Jackson Estate Calls La Toya's Murder Accusation "Outrageous"

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- La Toya Jackson, Michael Jackson's sister, insists her pop icon brother was murdered as part of "a conspiracy" and calls Dr. Conrad Murray "the fall guy."

62873187.jpg

La Toya has upheld that belief ever since her brother died suddenly two years ago.

She tells KTLA her brother was targeted for murder because of his power in the music industry.

"It was pure murder," La Toya told KTLA on Wednesday. "I don't care what anyone says. This was pure murder. This was a controversy. This was all manipulated."

She says her brother knew he was being targeted and repeatedly mentioned it to her.

La Toya believes her brother's publishing rights to a catalog of songs, including works by the Beatles, motivated his alleged killers.

"He hated the fact that he had the catalog and they were going to murder him for it. So he said, 'I don't want it, it's not worth it.' And then the other part of him would say, 'No but it's mine. I bought it outright and I'm keeping it growing. This is for my children. They can't do this to me'," La Toya said.

She says she immediately went to police following her brother's death, but they would not look at other possible suspects besides Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal physician.

La Toya says her brother's death was part of "a conspiracy" by a group of individuals, including a high-powered entertainment lawyer.

"Dr. Murray was the fall guy," La Toya said.

She has her own theories on what motivated her brother's death.

"Michael had fired John Branca. He didn't want him around," she said, adding that her brother then "hired a private investigator."

"Then he found out John Branca had smuggled… $150-million off-shore of his money and he just started investigating," she added.

"I'm not blatantly saying they killed him. This was a conspiracy to do this to him."

Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009 after authorities say he was given a lethal dose of the powerful sedative propofol.

Conrad Murray is awaiting trial on involuntary manslaughter charges in connection with Jackson's death.

The Jackson Estate issued the following statement in response to La Toya Jackson's interview:

"The outrageous and obviously false statements made this morning by Latoya Jackson are further examples of her willingness to say anything involving her brother for attention or money. The truth is Michael appointed John Branca and John McClain as his Executors. Their success in generating unprecedented revenues for Michael's Estate coupled with their preserving, protecting and enhancing Michael Jackson's legacy speaks for itself."

La Toya Jackson is currently promoting her new book, "Starting Over."

VIDEO - KTLA: La Toya Jackson Says Michael Was Murdered -- ktla.com

So... the Estate can react properly and strictly and quickly if they want to...., They have to react to the OKs cocaine drama... the same way.

So... the Estate can react properly and strictly and quickly if they want to...., They have to react to the OKs cocaine drama... the same way.

Exactly!! Hell, they ARE MICHAEL JACKSON, and this mess could hurt MJ's legacy as well as, any endorsements the Estate has entered into or were vetting, meaning, 0 money for THEM AND MJ's children, not to mention, finishing tarnish his legacy!

DUDE! So the Estate has somethin' to say to Latoya's accusations but NOT For this B* AAron Carter??? OMG :eek:

I found a YT Vid. of a convo. he had with someone saying MORE THan the drugs... he's talking about Bed...and stuff.

I'll post it on the controversy thread!!! I'm in shock!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Excatly and im very dissapointed with the estate right now

Seriously....absolutely disgusted with how they clearly only care about their own names being cleared ASAP, yet do absolutely nothing on behalf of Michael's.

Whatever, man.

I'd much rather see the estate tackling that b.s. Aaron Carter story than La Toya's claims. The former bears more potential to tarnish his legacy, even if it is all built up on a foundation of lies.

I always read LaToya's statements with a little caution... I'm sure she is hurting and angry and so makes these statements with a very strong view and personal opinion, I don't think it is much use for the estate to comment on what she says....

But when they do, when they are personally attacked, they stand strong and defend themselves.

As the representatives of the MJ estate and as somebody said previously "they are Michael Jackson now".... surely there main responsibility is to defend Michael and his honour.... and deal with the AC BS first!

"The outrageous and obviously false statements made this morning by Latoya Jackson are further examples of her willingness to say anything involving her brother for attention or money."
Woah, those are some harsh words... why not give them to Aron Carter, too? :/

DUDE! So the Estate has somethin' to say to Latoya's accusations but NOT For this B* AAron Carter??? OMG :eek:

I found a YT Vid. of a convo. he had with someone saying MORE THan the drugs... he's talking about Bed...and stuff.

