"Don't cry Palestine" by Michael Jackson

MJTheKing

Proud Member
Michael actually wrote a beautiful peom about Palestine in 1993..

lot3345.jpg

lot3344.jpg

Here's the lyrics:

See*the plains
Of the days of old
Just a century ago
When peace stories were told.
Of how Gallilie (sic) ran through
The Jordan river.
What remains are cold
Tales of war,
Of the death and dying
,Bomb shells are flying
,Bodies multiplying,
See the children crying.
What are they fighting for?
I will pray for you,Oh, Palestine.
Oh, Palestine,I will carry you, oh,
Palestine.Palestine.
Come deep inMy heart.
I’ll always love you.
Palestine, don’t cry,
I will pray for you,
Oh, Palestine.Oh, Palestine,
Oh, Palestine.
God’s a place for you
Oh, Palestine.
And, I believe in you.Oh,
Palestine, I will die for you.”

The lyrics was auctioned in 2010: https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/3/lot/424/

I really want another book with Michael´s poem.
I don´t care about other books written about him, I just want to read his poems

Michael did understand, thought about and loved everyone.. how can you not miss such a man? :cry:

This is so beautiful. Michael was very wise and his prayer is in no way political or taking sides. Please understand what he was actually praying about The Palestine of old the "Holy land" then he is praying for the bombing to stop and for peace in the whole region that is known as palestine

It reminds me of this:

[youtube]xBAVmsC7lLA[/youtube]

Beautiful song, and of course, Irfan always sounds a bit like MJ. He's very gifted!

This is so beautiful. Michael was very wise and his prayer is in no way political or taking sides. Please understand what he was actually praying about The Palestine of old the "Holy land" then he is praying for the bombing to stop and for peace in the whole region that is known as palestine.

I hope I understood you, but I think he's praying for the recent Palestine that under occupation..the war & bomb.

MIST;3741758 said:
I really want another book with Michael´s poem.

Me too! :wild: I believe that Michael never stopped writing poems over the years. There must be many notes (poems) stored there somewhere.

MjsLovelyOne88;3741768 said:
how can you not miss such a man? :cry:

I think about it every day. I think about Michael every day. I'll never understand why this had to happen to him. NEVER! :cry: *big sigh*

This is so beautiful. Michael was very wise and his prayer is in no way political or taking sides. Please understand what he was actually praying about The Palestine of old the "Holy land" then he is praying for the bombing to stop and for peace in the whole region that is known as palestine

No, he is not. Your "interpretation" is just your own pro-Israel bias speaking, this poem is CLEARLY about the current (in 1993) Palestine.

No, he is not. Your "interpretation" is just your own pro-Israel bias speaking, this poem is CLEARLY about the current (in 1993) Palestine.
Linda, You are also welcome to have an opinion and your own interpretation here as well. but please dont attack my integrity. There No need to lash out in anger at me. I dont have any pro bias toward Israel at all or pro bias toward Gaza. I dont agree with what Isreal is doing or what Gaza has done or is doing. (both sides have commited atrocities) Im speaking of the whole area known as palestine. It is not just the Gaza strip. Jeruselem (The Holy City) is also part of palestine as well as other areas. I just dont think MJ is taking political sides. I believe He is speaking about the war the children and wanting peace in whole the region know as palestine. You dont have to agree with me. It's alright. lets not lash out at each other. :(

I’m emotionally wounded by witnessing the bias nature and disregard the entire world (UN, World Leaders, Media etc.) has been inflicting on Palestine and its people. Watching these innocent lives being ruthlessly put to an end is just heart breaking beyond tolerance. In moments like these, when negative thoughts cloud your mind, reading such words can be SO comforting, cause for a change, someone ACTUALLY cared. Moreover, just knowing that these angelic words are Michael’s lifts my spirit even higher. This is exactly would I would expect from such a kind soul. I wish more people had such compassion in their hearts, but that’s just wishful thinking. Thank you for posting this MJTheKing.

Last edited:
You are welcome to have an opinion here also. but dont attack my integrity. There No need to lash out in anger at me.
I dont have any pro bias toward Isreal. I dont agree with what Isreal doing or what Gaza has done or is doing. Im speaking of the whole area known as palestine. It is not just the Gaza strip. Jeruselem (The Holy City) is also part of palestine as well as other areas. I just dont think MJ is taking political sides. I believe He is speakign about the war and wanting peace in whole the region know as palestine. You dont have to agree with me. It's alright

Why would you even bring up the "Holy Land" or Jerusalem if you didn't have a pro-Israel bias? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the poem. I don't understand why you felt the need to 'clarify' that MJ is only praying for the "old" Palestine, the Holy Land, as if the current Palestine doesn't deserve our prayers? I think MJ's poem speaks for itself and your interpretation is way off.

