Our Surreal Encouter with Travis Payne and all the Cirque du Soleil guys! <3

PurpleParrot

Proud Member
Yesterday (August 1st 2011) I was going to Janet Jackson's concert in Montreal with friends.

When the show ended, we went outside on the arena sidewalk as all the others were also making their way out of the show... and then.. I looked on my right..., said to myself ''no, I'm probably wrong''... looked again, and said to my friend ''Is that Travis Payne??'' she looks at him and looks at me with big eyes ''OMG!'' she goes to him and asks him ''Excuse me, are you Travis Payne?'' and.. he answers: YES!

O_O

Then I came while he was saying to my friend ''Hi, what's your name'', and shaking hands, then turned to me and did the same, asked my name, shook hands and gave hug.. then.. He says.. hey, please meet (forgot the name), another dancer of the Cirque du Soleil show.. and he presented all the guys to us, they were all so LOVELY, we all shook hands, they asked our names and gave us theirs (I forgot most of them, too excited lol) then my friend and I went back to Travis and start talking to him about the Flashmob we'll be doing at the premiere or the Cirque du Soleil and he said it was a great idea. We talked with him for maybe 5-7 minutes, he told us they're in Montreal to rehearse for the Cirque du Soleil show, that they work 6/7 days a week, 12hrs a day and that they hope they're gonna see us there. I told him I have my ticket for Montreal AND Quebec shows lol We then asked for picture with him. Another friend of mine showed Travis my MJ tattoo on my arm and he seemed moved by it (it says Never Can Say Goodbye 1958 - Forever) (awww). He said ok we better go before we all start to cry now! ;)

Then we started talking with some of the other guys, the dancers who are thrilled with the project, Zaldy, the guy who did the costume for This is it and a little after MJ's drummer, Jonathan ''Sugarfoot'' came in our group too, I went to him and said to him ''Thank you so much for all the work you've done'' and I got the biggest, neverending hug ever. He held me for like forever, I started to go, but he kept holding, I'm hug saturated for a year now, what a sweet man!!! We kept talking with some of them and, total, we maybe spent 20-30 minutes talking with them, taking pics, giving hugs and everything!! Stacy Walker was there too, but we actually just realised she was behind us in one of the picture!

Then another friend of mine who was also with us during all this said ''hey could we do a group picture with the dancers?'' so we asked them, got a first pic with some of them, then they all realized there was a group pic taken, so they all joined and we took another pic with everybody! There were like, 3 of us and all of them, in this huge group pic, that is just PRICELESS!!!

We told them there was an aftershow at a bar close, but they work so hard on the show that they had to go to bed (or meet with Janet?), so we all said goodbye to each other, gave tons of hugs and kisses again and let them go in their little bus...

JUST WOW!

I'm telling you, those guys are the sweetest and most ego-free people I've met, they were all just so kind, we chatted, and same for Travis, what a sweet man, so generous, NO WONDER why Michael wanted to work with them (some were also dancers for This is it) they ARE love!

So that closed this evening wonderfully

My pic with Travis (look at his t-shirt!!! so cute)
metravis18112.jpg

My pic with Jonathan, so sweet man!
sugarfootme.jpg

The group pic, my 2 friends and I are at the top between the two guys wearing a hat
immortalpic2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, that was so sweet.

Didn't you just get to see Prince at that amazing concert in Montreal a little while ago? You have some amazing concert mojo going on right now.

I love that top that travis is wearing... so cute!!! :wub:

Oh I love your story of meeting Travis and the dancers
Jonathon Sugar foot loved MJ worked for is for many yrs and has said some remarkable things
about working with him. He does seem very sweet. I would love to meet him. I end my day on
a happy note now. Thank you for sharing .. I just love Travis cute T-shirt so awsome

wow, that's amazing! It must have been great to meet all of them! Congrat!!

on a side note: I want a t-shirt like Travis'!!!!!

Your recap was great. Made me feel I was there with you. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!!!!!

I love stories like this :D Shame we don't get such chances like this in the UK :(

Back