MJJC Comment and Suggestion Box

Spyce

Guests
Hello MJFam!

As some of you may have noticed, MJJC has recently been undergoing some "changes". We are already the #1 fan club- the amount of traffic we get here put us at second only to michaeljackson.com. This is something we behind the scenes are very proud of, and you should be proud of as well. We have established the fact that we are the best, now we want to prove to people why we're the best.

The focus here at MJJC is first and foremost on Michael, then on all of you. Without all of your love and support, MJJC would not be the place it is and we (the MJJC staff) thank you all so much, from the bottom of our hearts, for this. We want to please you and to make you happy and keep you coming back, perhaps even more than you already do, if that is possible!

With that being said, we would like to get your input on how we can make MJJC a better place. What are we doing right? What are we doing wrong? (Either as staff, or just the site as a whole.) What would you change about MJJC if you could? Would you add anything?

We want your input- that is so important to us because without your input, we don't know how to evolve MJJC into a place you would want to keep coming back to. So please, do not hesitate to let us know what is on your mind. Any time, day or night, 24/7... if you think of something you feel could help improve MJJC, let us know by posting a reply in this thread :)

Have a wonderful evening evening! :heart:

- Team MJJC

Last edited:
everything is great guys. but i would return chose a song function in radio though, if it's possible. but still, everything is great so far. thank you :)

everything is great guys. but i would return chose a song function in radio though, if it's possible. but still, everything is great so far. thank you :)

I know there isn't a playlist anymore .. But at least we can slip a song if there is one we don't like ? ;)

We will forward your question panther, thanks.

Will there ever be a possibility again when 2000 Watts will be password free and accessible to everyone?

The biggest suggestion I have I've already brought to the moderation team but I'll reiterate here. I know its being worked on too,

I really think that this site can benefit from tighter/vision-oriented moderation.

What I mean by that is that having been a member of MJJF (when it was MJJF) waaay back in the day, I kind of remember what it used to be like. I'm not saying it needs to be exactly the same or that things are better/worse. But I believe one of the things that this community could benefit from is the kind of no-nonsense moderation that MJJF used to have.

As in there was an 'atmosphere' that was uniquely MJJC and the moderation reflected this in every which way. It reflected a community that encouraged valuable and heated debates, sure, but NOT fighting/name calling/flaming. And this isn't to say that MJJC encourages name calling at all - that is definitely NOT what I'm saying. But I just think that a lot of incidents like this slide by or get handled after things get too out of control.

I think this anti - name calling/flaming/fighting should include The Estate and the Jackson family topics. Honestly, it is rare that I see the Jacksons brought up without it turning into a bashing fest. I admit, I am guilty of contributing to this myself but after a lot of thought I realize not only does it NOT honor MJ (no matter what you believe about them) but it just produces a negative unproductive energy. I'm not saying people shouldn't express their grievances, they should, but I think mods should look out for comments that are clearly just throwing around insults. Both the Jacksons and The Estate are the only two things that 'represent' MJ and his kids officially now - this is all we got. To start flaming either of them, any chance we get, only divides us and contributes nothing. That's the way I see it anyway.

So lets make sure that people stay on topic. Things like that. Make sure that people take their personal beefs to PM.

In general, people should learn how to express their opinions and disagree respectfully. I'm seeing a lot of instances where that just isn't happening (and I've reported a few). The moderation, I think, should help push that culture a long. And I think other members should help the staff team and report these instances as well immediately. But also recognize that disagreements should NOT equal a rule offense either (meaning if you disagree with someone and they expressed their opinion respectfully, it should not be considered an offense).

My several cents!

I have to give my 2 cents to post above.

While I agree with several points in your post J5, but there are things that I need to point out.
This is MJJC and I became member here because I liked the way things were here and people weren't patronised and kept in tight leash like punch of school kids. Of course name calling of other members should be reported, but that is as far as I would go.

People should be able to express their feelings and back up their posts by referring prior actions, no matter if someone else finds these posts insulting and against their own beliefs. I cannot see any reason why MJJC mods should be a babysitters to adults, maybe these adults should babysit themselves by staying out of the threads that they know may have posts that may hurt their feelings, or/and put posters in their ignore list, and if they get name called - report those to mods.

I think you wrote your post in Jackson's in your mind, but what about every other subject?
If there is a post for example Debbie or LMP, you know what is going to happen on those thread. Every single past actions from them is brought to thread as back up for their current actions, and same goes basically with every single thread no matter who is the subject and those too "produces a negative unproductive energy".

