I Just Cant Stop Loving You has debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Singles Sales Chart

qbee

Proud Member
<s>
</s>Twitter @MJonlineteam (The Estate)
&#8220;I Just Can&#8217;t Stop Loving You&#8221; made #1 on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales Chart! <s>#</s>whosbad
http://bit.ly/LWQA1F

Thanks to you, the fans, &#8220;I Just Can&#8217;t Stop Loving You&#8221; has debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Singles Sales Chart in a top five that includes Carly Ray Jepsen, Calvin Harris, Justin Bieber and Coldplay/Rihanna! This chart ranks the best-selling physically-released singles of the week. The CD single was released last week exclusively at Walmart as part of the promotions leading up to the 25th anniversary reissue of Jackson's 1987 "Bad" album.

For the full press release check http://MichaelJackson.com tomorrow!

From Billboard
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/ala...board-1007306752.story?utm_source=most_recent
Lastly, we have one more chart tidbit. On the Hot Singles Sales chart which ranks the best-selling physically released singles of the week -- Michael Jackson's "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" debuts at No. 1 with 5,000 copies. Its CD single was released last week exclusively at Walmart as part of the promotions leading up to the 25th anniversary reissue of Jackson's 1987 "Bad" album. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" is a duet with Siedah Garrett and was the first single from "Bad."

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" gives Jackson his first No. 1 on a Billboard singles sales chart since 2003,
when "One More Chance" spent three weeks atop the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Sales chart.

It debuted at Nr 6 in Hungary (only Hungarian performers are ahead of it)! This is the main Hungarian singles chart: http://www.mahasz.hu/?menu=slagerlistak&menu2=single_track_top_10

21opsf7.jpg

So many Walmart supermarket in the US, but only 5000 copies?

The KING continues his reign

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Last edited:
Sober is in the Hungary singles chart? Wasn't that released YEARS ago?

mkgenie;3655491 said:

True. But most Walmart had an average of 3 or 4 CDs in stock...and many sold out before weekend.

mkgenie;3655491 said:

Many of the stores did not carry or only had about 3 physical copies of the single in their stores. They were not well displayed at my store so I had to do quite a bit of searching for my 2 copies. The only people really getting the single were hardcore fans tha knew that the single was out.

But yea, those numbers were lower than I was expecting.

Great news!!

MJ on the top spot is always nice!

ChrisC;3655499 said:
Sober is in the Hungary singles chart? Wasn't that released YEARS ago?

Yes, it was.

The sings to the right of each song mean:

F - physical format
O - online (digital) format
M - mobile

So I assume it means it's downloaded to mobile phones as ringtone or for whatever reason.

great news.
but the physical charts are not available on billboard. i allways wondered why?
where can we see this charts?

mjchris;3655518 said:
great news.
but the physical charts are not available on billboard. i allways wondered why?
where can we see this charts?

Because the physical singles chart represents such a small percentage of music sales it's irrelevant to most people. You need to be a subscriber to see it.
#1 on physical singles chart = 5000 copies sold.
#1 on digital singles chart = 290,000 copies sold.
See what I mean?

ConservativeMind;3655483 said:
Wow.. !! I can't wait to see the Hot 100 updated.
I am excited!

It's not #1 on the Hot 100. It #1 on the singles sales chart. It's a chart we can't see unless you have a subscription to billboard.biz.

bobmoo79;3655556 said:
Because the physical singles chart represents such a small percentage of music sales it's irrelevant to most people. You need to be a subscriber to see it.
#1 on physical singles chart = 5000 copies sold.
#1 on digital singles chart = 290,000 copies sold.
See what I mean?

i know that.
in my opinion downloads airplay and the hot 100 are irrelevant. cause this charts are faked and manipulated.

Here is the official 'Press Release'.:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson's BAD 25th Anniversary Edition Already has its First #1 Single
The Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings announce: “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” / "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)” CD Single Debuts at #1 on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales Chart.

MJ BAD 25 cover/release date 9/18/12

(PRWEB) June 14, 2012

On June 5, the original first single from Michael Jackson’s landmark album BAD, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," was re-released as a CD Single with a never-before released bonus track called "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)." In its first week this Wal-Mart exclusive CD single was scooped up by fans, giving Michael a #1 debut on the Billboard Hot Singles Sales chart in a top five that includes Carly Rae Jepsen, Calvin Harris, Justin Bieber and Coldplay/Rihanna.

“I Just Can't Stop Loving You” was written and composed by Michael Jackson and performed as a duet with Siedah Garrett. The song became the first of five consecutive number-one Billboard Hot 100 hits from Jackson's BAD album. It also reached number one on the Billboard R&B and adult contemporary charts. “Don’t Be Messin’ Around” is a previously unreleased demo from the singer’s vaults which was recorded during the BAD sessions.

On September 18th, the Estate of Michael Jackson along with Epic/Legacy Recordings will release BAD 25, which includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first-ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour, the concert at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988 attended by Princess Diana, Prince Charles and a sold-out crowd of 72,000 fans.

More details on this and other exciting projects relating to BAD’s 25th anniversary will be announced soon.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9605251.htm

I know some might think it's not a big deal but it's still a good thing. It's getting attention and it's positive attention leading up to September.

marebear;3655649 said:
I know some might think it's not a big deal but it's still a good thing. It's getting attention and it's positive attention leading up to September.

You are absolutely right - always great to hear good news.

From Billboard: Weekly Chart Notes
THE KING REIGNS AGAIN: Michael Jackson debuts atop Billboard's Hot Singles Sales chart (which ranks the top-selling physical singles according to Nielsen SoundScan), as his 1987 Hot 100 No. 1 "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," with Siedah Garrett, enters at the apex.

The song was reissued ahead of the forthcoming 25th anniversary rerelease of Jackson's album "Bad." The original spent six weeks atop the Billboard 200 in 1987 and became the first to generate five Hot 100 No. 1s; since, only Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" (2010-11) has equaled the feat.

Jackson had last led Hot Singles Sales with "Black or White" for four weeks in 1991. He had last topped any Billboard chart when "Hollywood Tonight" rose to No. 1 on Dance/Club Play Songs the week of June 11, 2011.

The return of "Can't" is the song's second this year to a Billboard survey. The "Glee" cast sent its cover to No. 33 on Pop Digital Songs in February.
http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...tes-carly-rae-jepsen-michael-1007346552.story

I just had to post this as I really love the header:clapping:

THE KING REIGNS AGAIN

Of course he does, he always will, he's not called the King of Pop for nothing!

The original spent six weeks atop the Billboard 200 in 1987 and became the first to generate five Hot 100 No. 1s; since, only Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" (2010-11) has equaled the feat.

Somehow I still can't get over this one :swoon:

I have three wal-marts in my area, and not one had Michael's CD. I just cant stop loving you.

Last edited:
Back