Winnie The Pooh Thread

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
Are there anybody feeling Pooh-ish latley, I am. I love Winnie The Pooh my whole life. To any Winnie The Pooh fans can join this thread. Discuss our favourite characters, moments on film & episode.

winnie-the-pooh-2011-6.jpg

I've always loved Winnie the Pooh too. I bought the actual book for my sister, and I see she's completely ignored it in favour of Disney Channel garbage, but anyway...you try, right? I might try to reclaim it--it's sad to see it gathering dust on her shelf. I would appreciate it and add it to my already existing collection of children's literature (Peter Pan, Peter Rabbit, The Little Prince).

On to the series itself, though...I reckon my favourite character was always Owl. I also like Pooh and Roo. I hated Tigger for a while--he's a bit too hyperactive for my liking, but I grew to like him with time. He's one of my High School friend's favourite characters of all time--so I bought her a figurine of him when I went to Disney World. I know everyone's favourite is usually Eeyore, judging from all the merchandise the Disney Store has of him--but he never really appealed to me. Overall, the series is an absolute gem of childhood innocence and wonder--in its book form it fosters a love of reading in young children, in its television form, it's charming and educational, with a tinge of the child-like wonder in all of us.

I miss series and books like Winnie the Pooh. The more I think about it, the more I find modern things wanting... The only exception I could think of is Harry Potter, but that's certainly not something for younger children.

I love that show. HEY! I love Tigger, he's my favourite character he's really funny, plus that used to be my little brother's nickname. But he hated that, sadly he's a Disney hater and I hated him for it. I hate Disney haters. I used to have books about the original Winnie The Pooh, I don't what happend to them, I guess I didn't care much of it when I was so young. I still have a Pooh plush, the episodes my mom taped over the years. I really wanted to see the movie that's is out right now. I still want Disney to release the complete DVD set of the show right now, like many fans wanted it.

^They should release a DVD set of the whole TV show. I reckon they're too preoccupied with selling rude humour and sex to children nowadays to do us all a favour and release something worthwhile. I'm probably going to wait for the film to be released on DVD--I've spent all I'm willing to spend on theatre time for this summer.

Ah, well, I just found him annoying, but like I said earlier, he grew on me.

ok..its time to tell....I am a HUGE..Winnie The Pooh fan..lol. My favorite character is Tigger. I guess his energy level is kind of how mine USE to be,,,when I was a few years younger..but I still adore him. My least favorite character is Eeyore ..he is soooo depressing...he makes me wanna give him a happy pill or something..:) I love Pooh...he is adorable....Rabbit can get on my nervous at times..I pretty much like at the other characters.they are fun to watch. My youngest child will be turning 18 soon.(THAT is a sore spot for my in itself)..and I am not able to watch these Disney movies like I use to...I have the Disney Collections on VHS from when I kids were little,..I kept them for them ..they are great memories for me..even though VHS is out...lol...my plan is that when I die I will let them chose the ones they each want and do what they will with them. I think my daughter and I may go to the movie in the theater...she says she wants to but...who really knows...they say one thing and then...end up doing something else...she likes Winnie the Pooh movies to....so maybe we will go..guess I have to wait and see..lol

^They should release a DVD set of the whole TV show. I reckon they're too preoccupied with selling rude humour and sex to children nowadays to do us all a favour and release something worthwhile. I'm probably going to wait for the film to be released on DVD--I've spent all I'm willing to spend on theatre time for this summer.

Ah, well, I just found him annoying, but like I said earlier, he grew on me.

Well I guess Disney pretty much too much focusing on teen stuff which I say is very boring. They already released collection sets of "Duck Tales", "TaleSpin" and "Chip & Dales: Rescue Rangers" on DVD already, now it's "Winnie The Pooh"'s turn. I wanna get that movie on DVD too soon. I love the parts with Pooh and Eeyore thought Owl sneeze while he actually said "issue" and the part with Tigger and the balloon.

