. I was not surprised to learn from the owner that one of the pieces from the 1900's medical school set that Michael had purchased but never took delivery on before he passed away was now gone. I was happy to hear that the leg in the set was sold to an MJ fan. The two heads still remain and are as intriguing as ever. The antique Disney figurines that Michael loved so much are still in the corner display and on the day we visited there were also wonderful antique toys in the front window which so reminded me of Neverland. Seemed everywhere we looked there were Michael reminders.

autry+susan.jpg

autry+silver+boots.jpg

autry+belt+buckle+orig.jpg

autry+belt+buckle+replica.jpg

The Autry Museum was also fun to see and we learned this exhibit of Michael’s clothes will not be open much longer. We also were shown a very cool tribute, guitar belt buckle which is a replica of the one which Michael wore and is on display in the exhibit that Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins designed.

Grammy.jpg

The Grammy Museum now has a new permanent Michael Jackson display which is not to distant from the Graff Lab Mural so we made sure to swing by the Graff Lab after visiting the Grammy so Susan could see that incredible TII Michael mural.

The Super Bowl MJ Mural off Hollywood Blvd is always so much fun to share with fans. I just love that mural and it always brings a smile to their faces along with many ooohs and ahhhs from those I take to view it. Susan loved this mural as well.

Moist+men+susan.jpg

100_3827.jpg

Once we finally found them the Ed Hardy and Moist stores were interesting as well as Anastasian’s and Julien’s. The woman who waited on Michael was there and we were told that a video plays on a occasion of Michael's visit to Moist. The day we visited it was not playing; however across the street was definately a reminder of Michael. A full size Peter Pan statue.

peter+pan+across+from+moist.jpg

Carollwood was last on the list but we ended up seeing it the day we were searching for Ed Hardy. This place is always difficult to visit. To me it will always be a crime scene... then maybe not just for me because not long after Michael’s death it was included on the Hollywood Star Tours Crime Scene Map. Every time I visit this place the incredible, unnecessary loss of Michael Jackson is felt. This day the tour buses were coming by on a regular basis, as usual, much to the chagrin of the home owners who happen to be Christian Audigier and his wife. Who at times post guards to keep tourists away. This day it was guard free but we kept our distance to respect their property.

Hayvenhurst+lily.jpg

In my search of Engine House 71 which I know is just around the corner from Carollwood, not that I like to go there but in an attempt to be a good tour guide I thought I’d point it out to Susan. Following my inner directional instincts we ended up going the wrong way. It was only a short distance and I realized with no surprise we were headed instead for San Fernando Valley where Michael lived at Hayvenhurst so instead of a U turn we rolled on up and over the hill into the San Fernando Valley and ultimately were dumped out on to Ventura Blvd. Thus we decided to go to Hayvenhurst for a visit instead. We stopped to buy a lovely orchid for Mrs. Jackson although she and the children are not living at Hayvenhurst, it was the gesture of love that mattered. We walked down to the compound rang the bell and the guard kindly thanked us for the gift through the intercom and assured us he would come out to retrieve it. We left the orchid on the brick planter and stepped across the street to wait, he came out shortly and we started a conversation with him. He was so polite and friendly and as we talked we looked down the drive way and there was Kenya! Beautiful Kenya... Michael’s family dog, a beautiful golden retriever, the children’s dog. She was wagging her tail and so happy and content, very well behaved. We talked for sometime to the kind gentleman and again as always with every time I have ever visited Hayvenhurst and spoken to the guards I was once again assured simply by this man’s gentle, kind spirit that Prince, Paris and Blanket and now also Kenya are being very well cared for.

On another day when I was showing a friend, Sara, from Colorado around L.A and we were in search yet again for the Ed Hardy Outlet and I instead did in fact find Engine House 71. I dunno... it makes no sense.... but there on the right was Engine House 71. Baffling. Seems sometimes Michael leads me where he wants me to go.

