Will we ever NOT be in love with Michael?!

RockWithLou

Proud Member
Hey guys, not been on here in a while and tonight I've been watching some old concert footage of Michael (again, haven't done that in a while). Everytime I watch him or listen to him I am filled with this overwhelming feeling of love, like I just don't know what to do lol. Just when I feel I'm over my obsession he draws me right back in again :p I'm getting quite concerned that I'll never meet a man who even comes close to Michael, or feel about someone the way I felt about him when I was a teen lol. (Joking! Although also a tiny bit serious....)

Pointless thread. I'm delirious and just had had to express this somewhere! Anyone else feel the same?!

Last edited:
Of course! Hey join the club. I tried to "disconnect" myself with all things MJ after 2009, but as of this year - now look at me. I'm right back where I started.

And more and more I'm starting to see the truth in the idea that he lives on, FULLY, in us and in his art. We are so fortunate to be a fan of someone who has left behind a seemingly endless body of work. Even when we run out of songs in the "vault' or new posthumous albums to make, theres always something new to discover within those works - a new angle, and new sense of depth, a new insight into MJ himself or what MJ tried to say about the world in general. I'm so so grateful for that, you have no idea.

THIS is why every time you watch footage again, you fall back "in love." His soul was really bound to his work. He was NOT lying.

Perhaps in that way we are all deeply connected. Connected to him and connected as fans of him. I don't think any other celebrity dead or alive has that effect.

It's not pointless. As a wise man said "You are not alone". :) I have the same experience though. I won't watch for awhile than decide to watch a few videos or interviews, listen to songs I haven't listened to in awhile and bam! Once he grabs hold of you he doesn't let go. But, I have no doubt you will meet someone who will capture your heart in his own special way. :)

^^ oh yes, forgot to say that. lol I think love comes in all shapes and shades as people do. The love fans have for MJ is one shade. Maybe the love you have for your soulmate/lover is another. But I think its all equal in value, but they just have a different character to them. So no, no one will probably make you feel like MJ does as an icon, as someone who is an inspirational force in your life - but no one will make you feel like your soulmate/lover will either! So its all good!

I always came back. Before Michael's passing in 2009 I actually stepped away from his music,up until a few days before his death then I started listening to him again. Then he died and he's been on loop ever since. It makes me feel complete after having the giant hole in my heart because of his passing.

I can honestly say there hasn't been a time when I "stepped away" from his music. Ever since that day my daddy bought the J5's debut album for my siblings and me I've been hooked, been listening continuously. It's like breathing, my 'happy place', my comfort (moreso than any other artist).

I never thought I'd live to see the day he didn't walk this earth anymore. I DIDN'T want to see that day and it'll bother me until I die. Something about this world feels off without him in it (or maybe I'm just tripping).

Never happened, never will. It's like a revelation, you can't go back once you've had it and you also cannot lower your standards, can you now?! Michael just spoiled me that way:)

Of course! Hey join the club. I tried to "disconnect" myself with all things MJ after 2009, but as of this year - now look at me. I'm right back where I started.

That's exactly how I felt.

Having ticket to TII and him dying in such an awful way, it was just more than I could handle and I was forced to step away for my own sanity really. Since his death I've been on-off, not in regards to my love for him which is very much always on, but in regards to being an active fan. Right now I'm on, but I still have periods where I have to step back because him being gone is too painful of a truth to be faced with.

But to get back to the topic at hand, I will definitely never love anyone in the way I love Michael - I love him in so many different ways. Sometimes as a man I'm in love with, other times as a best friend and then sometimes also as the father I wish I'd had. There are infinite ways of loving this man and I don't think any ways are wrong. I will always love him and be in love with the beautiful and unique person he was.

You're not alone on this. It's been a while for me too since I watched a DVD of him on my TV or listened to his music but that doesn't mean I still a fan because I always will be, there just comes a time where you have to step back for a bit. Once you hear that voice, it just pulls you right back in!

Michael has always had my attention, since 1983. For a long time it was 'undivided,' and around 1997, I made the decision not to buy Blood on the Dance Floor. Maybe because I was living my life, getting married, going to college...maybe because he was married again, maybe because I needed to detach a little bit from my admiration/love/fanaticism. I've always been surprised at how strongly I feel about him, someone I've never met or known personally. However. He has always continued to 'turn my head,' despite real life happenings...I bought Invincible the first day it came out, I watched the 30th Anniversary concert shows, I watched news about him during the trial, I bought Thriller 25...and his death...my GOD, his death shook me to the core. And, it brought back all the reasons why I loved him and continue to love him so dearly. He was, is, remains such a beautifully good person who created and shared his incredible talent with the world. His purpose. And those who recognize it, cherish it.

As for me I have been an MJ fan for over 30 years now. But it wasn't until the start of the HIStory era. When I was 15. Was when I became a true hardcore fan of his. I remember being so extremely obsessed with him back. And it remained mostly like that for me up until what had happen to him. My bedroom is still the MJ shrine that I had turn it in to over 10 years ago. But as of me being that true hardcore MJ fan. That is almost non existence for me. My depression over what had happen to him. Is the reason why I can't be that MJ fan that I once was. I can't tell you just how badly I miss being that MJ fan. After seeing that jeep and hearing that song of his. Made me cry too much. And I realized I was just kidding myself about wanting to get that Xscape album. And I did like that song too. It is that reason alone is why I rather just listen to my Christian and Hindi music mostly anymore. Even though my MJ Fandom is almost non existence for me. I will never ever stopped loving him. Not when ever since I was 12 years I had consider him the L.O.V.E. of my life. He was and still is the only guy I will ever truly L.O.V.E. Around my neck I wear 3 MJ Necklaces constantly. Only when I need untangled them is when I need to take them off. Then I put them right back on. And one of those necklaces is a picture of him. I always wear an MJ t-shirt when I am at home. And all of my computers always have some sort of an MJ background on it. Right now it is a Stranger In Moscow bg. Even though watching him is still totally out of the question for me. And I can only handle listening to him maybe only about 7% of the time. I still have my other ways of showing my eternal L.O.V.E. for him. Which will never ever change for me.

Back