DWTS 2014: Let's Root for Alfonso!!

barbee0715

Proud Member
DWTS starts its new season Monday, September 15th and this year a couple of celebrities have connections to Michael. Well, I guess that's if you believe Tommy Chung's story that HE discovered Michael when he was with Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers, rather than Gladys Knight discovering them. :D But Alfonso Ribeiro is one of the contestants this year and I think we should all rally around and vote for him!
I figured it wouldn't be fair, because not only did he dance with Michael in the Pepsi commercial in 1984, he was also the original star of the "Tap Dance Kid" on Broadway and was later replaced by Savion Glover when he moved to TV roles. But I saw him on a TV interview the other day and he said he never was a trained dancer-he could just look at moves (including tap dancing) and copy them-sounds like Michael when he was a kid, doesn't it.
Of course, most people probably know him as Carlton Banks in "Fresh Prince." It took me a long time to figure out he was one and the same guy, but he's darling in both.
And he seems to be a real good guy in real life.
I would try to post some pix of them doing the Pepsi promos as well as some of his cute dances in "Fresh Prince" but I can't get the stuff to post using Chrome.
I'll do it later in the week hopefully using IE.

I remember watching Alfonso (Carlton) dancing Billie Jean twice on the Fresh Prince show. He's an experienced dancer, he might have an advantage with the other competitors. I knew who he was because of the tv series first, then I watched the Pepsi commercial with Michael years later.

The first version is funny at the end. :lol:

Dude! I love that guy!!!

They always put experience dancers on there, like Corbin from High School Musical (which I LOVED and was minorly obsessed with/ngl). I consider the ice skaters from last year experienced dancers enough lol...and of course, guys from boy bands are experienced. So they always have at least one or two that will blow everyone out of the water but I guess thats what makes it bearable to watch lol

Thank you for posting the videos. I wanted to post the first one but couldn't. If you have time would you please post the Pepsi commercial too? He and Michael are adorable in that.
I agree with the experience of the contestants. I want to watch good dancing. And people really trying. This is the only show that I'll been faithful to since it started-and I actually vote. !! Lol.

Lucky Alfonso, he even saw Michael performing in The Bad Tour.
mj192109.jpg

10zoih5-001.jpg

tumblr_m2p62ckd5a1ro0k8w.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody watch Alfonso last night?? He's definitely the one to beat. He's as good as ever.
All the news shows were talking about him today.

Just a reminder. Alfonso on tonight. (He's always been such a huge Michael supporter thru the years and so that's why I support him-I would even if he was a lousy dancer, which he's NOT).

Last edited:
OK-I'm not posting about Alfonso tonight-Derek and Bethany had an adorable dance to Jackson 5 ABC!

Back