The Parkour and The Free running Thread.

wendijane

Proud Member
More like an expression of agility.

So do you do it? It is interesting and cool to watch. Any of our MJJ fam partake in this?
Post your Parkour Teams. Vids ,Your Pics and anything else in relation Parkour and Free running , HERE. ^^

Parkour is a holistic training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle course training.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] Practitioners aim to get from A to B in the most efficient way possible.They do this using only their bodies and their surroundings to propel themselves; furthermore, they try to maintain as much momentum as is possible in a safe manner. Parkour can include running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling, quadrupedal movement, and the like, depending on what movement is deemed most suitable for the given situation.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP]

Parkour is a non-competitive sport, which can be practiced alone or with others. It can be practiced in any location, but is usually practiced in urban spaces.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] Parkour involves seeing one's environment in a new way, and imagining the potentialities for movement around it.[SUP][9][/SUP][1

Freerunning (or free running) is the art of expressing oneself in his or her environment without limitation of movement. It is a martial discipline founded by Sebastien Foucan, who wrote a book on the subject. Foucan started what he termed "freerunning" in 2003, which he developed as a more inclusive form of parkour, but having more acrobatic-like movements added.

parkour.jpg

I admire the skill and agility involved in free running!

Here's a UK based video:

^Thank you Thrillerchild for your lovely contribute to my thread ^^
and yes, I agree with you.Free running rocks ...I mean ~ It is fascinating to watch. :eek:.. I really do adore those who have mastered this skill

Now this is a talent I wish I studied and practiced... I admire the talent beyond belief. I wish I were introduced to it much earlier in life when I was super impressionable the way I was introduced to dance and even martial arts when younger.. who knows what I could have done with it!! knowing me I wouldn't have mind a few broken bones practicing to do something so bad @$$!! lol

Back