I'll post it on the controversy thread!!! I'm in shock!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

The Estate reacts of the Latoya-book more than one week after the pulbishing and one week after her interview.
The Carter-thing about the cok is one day ago. Meanwhile a dementi of Carter. And the thing about the bed-story is a few hours ago.

Surprise, surprise that their quick to make sure their names don't get slandered but, when it comes to directly protecting MJs name and not the brand they sit and do shit about it. Their all the same to me. I trust no one! They have plenty of time to say something. I wonder how many fans are gonna lap it up when they make a LATE ASS STATEMENT that's if they even do? If u didn't accept Aaron's late ass apology/denial then u shouldn't anyone else that hasn't said anything against him either. This is all BULL SH*T! I'm gonna help MJ my own way! Screw asking the phony self absorbed for help! If u don't agree, I don't care!

Last edited:
Surprise, surprise that their quick to make sure their names don't get slandered but, when it comes to directly protecting MJs name and not the brand they sit and do shit about it. Their all the same to me. I trust no one! They have plenty of time to say something. I wonder how many fans are gonna lap it up when they make a LATE ASS STATEMENT that's if they even do? If u didn't accept Aaron's late ass apology/denial then u shouldn't anyone else that hasn't said anything against him either. This is all BULL SH*T! I'm gonna help MJ my own way! Screw asking the phony self absorbed for help! If u don't agree, I don't care!

they keep saying they are monitoring & don't want to bring more attention to the story...but for fuck's sake when it hits CNN..you wake the eff up and go in damage control mode.

Carter a crackhead is now more believable than Michael jackson because the estate allowed his side of the story to run for 3 days without being challenged.

This is beyond damaging...and they will get the wake up call soon when the general public stop buying MJ products for their children.

So they are monitoring??? Should we be applauding them for the effort?

I am really disappointed with the Estate right now. The statement should have been released yesterday. I know they can't sue but how difficult is it to write a couple of sentences?

I agree. It would also be easier for them to contact people who were there and get statements from them officially. Yet, they do not do anything. Very frustrating.

Michael's Estate ran by John Branca and John McClain has my full backing, as they are the best people to look after Michael's legacy. But like most of you, I think they should also be releasing a statement disputing Aaron Carter's false claims about Michael in OK magazine, and seeking an apology from them. Protecting Michael's legacy isn't just about music and revenue, it's also largely about Michael's personality and what he stood for. And correcting and disputing lies from the likes Aaron Carter and Gene Simmon's is something the estate must be quicker and more proactive in doing. The tarnishing of Michael's name in the media must be stopped.

I am beyond pissed at the estate at the moment. There is absolutely no reason for them to let that story drag all over the world...

The cirque du soleil shows are only 4 months away..I guess they will wake up in an arena of empty chairs.

How the hell are they gonna market MJ to kids with that lie being reported as fact?

They really dropped the ball on this one. MJ's legacy isn't just about making money....

And that family....

This is what Jermaine tweeted about the 2nd interview:
jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson
@
@WhatAboutRain i've defended Michael's integrity for years thank you. you clearly weren't listening then either
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@
@TJMJJ that's very kind of you - thank you
2 hours ago

@
@magicpoetryx he doesn't say anything disturbing. the coverage is what's disturbing - and how some believe it
2 hours ago

@
@KarlaJorge i worry he didn't even know he was being taped for audio. not being careful is not the same as attacking michael
2 hours ago

@
@OffTheWall4MJxx you cause no offense, and yes i do. this is barack's spin everyone is getting sucked into
3 hours ago

@
@magicpoetryx yes, i've heard the audio
3 hours ago

@
@DaQueen_GFM a bandwagon has rolled into town with aaron carter's name on it
3 hours ago

@
@Melishaxoxo listen carefully to what he said
3 hours ago

i don't need to be told to defend my brother. I will. I do. always. But only when i actually hear someone attacking him
3 hours ago

And the piece de resistance:

@UNITED4MJLEGACY it serves as no lesson. YOU are making the same mistake as Bashir and associating bed with something improper #listenagain

His defense of Carter insinuating that Michael would have raped him had he not woken up at 5AM..is we are making a "mistake by associating bed with something improper". He has deleted that tweet after he was ripped for even using this argument as a defense...but I got a good screencap.

