your first Xscape listening experience

Xscape2041

Proud Member
How will you listen to the album the first time and on what equipment? Im gonna listen to it by myself on my headphones sennheiser hd 595. Still torn to which versions I will listen first though.

I will first listen to it with a friend of mine who is a MJ fan, too. Probably very loud with speakers. After that, I will listen to it with my Beyerdynamic DT800 do get all the details :)

me with headphones at home and for the next few weeks/months/years in my car (with subwoofers :eek:!).

Nice thread!
Come on guys! How will YOU do it for the first time? When, where, with whom?
Details, details, details please!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Where &amp; how will You listen to Xscape for the 1st time on release day?
<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MJXSCAPE&amp;src=hash">#MJXSCAPE</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TheBestYouveNeverHeard&amp;src=hash">#TheBestYouveNeverHeard</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Xscape&amp;src=hash">#Xscape</a> Me: <a href="http://t.co/KBBaMXfotc">pic.twitter.com/KBBaMXfotc</a></p>&mdash; Xscape_MJ (@Jujujunior) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jujujunior/statuses/458238935248809984">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope that i can snatch the album one day before the german release date. This way i would be able to listen to the album @ home on my desktop, with my Swans M 10 speaker set, which have a very nice, warm & high definition sound in the near field. I'll sit there with my wife & a glass of wine. As we already did with Bad25...

If i'm not able to get Xscape early, i'll have to first listen to it in our car, on a pretty shitty car sound system. Because we're abroad over that weekend. Then, when we'll have arrived at the location, i will listen to the album on my Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Headphones again & take all the details in...

By the way: Coffre - Sennheiser HD 700 <- BE THE MAN!

Last edited:
I will be listening to the album on my computer with my headphones, starting with the new edits and then continue with the demos. I think I maybe will be listening to Xscape first. I always wanted that to be the first song on the album as the opening song.

I recently bought a new Philips stereo with AMAZING sound which I am going to listen on. I will be using my favourite pair on in-ear earphones (plain old JVC, although I do have a pair on Sennheisers somewhere). :D It feels so good being able to plan this because to be honest I have no idea where or when or how I first listened to Michael in 2010, although I believe it would have been when it leaked online, so would have probably been MP3 files on my PC...

Anyway, I'm definitely relishing being able to plan this out. It's going to be life-changing listening for the first time! :D

Listening to my Laptop with Dolby Digital audio with Samsung phone headphones. Not a big deal, but it sounds nice.

I will hear it on my PC with great sound system!

I will listen to the album from track 1 ll the way through. - I will not hear the new version - then the demo or something like that.

Most likely I'll blast it in my car first while driving to work and then listen closely with some sweet headphones when I'm at home. New versions, then demos.

One of two ways:

1. At 12am, freshly downloaded off iTunes. I'll be blasting Xscape through my headphones, dancing around in my seat :D
2. In the evening when I've finished everything for the day, blasting it loudly through my speakers and dancing like crazy around my room. This will happen regardless of whether #1 goes ahead - you won't be able to drive through my neighbourhood without hearing the voice of Michael Jackson :D

With headphones. I have Sennheiser too actually. Actually...I kind of stole them lol. I'm planning on listening to the album from the beginning to the end. Then I will put the tracks into my music library on my computer and then on my iPhone too. Unless I totally hate some of the tracks, which I probably won't because it's Michael F*cking Jackson!

I have pre-ordered the album on iTunes but am also planning to get a physical copy at my local record store. If the record store has the album on the 12th I'll drop by after work to pick it up and listen to the CD on my PC. If (for some reason) they don't, the iTunes version will have to do. I'll be using my favorite headphones either way -- Audio-Technica ATH-M50.

I haven't decided the listening order yet in terms of demos vs. contemporized versions, but I'm leaning towards listening to the demos first. Just seems more natural to hear the songs in their original form / the way MJ heard them last, before checking out the new versions.

not sure if i listen first to the demos or new versions. luckily I've a few days left to think about it

Might borrow Beats Solo from a friend just for the first listening.

Also, I will be listening to the Demos first.

Oh and I'll listen to the new mixes first. Mainly because I'm most excited for those and well, I wanna play it in order too :)

I'll give the new mixes a listen first as when the album comes in it will be on the store stereo system, When I get my copy home I'll be listening to it through my MJ Bad headphones

I will listen the demos first as well on my PC with my headphones, then from the moment I'm home alone, I will blast it to my neighbors. :D

158411_8freefonts02a.jpg

Back