Joe Vogel replaced by Diane Dimond on HLN

HIStory

Proud Member
This is from Twitter:

JoeVogel1 Joe Vogel

Busy week ahead, including interviews w/ Positively Michael (wed.), CNN's HLN (Friday), and MJ Preservation Project (Sun.)

22 Aug

JoeVogel1 Joe Vogel

The HLN taping is this Friday but will air in early September. I'll let everyone know the exact time/date when I know.

But then:

JoeVogel1 Joe Vogel

Never mind about my scheduled appearance on HLN. Just found out I was replaced on the panel. People will hear from Diane Dimond instead

15 hours ago

Diane Dimond answered:

DiDimond Diane Dimond
@ @JoeVogel1 What are you talking about? I had nothing to do with picking a panel and you've got all Jacko fans screaming for my head. Come on
7 hours ago

DiDimond Diane Dimond
@ @JoeVogel1 you have no idea what you've unleashed on my head.
6 hours ago

Joe Vogel:

JoeVogel1 Joe Vogel @

@DiDimond Never said you picked the panel. Read the tweet

10 hours ago

-----------

So Dimond instead of Joe Vogel on HLN.

*Sigh*

Will the media ever give a break to Michael? Disgusting.

yes I seen this tweeted thanks for posting it. what more of a slap in the face could there be than to have DD cover this trial? They do stuff like this unpurpose. They want the ratings..I for one dont watch that channel anymore anyway ever since Drew Pinsky started on there...why even bother they lie and make stuff up. Also this chic needs to to told that she needs to stop calling Michael J***o she is so disrespectful. She already has me blocked on twitter..guess from when we had another thing going on with her and I was trying to set her straight, So anyone that has a twitter account...you know what to do

Diana Diamond?????????????? This is ridiculous. This women seemed to be obsessed with MJ in a really bad way. She showed that she is very bias to everything related to MJ. I can't believe this. and I hate to see :JACKO" coming out again.

:wtf:

Are you serious?....They really seem to be stacking HLN with haters of Michael aren't they? :doh:

DiDimond Diane Dimond
@ @JoeVogel1 What are you talking about? I had nothing to do with picking a panel and you've got all Jacko fans screaming for my head. Come on
7 hours ago

Right, we want her head because of Vogel, she's a saint :smilerolleyes:

I am not watching any of these shows. They wanted Michael to be guilty in 2005 and that didn't happen. Now they want Murray to walk and this is like their second chance to get Michael in their twisted minds. I don't see who is going to give us fair coverage on this. It's even harder this time with Michael not here. It's so unfair.

Jacko fans? Someone slap that bitch for me. And why in the world would they replace Joe with that biased tranny?

Of course he will be replaced. God forbid they have someone who is actually educated on MJ and will positively speak out about him!

It is not worth it to show HLN we disapprove, IMHO. Their whole station format has been to bash MJ. I doubt they care what we think. I think we would be better served in trying to fight to get a more balanced station to know we support them and that we stop supporting HLN by giving them ratings and such.

This is from Twitter:

Diane Dimond answered:

DiDimond Diane Dimond
7 hours ago

DiDimond Diane Dimond
@ @JoeVogel1 you have no idea what you've unleashed on my head.
6 hours ago

Joe Vogel:

JoeVogel1 Joe Vogel @

@DiDimond Never said you picked the panel. Read the tweet

10 hours ago

-----------

So Dimond instead of Joe Vogel on HLN.

*Sigh*

Will the media ever give a break to Michael? Disgusting.

Not only does she cannot report ethically, she also cannot read. As Vogel said he did not say she chose the panel. What is going on is they want an all con-michael panel. I am glad she knows the fans will be attacking her, and notice what she called Michael. We are supposed to give credence to what she says? She has only contempt for Michael, the man who keeps her working and getting a paycheck.

