MJ History logo trademark cancelled in Germany

ivy

Proud Member
Credit for this find goes to Leslie Hu & BLANAIDXLIVES

As you know Michael has a MJ logo also known as History logo.

lrg_Michael_Jackson.gif

This logo was used in Michael Jackson - Weisner business in the 90s but later lost due to the failure of the MJ- Weiesner businesses.

It was auctioned around 2006 and surfaced after Michael's death in some merchandise (ice cream , champagne etc) that Joe Jackson was doing with UD Group.

According to BLANAIDXLIVES

On March 2011 a "third- party" requested deletion of the trademark for the logo.
On October 2011, the owner requested deletion of the trademark for the logo.

So currently the trademark of "MJ" is deleted as a German Trademark.

It can be seen at this link (It's in German) - http://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/register/300793553/DE

At this time we have no information about who the third party that complained is and why the owner also asked for deletion and why the trademark is deleted / cancelled.

Current assumption is that MJ Estate might be the 3rd party in this trademark issue. According to BLANAIDXLIVES's research in German trademark law (§3) trademarks can be deleted if they could serve to cheat people into buying goods that are not what they say they are.

I asked MJ Estate Online Team if they would confirm this got something to do with them. Estate generally doesn't comment about business or legal matters so we might not get a response.

Overall we can summarize this as for one reason or another MJ History logo trademark is deleted/cancelled in Germany.

Weird I like this logo much better than the new one with the J in the center of the M. This logo is my tattoo on my leg, I see it everyday :flowers:

Oh too bad.

I like this sooooooo much better than the new one too.

I love drawing it in various styles and sizes,and one of my future plans is to have it as a tatoo on my left wrist.(Someday...)

guys the logo isn't going anywhere. It's just about who has the rights to use the logo commercially.

Michael had lost his rights to the logo in Germany, it allowed the people who bought the logo to use it commercially. Now with the trademark being deleted / cancelled other people cannot use that logo on merchandise items.

Great.................Those greedy people need to be stopped exploiting MJ's trade mark. I loves this logo and am quite angry with greedy people using it to profit. Glad it finally got stopped. Someone need to kick Joe and his partners' ass.

BTW, Ivy, is there any possibility that the estate can get the logo back?

Shouldnt the estate be the ones to be allowed to have it & use it?

guys the logo isn't going anywhere. It's just about who has the rights to use the logo commercially.

Michael had lost his rights to the logo in Germany, it allowed the people who bought the logo to use it commercially. Now with the trademark being deleted / cancelled other people cannot use that logo on merchandise items.

Sorry confused on 'the other people', So can the owner still use it on merchandise but not allow other people to use it?

This is good news to me. I know we were upset when the Joe connection came about with the cheap goods. I like that logo and wish the estate can gain some type of control. I would love it as earrings and pendant for a chain. It would also make a nice tassel for the phone, ipod, etc.

This is good news to me. I know we were upset when the Joe connection came about with the cheap goods.

Oh god, don't remind me...

The logo is far too beautiful to ever fall into such hands. I've seen it on various tattoos and I've always loved it.

We have to wait. Tepax is still the owner of the logo and the UD-Group has licencing-rights. Maybe they will use it in another country?
http://www.jwjackson.com/?p=69
Here is still the champagner of Joe`s homepage. But there is a remarke: This is not a product official licenced by the Estate of Michael Jackson. I think this remarke is not so long on the bottle.

And do you remember? There was a article on Joe`s homepage. UD-Group wins against MJ-Estate from July.
This article no longer on Joe`s hompage.

UD Group Wins Against MJ Estate
Monday, July 25, 2011, 11:40
An initial injunction and court case filed by the Trustees of Michael Jackson Estate (John Branca ) to block UD Group International from producing and selling Merchandise with the MJ logo and further contesting the ownership of the MJ Logo copyright has been thrown out of court by a German Judge under the grounds that the Estates Arguments were baseless and the UD Group had amble proof of ownership.
Mr. Don Stardy in an E-mail to clients confirmed today that with this blockage lifted his establishment UD Group International is moving full throttle ahead producing various incredible merchandises with the MJ LOGO. They will be coming to stores all around the world very soon.
For more on the story visit their official page by clicking here. .

BTW the shops of the UD-Group who were never open are for sell.
http://www.pachten-kaufen.de/Ladenflaechen-11761.html

Last edited:
Annita, ^^but they never made incredible merchandise with the logo as they claimed, right?

So far I know no products were sold until today.

You can order from the champagne website.

That`s new. For ca. 2 weeks you couldn`t order something.

Yes you are right. What I mean for 2 weeks you don`t see any products. So the selling of the champagne is not so long.
When I see it right there isn`t any remarke on the bottle "This is not a product officielly licenced by the Estate of Michael Jackson"

And now the link says: This account has been suspended. Hopefully no champagne anymore.

^^Oh no, no champagne anymore, and I was going to buy a cartoon to take to the O2. Well I will get some perfume instead.

I love that logo and I'm glad it can't be used by leeches looking to profit off anything MJ.

Back