While sometimes I get annoyed with certain people and certain topics and have felt like :banghead I'm not going to mods to intervene because I don't like topic, or cannot handle the heat. I stay away if it all becomes to much for me, and have put few people to ignore list.
I don't see any reason why the estate or Jackson's should be singled out from other topics and I think it is unfair.
To be honest, both of them are subjects that generates tons of interest years to come and both have their fans and non fans. By ruling out that we should be careful what we say about them is just a bit too patronising, and you next sentence supports this:
"produces a negative unproductive energy"

That made me feel like I need to be positive and produce only positive energy:D In Shangri La maybe, but we on MJ fansite, and we are not in factory producing solar energy to the world:)

Sorry if my post came across as if people need to babysit - like I said , negative opinions and grievances should not be censored - that goes for the Jacksons/ Debbie/ who ever. But flaming and bashing and name calling constantly just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me and lowers the level of discussion. At that point you're not discussing anything, you're just throwing around insults. That's what I mean by unproductive. It contributes nothing. If people can express their negative opinions without flaming, then that would make a more pleasant experience for everyone.

I think for the most part I've seen criticism against the estate, in this community, largely scarce or generally not agreed with lol. Considering the estate cooperates with mjjc - it makes sense (and this isn't to say that favoritism is happening but in this community - it's just not a common occurrence to speak negative about the estate from what I've observed). This is totally fine. All I'm asking though is for the limiting of pointless FIGHTING over it - not debating (there's a difference). In this way mjjc can be more inclusive and people won't feel like they'll have their heads chopped off if they have an unpopular opinion. Bringing up how awful the Jackson's are in as many topics as possible, some of which have nothing to do with the Jackson's - it's not productive or enjoyable to me (even as someone who doesn't like the Jackson very much). Like I said, I have my own unfavorable opinions of them but point is - they are still mjs family. They are still the ones MJ in trusted to take care of his kids. And despite my grievances about the estate, the are still mj's legal/financial/branding representatives. They still take care of his affairs. And more than anything these two entities have divided the fan community. So I just would, at the very least, like to see calm, respectful but most of all, mature discussion of the two entities that are the biggest reps of mj's affairs. Flaming and bashing and name calling just to do it does no one any good period.

And really if there's flaming, insulting etc in the Debbie/LMP threads I'd like that checked too. You don't have to censor negative opinions, like I already said, but if we can discuss things in a mature sane manner, that would be great lol

But I mentioned the Jacksons/estate specifically because unlike LMP and Debbie - they are the official spokespeople for all things MJ and mj's kids. So the less fighting and out of control derailment that happens regarding these two, the better off the community at large will be. But that is, ultimately just one example. Really im talking about any topic.

Again bothering mods just because you disagree is not something I suggested. My suggestions really just aim to create a safer space for people to express opinions no matter what they may be - negative or positive. And for people to be able to make an unpopular opinion without having to duck for cover - or for people to largely disagree without attacking. There's a big difference.

Last edited:
We hear, and understand, what you're all saying and just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on overhauling, and improving, our moderation system. However this will take time though so please, just bear with us. A more official announcement regarding this will be made in due time :)

Not sure if you have noticed, but the playlist function has been returned to the radio :)

Suggestion: what about removing the 'thanks' function? Sometimes I see great comments that got no 'thanks' and I wonder if the person who took the time to write them gets disappointed about that? Just wondering if it would be better and level the playing field if the 'thanks' option was not there, and also the cumulative how many 'thanks' in the profile. People could still use the 'reputation' feature to express approval/disapproval.

Just a thought.

Suggestion: what about removing the 'thanks' function? Sometimes I see great comments that got no 'thanks' and I wonder if the person who took the time to write them gets disappointed about that? Just wondering if it would be better and level the playing field if the 'thanks' option was not there, and also the cumulative how many 'thanks' in the profile. People could still use the 'reputation' feature to express approval/disapproval.

Just a thought.

Funny!! You know a few years back, I was wondering if the statistics should be removed, because I noticed once we had these features, it took longer for me to navigate or connect to the forum. I also wondered if the stats made the forum fees higher.

What I notice about the Thank You, which make me chuckle, is that people tend to give a lot of thanks if a statement is said by someone with rank within MJJC. I guess it is human nature, where people try to please. Oftentimes I see a mere member write something that goes thankless, and then a staff member writes the same thing and then suddenly masses of thanks appear. I just chuckle and don't get offended by it, because I see this as a human condition. However, I don't know how others might feel about something like this, if they are the sensitive types.

By the way what does the reputation pm mean. Sometimes I see I have a pm, and when I look, it is a list of threads and I have no idea what it means and why I am getting the pm. Is this necessary?

I hope no one thinks I am complaining, but these are just things I notice.

Back