Michael Jackson Legacy Tour to start

mkgenie

Proud Member

Hi - hope all is well with you. We are now, finally, beginning to book The
Legacy, so we can now let everyone see our promo video.

Here is the link -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4kxVkD_BlE&feature=youtu.be

It's time to spread the word !!
Cheers,

Michael Prince

MJ former collaborators joined together:

LaVelle Smith Jr, Brad Buxer, Michael Prince, Tommy Organ, Kevin Dorsey

And the impersonator

William Hall

Let's see how it will go...

I shared this link to Michael Prince, and he replied to me as follows:

"I read many of the comments and truly was saddened. Brad's and my comments in the video were not about the Legacy, but about Michael ! MJ has the greatest fans in the world, and I can understand how and why their often emotional views are expressed, as we are all still dealing with the devastating loss of not only the greatest entertainer in the world, but one who cared about and loved all..

I invited several big MJ fans and friends (engineers and musicians) that have worked with MJ to the showcase, and they were blown away by what they saw and heard. The show will speak for its self. It will mainly focus on MJ in the Bad era, when he was singing mostly live. Eventually a newer song or two may be added.

"Many of us have seen the Immortal Show, and felt that not only would MJ have not allowed it, but it didn't give the fan any clue as to who Michael was, or what he could do live. No movie or Cirque show can ever deliver his unique energy, and no one will ever be Michael. But, The Legacy will take the fans on a journey that will capture as much of his music, dance and live energy as humanly possible. The video was shot in a rehearsal room with no production (video wall, etc), lighting, final costumes or personnel. William Hall has been doing a tribute to MJ since 1988, and MJ, LaVelle and Mrs. Jackson have all seen his performance years ago, and gave him two thumbs up. It will take time to build the buzz, but with the people involved, who worked with MJ almost every day, I can assure you that it will be closer to what he would love that any fan could ever know.

We believe shows may start as early as December 31, 2014. We should know in 2 weeks."

Last edited:
I have to be honest here - and I have nothing against impersonators, I love that the emulate MJ and honor MJ in that way. But the promo just doesn't give me good vibes mainly because of the language being used. They keep saying "if you haven't seen him live, now's your chance," and all I can do is shake my head. Comparing it to what This is it would have been? If you've seen MJ live, you'll get to see it again? How could this even compare? Why is it even being compared to the real thing?

So out of respect and love for folks who impersonate, my biggest feedback is to advertise it so that you're calling it what it is. A great tribute to MJ. Not a Michael Jackson live show.

Its just one of those things that crosses a fine line to me...between paying tribute, and speaking in a language that essentially says "we can do this without MJ" - which is obviously not the intention. But its kind of the undertone, IMO.

I think the show looks pretty good. I still wish William Hall used a headset and a handheld microphone and not just the handheld. But the subtext of the promo is quite a turn-off for me. It's like saying "This will be better than This Is It." "For those who didn't see Michael,now they have that opportunity."
Nothing against William Hall,but there are plenty of better impersonators who can actually do a show that actually can be seen as a window of what This Is It would've been,and The Legacy show being promoted is absolutely not it.

I have to be honest here - and I have nothing against impersonators, I love that the emulate MJ and honor MJ in that way. But the promo just doesn't give me good vibes mainly because of the language being used. They keep saying "if you haven't seen him live, now's your chance," and all I can do is shake my head. Comparing it to what This is it would have been? If you've seen MJ live, you'll get to see it again? How could this even compare? Why is it even being compared to the real thing?

So out of respect and love for folks who impersonate, my biggest feedback is to advertise it so that you're calling it what it is. A great tribute to MJ. Not a Michael Jackson live show.

Its just one of those things that crosses a fine line to me...between paying tribute, and speaking in a language that essentially says "we can do this without MJ" - which is obviously not the intention. But its kind of the undertone, IMO.

yes! preach! its DISRESPECTFUL and I hope the show flops. Its quite creepy and annoying actually

How can MJ's collaborators get involved with impersonators after working with the man himself is beyond me. It's the tackiest thing to do - like showing off fake diamonds when you can't afford the real ones anymore.

I wonder how much he paid past collaborators to say how wonderful the show is.

I mean, it looks top notch as far as tribute shows go, but I'm not feeling the performer. Who's Bad does it better and have been doing it longer.

All this time they were talking about a "legacy project" and this is what it's all about? Eh.:pth:

Is it even estate approved? ("Nanana nanana we're all gonna get in a fight...":chillin:)

How can MJ's collaborators get involved with impersonators after working with the man himself is beyond me. It's the tackiest thing to do - like showing off fake diamonds when you can't afford the real ones anymore.
Indeed..

If some of his past band members got together and played Michael's music, maybe with guest singers or performing to acapella tracks (Elvis' old band members have put on shows in the latter format), it would feel more like a genuine tribute. But to do it with an impersonator and to then pretend like the impact of this will be as big as This Is It would have been (lmao) just feels incredibly tacky. They are basically saying that it does not matter that Michael is not the one doing the dancing or singing, it's just as good anyway. How is that a tribute?

Disappointing to see from guys like Buxer and Prince..