ok..its time to tell....I am a HUGE..Winnie The Pooh fan..lol. My favorite character is Tigger. I guess his energy level is kind of how mine USE to be,,,when I was a few years younger..but I still adore him. My least favorite character is Eeyore ..he is soooo depressing...he makes me wanna give him a happy pill or something..:) I love Pooh...he is adorable....Rabbit can get on my nervous at times..I pretty much like at the other characters.they are fun to watch. My youngest child will be turning 18 soon.(THAT is a sore spot for my in itself)..and I am not able to watch these Disney movies like I use to...I have the Disney Collections on VHS from when I kids were little,..I kept them for them ..they are great memories for me..even though VHS is out...lol...my plan is that when I die I will let them chose the ones they each want and do what they will with them. I think my daughter and I may go to the movie in the theater...she says she wants to but...who really knows...they say one thing and then...end up doing something else...she likes Winnie the Pooh movies to....so maybe we will go..guess I have to wait and see..lol

I love all the characters, but I too love Tigger, he's actually one of my favourite Disney characters, he's really funny, you know I'm kinda related to Eeyore, because of one episode when he wants to be popular, he's only popular for "Hello"s, much like I do. Tom Kenny said that Rabbit is related to Squidward from Sponegbob and I agree with that fact. I love when makes a funny sinister laugh as he does occasionally. BTW Tom Kenny is now Rabbit. I love Tom Kenny, he's one of my favourite VA's.

[YOUTUBE]y1I-m2U4ExM&[/YOUTUBE]

I enjoyed the recent movie. It was cute. :) But I really miss the old voices. I definitely miss Paul Winchell as Tigger. I used to watch the cartoon a lot when I was a kid. Also had an episode recorded on video of the old Welcome to Pooh Corner from the 80s.

I love "Welcome to Pooh Corner", I always love Laurie Main as the narrator/storyteller of the show, he's best.

pop said:
Well I guess Disney pretty much too much focusing on teen stuff which I say is very boring. They already released collection sets of "Duck Tales", "TaleSpin" and "Chip & Dales: Rescue Rangers" on DVD already, now it's "Winnie The Pooh"'s turn. I wanna get that movie on DVD too soon. I love the parts with Pooh and Eeyore thought Owl sneeze while he actually said "issue" and the part with Tigger and the balloon.

I agree. It's pretty stupid and boring. It's really presenting adolescence through rose-tinted glasses--always a mistake. Disney should go back to catering to children and leave the teeny bopper stuff to channels which cater to teenagers like the N or whatever else. Yeah I know they released the entire Duck Tales series (my brother has it), and Darkwing Duck (I want it). They ought to release all of Winnie the Pooh too. =/

While on the subject, I once gave someone a Winnie the Pooh Christmas card. I just remembered--he loved it, he said.

I just so L.O.V.E. Winnie The Pooh. I still have my 2 Winnie The Poohs and my Tigger stuffed animals from when I was little. And I remember back in the late 80s every Saturday morning. I will watch The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. It was one of my favorite cartoons to watch back then. I even remember back in Kindergarten or first grade. This was back in the mid 80s. The one classroom or grade in my school did like a party or parade that was all Winnie The Pooh related. I even remember them playing Winnie's theme song. I have a L.O.V.E. for all the Winnie The Pooh characters. But my absolute favorite character has always been Tigger. I had always thought he was the most cutest out of all of them. I also L.O.V.E. A.A Milne's Winnie The Pooh version just as much as I L.O.V.E. Disney's version.

I just so L.O.V.E. Winnie The Pooh. I still have my 2 Winnie The Poohs and my Tigger stuffed animals from when I was little. And I remember back in the late 80s every Saturday morning. I will watch The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. It was one of my favorite cartoons to watch back then. I even remember back in Kindergarten or first grade. This was back in the mid 80s. The one classroom or grade in my school did like a party or parade that was all Winnie The Pooh related. I even remember them playing Winnie's theme song. I have a L.O.V.E. for all the Winnie The Pooh characters. But my absolute favorite character has always been Tigger. I had always thought he was the most cutest out of all of them. I also L.O.V.E. A.A Milne's Winnie The Pooh version just as much as I L.O.V.E. Disney's version.
I just love to watch Winnie the Pooh Theme and cartoon series from my childhood.I am played with pooh bear and Tigger in my childhood.

