Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robin Gibb in Coma

Thanks
    Thanked 1,671 Times in 236 Posts

Default Re: Robin Gibb in Coma

News of Gibb's condition elicited a flood of support on social network sites and in the music community.

Peter Frampton, who like the Bee Gees rose to fame in the 1970s, wrote on Twitter, "My positive thoughts go out to Robin Gibb and all of the Gibb family. I am wishing you the best and hope for a quick recovery. Much love 2 U."

Others offering their thoughts and prayers online included Julian Lennon, the son of John Lennon, and former Jackson 5 member Jackie Jackson.

Diane Warren -- who herself has written and produced dozens of popular songs for a wide range of performers, including Aretha Franklin and Justin Bieber -- described Gibb as "one of the best songwriters of all time."

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/14/sh...html?hpt=hp_t3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkgenie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sending my love and prayers to the Gibb family..

it was always you and me

Thanks
    Thanked 12,867 Times in 5,176 Posts

Prayer for him.
    Love does not see with the eyes but with the heart. (Shakespeare)

MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... BECAUSE YOU EVOKE THE BEST IN ME.
    "If we can dream, we can do." (Walt Disney)
    TWITTER: Shanti2511

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 641 Posts

Hopefully prayers are being answered....some good news about Robin:

Robin Gibb 'wakes from coma'
    Published Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 13:52 BST | By Colin Daniels

He has apparently woken from the coma after his family, including brother Barry, played music and sang to him during their bedside vigil.

Gibb is nodding his head and communicating with friends and family. He cried in response to Roy Orbison's hit 'Crying', his wife Dwina told The Sun.

"He's moving his head and nodding. When we're asking questions he's responding to them. I can't believe it," Dwina said outside his London hospital.

"We've been playing music to him all along. I thought he'd respond to it and, when they hooked him up to an ECG scanner, it showed he was.

"We're very pleased. We think he might even talk once the tubes come out."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-coma.html?rss

Robin Gibb's family 'can't believe' his progress since he woke from his coma.

The Bee Gees singer - who slipped into a coma last week after suffering pneumonia having recently battled cancer - has been nodding his head and communicating with loved ones after they played him music during all-night bedside vigils, and even wept in response to one song, Roy Orbison's hit 'Crying'.

Robin's wife Dwina said: 'He's moving his head and nodding. When we're asking questions he's responding to them. I can't believe it.

'We've been playing music to him all along. I thought he'd respond to it and, when they hooked him up to an ECG scanner, it showed he was.

'We're very pleased. We think he might even talk once the tubes come out.'

Dwina has also admitted she is 'very grateful' for the support she and Robin have received from their families during his illness.

She told The Impartial Reporter: 'His brother Barry, his wife Linda and son Stephen came over from America. Barry was singing to him. Thousands of people are saying prayers every day,

'My mother has been frequently communicating with us by phone and keeping us close in her prayers. I am very grateful for the special support I have been receiving from my nephew Steven Murphy who has been keeping a close vigil at Robin's beside and being of great support to all of us friends and family here in London. We adore him.'

Robin was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago after being rushed to hospital with abdominal pain.

The teetotal vegan subsequently underwent seven rounds of chemotherapy, and previously admitted he wonders if his family tragedies - including the deaths of his brothers Andy in 1988 and Maurice in 2003 - are a 'karmic price' for the band's worldwide success.

He said: 'I sometimes wonder if all the tragedies my family has suffered, like Andy and Maurice dying so young and everything that's happened to me recently, is a kind of karmic price we are paying for all the fame and fortune we've had.

'But we've worked hard for everything we've achieved.'

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...-with-progress
    Last edited by myosotis; 21-04-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sad news, God bless Robin and his family..

Thanks
    Thanked 12,867 Times in 5,176 Posts

More prayers for him....
    Love does not see with the eyes but with the heart. (Shakespeare)

MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... BECAUSE YOU EVOKE THE BEST IN ME.
    "If we can dream, we can do." (Walt Disney)
    TWITTER: Shanti2511

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12