On June 25 Michael Jackson will be remembered in one of the most important churches in Rome.

qbee

Proud Member
On June 25 Michael Jackson will be remembered in one of the most important churches in Rome.

5209794108_02aeb623f9.jpg

Michael's Dangerous girls group are happy to announce that, after being in contact for a long time with the Vicarage and Diocese of Rome (who we are heartily thankful to), we’ve been granted such an important location for our event.

On June 25 Michael Jackson will be remembered in one of the most important churches in Rome, “Santa Maria in Montesanto”, known as the “Church of the Artists” because for over 50 years every Sunday a Holy Mass is celebrated in the presence of famous people in the entertainment industry, culture and art. In that same church, located in one of the most beautiful squares in the world – Piazza del Popolo, funerals of people connected to the world of art, film and music are often celebrated.

In this church, at 7:30 p.m., to honor Michael Jackson four years after his passing, a Mass will be celebrated by Father Walter Insero, who we’d like to thank for understanding our desire to help others and the real meaning that’s the core of every initiative of ours.

After the ceremony, the group "All Over Gospel Choir" will perform a few Michael Jackson’s songs as well as some classic gospel repertoire.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...52830988.15714.100004477510882&type=1&theater

537503_365223603590951_361241266_n.jpg

EVENT PAGE https://www.facebook.com/events/435007839911198/

MICHAEL'S DANGEROUS GIRLS IN COLLABORATION WITH CARLA DE FELICI of MICHAEL JACKSON ITALIAN FOUNDATION
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MJ-Italian-Foundation-sede-di-Roma/128976253828009

The cultural and artistic impact of Michael Jackson in his singing production involves social problems about the disadvantaged, the neglect, the abused people and those living in abandon.

The art of Michael Jackson aims to help people reflecting about the problems that destroy our planet and break up our society day after day. His music is meant to give love to those who don’t have love and his entire life has been a continuous offering: Michael Jackson devoted himself, his time and his money to the children and the most vulnerable people.

His mission was "TO BE THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS" (Cited in MJ).

All in the name of love, that unconditional love that should be the basis of all human relationships, but that too often people forget to give each other.

On June 25, 2009, an extraordinary human being left us, but his voice didn’t follow the same fate ... rather it spread throughout the world, instilling love in the hearts of many people. Since then, that voice echoed everywhere, rejuvenated by those who have been able to grasp his message, and his legacy lives on as an example of consistency, genius, magic and art.

But the most important legacy of Michael Jackson is the neighborly love and the ability to make a change, to "make the world a better place" starting with the man in the mirror.

Surrounded by envy, Michael became the target of slander, yet he consistently put anyone else before himself, creating an immortal music that will continue to sing his love forever.

On June 25, 2013, at 19.30 will be celebrated by the Rector of Don Walter Insero in the Basilica of Santa Maria in Montesanto, known to all as the church of the artists in Piazza del Popolo, a mass suffrage in honor of Michael Jackson.

At the end of the liturgy the group "All Over Gospel Choir" will perform a few Michael Jackson's songs alternated with the traditional gospel repertoire
http://www.allover-choir.org/index1.htm

Like any initiative dedicated to Michael Jackson, this is for charity and all your contributions will be donated to the AMOC Onlus (an Italian association helping to prevent colon-rectum cancer)
http://www.amoc.it/

All the participants who can’t be present at the event will receive by e-mail a souvenir personalized with their own names. Please note that the souvenir is still in the making, so it may not be sent contextually to the donation.

Those who we’ll have the pleasure to meet in Rome will receive the gift personally.

Donations can be sent through Paypal at the following address:

blasi.cristiana@tiscali.it

Thank you!

Lovely. its such a stunning place. i stayed on the street right next to those churches in may 09. life was so very different then. so hard looking at pics even though i loved the place. its like before and after and u want to jump into the pics and change things

'surrounded by envy'. it's refreshing to hear someone say that, knowing that was the basis for all the evil railed against him.

I’m very grateful to EVERYONE who made it possible !!!

I hope it will bring Michael’s soul some peace and joy.

In all the negativity around him now, it’s absolutely wonderful and right way to show love.

Awesome news!

And since my background is italian i am very happy bout this
Italy-120-animated-flag-gifs.gif

That is wonderful. I'm sure it will be beautiful!
Well done to those who worked to make this possible. God Bless.

This is so WONDERFUL!!!!!
angel3l.gif
I thank everyone who made this possible.
angel3r.gif

The All Over Gospel Choir will perform some of Michael's songs? That's going to be fantastic. Hope I can see some vids.

What a wonderful event, and a marvellous achievement by all who made it possible. I hope it gets some good coverage in the media (but then, who am I kidding). Never mind, it's not for them, it's for Michael, and for all of us who love him... and for the charity. Well done, everyone. I will be with you in spirit.