This next part of our Michaeling adventure was not the best time; however with all things the Lord can turn the seemingly bad completely around. One of the highlights of the week was our trip to Neverland. I was very excited for Susan as this would be her first ever trip to the gates of Michael’s Neverland. Yes Neverland is in the country far away from everything. That is why Michael loved it. There are far reaching rolling hills with animals and wild life, ranches with cows and horses and if you are afraid of such things this may not be the place for you. For me a trip to Neverland is also a time to stay late and take in Michael’s moon and millions of twinkling stars that Michael gazed and wished upon when he lived at Neverland. Why else go? Bring a jacket if you don’t want to be chilly in the summer night. Yes it is dark for the only lights are the lamps at the drive way and the stars and the moon above. The crickets chirp, the bull frogs ribbet and if a coyote’s howl frightens you to death this may not be the place for you. For me I LOVE it. I am comforted by the distant coyote’s howl, it energizes me. For me a walk in the dark on Mnt. Figureroa Rd. while looking up at the stars and moon is like a spiritual journey. Also I must share with you if you are afraid of dirt and don’t like plants then Woeste nursery in Los Olivos down the road from Neverland is also not the place for you because after all it is a nursery, a plant nursery and there WILL be plants and dirt there everywhere. For me it is like fantasy wonderland.

nvrlnd+2+woeste3.jpg

nvrlnd+1+Susan+frontgates.jpg

Now after a long day, it was turning dark and we were very SLOWLY heading back from Solvang to the gates of Neverland before the next leg of our journey into Santa Barbara. I was pondering the absurdity of the day, and how it had been a very long time since I had felt hostage to fear, as we were driving back on Mnt. Figueroa Rd. when suddenly there was a baby calf in the road. We swerved almost hitting it then just kept going. I was shocked and sat up in my seat turning to look back, openly asking “How do you think it got loose? Maybe we need to go back.” My question was stonewalled with absolute refusal to stop the car in the dark on a country road. The driver not giving a hoot about the calf or the fact that any other cars might possibly hit it, or that someone could be hurt. Susan was beside herself with concern about the little calf. It looked so frightened. We pleaded to turn around to help the calf but there was no reasoning with her. We went on to the gates of Neverland but all joy was gone, only disappointment and shock in it’s place. Only Susan and myself emerged from the car for any length of time to take in the gates and the night sky. It was barely dark and the stars were not fully visible but soon I was the only one taking in the view. She wanted to leave for the night. I sat on the stone wall at the gates and looked up at the stars wondering what parallel universe I had stepped into this day. Susan who is a huge animal lover could not get the worry over the baby calf out of her mind. We were all so miserable at this point that we loaded into the car to drive on down to Santa Barbara. On the way again we saw the baby calf... or as our fearful driver put it “It’s just a cow. It’s fine.” All I could see was a dead cow, or dead calf, if someone didn’t intervene in some way so we again begged for her to stop. Finally she begrudgingly stopped and Susan and myself piled out of the car. I immediately found a phone number on a near by fence and began calling the number hoping to arouse someone to gather up their livestock. Susan on the other hand went directly to the baby calf and began shusshing it gently along the road disappearing into the dark up over the bend. The driver of our car began to scream out the door “Get In the car!!! NOW!!” while gunning the engine and pretending to leave. I was shocked to say the least and by that time was also on the phone with another friend we were planning on meeting up with. Our plan had been to meet around midnight. Those plans now scratched as well. Something else to remember when Michaeling is that very few nights end early as there is no time in Michael land. In any event by this time all I could say to my friend on the phone was “Oh the joys of MJ fan drama. I have Susan saving a cow and another screaming at the top of her lungs demanding we get in the car.” I wondered for the life of me why she ever wanted to join in our adventure, was it just to play the part of the squasher of dreams? So with the screamer in the car vocalizing her total disregard for the calf and her passengers and the local phone call made to the neighbors I walked up the road to collect Susan and tell her we needed to get in the car or be left behind as our driver gunned her engine and threatened to leave us there on the road in the dark. She reluctantly acquiesced as her mission was incomplete. It was a VERY long, SLOW, uncomfortable ride home. I was enormously relieved to finally see my house, walk through the door and close it behind me on this day. One more time realizing you never really know someone until jealousy and fear looms it’s ugly head in your life. Thank God for positive choices in life and the freedom to close doors.

