An old text message from MJ for Taj

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
An old text message from MJ for Taj (also shares great memory of MJ as a child)

Taj has been tweeting about Mike lately and you can see he clearly misses him.

Taj Jackson @tajjackson3 I was going through old text messages and came across this one. Instantly made me cry. :-( I miss my uncle so much. twitpic.com/82qcad

E
dit:
Taj also shared his greatest memory as a child
https://twitter.com/#!/tajjackson3
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Here's a great childhood memory of my uncle... My brothers and I were about to go with my Uncle Michael to the Sherman Oaks Galleria Mall. My uncle was preparing to put on his typical disguise. Which at that time was a wig (or baseball cap), mustache and beard.
We stopped him and asked "doesn't that bring even more attention to you.. People expect you to be in a disguise"
He said. "I have to Applehead, its the only way I can go out in the public freely.
After a couple of minutes, we were able to convinced him to just try going out without any disguises and told him "people won't even think it's you. They'll think it's a look alike".
He finally agreed to try it just this once,for us.
So we headed to the mall. No disguise.
I was so convinced our plan would work.
Needless to say, we entered the mall and lasted less than a minute before we were literally running for the car. After that day, I never again questioned my uncle's need for disguises. :)
14 hours ago

Last edited:
Yeah, I just saw this on Twitter too :cry:
So for those of you who have iPhones, is the message that Mike sent him on Nov 2, 2008 his first message to Taj? Is that what the dashed line ---- means? And I guess Mike was still talking about the same thing 9 days later on Nov 11...right? Wish we could see more; I miss him.

I can't stop reading it...it feels so surreal. Like...it's one of Michael's actual text messages! Man! Like I know he probably texted...but to read one of the messages that he actually wrote out & sent from his own phone, complete with the personality of his little grammar mistakes (lol) is like...wow! Hah, I'm so weird. Ahh I miss him so much. He was always about L.O.V.E.

you are not weird. I chuckled to his typo of "appreciated"

I can't stop reading it...it feels so surreal. Like...it's one of Michael's actual text messages! Man! Like I know he probably texted...but to read one of the messages that he actually wrote out & sent from his own phone, complete with the personality of all his grammar mistakes (lol) is like...wow! Hah, I'm so weird.
LOL same here! I cheered up a bit thinking how long it took him to write the text , for some reason I don't think MJ was the fastest texter but I could be wrong lol. Its adorable though. :D

i've just saw it on twitter and it made me cry ;(
Mike we miss you very much too.....

i wish he didn't hesitate to ask if he needed them, but it looked like nobody really cared about him

^^^ Well Judging from the contents of the text it looks like Michael very much appreciated a trip to vegas that Taj probably took to see his uncle at the time. Looks pretty caring to me.

The message below says that him and his 3 cousions wish him a merry christmas

^^^ Well Judging from the contents of the text it looks like Michael very much appreciated a trip to vegas that Taj probably took to see his uncle at the time. Looks pretty caring to me.

well maybe but i'm talking generally considering the fact it was written late 2008

More tweets

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson Every time I hear "Owner Of A Lonely Heart",I think of my uncle. It was one of his favorite songs.I can still picture him doing air guitar.

Poor Taj :cry:

https://twitter.com/tajjackson3
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@SwagLikeMichael: @tajjackson3 Uncle doo doo was the nickname of Michael ?”Yes
5 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@ysalita: @tajjackson3 when you ll come back, do you think to dedicate him a song?” Of course..The whole album will be dedicated to him
10 minutes ago

JacksonSource Jackson Source
@OfficialDealz will be premiering a new song in a few live on Jackson Truth Radio on LAtalkradio.com Tune in now! twitpic.com/82qwd9
14 minutes ago
Retweeted by tajjackson3

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@seventhunicorn: @tajjackson3 what was the last thing he said to you Taj?” After this…. you and I are doing films.
12 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@EricRomero10: @tajjackson3 @Thomas326 Perhaps it was when you heard Hold My Hand with him the very first time...” No that was a the Palms.
13 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@Thomas326: Taj was that the time you saw me in Vegas outside MJ house and you was helping your uncle” Could be Thomas. Not sure.
16 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@EricRomero10: Is it true he knew Steve Jobs and got Iphones from him ?” He definitely knew Steve Jobs.
17 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@MJJsfanforever: @tajjackson3 did he have an iPhone will u plz answer this question?! :)” Yes
19 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
My message below it (the one cut off) was to wish him and my 3 cousins a Merry Christmas and tell them I loved them..
20 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@KaylaDz: @tajjackson3 did you not reply to his texts until Dec? :/ or do we just not see those replies.. just wondering.” I called him :)
23 minutes ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
I wanted to share what an amazing person my uncle was to me and the loss I feel every millisecond. I know all of you feel it as well. :-(
50 minutes ago

ashalambert Asha Lambert
@tajjackson3 it only takes one negative person to make you doubt yourself and it takes al lot more good people to make you forget that! #sad
3 hours ago
Retweeted by tajjackson3

