Another nice story from the Oprah boards about Michael :)

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Someone posted this on the Oprah boards regarding her interview with LMP.

Posted: Sat 10/16/2010 4:06 PM
MandyandKyle : Michael told me a story one time about going in to an orphanage in Russia where the children were laying in beds with sheets covered in urine. He said the smell of urine was so strong when he wa...lked in to the building that it made him sick to his stomach. He had his people get on the phone to the President of Russia and he told him that if each child in that orphanage was not bathed, he would not put on the concerts that he was scheduled to put on that week. The President told him he had no idea things were that bad at that particular orphanage but he assured Michael things would be "taken care of." Michael said he responded by saying, "Was it that you didn't know or you didn't care to know?" And he said there was just dead silence on the other end of the line and that told him all he needed to know. Then he said he told the President that he was sending one of his people out to buy clean sheets, mattresses, and toys for every and that he would remain in the orphanage until each child had been bathed and was wearing cleans clothes. The President then asked him if he was going to cancel the concert planned for that night and he said, "I suppose that's up to the people here and how long it takes them to give each child a bath. Right now, these children are my priority."

MandyandKyle : All of the children ended up getting bathed and the show went on as scheduled. He said he went back to the orphanage the next day and the children all seemed well and were playing with all of their new toys. He said he knew that once he left things would probably go back to the way they were before but that at least for a few days he made things right. That, right there, is the difference between Oprah and Michael.

I'm like in love with this man like seriously?

Frankly speaking, I find it hard to believe that Michael called our President. I just don't know.

wow that story made me choke up.....there will never be anyone quite like Michael, so many celebs would have made their show their priority, but not Michael.

Wow that is so amazing and a wonderful story to hear.

Frankly speaking, I find it hard to believe that Michael called our President. I just don't know.

It's possible though. He's Michael remember. He can probably get anyone's number he wanted.

It's possible though. He's Michael remember. He can probably get anyone's number he wanted.

yeah, could be.... what I could definitely believe is the description of an orphanage. sadly it could be like that in the 90s. Although I discussed this story with my friends and some of them remembered a similar story about some other Eastern European country, not Russia.

Is it so hard for the media letting know the fans, public in general these kind of stories?

Another difference with Michael and that woman is that Michael has never showed off about his humanitarian achievements.

Bitter sweet because I feel so happy/excited reading those beautiful anecdotes and sad at the same time because in previous years those stories didn't come up that often as nowadays.

My beautiful gentleman I miss you so! :heart: :boohoo:

Thankyou for sharing the story. Michael continues to inspire us to make this world a better place and we shall do him proud! We love you more with every passing day sweetest Angel... thankyou for the L.O.V.E...

MandyandKyle : Michael told me a story one time about going in to an orphanage in Russia where the children were laying in beds with sheets covered in urine. He said the smell of urine was so strong when he wa...lked in to the building that it made him sick to his stomach. He had his people get on the phone to the President of Russia and he told him that if each child in that orphanage was not bathed, he would not put on the concerts that he was scheduled to put on that week. The President told him he had no idea things were that bad at that particular orphanage but he assured Michael things would be "taken care of." Michael said he responded by saying, "Was it that you didn't know or you didn't care to know?" And he said there was just dead silence on the other end of the line and that told him all he needed to know. Then he said he told the President that he was sending one of his people out to buy clean sheets, mattresses, and toys for every and that he would remain in the orphanage until each child had been bathed and was wearing cleans clothes. The President then asked him if he was going to cancel the concert planned for that night and he said, "I suppose that's up to the people here and how long it takes them to give each child a bath. Right now, these children are my priority."

MandyandKyle : All of the children ended up getting bathed and the show went on as scheduled. He said he went back to the orphanage the next day and the children all seemed well and were playing with all of their new toys. He said he knew that once he left things would probably go back to the way they were before but that at least for a few days he made things right. That, right there, is the difference between Oprah and Michael.

Beautiful, very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

I read/heard something very similar some time back. Sums him up pretty nicely, don't it? And people wondered why we love(d) him sooo much. What's there not to love about such a gorgeous (inside out), head strong (in more ways than 1 lol) man??? Even his imperfections and flaws were lovable :)

Thanks for sharing that. I don't go to Oprah's board so otherwise I would have probably never heard this story. These are the things that make me smile even for just a moment.
When I realise once again why I truly admire this human being and his efforts for children and the world aside from his musical talent.