So very happy to be home, I literally closed the door behind me, turned looked at Susan and in one accord we simultaneously gasped, “OH MY GOD!” Then the relaxed laughter and easy flow immediately returned. It was like night and day. We stayed up that night unable to sleep watching MJ videos and talking about the day and Michael; however neither of us could shake the memory of that poor frightened little calf. The last we knew the calf had run along the road and the last sound Susan heard in the mirky blackness of the night was the clinking of chicken wire and much skidding and scuffling. We had no way of knowing if the calf was ok or if it was entangled in a ditch snagged in chicken wire. I looked at her and said... “SO why not go back in the morning? Let’s go back to NEVERLAND! There is no way you are going back to the UK with just ‘that’ Neverland experience under you belt!”

nvrlnd+2+calf+%2526+dad+steer.jpg

100_3921.jpg

So we drove back to Neverland the next morning. This trip was the opposite of the previous day. The sky was blue and bright, the drive moved along at quick clip, MJ serenaded us the whole way and soon we arrived at Mnt. Figueroa Rd. to check on the wayward calf. It seemed to be a week full of animals of all sort. As we traversed the road in search of the calf we saw Muscles in the road and swerved to miss him. In this case we were not about to save the snake as he was on his way to where ever he needed to be with his belly full of what looked to be a small mouse or some other meal. Then happily we spotted the calf. He was back behind the chicken wire fence where Susan had shooed him and now standing under a tree with his mum and dad and also two friendly donkeys. Clearly we could see where he had gotten out. We attempted to cinch up the chicken wire to no avail so decided to seek out the owners of the ranch. Susan being from England approaches easily and bound out of the car to knock on doors. I on the other hand being from L.A was a bit apprehensive and in the end regretted letting her go door knocking alone while I sat as the get away driver. We were directed to a ranch who as it turned out was Michael’s immediate neighbor and the very home of the Milk Money Cows Michael leased his land to for grazing money. Susan climbed the porch stairs and knocked, sitting just inside beyond the screen door at a desk a gruff voice responded “Yes. What can I do for you?” Susan looked into a face of a David Nordahl looking mountain man with a scruffy long beard and wild lumber jack way about him and explained about the calf escaping the night before and he said he would send someone down to mend the fence. Our job done on behalf of the calf we felt relieved the little guy would now be safe and moved on not much farther up the road to the gates of Neverland. We parked under the giant old oak that stands sentry at the gates, it’s bark riddled with wood pecker holes. A blue jay perched up in the branches of the old Oak lit down to the split rail fence to say hello. A lizard skittered out and posed for a picture. We seemed to draw animals at every turn this trip. It may have been Susan’s Dr. Doo Little personality. My cats simply loved her as well.

nvrlnd+2+woeste2.jpg

nvrld+2+los+olivos+baby+1.jpg

deer+park.jpg

Nvrlnd+2+susan+front+gates+night.jpg

Nvrlnd+1+tree+mogjt2.jpg

This return trip to Neverland Valley as it turned out was a perfect blessing because Young’s Art Gallery was open this day and we were able to spend time visiting with Ralph. It was fun to watch and listen as he entertained Susan with stories about Michael’s love of art and his visits to the shop. Then we moved on to Woeste nursery once again and spotted some wonderful new items on display that had just been delivered that morning. It was an amazing ‘Do Over’ at every turn. Moving on into Solvang we ran into a wonderful lady who knew Michael and whose children had been to Neverland many times. She shared heartwarming stories about Michael’s visits to Solvang stores and other local areas. The love in her heart and deep admiration of Michael was so evident. We clearly connected and again it was so comforting to know Michael was loved and appreciated by his neighbors. Along this part of the journey in Solvang we also saw a beautiful momma deer and her twin fawns. They were swift but I managed to capture one in a picture.

After feeling fully saturated with all things Michael in Solvang and with it now truly dark enough out to see the stars crystal clear we returned to the gates of Neverland for a real visit where we listened to the same night sounds that Michael listened to and looked up into the night sky at the same stars and moon Michael gazed at. We were taking our time at the gates when suddenly there was much activity inside the gates, security walkie talkies were buzzing. Perimeter and building checks were being done. Security was on high alert this night. We stayed for a while at the gate and under the Oak and then returned to our car where we sat facing the property wondering what was going on. Then we noticed a long line of headlights. A long caravan of cars lined up with their head lights beaming out toward the gates seemingly waiting to leave Neverland. Still curious we got out of the car and approached the gates as all the cars began to leave. In the second car was Tom Barrack. He was very friendly, smiling and waving hello to us as he slowly drove by. After the excitement died down and all cars drove away, we stayed for a while longer, listening to the Neverland night sounds then made our way back home. The drive home that night was filled with Michael’s music and lots of free flowing conversation. Much to think about with the goings on at Neverland this night.