I'm also gonna post episodes here as well since they're on YouTube. I'll post a few at time.

[YOUTUBE]GwfbftBOkP8[/YOUTUBE]
This episode is slightly off sync

[YOUTUBE]sMvCEzVOhoM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xCCM_ZY2bXQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tiX7i8VG_RI[/YOUTUBE]

I have an embarrassing amount of Winnie the Pooh related stuff for a 24 year old. Suffice to say, love him!
Have you guys seen the Russian version of Pooh? It's hilarious. I'll post an episode tomorrow when I'm feeling more alert. :)

I have an embarrassing amount of Winnie the Pooh related stuff for a 24 year old. Suffice to say, love him!
Have you guys seen the Russian version of Pooh? It's hilarious. I'll post an episode tomorrow when I'm feeling more alert. :)

You don't have to be embarrassed about the Winnie The Pooh merchandise, I still have a plush of Pooh and I'm 26 and I have no shame in it. I saw a bit of the Russian version. It is super silly I laughed when he fall off the tree like in the Disney original film and shouted "MAMA!" as he landed on the prickled bush. Funny.

Here's a Bubble Trouble episode.

[YOUTUBE]ybjXoJKcGm0[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a Halloween special of "Winnie The Pooh"

[YOUTUBE]c-mrUwkFYN4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8bi5v1ghkQM[/YOUTUBE]

One of the cutest episodes because of Rabbit's relatives were all bunnies, Oh my god how adorable they are.

[YOUTUBE]1-2U1i5ksTw[/YOUTUBE]

Winnie The Pooh and Hockey. What more can I get?

[YOUTUBE]jx5HCXlECuo[/YOUTUBE]

Piglet's Poohetry & Owl's Well That Ends Well

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]-lT82h1y1Qo[/YOUTUBE]

That Papa Heffalump is so hilarious and Mama Heffalump looked so cute at 6:40.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]GXRUTKZaYgg[/YOUTUBE]

Friend In Deed

Last edited:
Since today is Valentine's Day this is one of my favourite episodes.

[YOUTUBE]xCCM_ZY2bXQ[/YOUTUBE]

"Un-Valentines's Day

Classic Disney, I love Winnie the Pooh, I adored the series, and I even had The Tigger Movie, its been forever since I've seen anything that has to do with Winnie The Pooh. My favorite character was always Pooh, so cute and sweet! WTP is DEFINITELY better then anything on the Disney Channel now.

Classic Disney, I love Winnie the Pooh, I adored the series, and I even had The Tigger Movie, its been forever since I've seen anything that has to do with Winnie The Pooh. My favorite character was always Pooh, so cute and sweet! WTP is DEFINITELY better then anything on the Disney Channel now.

Oh yeah. I always loved the show watching it on ABC and MCTV-CBC. Then I started watching it again on The Family Channel in 2000 and much later on Disney Jr. I still wish Disney would release the show on a Box Set DVD, like a few have like Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin and Rescue Rangers. If they do release it, I wanna watch it for hours.

Been a while since I posted an episode.

[YOUTUBE]XpxcdL6jTeg[/YOUTUBE]

"Find Her Keep Her", another cute episode, well it's really cute in the beginning. And this episode is out of sync and the picture is well small by half.

And look what I just found. It's an original drawing from the episode "Party Poohper".

party-poohper-3.jpg

I loved the TV show growing up, well, I still do. I understand people want to present Pooh and his friends to different generations but I think they ruin the magic doing a new version in 2D or 3D, I'm an old school fan.

I loved the TV show growing up, well, I still do. I understand people want to present Pooh and his friends to different generations but I think they ruin the magic doing a new version in 2D or 3D, I'm an old school fan.

If only they would release the show for a complete series DVD like some Disney cartoons already have been released officially and if it did we all be very happy.

[YOUTUBE]g9jdDOc3yQs[/YOUTUBE]

23 languages of "The New Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh" opening.

I love both English Version 2, French, Japanese, Polish Version 2, Dutch, Russian Version 2 and Swedish. Plus the 1st version of the opening theme is good, but I loved the 2nd version better because it has the beat and has better sounds.

Back