That's very kind of the church in Rome to honour Michael for June 25th.

Nice. :) I've been to that plaza a couple times when I went to Italy two years ago. Even sat on the steps near that church. It's a good place to honor Michael. There's also a MJ impersonator that performs there too :)

Bravo!! What an honor.

I also have masses offered for Michael in the Catholic church, & I have to say at the beginning when the priest says "This Mass is offered for the repose of the soul of Michael Jackson," one get's a deep feeling of love, peace & thankfulness. I remember the first time I offered mass in 09 at the St. Francis Church in 34th St. in New York city, one priest asked me if it was "the Michael Jackson," and I said yes. Then he talked about Michael so lovingly about his talent and his kindness. His remarks really moved me at the time.

The last time I offered a mass was on March 23 and the next one is April 6th at a church near my house. I am so glad to see others are doing the same thing I have been doing also. Michael is greatly loved!

I have a feeling that fans from different religions are doing their own religious ceremonies for Michael too.

Pace your comment: Absolutely wonderful! His name being read at Mass...
That is the touching moment for me too, to hear his name read out & to know the whole mass and all the prayers are only for him.

Last edited:
On June 25 Michael Jackson will be remembered in one of the most important
churches in Rome, “Santa Maria in Montesanto”, known as the
“Church of the Artists”
I was like "Really? Wow." I didn't even know there was such an event.
That's great. Very special.

Thanks Qbee for letting us know.

Last edited:
Bravo!! What an honor.

I also have masses offered for Michael in the Catholic church, & I have to say at the beginning when the priest says "This Mass is offered for the repose of the soul of Michael Jackson," one get's a deep feeling of love, peace & thankfulness. I remember the first time I offered mass in 09 at the St. Francis Church in 34th St. in New York city, one priest asked me if it was "the Michael Jackson," and I said yes. Then he talked about Michael so lovingly about his talent and his kindness. His remarks really moved me at the time.

The last time I offered a mass was on March 23 and the next one is April 6th at a church near my house. I am so glad to see others are doing the same thing I have been doing also. Michael is greatly loved!

I have a feeling that fans from different religions are doing their own religious ceremonies for Michael too.

That is the touching moment for me too, to hear his name read out & to know the whole mass and all the prayers are only for him.

He's in a lot of Books of Intentions, too... and the "for which we now silently pray..." He and those he loves.

I once had an AMAZING experience with Mass being offered for another loved one of mine - a lot of strange coincidences around that one - that was when it REALLY clicked spiritually... nothing like MJ bringing you an important part of Mass closer to your heart.

He's in a lot of Books of Intentions, too... and the "for which we now silently pray..." He and those he loves.

I once had an AMAZING experience with Mass being offered for another loved one of mine - a lot of strange coincidences around that one - that was when it REALLY clicked spiritually... nothing like MJ bringing you an important part of Mass closer to your heart.

^^So true. One of my coincidences was once when I went to one of the masses I offered for him, at each side of the alter was a huge sunflower arrangement. I know those flowers were not put there for Michael, but the coincidence of the thing took my breath away, and the church had all that gold that was glittering and made me think that Michael would like that church.

Bravo!! What an honor.

What do you mean "offered mass"?

In the Catholic church you can ask the priest to dedicate a mass for the repose of the soul of any dead person or for a living person. You can also offer a mass for yourself, for thanksgiving, for peace, for any good thing. The priest may say words like this mass is offered for the repose of the soul of XYZ, or the mass intention is for XYZ. When the priest gets to the part of the mass where the bread & wine is consecrated & he calls on the help of God and the saints he is supposed to silently place Michael's name into the prayer. In fact, I once called a church to verify that the priest was doing that, because we do not hear him. (Just my way of checking up.) During the mass he is supposed to bring Michael's name into his mind as he says the prayers too, so that Michael's name is alive in the mass. Sometimes the person's name is kept in the room where the priest dresses so that he takes a last look at it before he walks onto the altar.

Last edited:

There are several 'spots' within Mass that allow for prayers and intentions for either the living, or the dead.
If someone is ill etc, their names can be read out loud.

It is also quite customary to celebrate Mass on anniversaries of someone's departure, especially after one year, five years - or every year. Usually the parish priests 'keep track' of such anniversaries, especially if it was someone from the parish, so you don't even have to ask for that. So in essence you can say that a Mass is being celebrated and 'dedicated' to that person, if you will.

But you can always call up a priest and ask for that, too.
And it is indeed an incredible feeling to be present when the priest speaks the name "Michael Jackson", there is so much peace and love flowing, it's a wonderful feeling.

The daily Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano even ran an article on Michael June 2009. And I am quite certain that Michael's wonderful deeds for the children of the world will come into the forefront even more and will continue to remind people just how important the call for Social Justice truly is.

Last edited:
Back