thriller+sabus+promo+pic.jpg

Shambala+Thriller+Sabu.jpg

For the last day of Susan’s visit we had made reservations months in advance to visit Shambala where Michael’s big cats Thriller and Sabu now reside. They will have a home here for the rest of their lives. I had met spunky Tippi Hedren at Juliene’s when the Thriller jacket was up for auction and had been really looking forward to this visit. There were many people visiting Shambala this day. There were three groups each assigned a tour guide with a megaphone. It’s a long day visit and you are invited to bring a picnic lunch to eat at tables set up by the man-made lake at the end of the tour. All food is gathered and kept back at the picnic ground before embarking on the tour through the facility. Each group has a tour guide, two to three docents and another staff member following along to keep visitors safe and to make sure they don’t wander away from main trail or reach over near cages which is totally understandable. These are wild animals not trained house pets. They can be very dangerous and I suppose sometime the humans do stupid things as well like trying to feed or pet them.

Thriller and Sabu are in a cage at the edge of the compound up against a hill, we were pleased to learn were at the beginning of our particular part of the walking tour. Sadly our tour guide knew nothing about Thriller and Sabu and seemed to believe the hype of the media about Michael. He clearly didn't want to talk about or answer questions about Michael's big cats. He completely skipped over MJ’s cats and moved on to the other part of the tour. I controlled myself to a degree but finally had to speak out about how disappointing our tour was since we paid the $50 a person to see and learn about Michael Jackson’s cats. I had made it clear we were MJ fans coming to Shambala specifically to see Thriller and Sabu. It was confusing to me especially since Shambala’s promotional campaign for 2011 was using Michael Jackson’s cats to promote and bring in donations, yet our particular guide knew 'nothing' about these beautiful animals, seemed to not want to talk about the cats and quickly moved on to other cats where he then spent long amounts of time talking about each animal. Anyone who knows me knows this just wasn’t going to fly with me. Not to detract or negate from how beautiful the other cats are it seemed extremely insensitive, ignorant and prejudicial toward MJ to me. As the tour moved on away from MJ’s cats I became more and more frustrated and disappointed, moving toward the back of the group I quietly voiced my complaints to the docents to no avail. My words however did not completely fall on all deaf ears, they were heard by a facility staff member standing at the back of our group. This man was so kind, as I stood next to him he quietly offered information about Michael’s big cats and confided to me that he fed Thriller and Sabu every morning and threw the ball for them to play.

Finally someone who knew about MJ’s cats! He shared that Thriller was very aggressive with the food and was the ruler of the roost so to speak. Sabu the male cat was more laid back and would allow Thriller, the female cat, to eat the food first every time, then he would eat his food when she was done. I smiled and couldn't help but think, “What a gentleman.” He pointed out that they had a portion of the lake in their cage and would play and lay in the water. There was also a giant ball and other toys for them to play with. Sabu was laying on top of what looked like a giant dog house type shed which had a hard plastic green awning type roof over it. Thriller was laying inside the shed. He said those were their normal places they lay at rest. That Thriller was always inside the little shed and Sabu on top, they had claimed their own spots and they most always laid in the same place. I asked about water for them to drink and he pointed out the large water bin that looked like a metal trash can hanging on the fence. He explained that they were nocturnal and slept most of the day and became much more active at night and feeding time.

