'King of Clips' playing in theatres on August 29th.

Nadia1981

Proud Member
So, I got this email from a major movie theatre here in Belgium and they are playing "King of Clips', a 3 hour event, on August 29th.

Anybody ever heard of this documentary?

mj.jpg

Translation:
On his own, he woke up the sleepy music industry. With Thriller, he put MTV on the map. Michael Jackson enchanted us for decades with legendary hits and mindblowing dance moves, and with his immortal short movies he added an extra dimension to all of it.

On August 29th, take a 3 hour travel through time with Michael Jackson's unforgettable music, ground-breaking short movies en legendary moonwalks. This is a unique chance to see his whole repertoire on a big screen en let yourself get carried away by the biggest artist of the 20th century.
Rachid Ferrache brings you a short documentary that celebrates Jackson's repertoire, an explosive montage of the man's masterpieces.

Trailer:
Unfortunately, it doesn't play anywhere near me :(.

yes, i heard of it and i think they will also get it in Spain..but i dont think there are any other countries..

Is it a documentary? The description seems to suggest that they will simply play all his videos.

I would love to see his short films ( not clips, not videos, Michael always referred to them as short films :). I hope this is also showing or coming to Holland.

Thank you for sharing Nadia. I would love it if it were shown here in the states, but probably not. But for those who get it, enjoy! and btw I JUST LOVE the description of the this docu, it is spot on!!

Is it a documentary? The description seems to suggest that they will simply play all his videos.

It probably is just the showing of his short movies. Gonna contact them and ask them why there is no showing in the theatre near my place. Every one else in Belgium is getting it.

I've always dreamt of something like this on the big screen. In fact when the Estate sent out that questionnaire, I suggested this. I do hope it comes to the UK.

From the very few google results I got when searching for this movie, I learned that is was released last June (in France).

Did anyone here at the forum got a chance to see it? Is it only a montage of all his video clips (short films) or is there also some unseen footage included?

I would love to see his short films ( not clips, not videos, Michael always referred to them as short films :). I hope this is also showing or coming to Holland.
It also shows in the movie theater in Antwerp, that's only a few km's from the border with Holland! ;)

I'm going!! Michael on the big screen for 3 hours: wootwoot! I'm so excited and can't wait for wednesday!!

I just returned from the movie theater and I hate to say it, but the movie was terrible :(
The Dutch version was dubbed by a non-native Dutch speaker, often with serieus grammar mistakes, very bad translations and sometimes it was even hard to understand.
The videoclips were of really poor quality. Often you could see little squares, most of the clips were blurry, with a low framerate. It looked as if they were showing youtube movies directly on the big screen.
Then, all of a sudden in the middle of the movie, German subtitles were displayed in the middle of a clip. These subtitles were the translations of the spoken text at the beginning of the movie. Not really relevant during the clips :(
Someone next to me said this could be a candid camera joke in which they test the patience of us, fans.
Some people left after half an hour, they just could not stand it. When the movie ended, *everybody* went to the information desk and we demanded to see the representative. She admitted the quality was really poor and the translations were very bad and offered her apologies multiple times.
The announcement said the movie would be 3 hours in length, but it was only 2.

I don't know if these problems were related to the movie theater I went to (Kinepolis Brussels), but I feel really disappointed, what a bummer :(

Michael was a perfectionist, always focussing on quality. This 'movie' was the exact opposite :(

I just returned from the movie theater and I hate to say it, but the movie was terrible :(
The Dutch version was dubbed by a non-native Dutch speaker, often with serieus grammar mistakes, very bad translations and sometimes it was even hard to understand.
The videoclips were of really poor quality. Often you could see little squares, most of the clips were blurry, with a low framerate. It looked as if they were showing youtube movies directly on the big screen.
Then, all of a sudden in the middle of the movie, German subtitles were displayed in the middle of a clip. These subtitles were the translations of the spoken text at the beginning of the movie. Not really relevant during the clips :(
Someone next to me said this could be a candid camera joke in which they test the patience of us, fans.
Some people left after half an hour, they just could not stand it. When the movie ended, *everybody* went to the information desk and we demanded to see the representative. She admitted the quality was really poor and the translations were very bad and offered her apologies multiple times.
The announcement said the movie would be 3 hours in length, but it was only 2.

I don't know if these problems were related to the movie theater I went to (Kinepolis Brussels), but I feel really disappointed, what a bummer :(

Michael was a perfectionist, always focussing on quality. This 'movie' was the exact opposite :(

Sorry you had a bad time, this has nothing to do with Michael's Estate though, just someone showing some bad quality source films in succession together at a theater. There isn't any widely available public sources for great quality versions of his films besides the Moonwalker Blu-Ray or This Is It.

What a dissapointment MichaelV!!! This shows again that if you don't have The Estate backing you up, you're not getting the quality MJ deserves.

Never heard of it but it doesn't seem to be a docu. Just a compilation of all the short films. It seems though as if it wasn't such a well-thought project.. what a shame. People keep cashing out on Michael's name..

Last edited:

In Kinepolis Madrid (Spain) it was even worse. Bad quality, 2 hours, bad sound and no subtitles at all. This boring girl taking in french in front of internet downloaded wallpapers... In fact, one of the pictures was not MJ but a capture from Thriller Live. No unseen documentary, grammatical mistakes "Black and white" "I will be there"...

Here almost everybody ask for a refund. At least Kinepolis staff apologies and give us 2 tickets for free.

In Kinepolis Madrid (Spain) it was even worse. Bad quality, 2 hours, bad sound and no subtitles at all. This boring girl taking in french in front of internet downloaded wallpapers... In fact, one of the pictures was not MJ but a capture from Thriller Live. No unseen documentary, grammatical mistakes "Black and white" "I will be there"...

Here almost everybody ask for a refund. At least Kinepolis staff apologies and give us 2 tickets for free.
At least you got a refund, we only received an email address (marketing@kinepolis.com) to which we should send our complaints :(

We even did not see the 'unique bonus tribute video' that was announced.
Someone recorded the dubbed Dutch version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7cxlXmSQA

We, the fans, really should stand up and let them hear our voices. Michael deserves RESPECT! This 'movie' really was a disgrace!! I think Michael would be very ashamed if he would have seen this :(

You can complain by email: marketing@kinepolis.com

or on facebook:
Kinepolis Spain: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....235915233124252.53379.123217711060672&type=1
Kinepolis Belgium (Dutch): http://www.facebook.com/Kinepolis/posts/275676259212579
Kinepolis Belgium (French): http://www.facebook.com/kinepolis.belgique/posts/276900939081277
Kinepolis Switzerland: http://www.facebook.com/KinepolisCH/posts/257277687724238
Kinepolis France: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...set=a.377757142530.166346.299598662530&type=1

Let them hear your voice!

I enjoyed to see Michael on the big screen, but sadly it was really very unprofessional and the quality was bad.

Back