Which Billie Jean live version is your favorite?

Which Billie Jean live version is your favorite?

• Motown 25

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Victory Tour

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Bad Tour

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Dangerous Tour

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • HIStory Tour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30th Anniversary Special

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Which Billie Jean live version is your favorite? Motown 25, Victory Tour, Bad Tour, Dangerous Tour, HIStory Tour or 30th Anniversary Special version? For me it's very hard to choose between Bad Tour 88 or Dangerous Tour. The performance was amazing on both tours but I go with Bad Tour Billie Jean because Michael's voice was better and the music sounded better in my opinion. The end dance was a lot better on DWT though.

In terms of dancing it would be a mix between TII/HIStory Tour & Dangerous. But in terms of vocals i would say BAD Tour, most definitely.. would love to see it included in a full HD show of the 1988 performances in the future.

This is a pretty great montage

Dangerous Tour! Perfect! Love how the stage descends at the start those add-libs & solo dance are incredible.

Dangerous Tour! Perfect! Love how the stage descends at the start those add-libs & solo dance are incredible.

YES! I watched DWT recently and had forgotten about the stage descent as the Bucharest show doesn't make it obvious.

Dangerous ! - Sung live.

The breakdown was too short during BAD tour.

Dance is incredible on Dangerous. - Live vocals - everything is perfect !

Bad 88 is phenomenal and Victory is outstanding as well-but I have to go with Motown 25-will always hold a special place in my heart.

Bad 88 is phenomenal and Victory is outstanding as well-but I have to go with Motown 25-will always hold a special place in my heart.
That bit at the start when Mike says "But especially I like the NEW songs!" Oh the chills! It's magic.

Motown 25 is legendary. To me, that will always be his best Billie Jean performance. Those couple of minutes magically captured Michael's transition from child star to superstar. He went from a boy to a man at literally the drop of a hat. Brilliant.

Concert-wise, I love the Optimum-produced Victory Tour version of Billie Jean because it captures the essence of Michael Mania as it was in 1984. He was at the height of his career in America and could've been elected president had he ran for office.

Another outstanding, underrated BJ performance is Yokohama '87. Often overshadowed by Bucharest (and Sheryl Crow's voice lol) but I really love everything about it. His dancing is amazing and he does the circular moonwalk which he basically downgraded in later performances and tours. To me, Yokohama's Billie Jean is superior to Wembley's in terms of singing and dancing and the music has more groove to it.

Bucharest is a great performance as well but it's just that. There's an insane energy during that entire concert but less overall "magic". What really stands out is the atmosphere and the picture/sound quality. When you watch it, it's like you're there. It's (along with Munich '96) probably the closest to HD we have of Michael's.

And don't get me wrong, every Billie Jean performance is brilliant in its own right and it's hard to choose one over the other. I'll find something amazing or likeable in any performance of his, regardless of which tour it is but I personally digg the rawer versions of Billie Jean in which the routines are less polished and less common in terms of concert use.

Bucharest is a great performance as well but it's just that. There's an insane energy during that entire concert but less overall "magic". What really stands out is the atmosphere and the picture/sound quality. When you watch it, it's like you're there. It's (along with Munich '96) probably the closest to HD we have of Michael's.
Watch the Blu-Ray version of Moonwalker. :)

It's the best from HIstory tour.
A prefer Billie Jean at the first leg of Dangerous Tour.

Motown 25 is legendary. To me, that will always be his best Billie Jean performance. Those couple of minutes magically captured Michael's transition from child star to superstar. He went from a boy to a man at literally the drop of a hat. Brilliant.

Concert-wise, I love the Optimum-produced Victory Tour version of Billie Jean because it captures the essence of Michael Mania as it was in 1984. He was at the height of his career in America and could've been elected president had he ran for office.

Another outstanding, underrated BJ performance is Yokohama '87. Often overshadowed by Bucharest (and Sheryl Crow's voice lol) but I really love everything about it. His dancing is amazing and he does the circular moonwalk which he basically downgraded in later performances and tours. To me, Yokohama's Billie Jean is superior to Wembley's in terms of singing and dancing and the music has more groove to it.

And don't get me wrong, every Billie Jean performance is brilliant in its own right and it's hard to choose one over the other. I'll find something amazing or likeable in any performance of his, regardless of which tour it is but I personally digg the rawer versions of Billie Jean in which the routines are less polished and less common in terms of concert use.
Awesome post! :cool:

when he performed Billie Jean in my hometown during the Bad Tour....Michael Jackson did the moonwalk across the entire stage left to right w/out breaking stride.....across the entire stage, and the way it was set up, there was a section behind the stage where you had another audience watching the show.....it was mindboggling how he did that.....

but that Motown 25, the buildup, the suspense leading to that moment when he unleashed the moonwalk for the very first time, the stars literally line up for that moment

what was so magical about that Motown 25 performance, when his brothers left the stage leaving Michael there all alone, there was no buildup to the expectation of performing a particular song staged better.....it was all time anticipation.....when Michael said "I love those old songs alike, but especially I like the new songs"...the crowd was screaming Billie Jean because they already know what it was gonna be, that's how strong the connection was between MJ and the audience on that night.....perfect unison

Billie Jean had already became the #1 R&B single in the country, then Pop radio followed suit after that Motown 25 performance.....

Right now, I prefer the HIStory Tour ones because truthfully I haven't seen the BAD tour enough. I love Dangerous Tour because obviously him singing it live is amazing, but I feel like dance-wise for Billie Jean, he was at his best in HIStory Tour. I really focus on the dance aspect of Billie Jean so that's why.

Back