There is a replica of an African Safari tent with a wooden floor which is set up and furnished for over night stays for guests. It sits just adjacent to Thriller and Sabu’s cage and those who stay over night are entertained by their growls and the sounds of their night time antics as they prowl in their cage as well as all the other cats in the compound. Night time becomes very active at Shambala. I was surprised when after going through the rest of the tour we arrived at the gift store and were then taken back by our tour guide to Thriller and Sabu’s cage. It was then that he began to show just how unknowledgeable he was about Michael Jackson and his animals, much of what he began to tell us was media lies. Such as Michael abandoned all of his animals and fled the country. Susan and I quickly put him right about that and ended up sharing the truth with him about Michael on many things. In response he said he had no idea. I was shocked that he was allowed to share such things on this tour. They are all volunteers but to allow someone to talk in a negative way about Michael especially when they were using Thriller and Sabu as their promotional income for the year of 2011 was just terrible to me. After eating our lunch I approached other staff members and met a wonderful, kind lady who also takes care of Michael’s cats regularly. She was adamant that Michael NEVER abandoned his cats or any of his animals. There was a veterinarian in charge at Neverland and it was the same vet who brought Michael's cats to Shambala. She also shared how the video of Thriller doing the moon walk happened accidentally one morning while she was present as none of the cats are trained or perform in any way. She just happened to have a camera in her pocket that day and captured Thriller moving backward as if Moonwalking. At Shambala these big cats are allowed to live out their lives with no human pressure to be anything other than the natural wild cats that they are. Sadly these magnificent animals should be free in the wild but for these animals who were originally pets or zoo animals, such as Michael’s cats, this is a wonderful place for them to live comfortable safe lives. After lunch Tippi Hedren also gave a speech and signed books and met with visitors.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dxXgj47c3uc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For Susan’s last night in Los Angeles we watched more MJ videos and shared until late. We continued easily talking the next morning on the way to the airport. I have driven to LAX more times than I can count but of course on this day I was talking and of course found myself completely lost. What better way to end this 10 day Michaeling tour? We laughed as I pulled into a strip mall, got out of the car and asked for directions. It wasn’t long before we found our destination, Virgin Airlines at LAX. It was sad saying good bye to Susan our hearts and lives now bonded. A lovely lady who will always be welcome in my home, in my MJ room.

A late Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year to everyone...
and of course shamone! Happy Michaeling!

Source:

http://mjbliss.blogspot.com/2011/12/michaeling-as-verb.html

2012 - A Happy New Year to my blessed MJ family

New-Year-Michael-Jackson-Wish-Cards.jpg

Okay, first of all, the earth will not be destroyed on December 21, 2012. We will be entering a new phase as humanity and this asks of us to prepare by leaving all fears behind, focusing on that which helps you and everyone around you forward. All spiritual work done on yourself, you also do for humanity at the same time. Help each other by helping yourself. Bring love into the world, unconditionally, on the highest level imaginable. The thoughts you have before sleep, also determine your astral travels in part.

So, less fear, as we are always helped and guided even through the hardest times. No, we are helped especially during the hardest times even though it may be hard to feel. Less fear and more love. I have been shown this year that love has its own spiritual evolvement into something so pure, it exceeds anything personal, goes beyond desire and fear of loss. There is the love between partners, the love parents have for their children, the love children feel for their parents, a friendship-love or agape-love, love between master and guru and then there's Divine Love that encompasses everything and everyone, loving ALL of you, the good, the bad and the ugly, as it sees the soul learning and growing in the human form, with all its pitfalls. Before love can grow in you, it is just as important to learn that fine balance between loving others and loving yourself, your Higher Self, the soul that is struggling.

In order to prepare Earth and its inhabitants for the new energies, the higher vibrations, also known as the Schumann resonance which is increasing in vibration and decreasing in Erath's magnetism, we are taken beyond form, more towards the essence. You can already see this happening in the world now on several levels: politically, economically, socially, physically. The previously invisible is becoming more and more visible to more people. This can lead to confusion, delusions and increased mental diseases, or it can show the true face of everyone. No hiding anymore, no lying, who you really are is becoming more transparent.

Sometimes the cleansing will need to take place in the form of storms, hurricanes, gale-force winds, floods, earthquakes and volcanic activity.

All thoughts and feelings that were ever thought or uttered leave their imprint on the world around us, picking up strength from similar thought patterns thought by matters. Many of these thoughts are not very high in their moral standard, think of thoughts of greed, lust, anger, jealousy, hatred, egoistical thoughts, perverse thoughts, murderous thoughts of revenge or vengeance. These kind of impurities cause great pain to the Earth and all the planes she is composed of. It's like a zit or a tumor. It must break open or be cut out before the patient can heal.

So yes, there will be natural disasters, most probably increasing in frequency and strength. But do not let that deter you from reaching for the stars, the sun and the moon.

We were created as beings of love, through an act of love, so there is really only one cure: forgiveness, and love.

