Michael has the best VMA Performance of all time

Doggone

Proud Member
Yet again... The King shows why he is The King of Pop... No The KING OF ENTERTAINMENT! :woohoo:
Michael's 1995 VMA performance is chosen the best of all VMA performances.
Rocking with Slash, moonwalking, on stage costume changing, Billie Jeaning and everything else! :punk:

On 2nd place is Madonna followed by Bon Jovi on 3rd place.

Read here the article written about Michael's performance.

1. Michael Jackson Medley (1995)

Michael Jackson proved, yet again, just why he was the King of Pop at the '95 show. Not only did he give MTV viewers a 15-minute medley of many of his biggest hits (including "Beat It," "Billie Jean," "Black or White," "The Way You Make Me Feel" and more); he did it with on-stage costume changes, moonwalking, Slash shredding on guitar, dance-fighting and enough crotch-grabbing for the whole of the '90s. Such was the awesome power of this spectacular MJ performance, which set the standard for today’s Video Vanguard performances.

To read the full article click here!

What!!! How come we didn't get a chance to vote MJ for winner:D
Obviously they just gave up and said why bother, MJ fans will vote him to be a winner anyway:clapping:

What!!! How come we didn't get a chance to vote MJ for winner:D
Obviously they just gave up and said why bother, MJ fans will vote him to be a winner anyway:clapping:

At least we didnt have to show them that Michael is the real deal. They ackowledge MJ's performance as the best all by themselves!

Each time I watch the dangerous choreography I ask myself how can be one man so multitalented. I think he had the best moves, so effortless when he dances. Not only the choreography is as good as it was 19 years ago, there wont be anything as iconic, ever.
I love his short curly hair here, also when he accepts the video award for Scream, looking soo good :)

It really was the greatest. I remember being 15 years old at the time and watching it. As well as taping the entire VMAs. I could not take my eyes off of that performance. But I wish Michael could had won more than one moon man that year. But at least he had won the award for best dance video. Who else but him will win that award. I can't believe that next year will be 20 years since he did that performance. I am so glad that I have that whole entire award show on tape. But because of my countless of times of watching it. It is kind of in poor quality now. Which can't be helped since that is one of my very most favorite MJ performances.

It really was the greatest. I remember being 15 years old at the time and watching it. As well as taping the entire VMAs. I could not take my eyes off of that performance. But I wish Michael could had won more than one moon man that year. But at least he had won the award for best dance video. Who else but him will win that award. I can't believe that next year will be 20 years since he did that performance. I am so glad that I have that whole entire award show on tape.But because of my countless of times of watching it. It is kind of in poor quality now. Which can't be helped since that is one of my very most favorite MJ performances.

I have it on VHS too. :happy: I'm so happy about that.

michael your are still the MAN with your fine self.lol.
I totally agree! :happy:

Awww MJ! Way to go Boo! :D

didn't Michael win 2 awards that evening?
maybe one wasn't in the show.

Last edited:
It has to be the best. It was PURE talent.. nothing sleazy like what most of the other artists do.

I've only seen MJs 1995 VMAs performance on the HIStory Vol II DVD but I heard a while back that it had been edited somewhat to add crowd noise and different camera angles...

My question is: is that true?

And if so, is there anywhere that I can see the actual live feed of the performance as it aired on TV for the first time?

I'd love to see whatever slight or major differences there really are...

Thanks so much in advance!

PS - I posted this same thing in a separate thread in the Michael Mania forum...

Back