Another reason for this channel to be banned on mjjc and for ppl not to watch it

No one wants to hear from Diane "Ugly as all Hell Hag" Demon, and HLN should have gotten that message by now. I mean, she's not exactly the first person to come to mind when one thinks of journalistic integrity (in fact, she's at the bottom of my list, along with Martin Bashir and other people who have been conclusively proven beyond all doubt to be liars and manipulators). Why HLN (or any other network, for that matter) would want to ally themselves with such a sorry b---ch is completely beyond me...or at least, it would be if we were plainly speaking in the theoretical without any other factors playing in.

However, it is clear, what they intend on doing. The truth is plain and simple--HLN obviously does not care for journalistic integrity when they hire their workers (evidence: that rabid hag Nancy DisGrace being basically the face of the network, along with that unsightly and equally biased woman, Joy(less) Behar). What they do care about, however, are ratings, and what sort of person could do a better job at giving them the sensationalism and utter chaos they crave than tabloid pseudo-journalist Diane Demon? It's a perfect strategy, looking at it from that angle, and no doubt many lay people (meaning not particularly brilliant non-Michael Jackson fans)will fall for the "name appeal" Headline News enjoys (it doesn't exactly sound like a tabloid, especially with their CNN affiliation, so they have the "name prestige" pure tabloid shows like The Insider lack). Even though they are the "news and views" channel, the CNN affiliation would imply at least some degree of professionalism, and people would be right to assume such things, theoretically speaking. This all changes in the practical and evident truth (the only truth that matters, by the way), once one has a closer look at exactly who makes it onto HLN, and WHY.

I would not be surprised if they had planned this move all along, merely hiring Vogel as a stand-in before this "panel" voted on a wannabe journalist with horrible credentials (actually, no credentials whatsoever, since she doesn't even have a degree in journalism) instead. One would normally be willing to pardon this if, and only if, the person in question proved himself to be a competent and balanced journalist. As we all know (and as evidence shows, more importantly), Dimond has never been anything of the sort. Her entire career culminated because of the 2005 Michael Jackson trial, and we know what a shoddy job she did at covering it, so that doesn't exactly speak volumes on her competence. Moreover, even taking that very important tidbit out of the equation, her history leaves much to be desired. Prior to the Michael trial, she was best known for being on Hard Copy, a now cancelled celebrity tabloid show, and Extra, another of the same stock. Presently, she is only really seen on Entertainment Tonight, yet another tabloid show with zero substance. Overall, her history does not paint a very impressive picture, even if we were to ignore her massive journalistic transgressions.

Everyone knows even the most pedestrian of chimps would probably be overqualified for the "niche" of being a tabloid reporter, since the profession itself requires no brain and all talk, so the tabloid shows choose to hire Diane Demon instead. However, they overlook the fact that, even among tabloid pseudo-journalists, she's still not the sharpest tool in the shed (and her peers aren't exactly what I'd call brilliant). Knowing this, one would think she'd at least have sense enough to not attempt to fake stories for profit (see: Canadian boy incident). No such luck, apparently. Despite the giant journalistic transgressions she's committed, Dimond is still permitted to call her sorry self a "journalist" solely because she attracts ratings ($$$) with her asinine Michael Jackson "news coverage." Could you imagine the backlash if a respected journalist was found to be fabricating stories for profit? Since Dimond has never been a real journalist, and has only provided cheap sensationalism (and money), networks are willing to overlook her very prominent lack of any integrity whatsoever, when reporting or otherwise (what kind of person can she be when she frequently lies and makes things up for profit?)

If HLN is willing to sell out even further for money instead of objective and fair coverage, then screw them straight to Hell. I certainly will not be among the audience when the trial airs--the last thing I need, as paramount insult added to already grievous injury, is to have this crackpot b--ch smearing Michael's memory with her lies (or with her repugnant presence). Enough is enough, and I will not stand by and let them do this to Michael again. Instead, I will be speaking out against them through whatever mediums I possibly can, and spreading awareness about the kind of people they're willing to hire, and the journalistic crimes they have committed and continue to commit, unrepentant.