I agree - Maybe it was the mayor of the city, not the president. It would appear more logical, no ? :scratch:

you can't be prompted to tell the truth about Michael, unless the interview prompted him to. wonderful story. too bad we are left with self servers in interviews. God bless the children, because, unfortunately, their ambassador is gone.

Wow, can you imagine if everyone was so adamant like Michael, how much better off this world would be? :angel:

indeed. indeed.

Thanks for sharing that. I don't go to Oprah's board so otherwise I would have probably never heard this story. These are the things that make me smile even for just a moment.

See? There is beauty and light to be felt still :cheeky:

When I realise once again why I truly admire this human being and his efforts for children and the world aside from his musical talent.

You know? In my mind there have always been about 4 Michaels. I know it sounds stange, but hey...so am i :p The first and foremost has been the wonderful soul and the brilliant mind. I've always been in so much awe of his love for people and his efforts on behalf of children. That's why them horrid lies hurt sooo much because they attacked his very noble and pure essence and tried to undermine the credibility and salience of the message he was tryin' so hard to put out there.

With him being a genius it was only natural for his mind to be a treasure chest filled with all kinds of exciting things, but what impressed me as well was his inate intellectual curiosity and analytical capacity. Although he did not have the benefits/indoctrination (depends on how you see the educational process) of a formal education, he was such an amazing self-taught wizard on soooo many subjects that it's almost scary to realize how much he knew. And alongside other things such as his song writing and poetic qualities, which are strongly related to his awesome mental force, his intelligence is one of the most underrated traits of his.

I was actually thinkin about auction items the other day and i realized that i would have given up even the wooden stuff (which takes a lot of sacrifice on my part lol) for a book with comments and markings from him, especially one on African American history. I've seen some pictures of those and i think they are wonderful testaments to his brilliant mind, focus, clarity of thought and sense of morality.

Most times in second place came the gorgeous wonderful man. Such a statement would be futile without some evidence though, so here go some nice, funny little picsies of the man himself in action...well, more or less :cheeky: xrisx, i'm hopin' these will make you :) as well.

originalimage9823479983.jpg

mjjthebest.jpg

10218154442079941624679.jpg

mjjump.jpg

038lm.jpg

Only in third place came the artist. I am a huge fan of art and Michael has been since the very beginning my favorite artist and although along the years i've come to know a lot more artists from different genres, crafts and epochs, he remains my no.1. I do believe he is one of the greatest artists to have graced this earth and we are all hugely endebted to the good Lord for having given us the inmense blessing to live and experience his magic.

Generations to come will look upon us and call us the lucky ones, but maybe also the ungrateful ones because we didn't always treasure him and even on the contrary we have helped make decades of life a sheer torture and here i'm including everybody - the protagonists of scams, overzealous authorities with political agendas, unscrupulous media, fickle general public and demanding fans.

The fourth and 'final' version of Michael in my mind has been the megastar. Albeit interesting as reaction, the faiting of people at his sight/slightest movement has never been terribly striking to me. You can stir up interest, make people stop and stare, almost bump into objects on the street and try all kinda lines even when you are not famous. Some people have a certain aura, magnetism about them they can't help but attract views and impressions, even when they don't want it. I guess it's only a question of exposure and the size of the audience.

What is truly impressive about his impact on people though is the sheer love which emanates from crowds towards him. It might be in the fact that he grew up before the eyes of the entire world, could be in his humble, beautiful heart, his unbelievable talents, his vulnerability or his gorgeous smile, but what's for sure is that he has been such an awesomely important part of people's lives that he is almost part of the fabric of the global society we all live in and his life, achievements and sorrows have been interwoven into the lives of millions of others.

Truth be told, the first two 'sides' switch positions every now and then and i must admit that both the artist and the megastar i sometimes tend to neglect, but on occasions such as the one i witnessed today when people were gathered to celebrate his art, his life and his message, i can only be very, very proud of the man and humbled to experience his impact on people, from little babies to grandads and entire families.

