MJJC Legacy Project: Spike Lee's MJ Birthday Celebration 2010

TheChosenOne

Proud Member

In 2009 Spike Lee held a HUGE Michael Jackson 51st birthday celebration in Brooklyn. A crowd of at least 20,000 jammed to Michael's music all day!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...=G&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&ei=VCsDTNfbIoS0lQeoqc2hCA
alg_michael_jackson_celebration.jpg

Check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh9TzpNh3UQ

This year he wants it to be bigger and better.

He has extended an EXTRA SPECIAL invitation to ALL members MJJC and fans worldwide to join him and all of Brooklyn on Sunday, 29 August, 2010 in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY from 12 pm - 5 pm. to celebrate Michael's 52nd birthday.

He wants us to bring our national flags and show how much Michael is loved, missed and celebrated all over the world!

Watch this space for more details!!!!

90188339.jpg

Yes. I have been waiting for the announcement. I will attend this year.

I hope as many fans as possible attend. Otherwise the evil press will be more than happy to compare it to last year's event and proclaim MJ's memory already fading.

Thank you Spike Lee!

Last edited:
I wish I could go........

update: I want to go so much........ I am even checking the flights and hotel rates........ I wish I found someone to go with. working on it

Last edited:
I wish I could go........

update: I want to go so much........ I am even checking the flights and hotel rates........ I wish I found someone to go with. working on it

check your DM

I am so happy that Spike is doing this again.. Much love to Spike for showing MJ love and keeping Mike's legacy alive..

Yes. I have been waiting for the announcement. I will attend this year.

I hope as many fans as possible attend. Otherwise the evil press will be more than happy to compare it to last year's event and proclaim MJ's memory already fading.

Thank you Spike Lee!

Right you are about the press.
I will go this year and hope to see many people from the sight, especially you New Yorkers.

Oh, this wonderful news. I went to last years and it was such an incredible gathering and experience. I even caught myself in this youtube video posted above (eww). I will go again this year. I hope some of you can make it. It's a great way to celebrate Michael.

Oh yeah!! I went last year too and it was such a great experience!

I met some great MJ fans, even tho it rained and mud was everywhere in the back lol.. the sun came out and we all jammed to MJ music! I will def try to go this year!

Wonderful!
Wonder if Spike will be filming that for his new project; "Brooklyn Hearts MJ"..?

Still waiting for an official word on this from Spike or his 40Acres website and/or twitter.

I went last year, it was a wonderful experience. He said he was going to do it every year. And I'll be there every year.

I agree this information is to be found nowhere else on the web. Try googling it. If Spike Lee does want a big turnout, it would be good to announce it.

Can this be confirmed somehow for folks who need to make travel arrangements?

Mr Lee had indicated earlier in the year that he was looking to hold the celebration again this year and asked me to check with him in June for the details. I did and this was his response:

We're on. Sunday August 29th,2010 12Noon- 5. Please tell people to bring their Flags of their Countries. Shamon,Spike Thank you. Spizike

Another email from him dated 26 May stated:

People need to bring their Flags
Thank you. Spizike

Perhaps he has not had the chance to prepare the promotion for it but it is on!
And he definitely wants an international contingent!

Thanks for the above info.

It will probably be the hottest, stickiest, most humid day of the year but I'll be there again for MJ.

Back