What's that track? Unknown Michael Songs (Ghosts)

JAB

Proud Member
Hi guys, Apologizes If this is in the incorrect forum section, but I have a question that I have wanted answering for so long Regarding Michaels short film, 'Ghosts'

It's always irritating where you hear a sample of music and you can't find the title of the music or sometimes you can't even access the track it's just so rare. I am trying to track down two pieces of music used in Michaels Short film Ghosts.

1. What is the title of the track featured in This is It's Thriller/Threatend scene, where The gouls are floating? The same little snippet of music is featured in Ghosts. I've included a link for somebody to listen or identify the music to me incase you have no idea what i'm going on about. see below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXrlLtHpJY

2. What is the title of the track featured in the Ghosts Short Film? The music is used in the scene where Michael crumbles and dissapears towards at end of the film. Before scaring off the Mayor.
Music begins at 30:08 on the Full Length Video of Ghosts on youtube, see below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUtDGjItrQ

If anyone could identify track/song names or ways that I could listen to the music or just any information whatsoever that you could provide me about the backing music featured in Ghosts that aren't from official singles I would be a very happy chappy.

Hey, I've been doing some research this evening and have found out further info about the tracks! I've emailed Nicholas Pike and I'm hoping he will get back to me. I think, Ghosts-Underscore is actually titled 'Angels Descending' apparently Michael Wrote and designed the song/music and I assume Nicholas Pike composed what Mike envisioned. Fascinating stuff really! I also saw some comments from fans talking about Michael's list of unheard music and they mentioned the song 'Ashes to Ashes', which in fact is not a vocal song but the official song title for the track played at the end of Ghosts were Michael Crumbles away... It's likely that these instrumentally bits included in Ghosts could have been developmental tracks/demos to be worked.

Tracklist for Ghosts (1997)
1 The Great Gate Of Kiev 0:10
2 Welcome To Normal 3:11
3 Did I Scare You? 4:47
4 Meet The Family 1:08
5 2 Bad 0:30
6 2 Bad 4:32
7 Dance On The Ceiling 1:55
8 2 Bad 0:08
9 Descending Angels 0:44 ( Ghosts 'underscore' - Ghosts 1997) & (This Is It - Thriller/Descending Angels/Threatened)
10 Skin To The Wind 0:15 ( Ghosts 'underscore' - Ghosts 1997) & (This Is It - Thriller/Descending Angels/Threatened) eit

(one of the above is the track, as both are short - like 'Ghosts underscore')
11 Is It Scary 1:21
12 2 Bad 0:07
13 Flinging The Ghouls 2:45
14 2 Bad 1:28
15 Super Ghoul 1:23
16 Ghosts 2:02
17 Mayor In The Mirror 1:45
18 Ashes To Ashes 2:07
19 I Showed That Freak 0:33
20 Behind You 0:52
21 Ghosts (Over Closing Credits)

I managed to get the official Tracklist for the fully finished product of Ghosts. It seems that Ghosts-Underscore has alternative name called, 'Descending Angels' Which was written by Michael himself, but produced by Nicholas Pike. Interesting huh? I'm trying to get hold of the official tracks from Nicholas Pike but I don't think somehow he will be willing to provide any access to any of the additional songs that aren't featured on his website.

Tracklist: Ghosts (1997)
9 Descending Angels 0:44 (Song known as 'Ghosts Underscore' Featured in Ghosts & This Is It: Thriller,Descending Angels,Threatend)
10 Skin To The Wind 0:15
18 Ashes To Ashes 2:07 (When Michael Crumbles away - This was the second track that I am looking for, written by Michael and Nicholas Pike) !!! Could be a instrumental to a unreleased song or just the obvious, a backing track for his Ghosts Scene.
21 Ghosts (Over Closing Credits) 5:46

Last edited:
It would be nice if the music could be released. You could always try Youtube too. Like I was trying to find the entrance music for the Captain EO attraction and I was able to find it on Youtube. :)

Thank you, Jab, for this entire thread and getting all the info. I'm glad to be able to see a name to all this added of MJ's genius.

Thank you, Jab, for this entire thread and getting all the info. I'm glad to be able to see a name to all this added of MJ's genius.

Oh, absolutely! Thank you so much Jab.

I always wondered about "Decending Angels" Didn't even know about its name.
So MJ wrote that! How amazing :D

I managed to get the official Tracklist for the fully finished product of Ghosts. It seems that Ghosts-Underscore has alternative name called, 'Descending Angels' Which was written by Michael himself, but produced by Nicholas Pike. Interesting huh? I'm trying to get hold of the official tracks from Nicholas Pike but I don't think somehow he will be willing to provide any access to any of the additional songs that aren't featured on his website.

Tracklist: Ghosts (1997)
9 Descending Angels 0:44 (Song known as 'Ghosts Underscore' Featured in Ghosts & This Is It: Thriller,Descending Angels,Threatend)
10 Skin To The Wind 0:15
18 Ashes To Ashes 2:07 (When Michael Crumbles away - This was the second track that I am looking for, written by Michael and Nicholas Pike) !!! Could be a instrumental to a unreleased song or just the obvious, a backing track for his Ghosts Scene.
21 Ghosts (Over Closing Credits) 5:46

The original music 'The Great Gate of Kiev' was from Mussorgsky's orchestral suite 'Pictures at an Exhibition'.... is this the same? (I'll have to go and listen to it). No...I can't hear a quote from the extracts on youtube...just thought he might have used a short classsical clip.

I really hope we get a CD of Michael's own orchestral 'classical' music one day.

Last edited:
I really hope we get a CD of Michael's own orchestral 'classical' music one day.

Absolutely. I emailed Nicholas Pikes People questioning to whether there would ever be a time that these pieces would be accessible, as Nicholas Pike has two published on his website: 'Opening Short' (which could be a possible combination of 'The Great Gate of Kiev' and 'Welcome To Normal') and 'Ceiling Dance' So it's confusing why he has not published the other 13 odd tracks. copyright or ownership problems maybe? I'm still waiting to hear back from him/his people, fingers crossed, I've been lucky in the past with contacting movie score composer Blake Neely.

Will keep you all updated

Back