If the world is as a storm, we need to become calm and tranquil to get to the center of the storm, the eye and heart of the storm where it is perfectly still and Divine Love can be experienced all the time in pure joy and bliss.

Becoming still, calming our minds and thoughts, and putting a guard next to our mental faculty where thoughts come into being, will greatly help us all get through 2012.

May love, healing and insight be your guides!
~ Much love from MJJLaugh

Singer Samantha Mumba shares her experience of meeting Michael Jackson in Dubai

MJ-w-Samantha-Mumba1.jpeg

2006 - Singer Samantha Mumba shares her experience of meeting Michael Jackson in Dubai:

"Meeting Michael was like the closest thing I will ever get to meeting a saint. He had this amazing aura to him. He was very spiritual and magical, even mythical. I was just in awe of him. The guy doesn't have a bad bone in his body. He was so kind and had this incredible way with him.

"I didn't know what to expect to be honest because you read and hear so much about him. When I walked into the room he was the most humble, warm, friendly person you could ever wish to meet. He also had a hilarious sense of humour. He kept cracking these jokes that had me in fits of laughter. It was weird because I was thinking, 'I'm standing in a room having a hoot with Michael Jackson. Nobody is ever going to believe this'.

"Everyone in the music business knows he has made history. But I can still see him making another great album. I would love to see him perform. He's a perfectionist so that's why it takes him so long to release material. But I'd definitely be going along to see him in concert if he did a gig in Ireland."

(Redistributable with credit to http://MJJR.net/ - The Michael Jackson Repository)

Source:

http://twitpic.com/1ql3iz

Last edited:
Angels of Light

One of my favorite parts in 'Dancing the Dream' is 'Angels of Light' and today I was lucky enough to stumble upon this video that was made today. I love it!

Do you know the poem by Rabindranath Tagore called 'Child Angel' ?

Let your life come amongst them like a flame of light, my
child, unflickering and pure, and delight them into silence.
They are cruel in their greed and their envy, their words are like
hidden knives thirsting for blood.
Go and stand amidst their scowling hearts, my child, and let
your gentle eyes fall upon them like the forgiving peace of the
evening over the strife of the day.
Let them see your face, my child, and thus know the meaning
of all things; let them love you and thus love each other.
Come and take your seat in the bosom of the limitless, my
child. At sunrise open and raise your heart like a blossoming
flower, and at sunset bend your head and in silence complete the
worship of the day.

(Rabindranath Tagore)

Source of the poem:

http://www.inspirationalstories.com/poems/the-child-angel-rabindranath-tagore-poems/

Kim Wilde was an opening act for Michael during the Bad tour

00004e7f_medium.jpeg

From left to right, Michael Jackson, Kim Wilde, Pete Townshend and Paul McCartney at the British Record Industry Awards (BRIT awards) in London, 16th February 1983. Wilde had won Best British Female Solo Artist and Townshend won the Life Achievement Award. McCartney had won three awards, the Sony award for Technical Excellence, Best British Male Solo Artist and Outstanding Contribution to Music (this last on behalf of the Beatles). (Photo by Dave Hogan/Getty Images)

84-BPI-Pete_Townshend.jpg

Michael-Jackson-David-Bowie-Cher-38858183137.png

tumblr_luela23sIn1qh5mm2o1_500.png

Bette Midler, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Kim Wilde and Cher - 1987

Kim Wilde on tour with Michael Jackson!

Published in: Bravo (Germany), May 26, 1988

On of the most exciting days in Kim's life was May 23, because then she was on stage in Rome as the support act of Michael Jackson for the very first time. She will also do this in Germany a couple of times. Why her? Has Michael fallen in love with her?
"It may have been more a deal between our managers", says Kim. "They knew that I am very wellknown in Europe."
Kim has always been a fan of Michael Jackson, has met the shy superstar once before during an awards ceremony in London and has said "Hi" during this occasion.
Kim's first reaction on the news: "I have called my friends and said: 'Don't worry about tickets for Michael Jackson, girls! It's been taken care of."
Kim has taken some friends along to escort her during her tour. Smitty takes care of catering, and the sale of t-shirts is also done by her family. "Michael will wonder about that", laughs Kim.
Kim has prepared well for her tour. As fitness exercise she swims every morning, most of the time she has spent with her band rehearsing.
The band consists of Steve Byrd on guitar, Mark Hayward Chaplin on bass, drummer Jeff Dougmore, Keyboard-player Jeff Hammer and backing vocalists Angie and Zeetya.
Privately Kim has had enough of London and wants to move to her farm 40 kilometers north of London.
"I am not afraid to live alone", says Kim. "The neighbours, all farmers and teachers, know me very well already. I feel very well there."

