Tribute dinner for Michael Jackson in Turkey

angel2

Proud Member
A local religious association to promote unity amongst religions and civilizations organized a tribute dinner for Michael Jackson in the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in Midyat, Turkey. The president of the association hailed Jackson as a symbol of peace and unity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion and race.

100 villagers participated in the dinner and prayed for Jackson.

fft5_mf788842.Jpeg

Source

http://www.radikal.com.tr/Radikal.a...icleID=1059844&Date=13.08.2011&CategoryID=138

Thanks to those who have thanked me for this great article ... but rightfully the thanks needs to go to my FB friend - Sezin Tekin for sharing this special article with me ?

Last edited:
That is the most lovely, sweet, heart warming, endearing, wonderful, appropriate thing I have heard in a long time. Now that is a Michael tribute. The theme really shows what Michael was all about. They really have a grip on the true Michael there.

Please send a copy of this to his family.

let me add a note as a Muslim. Dinners at the month of Ramadan is called an Iftar and providing free food during dinner time is believed to be one of the most charitable events.

so it seems like they are doing a religiously highly charitable event in his name. wow.

Thank you to the people who thought of this beautiful TRIBUTE. It came from the heart obviously.

Thank you Ivy for the explanation. Makes me appreciate the gesture even more.

let me add a note as a Muslim. Dinners at the month of Ramadan is called an Iftar and providing free food during dinner time is believed to be one of the most charitable events.

so it seems like they are doing a religiously highly charitable event in his name. wow.

Thank you for the explanation Ivy, and Ramadan is such a holy time too that the tribute have a more precious significance. I wish we could get this noticed in the mass media.

That is a sign of love which MJ wants, and im sure well all do! Well done to them

I know that his spirit was hovering around them during that dinner. What a great message of love.

A local religious association to promote unity amongst religions and civilizations organized a tribute dinner for Michael Jackson in the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in Midyat, Turkey. The president of the association hailed Jackson as a symbol of peace and unity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion and race.

100 villagers participated in the dinner and prayed for Jackson.

fft5_mf788842.Jpeg

Source

http://www.radikal.com.tr/Radikal.a...icleID=1059844&Date=13.08.2011&CategoryID=138

Thanks to those who have thanked me for this great article ... but rightfully the thanks needs to go to my FB friend - Sezin Tekin for sharing this special article with me ?

This is so.... SPECIAL!!!!!!
I know Michael Jackson was there also.
angel3r.gif

This is sooo beautiful, bringing tears of joy and gratitude to my eyes...

This is truly the essence of what Michael is all about...Thankyou Turkey :)

That is the most lovely, sweet, heart warming, endearing, wonderful, appropriate thing I have heard in a long time. Now that is a Michael tribute. The theme really shows what Michael was all about. They really have a grip on the true Michael there.

Please send a copy of this to his family.

I agree with every word you said.. These folks did this from the heart..THAT is what Michael would love

thank you for explaining that IVY.I wonder if there is anyway that we could get a word of thanks to this group of folks?

This is a Tribute!!! This is what Michael deserves. This is what Michael wanted, unity through out the world.
Thanks to the Muslims who organized this tribute.

A small tear of joy came into my eye while reading about this honour to Michael.

I have looked about Midyat with Google, read yourself:
http://www.midyatcity.com/index.htm

Maybe Soulman can tell us still a little more? (Hey, Soulman! Where are you?)

The fact that this tribute dinner was for Michael in Midyat, is a double reason for joy.

Wow, what a beautiful thread! A breath of fresh air amongst all the insanity. Kudos to them!

So proud to have now made Turkey my home. Wish I had known about this before. Thankyou to all of the wonderful people who organised this.

"The president of the association hailed Jackson as a symbol of......

peace and unity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion and race. "

Michael in a nutshell!!!

So thankful that we have been fortunate enough to have appreciated the worth of Michael ..... & these wonderful people in Turkey where blessed too to know his true worth.

These are the people who matter .... not the media who were possibly aware of the magnitude of Michael ... but were too jealous to give him his due credit.

My heart SANG with JOY when I found this article because this confirmed that Michael had actually won in the end.

His message of LOVE, COMPASSION & UNITY had reached across the world and made a positive impact to millions of lives .... regardless of color, ethnicity, religion and race!

LOVE & PEACE to ALL

XX

hey, i'm Turkish and live in the capital city of Turkey, Ankara.

Midyat is a place belongs to one of our cities which is called Mardin. unfortunately, i have never had a chance to go there but i want to explain this city for you.

in Midyat, you can see people from a lot of regions and races, muslims, christians, syriac christians, turkish, arabs and so on. I have to add that these people live there together for a looong loong time, very before the Ottomans till today. they love each others, sometime some hateful people want to break this friendship there, but they don't let them. Because they know that love and being human are the most improtant things than the races and the religions. they live there with a big freedom.

for example, muslims invite their negihbours who are not muslims to their houses for Iftar(Ramadan dinners). They always show their respects to each others. you can see churches and mosques in the same village, think about it, what a big dream for our world. but this dream has been there for a long time.

Like Michael always wants, they live together without thinking each other's races or religions.

i'm really sorry, for now i can only say these as a summary. i don't have enough time for now. but i will inform you later if you want. also sorry for my poor English, i hope i can explain a little what i think about.

So proud to have now made Turkey my home. Wish I had known about this before. Thankyou to all of the wonderful people who organised this.

i didn't know you are from Turkey. i knew you were from UK. i remember wrongly i think, what a great memory i have :)

Hangi ?ehirde ya??yorsunuz? Ben Ankara'day?m
(Which country do you live? I'm in Ankara)

with L.O.V.E.

I live in Kusadasi and have for the past 4 years. I'm British but my husband and I retired here. Love the Turkish people and have friends of all races and religions. Merhaba!!

I live in Kusadasi and have for the past 4 years. I'm British but my husband and I retired here. Love the Turkish people and have friends of all races and religions. Merhaba!!

Merhaba :)

Kusadadi is an amazing place, i love there. what a great decision for you to be in Kusadasi after a long time working period. OMG, what a great surprise for me also, this made me happy. i'm also happy that you are happy in our country. may be one day if i go to Kusadasi, i would love to visit you and you'll show me your Michael collection . because i remember from the MJJC forums that you have a great collection :)

please say hello to your husband. i love both of you.

i wish my English could be better and could say many many beautiful things to you. but i hope you understand my feelings. i love you

with L.O.V.E.

You would be welcome any time. Your English is really very good, a lot better than my attempts at Turkish. lol

QUOTE=soulmum;3463872]You would be welcome any time. Your English is really very good, a lot better than my attempts at Turkish. lol[/QUOTE]

thank you so much...

you are so kind hun. you made me shy here by saying these words for my English. thank you :wub:

i'm sure you can speak Turkish very well, i'm really sure..

i love you

take care

:flowers:

with L.O.V.E.

Back