I don't know how you can fight these people. There are too many of them. From Jane, Nancy, Dr,Drew and Joy it's stacked up against us. They want Murray to walk. It feels like a gang up and I won't watch any of them. It's too much and people believe their crap. It's unfair and not right. I feel like we are alone in this.

Jacko fans?

150662_o.gif

I think we need to contact the sponsors of HLN and let them know how we feel. Some of us on FB have been throwing around ideas to get HLN’s attention. We have been e-mailing both CNN and Dr. Drew for weeks and it’s not doing any good. I think we need to step it up a notch and contact the corporate sponsors in a very respectful way. Is there any way the Estate can be contacted also to get their input? This situation is only going to get worse once the actual trial gets underway.

Diana Diamond?????????????? This is ridiculous. This women seemed to be obsessed with MJ in a really bad way. She showed that she is very bias to everything related to MJ. I can't believe this. and I hate to see :JACKO" coming out again.

She is not obsessed with him in proper. She merely uses him as a cash cow, a fast and proven way to say whatever asinine thing comes to her puny mind and make quick and painless profit that way. After all, it's Michael Jackson, among the most famous and the most misunderstood celebrities in the world. The interest will always be present, and since people are generally stupid and very much oblivious to looking into the fine detail of things and properly researching the facts before taking anyone's beliefs/opinions as such, Dimond has successfully been able to establish a name for herself as the "Michael Jackson person", at least among tabloid pseudo-journalists. I'm sure her affiliating with Michael Schoen hasn't hurt her career either--she's already well-known for being a parasite, who's to say she didn't use him to futher catapult her "career" as well?

I'm pretty sure she would quit covering Michael Jackson news and move on to something else the minute that strategy stops making her money--however, that is very unlikely to ever happen. The only hope we can possibly harbor is that some among the general population will be able to see this b---h for what she really is, especially non-fans.

I don't know how you can fight these people. There are too many of them. From Jane, Nancy, Dr,Drew and Joy it's stacked up against us. They want Murray to walk. It feels like a gang up and I won't watch any of them. It's too much and people believe their crap. It's unfair and not right. I feel like we are alone in this.

No, you're right, I don't know...but I'll be damned if I don't at least try. It is the least I can do after everything Michael has done for me. His music is largely the reason I am still alive--I've had it through thick and thin, and now it is time to return a fraction of that favour. By fighting HLN, I insist we fight public opinion about HLN and inform as many people who express interest in seeing the Murray trial as possible (it's a bit useless to inform people who clearly show no interest in it, as they won't be the affected/target audience). Like someone else said, we should also rally around networks who have balanced reporting and people covering the trial, instead of the fail team composed of Mitchell, Demon, Joyless, and that clown "Dr" Drew, who is probably about as qualified to do his job as Dr. Phil is to do his (that is--not at all).

Complaining to HLN will clearly change nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they get several complaints from MJ fans per day, simply because they serve as the safe harbor for the already mentioned failures. Therefore, our support should come in the form of beating them in the court of public opinion (a stupid yet incredibly relevant court).

Last edited:
SNAPE thanks for those great posts. I think the best way is to inform the sponsors of these shows, since the e-mails to Drew and co are not working. The e-mails just serve to cuss them out or show fans are against their non-facts, but the sponsors are interested in money and their good name and might be more swayed to do the right thing. On the other hand, since the trial will be on TV, the impact of the HLN four might not be as strong as in the Casey case. I am hoping that people will look at the trial themselves so they have an idea of the facts. I was also thinking that the HLN4 really cannot bring any more dirt about Michael. They have exhausted their pile of dirt. I mean, they have discussed everything including him being a drug addict, his color, his nose, how bad he was, what else have the audience not heard? So they cannot do anymore damage in my book, and this is partly why I have a positive view of the trial outcome. The HLN4 cannot do anything worse than has already been done.

