Bad Tour microphone?

Hunterr

Proud Member
This is a very nerdy, technical question, but does anyone know what brand MJ's wireless mic was?

I ask because even the higher end wireless mics I see around are considerably larger.
Even in Dangerous and HIstory tours, the mic was considerably bigger.

His looked like one of the smaller, corded mics (which is easy to find) but it was wireless. Maybe it was simply an XLR mic with a small wireless transmitter attached to the bottom (?)
Even so, I can't find a transmitter that small.

Just curious if anyone knows :)
I have a GTD Audio wireless mic set for fun/karaoke/etc. but I'd love something small and wireless like his :D
In any case, I'm sure it's very expensive.

Actually the mic on DWT and HWT are a lot larger. - That's a little weird!?

MJJLatvia - Holy mother of God! Where'd you get that picture from? The resolution is great. Any more you can share with us?

Thanks for the pic! And it appears to be the same as the silver mic, but black.

I couldn't find one that looked like THAT, but currently Sony has pro-audio mics and the wireless transmitter ALONE is around $1900, and the mic head/capsule is around $900.
I knew pro wireless mics were expensive, but wow.

Thanks for the pic! And it appears to be the same as the silver mic, but black.

I couldn't find one that looked like THAT, but currently Sony has pro-audio mics and the wireless transmitter ALONE is around $1900, and the mic head/capsule is around $900.
I knew pro wireless mics were expensive, but wow.

Yes I found this website with Sony Pro Audio with some wireless mics. There is a couple that looks similar.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-audio/cat-wirelessmics/?offset=36&navId=4294966607

Here is the silver mic

I-WANT-MJ-SO-BAD-michael-jackson-28510140-1200-797.jpg

I've looked thru the pics I've collected and check for the mics, I found some that he uses a black mic.

Brand of Mic, Sony I believe, well atleast for the Black Mic
Silver Mic - Most of the Tour
europe88mic3.jpg

europe88mic2.jpg

europe88mic1.jpg

Black Mic - The first 2 Wembley concerts
blackmicwembley3.jpg

blackmicwembley2.jpg

blackmicwembley1.jpg

Black mic - both first Wembley nights. That would be slightly misleading cuz 2nd night as ive been told has both color mics.

What we should be getting (Blu-ray)

blackmicwembley3.jpg

What we're really getting (VHS)

europe88mic3.jpg

Jk the concert will look great, thanks for the pictures! :D

At Wembley 14 used a black microphone till the song "Workin 'Day And Night" "Beat It" henceforth use the silver microphone.
on July 15 black microphone was used.
16, 22 and 26 was with silver..... 'll post some pictures below
14th July 1988
p_00107654.jpg

15th July 1988

p_00108557.jpg

Wembley. 16th July 1988

p_00107979.jpg

22nd July 1988

p_00108029.jpg

26th August 1988

p_00108231.jpg

^ would like to know based on what you claim such inaccurate things? Have you talked to witnesses that were there? I know I have.

Last edited:
At Wembley 14 used a black microphone till the song "Workin 'Day And Night" "Beat It" henceforth use the silver microphone.
on July 15 black microphone was used.
16, 22 and 26 was with silver..... 'll post some pictures below
14th July 1988
p_00107654.jpg

15th July 1988

p_00108557.jpg

Wembley. 16th July 1988

p_00107979.jpg

22nd July 1988

p_00108029.jpg

26th August 1988

p_00108231.jpg

don't believe everything that's written on the internet.

you have to see the big differences in the photos. :)

I don't want to deny what you wrote, but if MJJLatvia has the info straight from the dudes that attended those shows then I think it's completely nonsense to argue with him :)

^ July 14 fully black mic.
July 15 1st half of show black mic, 2nd half silver mic (btw the Bad video from Wembley - Vanguard Awards video is from July 15)
July 16 silver mic.

But again, I'm not getting into discussion. Take it or leave it. Believe it or not. I, however, firmly believe I am right. But don't take it personal, if you think you wrote correct info, so be it.

^ July 14 fully black mic.
July 15 1st half of show black mic, 2nd half silver mic (btw the Bad video from Wembley - Vanguard Awards video is from July 15)
July 16 silver mic.

But again, I'm not getting into discussion. Take it or leave it. Believe it or not. I, however, firmly believe I am right. But don't take it personal, if you think you wrote correct info, so be it.

It is not about not believing or not, nor does not bother me to think otherwise this is good clear things :)
July 14

p_00107858.jpg

In Beat It anticipates changes in microphone

p_00107859-1.jpg

It is not discussed is simply providing information. :)

^ I suppose you know that pictures are VERY often mislabeled?
I find wrong named pictures often in my folder. I had one pic named Roundheipark. That is in Leeds, but in same pictures description it was July 15. WTF right?

^ I suppose you know that pictures are VERY often mislabeled?
I find wrong named pictures often in my folder. I had one pic named Roundheipark. That is in Leeds, but in same pictures description it was July 15. WTF right?

Yes, in some labels fail in Leeds said it was on July 29 and it is not true.

Back