One aspect of Michael's life which has never been of interest to me has been his wealth. I neva cared for the broke/loans stories being circulated over the years. I've always believed he was a very sharp business man who knew what he was doin', especially when it came to that music catalog of his and Neverland. He did have a most dubious penchant for urns though lol, but since he worked hard for his money, he could dispose of it as he saw fit. Who am i to judge his tastes, right? Hey...he was only human and as hard as it for some to believe it, not even our sweet, precious Mike was perfect, so i guess he can be forgiven for them slipups :lol:

See? There is beauty and light to be felt still :cheeky:

You know? In my mind there have always been about 4 Michaels. I know it sounds stange, but hey...so am i :p The first and foremost has been the wonderful soul and the brilliant mind. I've always been in so much awe of his love for people and his efforts on behalf of children. That's why them horrid lies hurt sooo much because they attacked his very noble and pure essence and tried to undermine the credibility and salience of the message he was tryin' so hard to put out there.

With him being a genius it was only natural for his mind to be a treasure chest filled with all kinds of exciting things, but what impressed me as well was his inate intellectual curiosity and analytical capacity. Although he did not have the benefits/indoctrination (depends on how you see the educational process) of a formal education, he was such an amazing self-taught wizard on soooo many subjects that it's almost scary to realize how much he knew. And alongside other things such as his song writing and poetic qualities, which are strongly related to his awesome mental force, his intelligence is one of the most underrated traits of his.

I was actually thinkin about auction items the other day and i realized that i would have given up even the wooden stuff (which takes a lot of sacrifice on my part lol) for a book with comments and markings from him, especially one on African American history. I've seen some pictures of those and i think they are wonderful testaments to his brilliant mind, focus, clarity of thought and sense of morality.

Most times in second place came the gorgeous wonderful man. Such a statement would be futile without some evidence though, so here go some nice, funny little picsies of the man himself in action...well, more or less :cheeky: xrisx, i'm hopin' these will make you :) as well.

originalimage9823479983.jpg

mjjthebest.jpg

10218154442079941624679.jpg

mjjump.jpg

038lm.jpg

Only in third place came the artist. I am a huge fan of art and Michael has been since the very beginning my favorite artist and although along the years i've come to know a lot more artists from different genres, crafts and epochs, he remains my no.1. I do believe he is one of the greatest artists to have graced this earth and we are all hugely endebted to the good Lord for having given us the inmense blessing to live and experience his magic.

Generations to come will look upon us and call us the lucky ones, but maybe also the ungrateful ones because we didn't always treasure him and even on the contrary we have helped make decades of life a sheer torture and here i'm including everybody - the protagonists of scams, overzealous authorities with political agendas, unscrupulous media, fickle general public and demanding fans.

The fourth and 'final' version of Michael in my mind has been the megastar. Albeit interesting as reaction, the faiting of people at his sight/slightest movement has never been terribly striking to me. You can stir up interest, make people stop and stare, almost bump into objects on the street and try all kinda lines even when you are not famous. Some people have a certain aura, magnetism about them they can't help but attract views and impressions, even when they don't want it. I guess it's only a question of exposure and the size of the audience.

What is truly impressive about his impact on people though is the sheer love which emanates from crowds towards him. It might be in the fact that he grew up before the eyes of the entire world, could be in his humble, beautiful heart, his unbelievable talents, his vulnerability or his gorgeous smile, but what's for sure is that he has been such an awesomely important part of people's lives that he is almost part of the fabric of the global society we all live in and his life, achievements and sorrows have been interwoven into the lives of millions of others.

Truth be told, the first two 'sides' switch positions every now and then and i must admit that both the artist and the megastar i sometimes tend to neglect, but on occasions such as the one i witnessed today when people were gathered to celebrate his art, his life and his message, i can only be very, very proud of the man and humbled to experience his impact on people, from little babies to grandads and entire families.

One aspect of Michael's life which has never been of interest to me has been his wealth. I neva cared for the broke/loans stories being circulated over the years. I've always believed he was a very sharp business man who knew what he was doin', especially when it came to that music catalog of his and Neverland. He did have a most dubious penchant for urns though lol, but since he worked hard for his money, he could dispose of it as he saw fit. Who am i to judge his tastes, right? Hey...he was only human and as hard as it for some to believe it, not even our sweet, precious Mike was perfect, so i guess he can be forgiven for them slipups :lol:

Just.... >>>> :give_heart:

And the pictures... >>> :in_love:

Back