Don't give up the fight! Remember this is one of the most important lessons Michael taught us. We have to be strong, hold on to each other and believe that "there's nothing that can't be done when we raise our voice as one."

We must write to HLN as well as the sponsers in great numbers asking them to get Joe Vogel on the panel. Don't even mention that Demon's name. We know they are doing this for purpose and their conscience won't be stirred with our pleas against her inclusion simply because they do not have a conscience. BUT if hundreds of people write in requesting them to have Vogel on the show(without asking to get that bit@* out), they may do it realizing it will up their TRP, which is all they want anyway. Don't write to them as MJ fans but as world citizens who expect the media to play its role responsibly. Let that bitch be there. The audience will see for themselves who has real knowledge, journalistic integrity and is without any personal agenda when Vogel and that demon are face to face! Since 2009 people across the world have been discovering the truth about Michael Jackson both as the greatest artist and human being on their own through his music, words, charitable work documented on the internet without the help of the shameless, dispicable, ugly media. And as such a lot of the media's evil bias, unfairness and prejudice against him has already been exposed. We must keep the pressure on. Please don't give up.

Also, we should keep writing to other media outfits to include Joe (or other people like Matt Semino, Charles Thompson) on their discussion panels NOT because he's pro Michael but because he's pro truth, justice and fairness.

I'll be getting in touch with the Legacy team regarding this too. Please keep on keeping on guys! We shall win this fight!

Last edited:
Don't give up the fight! Remember this is one of the most important lessons Michael taught us. We have to be strong, hold on to each other and believe that "there's nothing that can't be done when we raise our voice as one."

Please keep on keeping on guys! We shall win this fight!

Yes, I agree with you. We have to try not feel defeated and not give up.

I am trying to stay positive but these people are relentless. When does the cruelty towards Michael stop? He is gone and what more do they want? I guess it's harder for me this time because Michael isn't here. But I will try.

I am trying to stay positive but these people are relentless. When does the cruelty towards Michael stop? He is gone and what more do they want? I guess it's harder for me this time because Michael isn't here. But I will try.

Yes you have to try. Believe me I know how these actions can get people down, but as I said, what more evil comments can they make? People have heard all the trash already. Let us focus on the positive and send positive vibes out so that the trial will have an outcome that we want. At the same time we can send our thanks to those who will provide a more balanced view as was said above.

this is just crazy. i donty even watch HLN or any of those news channels anymore anyway. its very unfair and disrespectful of HLN to replace someone like Joe Vogel with someone as discusting as Diane Demon. that woman is just going to bury Michael all over again and make him out to be the bad guy who should have known better and who is responsible for his own death. but no matter what SHE says or any of those blowhards and trannies its ALL about the evidence that shows Murray is a murderer and should be in jail for the rest of life even though he wont get that kind of sentence but still. i for one think we all should definetly speak up and say what needs to be said about this mess. if Diane Demon wants a fight we'll fight and beat her ass to the ground and get her head on stick where it belongs. we cant let these people win bc this is the one fight that really matters this time bc this is the one that took michael from us and he needs to get the justice he never got in life. its just like michael said and what sbeen posted here already "there is nothing that cant be done if we raise our voices as one".

I hope Joe V can find another outlet for his informed views during the trial...let's hope that as one door closes another one might open?

I do not think fans needs to let this go. I will be writing. And that comment on "jacko" fans, I am going after her hard.

Yes you have to try. Believe me I know how these actions can get people down, but as I said, what more evil comments can they make? People have heard all the trash already. Let us focus on the positive and send positive vibes out so that the trial will have an outcome that we want. At the same time we can send our thanks to those who will provide a more balanced view as was said above.

Thank you for the encouragement. I will do my best and do it for Michael.

:big_boss: Contact Sponsors! These are some of them, including CNN sponsors.