I'm never a fan of impersonators mainly because I'm to used to watching the real Michael, and this former tour collaborators doing things with impersonators beyond baffles me.

Sorry but this is a complete no no for me.

I totally agree. Maybe the show is great and all, but to say "if you never saw him live, this is your chance"? Umm, no. Especially from people who KNEW him.
The whole reason I was so supportive of the Cirque show and went to it was that they used Michael's real voice and image.
I'm very disappointed in these guys.

Tell me now how MP and BB are against the new released of the Estate, but still, they are collaborating for this THING.

there's that little thing hy·poc·ri·sy that apparently makes the world go round

Watched the clip and talk about over hyped. If the estate isn't collaborating with them on projects than no wonder.

Brad Buxer, Michael Prince??? Disappointed. They should be doing something more respectful and greater than this. Cheap clothes, cheap everything, awful looking impersonator... Why would Brad and Prince be involved in such cheap show like this? Are they thinking about making a lot of money? I doubt they will, because I don't really know who would like to pay to see what we just saw in the trailer. Also I think using all that make-up to look nothing like Michael, or like a parody of Michael is disgusting and disrespectful, especially from Brad and Prince.

The only good thing that will come out from this is that the Estate will earn from royalties of the songs being played!

Is it even estate approved? ("Nanana nanana we're all gonna get in a fight...":chillin:)

It doesn't have to be Estate approved. There are tons of Michael Jackson Tribute shows. One was just performing here near Croatia. They only have to pay the royalties for the songs they played to Estate.

Tell me now how MP and BB are against the new released of the Estate, but still, they are collaborating for this THING.

Michael Prince is NOT against Xscape or any other Estate released album. He praised and supported Xscape on his official twitter page.

Brad Buxer said nothing about it, so we can't possibly know his opinion about it.

How can you even compare this to what This Is It would have been. The way they were talking about it as if it's actually Michael performing just doesn't sit right with me. Some impersonator can't be compared to Michael. I'm scratching my head wondering why all these people that have worked with Michael before are involved in this. It's disrespectful.

I wonder how much he paid past collaborators to say how wonderful the show is.

this is not a show arranged by an impersonator and paid past collaborators to say nice things about it. This is a show that is arranged by the past collaborators and they hired an impersonator.

Extremely tacky. And very, very disrespectful to describe and promote it as if it's up there with a real MJ show. That's devaluing Michael. As if MJ is replacable by some tacky impersonator. SMH.

I'm very disappointed in Brad Buxer, Michael Prince and Lavelle Smith. And people thought these guys would have guaranteed the integrity of MJ's art if they had been asked by the Estate to collaborate on projects? Well, this shows that it's not necessarily the case.

I hope it flops and sends out the message that you cannot devalue MJ like that and say that some impersonator is just like him and he is replacable by some mediocre talent.

I read the thread without looking at the video and thought you guys were being really harsh. Then I saw the video - all I can say is I admire all of you on your restraint! My favourite quote in the video were "Being able to see a Michael Jackson live show, there's nothing like it". It's just a shame they didn't follow that by saying "and this isn't a Michael Jackson live show!" I can understand the need to hype something but that just made them all look foolish.

Last edited:
I never got the chance to see Michael in person but i have the memories to look back on when i put in one of Michael's concert he come alive and it is like i am watching him preform in person the magic is there.

LoveStoredMJ.jpg

I love this quote .

I agree no way will this be better then TII how can their say that. It doesn't matter because i will not be going to see this at all. No one will be able to do it like Michael did he was one of a kind a angel sent from heaven

Last edited:
I will always feel heartbroken I never had the chance to see Michael live and watching that tacky video was like putting salt into the wound because THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON! I felt insulted, if they had presented it as a tribute show, I wouldn't be angry but they said is like watching our man, the real deal live which is quite disrespectful to Michael, his legacy and his fans. They should know better, how could they fell themselves that low? The Estate should disapprove it since their advertisement is quite misleading and disrespectful.

Last edited:
That how i felt too when their said it like watching the man perform i agree no way.

Their can't use Michael's name or image without the Estate approve do their have that?

I basically agree with everything said above...

And, if you want to "recreate" TII, at least use replicas of the real planned costumes (by Zaldy or Michael Bush which would have replaced the Zaldy ones that were not good enough). The TII we know was no dress rehearsal, the Jam outfit for example was just some random outfit he liked. The only ones I could see as a final costume were the black shirt for the Drill at Culver Studios and the blue/red TWYMMF, shiny gold throusers and shirt, green jacket when Michael is hugging people.

The only ones I could see as a final costume were the black shirt for the Drill at Culver Studios and the blue/red TWYMMF, shiny gold throusers and shirt, green jacket when Michael is hugging people.

All random MJ clothes. Only Smooth Criminal jacket was from the actual show.

And, if you want to "recreate" TII, at least use replicas of the real planned costumes (by Zaldy or Michael Bush which would have replaced the Zaldy ones that were not good enough).

They can't use MJ's original clothes because Estate owns that clothes and this is not Estate approved project. It's just a random tribute show with an impersonator wearing clothes that he bought on ebay.

Back