Can somebody help me with Spanish translation? Re: Victor Gutierrez

Re: Can somebody help me with Spanish translation?

I can.
But not sure when I could finish it though...

Edit: Oh, it's short.
Ok :)

Thanks a lot!

Wow, he is again involved in pedophilia accusations.
This is not exactly a word by word translation, I translated so you can understand the case.

I'm definitely not a translator but I did what I could :p

Lawyer confirms that Victor Gutierrez gave money to L.Z. (L.Z. is a minor).

Iván Oyarzún (Gutierrez Lawyer) said that it was not a huge amount of money and it was like an act of charity.

The lawyer insisted that his client Victor Gutierrez is not part of any complot against UDI (Unión demócrata Independiente is a Chilean right-wing, conservative political party) unlike some members of the unionism think, and especially that he didn't give any money to the minor L.Z. to get that he accuse some of the parliamentarian of that political party.

Gutierrez (he still works in Chilevision) lawyers reunited with Judge Eleonora Domínguez.

The attourneys Iván Oyarzún y Roberto Ávila explained that is completely false that their client gave money to L.Z. in order to try extortion.

(This is what I did now, but I'll come back later :) with the rest of the article)
Ok, this is the rest of the article.

The minor firstly assured that he assisted to parties in the house of Claudio Spiniak (Spiniak case http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/11/24/MNG7U38LD81.DTL ) where he saw a senator from the UDI.

The testimony was later changed, and the minor denied all his words but also accused PPD’s deputy Guido Girardi (PPD: Party for Democracy) to pressured him to testify against the unionism.

Attourny Oyarzún recognized that Gutierrez gave Money to L.Z. but qualified it as an act of charity and by no means had any intention to pay for his declaration.

The lawyer also claimed that the national laws do not contemplate complot as a offense/crime that’s why the actions of the UDI wouldn’t be justified.

Insisted that the unionism only tries to divert attention from the Spiniak case with this accusation.

Last edited:

Thanks, lucilla. Indeed what the story looks like he paid a minor in Chile to accuse a politician of molesting him.

There will be more articles.

Thanks, lucilla. Indeed what the story looks like he paid a minor in Chile to accuse a politician of molesting him.
There will be more articles.

Yes that's basically the story.
Well, we're not sure what happened in this case but knowing Gutierrez, I doubt it was an act of charity :fear:

Yeah, of course it was not.

^^The translation is not perfect but there it goes.

http://www.lacuarta.cl/diario/2004/02/12/12.04.4a.CRO.GUTIERREZ.html
Marcelo Romero G 2/12/2004
Gutierrez' attorney affirms the money he gave to the minorL.Z. was only as a humanitarian gesture to someone who doesn't have it.
L.Z. assured in the past weeks that Mr. Gutierrez bribe himwith $10,000. Pesos to accuse senators of the UDI as participants in the partiesof pedophilia or Claudio Spiniak.

Guitierrez attorney denied the money was in any form a wayof bribery. He claims these kids have nothing, not even to take a bus,therefore the money was as a humanitarian gesture.

Gutierrez had an order which didn't allow him to leave thecountry, but for some reason he is allowed to travel and now he's in the USwhere he's with an American channel following the alternatives of the case ofthe supposed abused of minors against the singer Michael Jackson.

The attorney said we are deeply surprised the plaintiffhaven't been able to define nor explain the charges against our client,therefore the complot doesn't exist. He insisted all this is a distraction away from the cases ofpedophilia.

The last two paragraphs talk about the attorneys that werepresent & of the legal action that will follow. The attorney for UDI partyis convinced there was a premeditation to prejudice the UDI.

http://www.lanacion.cl/noticias/site/artic/20040212/pags/20040212194527.html
Claudia Farfan 2/13/2004

The UDI was satisfied with the course the investigation istaken in the Spiniak's case, especially when they found out that the attorneyfor VG, Ivan Oyarzun, will confirm the economic compensation his client gave toLZ who in his first testimony said opposing politicians were involved in theSpiniak pedophilia net. Even when Gutierrez'attorney claimed it was a humanitarian gesture, the UDI believes, with theadvances this investigation is taken, it proves the theory of complot.

In this sense, the electoral lider of the UDI affirmed the investigationis pointing that there was no senators involved in the Spiniak red & thatthe most important is that the courts investigate if the minors were induced toinvolve the senators.

In the same manner, the spokeman for the UDI, Ivan Moreira,was optimistic with the results and said " each day, one by one arefalling, the ones who were responsible directly or indirectly." Accordingto Moreira the participation of Gutierrez has been established, as well as, themember of the PPD Antonio Leal, Guido Girarid y Maria Antonieta Saa. OnWednesday 11 the attorney for UDI, Cristian Letelier, expanded the action for montageespecifically against Girarid, Saa & the news reporter.

Moreira considered the member of parliament Pia Guzmanshould apologize to the UDI and to the families involved for her accusations madeon October 10 of last year. "I haven't heard any retractions yet; on the contrary,I see arrogance from her part & i see some way of electoral scheming" and said only with the apologies of Guzmanthey would evaluate the withdrawal of the charge.

The VP of the UDI said "we always indicated from thefirst minute that there were concrete actions, set ups, to slander the party and to involve members of our parliament.

"During a time we were objects of jokes and of seeingthings they didn't exist, however time is telling us we were right" For this reason, Cornejo backed up PabloLongueira. "What our president said at the beginning is being confirmedwith each step of the process. Also said "all the people involved will befinally unmasked."

Meager
The attorney for VG confirmed his client gave a very smallamount of money, between 10,000. & 20,000. to LZ after the interview forChilevision.

The attorney said themoney was not in paid for the interview but as a help to a person who didn'thave enough, not even for transportation.

The news reporter alsowrote about this topic for another edition parallel to Plan B. In the hallways of the channel Gutierrezinformed about what was going to show in the middle to the UDI Ivan Moreira???

Voluntary Help
Gutierrez admitted he gave money to LZ, but he said it wasnot an exchange for the interview, it was as a voluntary help. The news reporter that works in the US said" I never paid him 10,000. in exchange for an interview. Neither beforenor after the interview.

According to Gutierrez, he gave the money as a voluntaryhelp, it was personal and not in the name of Chilevision, it was in front ofother minors and in front of some reps from La Fundacion Margen ( The MargenFoundation) to buy food and (for transportation?) This help was not given to him on the day ofthe interview. He said he doesn't regret to have helped the boys and he stillthinks they need help. He added that on the interview he insisted to LZ no toaccepts gifts nor money in exchange for his testimony and the minor said hedidn't nor wouldn't do it.

Gutierrez said many people come to Chilevision to ask forhelp, even some of the guests couldn't come to the station because they didn'thave any money for transportation, and in some occasions i gave them money for a taxi or a bus which itshouldn't be confused with money for interviews.

Back