That is why I tell you guys: leave the family out if this. Don't bother asking them to give us quotes or defend Michael....they are not PR-savvy and will cause irreparable damage to MJ's legacy if they start issuing statements. They are a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
I think they will be presented the second clip at any time and hopefully they will make a statement.

I think they will be presented the second clip at any time and hopefully they will make a statement.

Who they?

the family? they have it...I saw it tweeted to each family member last night.

The estate received it less than an hour after it was posted online.

The Estate's silence on this thus far only encourages more of this bulls***tery to develop in the near future.

Who they?

the family? they have it...I saw it tweeted to each family member last night.

The estate received it less than an hour after it was posted online.

Yes they have it. But they have to sure check some things and not to twitter wild reactions.
They have never done this in such way. And I have to say the only medium who spreads this Youtoube-Video are the MJ-Fanboards so far.

The silence of the Estate is a really big shame.
They care so much for their good names. Well... what about Michael's good name?
This is incredible and absolutely wrong.

Even when people first started saying something about the A. Carter, people were at the same time crying out for the Estate to address LaToya's claims. There was no first address this then later address that. So, now they have after waiting to get a statement out of her mouth that clearly insinuates a specific something and someone; yet, even at this point, you didn't read anything about suing LaToya. So, I don't see a case of "my name is more important to clear." As a matter of fact, it appears the statement was a direct result of being contacted by the media and not simply because they heard her say it.

The Estate understands that sometimes it is best to wait for everything to be put on the table before replying so as not to keep piecemealing and adjusting a reply as info. dribbles out as it seems they are trying to do with the Barak interview snippets. The Estate would have to know exactly what and whom they are talking about.

The Estate also has to weigh in the business side, whether people like it or not. They are quite aware of the ventures that are upcoming with Michael's image and legacy front and center. Do you really think that if they got a report that tickets to the Cirque shows were being returned faster than a speeding train, they would not try to do something? Yes, while it is frustrating to hear the media pull the same old tricks, it doesn't necessarily resonates with the general public as was evident when Michael died (because you don't get that type of worldwide response from the public for someone truly believed to be a child molester; heck, the media doesn't even believe it based on their reactions and coverage).

This is the type of time you wish the family would work with the Estate because this is really the sort of thing that the family and friends should be attacking and not Michael's business.

The Estate hasn't been responding to every personal rumor mill since the beginning; Michael himself didn't always immediately pounce on everything that fans thought he should have. Maybe at some point they can get to that stage of focus but right now I think that they have their hands full with plenty of B.S. and has to weigh what and when to speak out. I would love to see a reaction from them, but I really wasn't expecting an immediate one in the first place; that hasn't been their style with any of the crap including when it directly went to them (such as the Michael CD stuff).

Again, this truly should come from the family and friends. It would be viewed as a personal defense versus a business defense (which could be spun be the media as simply trying to protect the dollars versus being a truly personal view of Michael's character) coming from the Estate. But, let's face it . . . there has been a long history of people making insinuations about Michael (even right in their faces) and they simply smile back (Janet and Leno, Jermaine and Tatum, George Lopez, etc. as the most recent); they don't get it when it is direct or indirect a lot of times. So, there is no reason not to expect it to continue.

And as someone said earlier, people should be careful with what exactly they are trying to get out to the public. It's not what Carter said, so passing the link to the audio really won't help.

Last edited:
Well the estate is in a spot, if they issue a statement it is going to blowup everywhere, right know only mj fans are pickingup that part of the story,
I don't know but we need to clam down a bit,

^ it s not ONLY fans.

Plenty of people are talking about this.

ATTN ALL MEMBERS: Just listened to AM640 with Lisa Ann Walter and Randy Wang, they had people call in on whether they would send their kids to Neverland with Michael. Lisa Ann spent about 30 minutes ripping apart Michael, spewing lies, and how she thought he was still guilty without mentioning any facts

Lisa Ann Walter

Back