Man of Steel (2013 Superman Reboot Film)

Russel crowe is in this? thats interesting

lol..hollywood can't get enough of this. when in doubt, return to making a superman franchise. whether on the small or big screen. must be the millionth time. they can't let go of their superman.

Lately I have been watching Fleischer Studios's Supeman cartoons from the 1940s. I like the visual style and animation. They don't make them like this anymore:

They should show these on TV.

Last edited:
lol..hollywood can't get enough of this. when in doubt, return to making a superman franchise. whether on the small or big screen. must be the millionth time. they can't let go of their superman.
You know considering there hasn't been a good superman film since SUPERMAN II (1980) they've earned that right to start from scratch and hopefully make people forget about parts 3 & 4 and not to mention 2006's SUPERMAN RETURNS?.

I've gotta say, I'm a huge comic book fan and there are a lot of comic flicks this year, but THIS movie is the one that I'm excited to see the most. Snyder did a great job with Watchmen, so I have high hopes that he can give justice to Superman (and hopefully pave the way for a Justice League film in the future).

You know considering there hasn't been a good superman film since SUPERMAN II (1980) they've earned that right to start from scratch and hopefully make people forget about parts 3 & 4 and not to mention 2006's SUPERMAN RETURNS?.

lol..well, apparently, You haven't forgotten. Anyway..who earns a right, by screwing up? anyway...i was saying that it wouldn't matter if they screwed up or not. they're addicted to making superman franchises. but..hey..i understand..superman's perennial, and people want it. i'm just having fun.

lol..well, apparently, You haven't forgotten. Anyway..who earns a right, by screwing up? anyway...i was saying that it wouldn't matter if they screwed up or not. they're addicted to making superman franchises. but..hey..i understand..superman's perennial, and people want it. i'm just having fun.
Yes cus think about it. With BATMAN & ROBIN (1997) ask yourself if Batman had not fallen so far from grace would WB have thought of rebooting it like making a dark, gritty and realistic batman like they did with Christopher Nolan? Frankly I would say that is BATMAN & ROBIN'S one contribution leading to a rebooted awesome trilogy. And as I said the last 3 superman films that were made were terrible but MAN OF STEEL as far as I can see has a great team on their hands. Having Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer handling the story is a good move since they did such a terrific job on THE DARK KNIGHT Trilogy and getting visual director Zack Snyder to direct the film was a good move too and that new trailer pretty much illustrates why. Not to mention the all star cast and getting music composer Hans Zimmer (Who composed the music for THE DARK KNIGHT Trilogy) to handle the soundtrack and again after listening to it in the new trailer I have to say I wasn't missing John Williams iconic theme from the old superman films with chris reeve. So all in all this could very likely be the superman film people have been waiting for.

using the same people doesn't always guarantee success. the people have to have something special..and that's rare. more often than not, the same people bomb in too many sequels. To me, John Williams was the best soundtrack composer..and with the exception of Danny Elfman, everybody else pales in comparison. John had something special. More often than not, if he was involved with a project, it succeeded greatly. I am definitely not feeling the music, so far, that I hear, in Man Of Steel.

using the same people doesn't always guarantee success. the people have to have something special..and that's rare. more often than not, the same people bomb in too many sequels. To me, John Williams was the best soundtrack composer..and with the exception of Danny Elfman, everybody else pales in comparison. John had something special. More often than not, if he was involved with a project, it succeeded greatly. I am definitely not feeling the music, so far, that I hear, in Man Of Steel.
Given Nolan's track record on films he's worked on in the past decade and how they've done critically and financially I strongly would beg to differ on that. They pretty much speak for themselves. All the films he's done for Warner Bros. Pictures since INSOMNIA (2002) have all together amounted up to 3.5 Billion Dollars. In fact he will be working with WB once again where he'll be back in the director's chair after taking a backseat to producing and handling the story of MAN OF STEEL with David S. Goyer. His next film will be a sci-fi film called INTERSTELLAR and it's coming to theaters November 2014?. Like I said before Hans Zimmer Batman theme is arguably just as memorable as Danny Elfman's for the Tim Burton films and we'll have to agree to disagree cus again I wondered if I would miss John William's Superman march theme but I don't. But does this mean I don't like it anymore? Of course not.

Last edited:
Never been a fan of the Superman franchise (guess you can blame Bruce Wayne for that) but I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. The first time I saw a Teaser was in Imax last year when I was preparing to watch The Dark Knight Rises (saw that film 9 times.....4 times in Imax lol).

Got a funny feeling I'm gonna like this film :)

I like the new costume. I didn't like the costume in Superman Returns because the cape was too dark colored. The new one is cool:

empire_3.jpg

Superman-Man-of-Steel-2013.jpg

Massive Superman fan... wasn't excited until I saw the latest trailers. It looks amazing! Only thing is I HATE too much CGI but it looks OK in this. I'm an old school Superman fan, so will be hard to adapt.

That being said I was an old school Batman fan, didn't think Nolan would impress me.
Needless to say, the dark Knight rises was everything I always looked for in a Batman movie, so I'm open to change with snyder and cavill.

But NO ONE will ever replace Christopher Reeve for me.

Roll on June!!!

Massive Superman fan... wasn't excited until I saw the latest trailers. It looks amazing! Only thing is I HATE too much CGI but it looks OK in this. I'm an old school Superman fan, so will be hard to adapt.