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Someone will always be there to stand in your way & knock you down. No matter how good your intentions are. Saw this w/ my uncle first hand.
3 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@Ramona_Pritchet: @tajjackson3 I forget the reason but heard it. #oldNowLol Why wasn't MJ in I Need U?” Scheduling. :-(
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@RobLives4Love: @tajjackson3 theres a performance where you throw it down angrily. Why?” Because my uncle said. Wasn't gonna disagree lol
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
At first my brothers and I didn't want to record "I Need You'. It was my uncle who said we need songs like this on the album. So we did it.
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
And of course the backpack was his idea. But originally TJ had it on, not me.
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Every pose in our "Anything"performance was created by MJ. He flew us to New York to help choreograph the song during his busy schedule.
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@YanaKM7: @tajjackson3 was it shot in LA?”Yes
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Another fun fact. Our "Why" single cover was shot during a break my uncle had on the Stranger in Moscow music video shoot.
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@AnneM_B: I'm going to Immortal Jan 27 at Staples. Sooo excited, gr8 seats! Bought my tix Nov 2010 :))” That's when I hope to go :)
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
I remember the day my uncle Michael told me that he wanted to have a Cirque show. Now it's here. Can't wait to see it.
15 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@alyssaaaa_xo: @tajjackson3 do you like the Immortal album? What's your favorite mix?” Smooth Criminal.. Always loved that song!!!
15 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
@MusicMechanik. I'm sure it is. I've only heard great things about it. I loved the album. However it made me miss my uncle even more.
15 hours ago

Taj shares his greatest memory as a child
tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Here's a great childhood memory of my uncle... My brothers and I were about to go with my Uncle Michael to the Sherman Oaks Galleria Mall. My uncle was preparing to put on his typical disguise. Which at that time was a wig (or baseball cap), mustache and beard.
We stopped him and asked "doesn't that bring even more attention to you.. People expect you to be in a disguise"
He said. "I have to Applehead, its the only way I can go out in the public freely.
After a couple of minutes, we were able to convinced him to just try going out without any disguises and told him "people won't even think it's you. They'll think it's a look alike".
He finally agreed to try it just this once,for us.
So we headed to the mall. No disguise.
I was so convinced our plan would work.
Needless to say, we entered the mall and lasted less than a minute before we were literally running for the car. After that day, I never again questioned my uncle's need for disguises. :)
14 hours ago

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
Another fun fact. Our "Why" single cover was shot during a break my uncle had on the Stranger in Moscow music video shoot.
14 hours ago

sooo interesting!

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
“@EricRomero10: Is it true he knew Steve Jobs and got Iphones from him ?” He definitely knew Steve Jobs.
17 minutes ago

as i remember MJ bodyguards told the same thing. and they told Michael always lost his iphones and could just throw it away when he was angry lol
RIP Steve

so heartbreaking to read those text messages...Thank You Taj. Just wanna say one thing here...we all KNOW Jermaine was lying when he said that Michael DIDN'T have a cell phone....HELLO Jermaine....even Taj texted Michael.

More tweets

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson Every time I hear "Owner Of A Lonely Heart",I think of my uncle. It was one of his favorite songs.I can still picture him doing air guitar.

(Every time I hear Owner of a Lonely Heart I think how it was one of the first songs I drummed along with, for someone had written down for me the basic drum pattern. I really liked that song and had no idea MJ liked it as well. *thinks she'll go out to the garage right now and see if she can still drum to it...been awhile...wish me luck, lol ;) *)

~ Nice of Taj to share some of these things for the fans. He seems like a good guy to me. Michael obviously loved him a lot.:)

so heartbreaking to read those text messages...Thank You Taj. Just wanna say one thing here...we all KNOW Jermaine was lying when he said that Michael DIDN'T have a cell phone....HELLO Jermaine....even Taj texted Michael.
I guess that was what mj told jermaine when he kept asking mj for his number lol

Thanks Taj, now how about that Q&A?

he's working on it. I'm in communications with him. He just send me a message today and yes he seems to be highly affected emotionally nowadays.

I can't stop reading it...it feels so surreal. Like...it's one of Michael's actual text messages! Man! Like I know he probably texted...but to read one of the messages that he actually wrote out & sent from his own phone, complete with the personality of his little grammar mistakes (lol) is like...wow! Hah, I'm so weird. Ahh I miss him so much. He was always about L.O.V.E.
you're not alone. at first i was like "wow he actually texted this" then i just broke down........ this is sooo not justice that a beautiful human being is here no more.....
Taj shares his greatest memory as a child
LOL

I guess that was what mj told jermaine when he kept asking mj for his number lol

lol....you are probably right...:)

he's working on it. I'm in communications with him. He just send me a message today and yes he seems to be highly affected emotionally nowadays.

aawww..that is so sad,,,seems like everyone is having a hard time these days...atleast we can all share these things together...and again just want to thank Taj,

aawww..that is so sad,,,seems like everyone is having a hard time these days...atleast we can all share these things together...and again just want to thank Taj,

as I told Taj, it's probably an effect of the holiday season, it makes you remember and miss the ones you lost.

And I told him to take as much time as he needs. I don't believe in torturing or bugging people or setting deadlines in our Q&A's. I have a relax approach and if you want you can blame me for it. There's a lot of goodwill and personal dedication and sacrifice involved in those. They might not happen as quick as we want, all I can say is sorry and hope that people will understand and show empathy.

Back