I think about it every day. I think about Michael every day. I'll never understand why this had to happen to him. NEVER! :cry: *big sigh*

Oh me too Ash, me too. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Michael and how much our world today needs his love, care and compassion. He's sorely missed and very much needed. It's just unfair he was taken away so soon and that his children, family and we fans have to live without him :cry: :cry:

Why would you even bring up the "Holy Land" or Jerusalem if you didn't have a pro-Israel bias? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the poem. I don't understand why you felt the need to 'clarify' that MJ is only praying for the "old" Palestine, the Holy Land, as if the current Palestine doesn't deserve our prayers? I think MJ's poem speaks for itself and your interpretation is way off.

Like I said you can believe my interpretion is way off as you wish. You have that right. (It's possibe)
Listen Im not the one accusing, being political, being biased or taking sides here ..

I brought it up the holy city in Palestine becuase of my Christian belief nothing to do with Israel .. I am not Jewish.
I dont meant he was praying for old palestine but the whole region Now that was once palestine of old.

I guess Im not explain myself right.

See*the plains
Of the days of old .. (The whole region that was once palestine)
Just a century ago
When peace stories were told

What remains are cold .. (What has happened now to the splintered devided regions of Palestine)
Tales of war,
Of the death and dying
,Bomb shells are flying
,Bodies multiplying,
See the children crying.

What are they fighting for? .. (Both sides)

I will pray for you, Oh, Palestine :pray:

The whole region of Palestine deserves our prayers (which includes part of Israel and Jeruseleum)
that is what I am speaking of. I believe thats what Michael was speaking of too ...

you dont have to interpret the same.

Lord God. . .
Bless all your children in the Middle East with the gift of peace.
Reach out and embrace Muslims, Jews and Christians alike.
Calm their fears and dry their tears with your gentle hands.
Surround their trembling bodies with your loving arms.
Replace their fears with the hope and vision ...
of peaceful times to come. . . . Amen

He was and he cared very deeply about peace and love in the world and especially for the sake of the children.

Like I said you can believe my interpretion is way off as you wish. You have that right.
Listen Im not the one accusing, being political, being biased or taking sides here ..

I brought it up becuase of my Christian belief nothing to do with Israel .. I am not Jewish.
I dont meant he was praying for old palestine but the whole region Now that was once palestine of old.
I guess Im not explain myself right.

See*the plains
Of the days of old .. (The whole region that was once palestine)
Just a century ago
When peace stories were told

What remains are cold .. (What has happened now to the splintered devided regions of Palestine)
Tales of war,
Of the death and dying
,Bomb shells are flying
,Bodies multiplying,
See the children crying.

What are they fighting for? .. (Both sides)

I will pray for you, Oh, Palestine :pray:
Just a century ago

Last edited:
1893 would have been a century ago and times were much different and the area was thriving and peaceful.There so much history and unrest going back to biblical times but maybe this inspired Michael's poem in 1993. It was the first time that talks for peace were being negotiated.

Oslo Accords (1993)
In 1993, Israeli officials led by Yitzhak Rabin and Palestinian leaders from the Palestine Liberation Organization led by Yasser Arafat strove to find a peaceful solution through what became known as the Oslo peace process.

This poem was written about something recent, that's why he's using "ING"...

If MJ felt sorry for the Palestinians, the doesn't mean he wished death for the Israelis!!... I don't know when you are trying to justify this poem!! MJ knew the current Palestine and what was/is happening there, and Palestine deserves our prayers, if you watch his "Earth Song" performance, you will see some footage of Palestinians people and he showed the way the Israels police/soldiers treating them in a harmful way.

These footage are from "the current Palestine".

Last edited:
Michael didn´t seem to take sides, we shouldn´t either. Both sides are doing wrong, I have friends from both sides. :(

^ Thank you so much for sharing this link ^ with us, I'm proud to be a part of Michael Jackson's fandom... let's ALL pray for #Peace.

I posted a vision from MLP 2011 in another thread
This is my experience of an major love prayer ;

Something strange happened to me last time.
I was lying down during the MLP with my eyes closed, trying to send love and imagine holding hands with others.Afterwards I made my mind empty, thinking of nothing at all when I got that film in my head.

We were standing in a green field in lines and Michael was there too, in the first line.
Imagine an army in a battlefield but there were no weapons and we had no uniforms.
We were no angels dressed in white, not even Michael, I remember green grass and strong colours among the clothes.
MJJLaugh wrote this about the colours
The colors represent the different qualities we each possess that together form the total usually seen as white.
And this
you were perhaps shown Michael's Army of LOve

There are all kind of people in Michael´s Army of Love
We were united and were going to move in the same direction and we are still moving

This poem just proves what a genuine caring and loving man michael was

That was beautiful and moving. Im just curious about one thing, how do we know that this is a poem and not a song? the way it was written (style,structure) really looks like a song to me. It also reminds me alot of the papers of "Michael Mckellar" and we know that one is a song.

Back