1988_kimmichael.jpg

Kim Wilde met Michael Jackson: 'Those nonsense stories should be over'

Published in: Hitkrant (Netherlands), October 15, 1988

Although Kim Wilde toured with Michael Jackson for months she just met him twice. 'We didn't have any deep and meaningful conversations or anything, but he is very sweet. I don't want to hear any bad things about him anymore!'

It's too weird that there were even rumours that we were having an affair. Yes, we respect eachother but that's as far as it goes. I've only talked to him twice!

What were those talks about, then?
He told me that he felt I was doing great, and that he was looking forward to the successful tour. And he asked whether I was still enjoying it. And I was!

What impression did you get of him?
He's very normal, very smart, very sweet and very sympathetic. And what's the most important thing: he's got a very sweet smile. You can tell a lot of things from the way someone smiles.

And what did you think of his show?
It's great to watch the show from beside the stage! When you look from the audience everything seems to go automatically, but from the side you can see how much work is in it. And it's hard to tell how he does his tricks. I knew that he would go into a tent and then appear on the other side of the stage, but I looked very close and still couldn't tell how he did it.

Isn't it a bit of ungrateful work, doing a support act? The audiences come for the headline act, after all.
Yes, that's true. And you're playing when there's still daylight, and then people can only see a few small figures on stage. But I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It's the only tour that Michael has done in his life, and it most likely will stay that way. It's a historic fact, and hundreds of thousands have come to see it. Taylor (Dayne, who did the support for another part of the tour, ed.) and I were there as well. They can't ever take that away from me. But it's time I will be the headline act myself soon!

Interview with Kim Wilde about touring with Michael Jackson (BAD Tour)

BBC Radio interview dated March 4, 2008

Sources:

http://www.wilde-life.com/articles/1988/kim-wilde-on-tour-with-michael-jackson

http://avaxnews.com/fact/A_Look_Back_At_Michael_Jackson.html

http://www.wilde-life.com/articles/...jackson-those-nonsense-stories-should-be-over

Last edited:
Some Rare Videos to Enjoy

Yesterday I happened to find these precious gems, with images and scenes I had never seen before. I was so grateful to have found these! Thank you Michael for leading me to them. I hope you like them too, and if you're down, these will surely lift you up!

?Michael Jackson in Museum? beautiful and rare?

This was filmed during the Bad Tour in 1988, judging from the footage I would say part of it is in Italy, Rome and Florence.
He saw Leonardo da Vinci's Michelangelo with his own eyes. Well, I knew that because he told us so, but to see the footage of that event is something else!

Michael Jackson (RARE)

Okay, I can tell this was filmed in a Spanish speaking country, in a store that sold CDs. Now, tell me honestly, would you dare dance for the King of Pop if he came to your store ? See, how it cracks Michael up, he likes it and at the same time he's embarassed by it, being naturally shy himself when not performing. Aaah, this just made me smile!

Michael JACKSON Play Keybord VERY RARE Bad era

Rare - Michael Jackson - Very Funny Moment!!

Michael gets punked, sort of, by the famous Harlem Globetrotters. Look how he bobs his head to the music!

Choreographer recalls Jackson's critical role in his career
by Sherri Kimmel
July 19, 2009

Paterson_Jackson_400x301.jpg

Vincent Patterson ’72 (right) recommends some moves to Michael Jackson for the “Smooth Criminal” video. Photo courtesy of Vincent Patterson.

Though many music fans around the world were shocked and saddened by the death of Michael Jackson on June 25, one Dickinson alum had a deep connection with the pop star that went beyond fan status.

Starting with his role as a dancer in “Beat It” in 1982, director and choreographer Vincent Paterson ’72 had a long-term artistic relationship with Jackson.