Centrum Vitamins
Hampton Inns
Progressive Insurance
Direct TV
AT&T
Safelite Autoglass
Ancestry.com
Legalzoom.com
Bluetax.com
AARP United Healthcare Insurance co.
Selectquote

Feel free to add more

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/show/?s=generalcommentshln&hdln=4

• Did you notice an error on HLN? Click here to let us know! http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form6a.html?3

Interesting little tidbit:
http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/07/07/am-hln-next-step-post-trial/
HLN's next step, post-trial

By Sally Herships Marketplace Morning Report, Thursday, July 7, 2011
Listen to this Story

CNN's HLN channel got big ratings while covering the Casey Anthony trial, but now that the case is over, it could lose viewers as well as advertisers.

Casey Anthony (R) reacts to being found not guilty on murder charges at the Orange County Courthouse on July 5, 2011 in Orlando, Fla. (Red Huber-Pool/Getty Images)

JEREMY HOBSON: If you've been watching CNN's HLN network recently it's been a whole lot of this:
HLN: The Casey Anthony Trial: Get full coverage everyday on HLN.
The Casey Anthony trial has been attracting unprecedented viewership to the channel. But now that the case is coming to a close, what will HLN do?
Sally Herships has that story.

Sally Herships: "If it bleeds, it leads" is cliche, but it's working for HLN. When the network broadcast the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial yesterday, it drew 2.5 million viewers.
Tom Umstead: The question now will be how do you keep those viewers there?
Tom Umstead is programming editor at Multichannel News.
Umstead: With the ebb and flow of the news comes the ebb and flow, unfortunately, of the viewers.
Umstead says HLN used the murder case to show viewers it can cover trials much more thoroughly than other networks, but now there's not much more to cover.
Roy Gutterman: I really don't see how they're going to be able to hold on to this.
Syracuse professor Roy Gutterman has been following the Anthony case. He says networks that devote gavel-to-gavel coverage of criminal trials are at the whim of the news cycle. HLN will no doubt now lose viewers and maybe advertisers too.
Gutterman:I think that's the risk of advertising on a news network. You can't always have news happen.
So, Gutterman says, HLN should scour court dockets for the next big case.
I'm Sally Herships for Marketplace.

Their next big case, probably the Biggest case will be Conrad Murderer. We need to put pressure on HLN and sponsors to either cover it fairly or drop sponsors. Hold them accountable. :mat:

Last edited:
So Vogel simply says he was replaced and she accuses him of saying she had something to do with it

CAN THIS CHICK EVEN READ?!

Victory22;3467095 said:
I think we need to contact the sponsors of HLN and let them know how we feel. Some of us on FB have been throwing around ideas to get HLN’s attention. We have been e-mailing both CNN and Dr. Drew for weeks and it’s not doing any good. I think we need to step it up a notch and contact the corporate sponsors in a very respectful way. Is there any way the Estate can be contacted also to get their input? This situation is only going to get worse once the actual trial gets underway.

I think the stations love the protests. It represents controversy and they have the mentality that controversy attracts ratings.

Let's not forget that after Bashir's hatchett job on MJ, he was rewarded with a major network position.

That doesn't mean we don't protest, our voices should be heard, and it does sometime tone down some of the vitriol coming out of some of the blowhards, but as far as effecting a major change in reporting, that rarely IF ever happens.

But there is one good thing that we've learned...we've apparently annoyed DD. That may be a minor thing, but it still is a very happy thought.

ETA: the sponsors are definitely the way to go.

she has a guilty conscience. Maybe she did have something to do with why he was replaced by her.? For anyone to know the truth about michael is such a taboo on the news that its almost illegal for them to come forward with their views. You know there will be more then just HLN covering this trial so its not impossible for Joe V to go to another channel. This wont be the last we hear from Joe V.

I agree with Victory22. If we as a community put enough pressure on the sponsors and network, there is nothing that can't be done. We have more MJ fans then they have viewers. We are all over the world. If no one speaks up for MJ then expect him to continually be bashed! Dr Drew is 4th in his timeslot. He may get canceled after all this. We prevented the autopsy show from happening. That was ALL BECAUSE OF THE FANS!

Back