That being said I was an old school Batman fan, didn't think Nolan would impress me.
Needless to say, the dark Knight rises was everything I always looked for in a Batman movie, so I'm open to change with snyder and cavill.

But NO ONE will ever replace Christopher Reeve for me.

Roll on June!!!
But still remember to keep your nostalgia goggles off. lol Zack Snyder has always been a good visual director and as long as he's directing other people's work and is not the writer his work seems to be good. And having Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer handling the story certainly will help. Not to mention a great all star cast and Hans Zimmer ?handling the score.

But still remember to keep your nostalgia goggles off. lol Zack Snyder has always been a good visual director and as long as he's directing other people's work and is not the writer his work seems to be good. And having Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer handling the story certainly will help. Not to mention a great all star cast and Hans Zimmer ?handling the score.

Totally, that was m original problem with Batman Begins... I couldn't accept that it was a brand new franchise. Kept comparing it to Batman Returns (my original favourite batman movie). Nolan is quite a safety net here I think cos I've never seen anything by Goyer I loved.

I can not WAIT to see what Zimmer does. The DKR soundtrack is absolutely fantastic....

Totally, that was m original problem with Batman Begins... I couldn't accept that it was a brand new franchise. Kept comparing it to Batman Returns (my original favourite batman movie). Nolan is quite a safety net here I think cos I've never seen anything by Goyer I loved.

I can not WAIT to see what Zimmer does. The DKR soundtrack is absolutely fantastic....
Thing with Tim Burton's BATMAN films is when I look at them now they're kinda cheesy, comic booky and a bit over the top. Nolan's Batman films make tim burton's look like child's play. But i'm sure you're aware Goyer co-wrote the scripts with Nolan on THE DARK KNIGHT Trilogy and was a writer on the BLADE Trilogy. ? ?

Thing with Tim Burton's BATMAN films is when I look at them now they're kinda cheesy, comic booky and a bit over the top. Nolan's Batman films make tim burton's look like child's play. But i'm sure you're aware Goyer co-wrote the scripts with Nolan on THE DARK KNIGHT Trilogy and was a writer on the BLADE Trilogy. ? ?

i was originally skeptical of that, I don't know how I felt about the possibility of a dark superman film (darker than returns) but I must say after seeing the ZOD teaser that worry is now gone.

really looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

i was originally skeptical of that, I don't know how I felt about the possibility of a dark superman film (darker than returns) but I must say after seeing the ZOD teaser that worry is now gone.

really looking forward to seeing what they do with it.
But see this is the part that fans keep missing this is a grounded realistic take on superman and realistic doesn't equal "dark".

But see this is the part that fans keep missing this is a grounded realistic take on superman and realistic doesn't equal "dark".

Oh no I get that, I just don't think more realistic always means better. For example, I think the Nolan batman films are the best comic book films of all time, BUT I prefer the more fantastical stories. I think the Animated series is the best representation to date, because it stays true to the super natural elements and still manages to be amazing.

That being said, from what I've read so far the story of man of steel borrows from all star superman and superman secret origins. Both amazing comics. But as long as the story is good and superman is treated well, I know I'll enjoy it. Cavill looks amazing.

The movie looks great but I'm going to miss John Williams's music:

I hope the new movie will also have a memorable theme music.

Last edited:
Oh no I get that, I just don't think more realistic always means better. For example, I think the Nolan batman films are the best comic book films of all time, BUT I prefer the more fantastical stories. I think the Animated series is the best representation to date, because it stays true to the super natural elements and still manages to be amazing.

That being said, from what I've read so far the story of man of steel borrows from all star superman and superman secret origins. Both amazing comics. But as long as the story is good and superman is treated well, I know I'll enjoy it. Cavill looks amazing.
But see again that stuff has been done in the past with superman and I think humanizing superman in this film will make him more relatable cus that fantastical stories have already been done before and unless you want another SUPERMAN RETURNS (2006) cus we all saw how "well" that turned out it's time to take the character of superman in a different direction and the one in MOS i'm really liking what they're doing. They need to establish themselves from the other superman films of the past. So if a realistic take worked for batman who's to say it won't work for superman too?

The movie looks great but I'm going to miss John Williams's music:

I hope the new movie will also have a memorable theme music.
For someone who likes John Williams theme myself. After hearing Hans Zimmer ?score in the 3rd trailer I have to say I wasn't missing John's superman march theme and it can be memorable if you give the music a chance and don't try to brush it off letting your nostalgia get in the way of rational thinking.

For someone who likes John Williams theme myself. After hearing Hans Zimmer ?score in the 3rd trailer I have to say I wasn't missing John's superman march theme and it can be memorable if you give the music a chance and don't try to brush it off letting your nostalgia get in the way of rational thinking.

I thought the same, of what I've heard in the trailers Zimmer seems to have captured one thing new, but I feel we won't hear THE superman theme until we see the movie...

Early review from one of my favorite YouTube Movie Reviewers Jeremy Jahns!!! For those who are not familiar with his ratings system. The rating he gave it is his second best rating. Enjoy!

MAN OF STEEL was very good!!! Film was emotional, action packed, thrilling, well acted, written and directed. Henry Cavill is the best Superman we have since Christopher Reeve!!! And this is the best Superman film since 1978's SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE. Here's to the dream team of Zack Snyder, David Goyer and last but certainly not least...Christopher Nolan.

Back