Today in Michael Jackson History April 16th

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History April 16th

CHARLIE CHAPLIN'S BIRTHDAY TRIBUTE

x6ahww.jpg

HISTORICAL DATES

April 16

1974 - The Jackson Family play the 7th of 15 nights at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, NV

1983 - Michael Jackson becomes the first artist of the Eighties to hold two chart positions in Billboard's Top 5 with "Beat It" and "Billie Jean"

1983 - Michael & Samir Kamoun don Charlie Chaplin outfits to pay tribute to him on his birthday. Several photos of Jackson and pantomime actor, Samir Kamoun, were published with them dressed as Chaplin and performing their own tribute to the late actor and director. Charles Spencer Chaplin, has been a significant professional and personal influence on Jackson since his childhood and, as he puts it: "This is in memory of a great man who has touched the hearts of the world with his art of making people laugh and cry. You will always be in my heart. I love you, Charlie Chaplin."

1996 - The maxi single for Michael Jackson's "They Don't Care About Us" was released

2007 - 'Sister 2 Sister' magazine's publisher, Jamie Foster Brown, reports on travelling as a member of Michael's entourage on his recent trip to Japan. She was very impressed with his parenting skills. The children wore scarves on their faces when they appeared in public, but in private they were more relaxed. Photos of the children were taken without the scarves. She said that Michael was just like 'a regular dad' and 'a good parent'. The three children were intelligent, extremely well-spoken, and like to play jokes. They have a lot of fun with their dad.

2009 - Michael Jackson was spotted shopping at Book Soup on Sunset in Hollywood close to 10 PM. He bought 10-15 books , left the store with his security guards and graciously greeted fans from his car.

2009 - Day 3 of Juliens unveils the "King of Pop: A Once in a Lifetime Public Exhibition Featuring Property From the Life and Career of Michael Jackson and Neverland Ranch" Julien's Auctions hosted the 8 day museum quality exhibition at 9900 Wilshire adjacent to The Beverly Hilton open to the public on Tuesday April 14th through Tuesday April 21st . The auction was cancelled and an agreement was made that the exhibition would continue to help Juliens re-coup their losses for the moving, storing cleaning and setting up 1000's of Michael's items. Other agreements made in the settlement were sealed.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

14vn19d.jpg

Michael & Samir Kamoun tribute Charlie Chaplin 1983

2u73g8y.jpg

From a young age Michael Jackson was fascinated by Charlie Chaplin

chaplin.jpg

painting by Michael when he was a young boy

20jjlmf.jpg

Michael Photo shoot to Tribute Charlie Chaplin in front of his boyhood home

SONG OF THE DAY

SMILE - Tribute to Charlie Chaplin

http://youtu.be/PN9rrC8HKJs

VIDEOS OF THE DAY

They Don't Care About Us - Prison version video

http://youtu.be/t1pqi8vjTLY

Michael Jackson Exhibition by Julien's Auction Part Four 2009

http://youtu.be/x7GNFkwjwHU

Michael Jackson Exhibition by Julien's Auction Part Five 2009

http://youtu.be/7UIcRrnlngg

Michael goes book shopping at "Book Soup" 2009

http://youtu.be/sNUT8oAuZog

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"How can one not admire his [Charlie Chapman] genius? He was the king of pathos ...
He knew how to make us laugh and cry at once .. I feel a kinship with him. Sometimes
I feel like I am Him. "

~ Michael Jackson

* For your convenience > MJJC Index For all "Today In Michael Jackson History" Threads

* A major part of historical data comes from Michael Jackson: A Visual Documentary

Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History. Please PM Qbee if you find any misinformation or broken links to pictures, videos etc.

Wow Michael drew that painting? This aint normal anymore!:lmao: this guy has a creativity in everything that might pop in your mind. My drawings are nothing but babyscribbles compared to thát.

Lately ive been watching Chaplin's movies, City Light is really good. More people should watch old movies and stuff. You find so many interestings characters in it while its made in the 30's(!!) that is really what some forget sometimes, they dont think about that fact which. I really hope the coming generations look into the history so they'd appreciate todays movies and how everything began. :girl_sigh:

I'm green with envy to people who got to chance to see that exhibition at Julien's :wild:
It would've been great to see all those items close.
I'm right to say that the estate still has all those items?

I wish I could have gone to. That exhibition was amazing. Huge

Yes the Estate has posession .. I saw many of the same items displayed at the Michael Jackson Fan fest in Vegas.
So the Estate must have them in storage.

That room must have been huge to hold all the items. Michael was a true artist--he could draw, paint, sing, dance, write.....

I love the Chaplin sketch too and Michael as Chaplin.

That guy does not understand Michael cannot give back anything to Paul. An item was for sale, & Michael bought it, the same way that guy buys things for sale. I think people think that the copyright belong to Paul & Michael stole it.

MJPP I love the old movies too. Sure the special effects can be laughable, especially the horror or science fiction ones, but I love the story lines. I must admit too that I like to look at the furniture & clothes from that period.

^Thats what I hear from all people too, that he stole it, and some who dont know nothing at all say he didnt buy it cause they refuse to believe Michael bought it for real( I mean it! Some ppl here dont believe it). After seeing that exhibition and the that the tour @ Westlake studios is back this year, I want to jump on a plane to the US. Id be in another state everyday to see al those things. :(

Back