“I’ve worked with everyone from Bette Davis and Glenn Close to the Beatles, except for John Lennon, Madonna and Bjork, and out of everyone I’ve worked with, no one was as polite or as much of a gentleman, as sweet and nonjudgmental, as Michael Jackson,” Paterson said in a phone interview from Montreal, where he is preparing his latest production, Viva Elvis, for Cirque du Soleil.

Though he says he was inspired to consider a theatre career by the late Dickinson professor and Mermaid Players director David Brubaker, “Michael is the one who gave me my career,” Paterson said. “He believed in me and only knew me as a dancer.”

Paterson described the moment Jackson gave him his first big break. “One day I was sitting home and got a telephone call. ‘Hi, is Vincent there? It’s Michael.’ ” Paterson related in a breathy imitation of Jackson’s voice.

During that late 1980s call, Jackson invited him to choreograph and direct the music video of “Smooth Criminal.”

“He’s always been for me someone to whom I have been eternally grateful,” says Paterson. “He believed in me and pulled me out of obscurity.

“Michael taught me so much about listening to music,” Paterson adds. “One of the core processes instilled by Michael was, ‘Don’t try to impose your idea on the music. Listen. It will tell you what it wants to be.’ I still work this way 25 years later. Every time I get new music or a script, his words come to mind. He’s always there.”

After “Smooth Criminal,” Paterson went on to direct and choreograph Jackson’s Bad World Tour, as well as Madonna’s Blond Ambition tour and to work in feature films, theater, Broadway, opera, TV and commercials.

Paterson last worked with Jackson about 10 years ago, when he choreographed and directed “Blood on the Dance Floor.” A year ago, after Paterson choreographed the 25th anniversary production of “Thriller,” Jackson called to thank him. (Paterson was a dancer and assistant choreographer for the 1983 original.) He last saw Jackson four years ago when the singer/dancer asked to meet regarding a project. Due to other commitments, Paterson had to decline the offer.

To Paterson, Jackson was “music incarnate” and an artist with incredible focus. “I gave him a series of movements in ‘Smooth Criminal’, and he would stand in front of a mirror for three or four hours repeating those same three or four dance steps. Fred Astaire and Michael Jackson are the people we as Americans can hold up as dancing luminaries, historically. Michael brought integrity, intelligence and artistry to the pop commercial world and gave it a new validity. Everything aligned.”

Vincent Paterson's experience with Michael Jackson

Please ignore the 'J****' comments by the British reporter. Sometimes you get the feeling that British media had no idea that this phrase hurt Michael very much

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEe8HIuoWbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vincent Patterson

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g46mF6rezSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arts: "Thriller" at the 2008 Tribeca Film Fest

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mIHQFnzqpeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source:

http://www.dickinson.edu/news-and-events/features/2009-10/Dancing-With-the-King-of-Pop/

Blood is on the Dance Floor - Alternate Version and Remix

"Blood on the Dance Floor" is a song by Michael Jackson. The song was released as the first single from the remix album, Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix. Jackson and Teddy Riley created the track in time for the 1991 release of Dangerous. However, it did not appear on that record and was minimally altered before commercial release in 1997. The song is about a predatory woman by the name of Susie, who seduces Jackson before plotting to stab him with a knife. The composition explores a variety of genres ranging from rock to funk and Hi-NRG.

Michael_Jackson_-_Blood_on_the_Dance_Floor.jpg

Patterson recorded an unreleased, alternate version of the music video, shot with an 8 mm camera. Writer David Noh, described it as, "grainy, overexposed, and sexy as shit". According to Patterson, "Michael loved it, but Sony hated it and refused to release it".

Michael Jackson - Blood on the Dance Floor (alt version and remix)

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_on_the_Dance_Floor_(song)

Michael Jackson - Mystic Garden

Do you know that feeling of a love so overwhelming that you feel your heart will break out of your chest, and you just want the world to see, feel and understand what it is that pulsates this radiant love through your veins. But sometimes the words simply fail, because the feeling of love is so great, that art must take over the role of the voice and the brain and the thoughts forming.
Let the music speak and let the images speak for themselves.
It is another ode of eternal love to Michael and funnily enough many people responded "I can see Michael's love shining throughout the video". The song expresses how I feel....
(Music is called 'Mystic Garden, from the CD 'Falling Through Time' by Asher Quinn)
I hope you like it!
~ MJJLaugh

Link to the video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAHaSDXlgPc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back